Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Breaking: NBC Fires Producer Who Created False Zimmerman Audio

1. Post #1

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,813 Posts

Default Breaking: NBC Fires Producer Who Created False Zimmerman Audio

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew...immerman-audio

NBC News has fired the producer it says was responsible for creating the deceptive audio recording of George Zimmerman communicating with a 9-1-1 operator, according to the New York Times.

The network is still refusing to release the name of the producer, although according to Times reporter Brian Stelter, the producer is based in Miami and has worked there for a number of years. According to Stelter's network sources, NBC is still insisting the deceptive edit was not done deliberatiely. The network has refused to say how exactly someone could accidentally have edited the tape to make Zimmerman appear to be racially motivated:

NBC News has fired a producer who was involved in the production of a misleading segment about the Trayvon Martin case in Florida.

The person was fired on Thursday, according to two people with direct knowledge of the disciplinary action who declined to be identified discussing internal company matters. They also declined to name the fired producer. A spokeswoman for NBC News declined to comment.

The action came in the wake of an internal investigation by NBC News into the production of the segment, which strung together audio clips in such a way that made George Zimmerman’s shooting of Mr. Martin sound racially motivated. Ever since the Feb. 26 shooting, there has been a continuing debate about whether race was a factor in the incident.

The segment in question was shown on the “Today” show on March 27. It included audio of Mr. Zimmerman saying, “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”

But Mr. Zimmerman’s comments had been taken grossly out of context by NBC. [...]

The editing of the segment was initially noticed by NewsBusters, an arm of the Media Research Center, a conservative media monitoring group. On March 31, NBC told The Washington Post that it would investigate. [...]

The people with direct knowledge of the firing characterized the misleading edit as a mistake, not a purposeful act.

While NBC has taken a good first step toward rectifying the situation, until the network releases the name of the person and explains its theory that the edit was not deliberate, its credibility is still under question.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew...#ixzz1rO6VyJoL

2. Post #2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 683 Posts

Default Re: Breaking: NBC Fires Producer Who Created False Zimmerman Audio

I can't begin to tell you how disillusioned I am right now.
    =========

The necessity of oil is the mother of intervention.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclad Lad For This Useful Post:

DodgebyDave (04-07-2012), honu5050 (04-09-2012)

4. Post #3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfork View Post
    The people with direct knowledge of the firing characterized the misleading edit as a mistake, not a purposeful act.

While NBC has taken a good first step toward rectifying the situation, until the network releases the name of the person and explains its theory that the edit was not deliberate, its credibility is still under question.
    They aren't going to explain how the edit was not deliberate. There isn't any way to explain it that does not condemn them. The more they talk about it, the more they'll provide evidence against themselves to be used in potential lawsuits by Zimmerman, his family, and any other people with the last name of Zimmerman who get persecuted over this.

I've prepared some audio and video for use in the courtroom before and I am *extremely* careful not to cut out anything that is relevant to forming a judgement in the case.

NBC did the exact opposite. They wanted a hot story, and damn it, they got one. I hope it bites 'em in the ***.

5. Post #4

Thanks
    Thanked 5,491 Times in 3,026 Posts

refusing to tell who did the deed?

it's okay to spew the edited tape that slanders dude

yet the truth is none of your business

perfect
    The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. - Patrick Henry

Bad men cannot make good citizens. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience are incompatible with freedom. - Patrick Henry

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home. - James Madison

6. Post #5

Thanks
    Thanked 17,477 Times in 8,121 Posts

I'm not a lawyer (and I don't play one on TV) but how about some criminal charges for fraud, slander, defamation and whatever else a lawyer can throw at deep-pocketed NBC.
    Last edited by phideaux; 04-07-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    " 'The problem' is, uh, I'm the president of the United States;
    I'm not, uh, the emperor of the United States."

-- Barrack Hussein Soetoro Soebarkah Obama Shama-Lama-Ding-Dong the Magnificent! - 02/17/13

7. Post #6

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,822 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unclad Lad View Post
    shocked and amazed for days and days
    One Shot At Glory
    Driving hard and seeing red
    Destiny calls me
    One night of fire
    One Shot At Glory

8. Post #7

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,405 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
    I'm not a lwayer (and I don't play one on TV) but how about some criminal charges for fraud, slander, defamation and whatever else a lawyer can throw at deep-pocketed NBC.
    It worked for Richard Jewell... but his name is still Mudd.

9. Post #8

Thanks
    Thanked 2,492 Times in 1,381 Posts

I'm not a lwayer (and I don't play one on TV) but how about some criminal charges for fraud, slander, defamation and whatever else a lawyer can throw at deep-pocketed NBC.
    This is very good for Zimmerman, and hopefully it will assist him in raising cash or his defense.

He can shake down NBC just like Al and Jesse would do it!
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Peacefully engaging in "Economic Domestic Terrorism" since 2004.

If We the People fail to independently audit Fort Knox, then how will we know the amount of Tungsten backing the FRN?

10. Post #9

Modal Operator/Moderator Goldhedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,866 Times in 6,832 Posts

and they would by lying ... You don't go from this, to that, by "mistake"...

I'll bet the person is a liberal? It would be really interesting if the person was black...probably why they aren't telling...

BUT I bet it comes out eventually...
    "...a Republic, if you can keep it!" Ben Franklin

Derivatives are contracts whose value is derived from stocks, bonds, loans, currencies and
    commodities, or linked to specific events such as changes in interest rates or the weather.

