Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Wall of Shame! Whiners about copyright infringement!

1. Post #1

Thanks
    Thanked 10,700 Times in 4,178 Posts

Default Wall of Shame! Whiners about copyright infringement!

First one up yet again,

KING WORLD NEWS,

REFRAIN FROM USING THEM OR ANY LINKS TO THEM, THEY ARE BANNED FROM THIS SITE.

I am tired of their nasty notes with their never ending team of legal nothings threatening us.

Thank you,

Subject Re: Copyright Infringement
    Sender King World News Add contact
    Recipient admin@goldismoney2.com Add contact
    Date Today 17:09

Hi Admin,

It has come to our attention that your website has infringed our copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights by unauthorized publication of copyrighted original content from King World News. King World News demands that you cease and desist from such infringement and remove all unauthorized content which you have wrongfully taken from King World News immediately. King World News will be pursuing this matter with counsel and reserves all rights including but not limited to injunctive relief, demand for royalties and other suitable remedies in response to your infringement.

You have continuing copyright infringement:

http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthre...an-money!-quot

I suggest you let the poster phideaux know to stop this as the site owner is financially responsible for the infringement, not the poster.

This will be forwarded to our legal department for documentation purposes.

Bryan

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 6:53 AM, <admin@goldismoney2.com> wrote:

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 21:23:24 -0400, King World News wrote:

It has come to our attention that your website has infringed our
    copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights by
    unauthorized publication of copyrighted original content from King
    World News. King World News demands that you cease and desist from
    such infringement and remove all unauthorized content which you have
    wrongfully taken from King World News immediately. King World News
    will be pursuing this matter with counsel and reserves all rights
    including but not limited to injunctive relief, demand for royalties
    and other suitable remedies in response to your infringement.

http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthre...0-to-gt-12-500
    [1]

King World News Copyright Division
    go there all you want, I really don't care,

just don't bring any of their garbage here,

S

2. Post #2

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,377 Times in 2,824 Posts

Default Re: Wall of Shame! Whiners about copyright infringement!

I think the offending member should be fined one ounce of silver to every gim member as punishment, ROTFLMAO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to southfork For This Useful Post:

dirt to oil (11-08-2013)

4. Post #3

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 795 Posts

now I have lost my regard for KWN, they are sending us nasty grams for a GIMer (whom we do not control by the way, we can encourage them to link, unlike your site that you have complete control of the content) posting an article from their KWN site that KWN got from Sinclair's site. Come on Eric, are you kidding me....the majority of our posters try to remember to link back to your site, some dont and you're going get stinky about your site not being linked for something you got from another site..... I guess my respect was misplaced. So KWN resorts to threats. Since we do not live in a perfect world and this forum is not our 'full time job' threads will slip through, I would venture to guess that a search of our site would show an enormous number of link backs to KWN versus a small percentage that do not. You appear to want to throw the baby out with the bath water. So be it.
    The people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption. If it be intelligent, brave, and pure, it is because the people demand these high qualities to represent them in the national legislature. -President James Garfield

We have a giverment/takerment, we deserve a government for the people - AgAuGal 2010

5. Post #4

Modal Operator/Moderator Goldhedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,981 Times in 6,874 Posts

I still say we should get him to contribute in the 'articles' section...?

Maybe if we all sent him an email telling him we'd really like him to be part of the solution...?
    "...a Republic, if you can keep it!" Ben Franklin

Derivatives are contracts whose value is derived from stocks, bonds, loans, currencies and
    commodities, or linked to specific events such as changes in interest rates or the weather.

"Money is the future idea of value." Armstrong

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance." Sun Tzu
    Be the change you want to see in the world. Gandhi

6. Post #5

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus GOLDZILLA's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,169 Times in 1,607 Posts

I have removed them from my favorites tab and will boycott them completely. There is no shortage of other places that distribute this sort of news.
    I'm a jeenyus, and i approve this massage.

7. Post #6

Thanks

Maybe if we all post his stuff over on the White House Blog.....

he he he he
    http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/123/l_8cdd3b5db64b4d3699d5979e4a87ef07.jpg

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pre-64' For This Useful Post:

Goldhedge (07-22-2011), kerdasi amaq (11-18-2011), shades (09-12-2011)

9. Post #7

Thanks

I think we tried to play nice last time, deleted the thread about them,

as everyone thought this guy was real, on and on,

how one of their people wrote in, said the legal stuff was robo sent, and they didn't mean it like that, yackety yack

long story short, we granted a reprieve, and here we are again, the same robo signers, the same threats, all over a minor article, very short so hard to just link a line and go.

