Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: coin show on-site grading? advice needed

1. Post #1

Thanks
    Thanked 5,135 Times in 2,837 Posts

Default coin show on-site grading? advice needed

i'm planning on going to money show of the southwest (houston) in december. do grading services offer on-site grading at coin shows? i have a mexican coin i would like graded......wondering what my odds are of getting it done

anyone done this? how long does it take?

i've googled some - seems that ngc does some US coins at select shows. don't know about pcgs or the other graders

thanks for any help/advice
    "Only a FOOL would let his enemy teach his children" Malcom X

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” John Adams

2. Post #2

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,189 Times in 2,730 Posts

Default Re: coin show on-site grading? advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by EO 11110 View Post
    i'm planning on going to money show of the southwest (houston) in december. do grading services offer on-site grading at coin shows? i have a mexican coin i would like graded......wondering what my odds are of getting it done

anyone done this? how long does it take?

i've googled some - seems that ngc does some US coins at select shows. don't know about pcgs or the other graders

thanks for any help/advice
    They offer onsite at various shows, price is based on coin and whether it can in fact be autheticated at the show, some rare coins are sent by pcgs etal to other experts for confirmation, the onshow cost can exceed $100.00

3. The Following User Says Thank You to southfork For This Useful Post:

EO 11110 (10-28-2011)

4. Post #3

Thanks

i found this - but having trouble understanding what they mean by "show submissions" and other service level submissions

is the show submission on-site grading at the premium price?

http://www.pcgs.com/Shows/Detail/6165

On-site grading will be offered! Show submissions will be accepted through Friday. All other service level submissions will end late morning/early afternoon Saturday. PCGS Representatives will be able to answer questions, accept submissions (excluding Bulk), and provide specific hours for submission cutoff times. For further details, please check with a PCGS Representative at the booth.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” John Adams

5. Post #4

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,189 Times in 2,730 Posts

Not sure on the grading at show, never had it done as it's too pricy, heres some info from ngc, they also have a number you can call for more details.

NGC Grading US Coins On-site at Whitman ExpoPosted on 10/24/2011 NGC will offer on-site grading, including our Silver Dollar Tier, for Morgan and Peace Dollars. All coins submitted for on-site grading will be evaluated for Plus Designation at time of grading.

NGC will offer on-site grading and encapsulation of US coins* at the Whitman Coin Expo, in Baltimore, MD on Thursday, November 17 to Friday, November 18, 2011. NGC will be at tables 1953-1956. Please check with NGC Customer Service for daily submission cut-off times.

Please read below for complete details on the services offered during the show.

NGC will be offering NGC Details Grading for coins that exhibit detrimental surface conditions. This service is provided automatically and at no additional charge for all on-site grading submissions. Submitters can request to opt out of this service if they prefer to have such coins returned ungraded.

All coins certified or reholdered by NGC at shows receive the Scratch-Resistant EdgeView® Holder.

On-Site Services include :

Silver Dollar Tier $30 per coin
    Morgan and Peace Dollars valued at $500 and under (5-coin minimum).
    Coins must be in flips.

Gold Special $50 per coin
    Gold coins valued at $3,000 and under (5-coin minimum).

Value WalkThrough $65 per coin
    Coins valued at $1,500 and under.

WalkThrough $100 per coin
    Coins valued from $1,501 to $100,000.

Expedite WalkThrough $150 per coin
    Guaranteed four-hour turnaround, coins valued at $100,000 and under.
    Coins are returned within four hours or regular show pricing applies.

High-Value WalkThrough $200 per coin
    Four-hour turnaround, coins valued from $100,001 to $500,000.

Unlimited Value WalkThrough $500 per coin
    Four-hour turnaround, coins valued above $500,000.

Show ReHolder $10 per coin
    A coin in a scratched, chipped or older-generation NGC holder is placed in a new Scratch-Resistant EdgeView Holder.

NCS CrossOver $10 per coin
    A coin in an NCS holder is NGC Details Graded.

Questions should be directed to NGC customer service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (642-2646).

Most coins submitted for on-site grading are returned within

6. The Following User Says Thank You to southfork For This Useful Post:

EO 11110 (10-28-2011)

7. Post #5

Thanks

thank you so much

that is primo info

if you ever need to know anything about betting on greyhound races, bay fishing, or how to sleep in a chair at work....