"Money is the future idea of value." Armstrong

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance." Sun Tzu
    Be the change you want to see in the world. Gandhi

11. Post #10

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EO 11110 View Post
    refusing to tell who did the deed?
    not naming them makes it that much easier to not actually fire anybody.
    The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists. --Ernest Hemingway

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to specsaregood For This Useful Post:

Goldhedge (04-07-2012), ralleia (04-08-2012)

13. Post #11

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 957 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unclad Lad View Post
    Really, these things still amaze you? Its par for the course and has been for decades (really pathetic lately due to the complexity of the bs being represented these days). The only disillusionment I have these days is with the amount of people that can't seem to/want to wake up.......... or are sucked into these stories. Don't worry, you'll get over it with the help of the GIM2 support team.
    “Those who tell the stories rule society.”
    by Plato
    “Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.” Harry S Truman

14. Post #12

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 673 Posts

I'm not a lawyer (and I don't play one on TV) but how about some criminal charges for fraud, slander, defamation and whatever else a lawyer can throw at deep-pocketed NBC.
    I agree. One could characterize it as covert attempt to incite a riot or other civil unrest. The fact that NBC took so long to come clean and still refuses to name the producer means they still agree with the tactic to incite but were caught red handed. I hope NBC realizes that this will not go away by itself at this point. If there is any bloodshed people will point back to NBC as one of the root causes. I hope they are lawyering up by the bus load.
    "No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -- New York State Surrogate Court Judge Gideon John Tucker, Final Accounting in the Estate of A.B._, 1, Tucker (N.Y. Surrogate Court) 247, 249 (1866)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldgaranddad For This Useful Post:

Aurumag (04-08-2012), phideaux (04-08-2012)

16. Post #13

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldgaranddad View Post
    I agree. One could characterize it as covert attempt to incite a riot or other civil unrest. The fact that NBC took so long to come clean and still refuses to name the producer means they still agree with the tactic to incite but were caught red handed. I hope NBC realizes that this will not go away by itself at this point. If there is any bloodshed people will point back to NBC as one of the root causes. I hope they are lawyering up by the bus load.

Thats the only reason they fired the guy because he got caught, we should start a NBC bocoytt nation wide.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to southfork For This Useful Post:

HairHopper (04-08-2012), phideaux (04-08-2012), ralleia (04-09-2012)

18. Post #14

Thanks

Thats the only reason they fired the guy because he got caught, we should start a NBC bocoytt nation wide.
    Kill your TV and boycott all of the MSM Pimps & Whores.

If We the People fail to independently audit Fort Knox, then how will we know the amount of Tungsten backing the FRN?

19. Post #15

Thanks
    Thanked 1,994 Times in 992 Posts

Three possible scenarios.

1. It was a mistake. Ok, for brevity of discussion and so we don't waste our time, lets just conclude that no one on God's green earth could possibly believe this load of dirty diaper. Lets move on.

2. It was not a mistake BUT, it was only known and edited and broadcast by one person. The infamous Mr. X who cannot be named. I simply cannot fathom ONE PERSON being able to do this. They would have to do this without anyone in the organization having any knowledge of the taped 911 conversation. What kind of news organization would not have any quality assurance, no vetting, nothing? Simply not a believable tale.

3. NBC wanted to incite opinion and civil unrest.

Sadly, number three is the most likely.

20. Post #16

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Free View Post

1. It was a mistake. Ok, for brevity of discussion and so we don't waste our time, lets just conclude that no one on God's green earth could possibly believe this load of dirty diaper. Lets move on.

2. It was not a mistake BUT, it was only known and edited and broadcast by one person. The infamous Mr. X who cannot be named. I simply cannot fathom ONE PERSON being able to do this. They would have to do this without anyone in the organization having any knowledge of the taped 911 conversation. What kind of news organization would not have any quality assurance, no vetting, nothing? Simply not a believable tale.

4. The dirty edit was conducted by an embedded team from fed.gov whose clearance(s) precludes them from any responsibility, or admission of said PSYOP.

21. Post #17

Modal Operator/Moderator Goldhedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,866 Times in 6,832 Posts

They all ended up with egg on there collective faces. Racists all.
    "...a Republic, if you can keep it!" Ben Franklin

Derivatives are contracts whose value is derived from stocks, bonds, loans, currencies and
    commodities, or linked to specific events such as changes in interest rates or the weather.

"Money is the future idea of value." Armstrong

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance." Sun Tzu
    Be the change you want to see in the world. Gandhi

22. Post #18

Thanks
    Thanked 4,515 Times in 1,951 Posts

Well, it paid off for NBC.

Here in Floriduh, two white guys just got arrested for offing three (very possibly innocent!!) black folks.

Kewl eh?

But there is a footnote: One of the white guys just had his father murdered by a...

...wait for it...

Yup.

This can escalate. The NBC's utter joy.

23. Post #19

Thanks
    Thanked 1,994 Times in 992 Posts

Whether this will have an immediate escalation or not any white on black crime will be splashed across the press. In other words, the press will get the reaction they want one way or the other.

24. Post #20

GIM Statesman
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 1,577 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Free View Post

and that green light came from.................
    IF YA CANT DAZZLE THEM WITH BRILLIANCE BAFFLE THEM WITH BULLsh!t.