I won't ever just drop a link on members without a precursor to whatever is out there,

like I say, there are plenty of sources of good intel

10. Post #8

Thanks
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goldhedge View Post
    I still say we should get him to contribute in the 'articles' section...?

Maybe if we all sent him an email telling him we'd really like him to be part of the solution...?
    thought we tried that, many of us asked to give the 'relationship' a chance since both sites are about educating people about PMs similar to KWN. We extended a hand only to get slaped with another robo litigation threat. There weems to be no interest on the part of KWN for an amiable coexistense. Doesnt make sense to me. Also before the thread got yanked I'm sure I saw a link to KWN and only a portion of the article so people would have an idea what the link was about.
    The people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption. If it be intelligent, brave, and pure, it is because the people demand these high qualities to represent them in the national legislature. -President James Garfield

We have a giverment/takerment, we deserve a government for the people - AgAuGal 2010

11. Post #9

Modal Operator/Moderator Goldhedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,981 Times in 6,874 Posts

Maybe the 'robo' has a 'do not harass' www.goldismoney2.com filter?

We just need a human to interface with...
    "...a Republic, if you can keep it!" Ben Franklin

Derivatives are contracts whose value is derived from stocks, bonds, loans, currencies and
    commodities, or linked to specific events such as changes in interest rates or the weather.

"Money is the future idea of value." Armstrong

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance." Sun Tzu
    Be the change you want to see in the world. Gandhi

12. Post #10

Thanks
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,118 Posts

What idiots! GIM is the best free advertising they could imagine! Now they've lost respect from a large group of hardcore bugs.

“Half the people in the world think that the metaphors of their religious traditions, for example, are facts. And the other half contends that they are not facts at all. As a result we have people who consider themselves believers because they accept metaphors as facts, and we have others who classify themselves as atheists because they think religious metaphors are lies.” - Joseph Campbell

13. Post #11

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 1,604 Posts

Deleted them from my bookmarks and won't be visiting their site again.
    "Fiat money is the child of the arrogance of human intellect, which has sought to invalidate the laws of human nature which have regarded the precious metals as money for thousands of years, and sought to substitute an intellectual construct for the real thing. Now we are going to pay for that arrogance." Hugo Salinas Price

14. Post #12

Intergalactic Silver Guru Strawboss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,437 Times in 1,336 Posts

There goes Phideaux - causing trouble again...
    Ignorant people don't understand The Federalist Papers, but they understand government checks with their names on them.” -- Joseph Sobran

15. Post #13

Thanks

Fascinating. I hadn't read this before. So King World News is NOT part of the libertarian internet community. Talk about being part of the problem.

Nice going, Eric King. Your guests would do well to leave you behind.
    It doesn't matter what is true, it only matters what people believe is true. - Greenpeace
    There's enough misfortune in the world without having to make stuff up. - Doug Casey
    The true definition of LIBERTY is the right to be left alone. - Martin Armstrong
    The real enemy is humanity itself. - Club of Rome, inventor of Global Warming

16. Post #14

Thanks
    Thanked 3,214 Times in 1,629 Posts

Found these interesting bits while hunting the Web.

http://www.chillingeffects.org/
    http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca512c/

Snip from the first link:

"A joint project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, University of San Francisco, University of Maine, George Washington School of Law, and Santa Clara University School of Law clinics.

Do you know your online rights? Have you received a letter asking you to remove information from a Web site or to stop engaging in an activity? Are you concerned about liability for information that someone else posted to your online forum? If so, this site is for you.

Chilling Effects aims to help you understand the protections that the First Amendment and intellectual property laws give to your online activities. We are excited about the new opportunities the Internet offers individuals to express their views, parody politicians, celebrate their favorite movie stars, or criticize businesses. But we've noticed that not everyone feels the same way. Anecdotal evidence suggests that some individuals and corporations are using intellectual property and other laws to silence other online users. Chilling Effects encourages respect for intellectual property law, while frowning on its misuse to "chill" legitimate activity."

Snip from the second link:

"DMCA Safe Harbor

In the online world, the potentially infringing activities of individuals are stored and transmitted through the networks of third parties. Web site hosting services, Internet service providers, and search engines that link to materials on the Web are just some of the service providers that transmit materials created by others. Section 512 of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) protects online service providers (OSPs) from liability for information posted or transmitted by subscribers if they quickly remove or disable access to material identified in a copyright holder's complaint.

