Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Walmart's walkie-talkie radio intercom hacked ...

1. Post #1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,527 Times in 897 Posts

Default Walmart's walkie-talkie radio intercom hacked ...

mm

As terrible as it may seem to many law abiding citizen, it's unfortunate that I must inform you that Walmart's walkie-talkie radio intercom has been hacked !

It has come to my knowledge that hackers have used cutting edge technology to interfere with Walmart's daily operations by misdirecting store employees, harassing managers and causing general dissent among customers.

A recent report of a local Walmart radio hack has local customers in an uproar, it seems the radio channel was commandeered during a busy weekend with the hackers posing as Walmart employees. During many bogus customer service transmissions the "employees" referred to the customers as "fat ass welfare mothers", "blue haired old farts", and "the cripple retard in the electric motorized shopping cart".

It seems these transmissions are repeated by all the portable radios belonging to the Walmart staff and is overheard through out the entire store.

Other reports of fake employee radio traffic concern the sanitation of meat cutting in the grocery department, staff needed to unload shipments of "Chinese crap" and have security staff "Adjust the focus on the restroom toilet stall security cameras".

As a service to loyal Walmart customers its my duty to inform you of exactly how the radio communications were hacked. It seems Walmart uses a relatively little known radio band for commercial use called the Multi User Radio Service or MURS. It seems radios programmed for these frequencies are relatively easy to obtain on Ebay and radio transmissions can be made concealed from across the street, completely off Walmart property.

Those frequencies are;

MURS ch 1 - 151.820

MURS ch 2 - 151.880

MURS ch 3 - 151.940

MURS ch 4 - 154.570

MURS ch 5 - 154.600

Also Motorola DOT frequencies are used by Walmart, those frequencies are ;

Red Dot - 151.625

Blue Dot - 154.570 (same as MURS ch 4)

Green Dot - 154.600

Purple Dot - 151.955

------ This has been a public service announcement ------

mm
    Last edited by minimus; 02-26-2011 at 01:38 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimus For This Useful Post:

Pyramid (02-26-2011), Treasure Searcher (02-26-2011)

3. Post #2

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner
    Thanks

Default Re: Walmart's walkie-talkie radio intercom hacked ...

I gotta get me a set of THEM! Anyone know the model?

4. Post #3

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner Someone_else's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Concours14 View Post
    I gotta get me a set of THEM! Anyone know the model?
    The Icom F3001 should do the trick, and is probably a fair bit cheaper. Thanks to Dave Thomas for his post here:
    http://goldismoney2.com/showthread.p...063#post131063

5. Post #4

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 830 Posts

Another way to distract people at a large store is the follows: (It works if a well known celebrity is going to visit (concert performance, etc.) at or near your city and the news media has broadcasted it many times over).

Go on to the store intercom and announce that "celebrity name" has just arrived in the store parking lot and is giving autographs. Also mention that we are so honored to have "celebrity name" to come and visit our store. "Celebrity name" is now in the parking lot and you are encouraged to meet them. Repeat the celebrity's name over and over.

What you should see, is that the customers (and employees) of the store will be all going to the front of the store and looking out the front windows and/or going out into the parking lot to see the celebrity.

You can also set this same scenario up, if a well known sports figure is going to be in your city, too.
    The US Government was designed to prevent people from killing and stealing our property.

But today, the government kills and takes our property.

6. Post #5

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 505 Posts

This was definately not an inside job, as the average Wally World shopper and employee have the same IQ as the keyboard I'm typing on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid For This Useful Post:

Treasure Searcher (02-26-2011)

8. Post #6

Thanks
    Thanked 5,346 Times in 2,943 Posts

cant you use any modern scanner to pick up the frequencies being used?

pull up in wallyworld parking lot, press "scan" and save whichever frequencies are transmitted on. what you do after that is your business

9. Post #7

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner Someone_else's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EO 11110 View Post
    cant you use any modern scanner to pick up the frequencies being used?
    That would probably work. I suspect that someone carrying a frequency counter supplied this information though. A freq counter can be pretty handy at times.

Sometime back, one of my friends got the frequencies for the wireless headsets of the McDonalds joint and had some fun. He used his VHF radio to place his order well before he actually got to the drive-thru. Nobody was hurt, it was just funny.

10. Post #8

Thanks
    Thanked 5,346 Times in 2,943 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Someone_else View Post
    That would probably work. I suspect that someone carrying a frequency counter supplied this information though. A freq counter can be pretty handy at times.

Sometime back, one of my friends got the frequencies for the wireless headsets of the McDonalds joint and had some fun. He used his VHF radio to place his order well before he actually got to the drive-thru. Nobody was hurt, it was just funny.
    that's good stuff. i've heard of people listening to those headsets...but never ordering with a VHF.

do you run a scanner? i used to. then digital took out the good freqs

and what's a frequency counter?

11. Post #9

GIM Statesman
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,546 Posts

new law put into effect only recently gives the law the right to monitor these types of radios without any court order buyer beware just as cell phones can be as dangerous as a carry along bug. frequency counters near military bases bad news.
    IF YA CANT DAZZLE THEM WITH BRILLIANCE BAFFLE THEM WITH BULLsh!t.

12. Post #10

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 1,020 Posts

Good one Someone Else!

A kid I know put a sign on the local McDonald's drive through that said something to the effect of "it's John's birthday, sing happy birthday and get a free small french fries".

Then he and his friends went inside and eavesdropped on the drive through guy. After about 15 minutes, the mgr got wise, went outside and tore down the sign. He said the guy got mad about everyone singing happy birthday, but after it was all over the whole crew was laughing about it.
    I never left the Repubican party. The Republican party moved Left from me.

Dead Dingo's Donger Trading Group
    Barking mad hairy chested trading for real men.

13. Post #11

Dave Thomas

Get yourself a Wouxun KG-UV2D

It does 136-174 and 420 ~ 520 MHz

That covers FRS, MURS, 2M, 440, and a host of other fun frequencies you can play with all for under 120 bucks less shipping!

It's not hacking, it's just researching.

The Moar you know!

14. Post #12

Dave Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Someone_else View Post
    Actually you don't even need that, back in the heady days of solar cycle 22, we used to drive up to a MacDonalds with a 102" CB whip scraping the aluminum soffit of the place. Then start ordering Burger king menu items, the RF from the CB bled all over their intercom, hilarity ensued!

15. Post #13

Getting Acclimated Prospector
    Thanks

Last hunting season I pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot and picked up their in-store radio conversations on a Motorola Talkabout that was on "scan" laying on my truck seat. No idea how that worked, but thought about messing with them at the time. I guess they could have been having issues of their own and were simply using talkabouts as a back-up system.