Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Yes, thatís a Tampon in my mouth : The Swiss Army Survival Tampon

1. Post #1

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,976 Times in 1,058 Posts

Default Yes, thatís a Tampon in my mouth : The Swiss Army Survival Tampon

Do me a favor for the next 5 minutes. Try to forget everything you know about a TAMPON. I know, itís hard. But pretend that this is the first time you have ever seen or heard of the item below and it is a new survival product on the market: the Tactical Adventure Medical Preparedness Outdoors Necessity (T.A.M.P.O.N.)

Before I get into the details of this post, a brief history of the tampon might surprise you.

The tampon is actually regulated in the US by the Food & Drug Administration as a Class II Medical Device. The word Ďtamponí is a derivative of the French word tampion which means ďa piece of cloth to stop a holeĒ. My research indicates that tampons were used as early as the 19th century as battle dressings to plug bullet holes. It wasnít until later that they were used as a feminine product. There are even accounts of tampons being used as wound plugs in modern warfare. A friend of mine told me that itís not uncommon for Army Medics to carry tampons in their med kits. Tampons are sterile and come very well packaged in their own water proof container. This only adds to their survival utility.
    Iíve high-lighted a few survival uses below:

TAMPON Survival Use # 1: Medical Bandage
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tampon-bandage.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	16884

Read on for 6 more survival uses for tampons here: http://willowhavenoutdoor.com/featur...survival-uses/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishkabibble For This Useful Post:

arminius (04-02-2012), Eyebone (04-02-2012)