In order to qualify for safe harbor protection, a service provider who hosts content must:

have no knowledge of, or financial benefit from, infringing activity on its network
    have a copyright policy and provide proper notification of that policy to its subscribers
    list an agent to deal with copyright complaints
    While the safe harbor provisions provide a way for individuals to object to the removal of their materials once taken down, they do not require service providers to notify those individuals before their allegedly infringing materials are removed. If the material on your site does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a copyright owner and it has been improperly removed from the Web, you can file a counter-notice with the service provider, who must transmit it to the person who made the complaint. If the copyright owner does not notify the service provider within 14 business days that it has filed a claim against you in court, your materials can be restored to the Internet."...

fyi, R.
    "Walk the gold trails of my good friend, do I. On my feet are "strong sole" of thick leather, purchased with much knowledge of physical gold. These shoes not go bare before our journey is done. On trail I see your "thin sole" gold investments cast aside and scavenged by beasts." - ANOTHER (THOUGHTS!) (04/14/01; 18:08:54MT - #: 51887)

Personal best on calm water: SAE - 32 skips. GAE - 21 skips.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:

Scorpio (05-14-2012), Silver Buck (06-25-2012)

18. Post #15

Thanks

Add a new one to it,

Goldmart has let us know that they do not appreciate our threads re them.

Please refrain from posting anything about them in the future.

Thank you,

Scorp

19. Post #16

Thanks

Righthaven Case Ends in Victory for Fair Use
    November 22, 2011
    Print Version

Source: EFF

Newspaper Publisher Caves at Last, Agrees Excerpts of Articles Do Not Infringe Copyright

San Francisco - In a victory for fair use, the publisher of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Stephens Media, filed papers yesterday conceding that posting a short excerpt of a news article in an online forum is not copyright infringement. The concession will result in entry of a judgment of non-infringement in a long-running copyright troll case that sparked the dismissal of dozens of baseless lawsuits filed by Righthaven LLC.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Right...0/0/0/Y/M.html
    If some azzhole claims to be from Nevada but doesn't know what a cattle guard is then that person becomes a known liar.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ErrosionOfAccord For This Useful Post:

SongSungAU (01-16-2012)

21. Post #17

Thanks

Just to clarify... Do I understand correctly that GIM would prefer that I not share my experience on this site regarding a recent transaction that I had with with Goldmart?

22. Post #18

Thanks

you are correct,

goldmart is x'd out here

23. Post #19

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 840 Posts

Did King World ever send Bluto after you?

24. Post #20

Thanks

Fair enough. Well I will just say that Goldmart is x'ed out of my world, too, and leave it at that.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to savvydon For This Useful Post:

crypse (08-09-2012), GOLDZILLA (01-16-2012), Scorpio (01-16-2012)

26. Post #21

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus GOLDZILLA's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,169 Times in 1,607 Posts

Anybody that is scared of what people say about them is either insecure to a fault or they are up to something doubleplus ungood.
    I'm a jeenyus, and i approve this massage.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to GOLDZILLA For This Useful Post:

dirt to oil (11-08-2013)

28. Post #22

Thanks

Either way it doesn't bode well for someone on the other end of a transaction with them.

29. Post #23

YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Add a new one to it,

Goldmart has let us know that they do not appreciate our threads re them.

Please refrain from posting anything about them in the future.

Thank you,

Scorp
    wow do they have any legal basis? Wouldn't they have to come after a each individual poster for defamation if that was what they believed was occurring? I don't see how a website could be held responsible for every opinion expressed on it.......

30. Post #24

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,610 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbox View Post
    wow do they have any legal basis? Wouldn't they have to come after a each individual poster for defamation if that was what they believed was occurring? I don't see how a website could be held responsible for every opinion expressed on it.......
    Whether they have a "case" or not, I don't think Scorpio wants to have to expend the time & money defending himself/GIM from their vexatious litigation. Just to defend oneself, even if you are 100% innocent, requires legal fees in the four-figures & up.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Not Sure For This Useful Post:

Tinbox (02-06-2012)

32. Post #25

Found a way in
    Thanks

Default will do same

I'll do same things too !

33. Post #26

Found a way in
    Thanks

Default i -

you are right will follow you@ )