Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Becareful in Indiana if you move dirt around!

1. Post #1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 616 Posts

Default Becareful in Indiana if you move dirt around!

Not sure if this has ever been posted here before, but a friend sent me a link to this video..thought I would post it and see everyone's opion..I agree with the home owner, and I think he used alot of restraint..if it had been me, not sure I would have been as nice, deputy or not to reintroduce her to the edge of my property line
    Last edited by Goldhedge; 04-16-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold Rush For This Useful Post:

Uglytruth (04-16-2012)

3. Post #2

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,822 Posts

Default Re: Becareful in Indiana if you move dirt around!

With the new "right to resist law" you won't be seeing that anymore. Last week Marion County issued the edict that officers serving warrants will wear uniforms and not be in civilian clothes.
    One Shot At Glory
    Driving hard and seeing red
    Destiny calls me
    One night of fire
    One Shot At Glory

4. Post #3

If coffee is gold, I own Fort Knox Nickelless's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DodgebyDave View Post
    With the new "right to resist law" you won't be seeing that anymore. Last week Marion County issued the edict that officers serving warrants will wear uniforms and not be in civilian clothes.
    Smart move on Marion County's part. I hope officers in general use common sense so they don't get shot.

It sounds like the guy who filmed this video knows the law. Good for him.
    Coffee diem: Seize Juan Valdez!

5. Post #4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelless View Post
    Smart move on Marion County's part. I hope officers in general use common sense so they don't get shot.

It sounds like the guy who filmed this video knows the law. Good for him.
    The Health and Hospital Corporation is a municipal corporation authorized by the Indiana General Assembly to exercise legislative powers in addition to its executive agency powers. In other words, the Corporation, by its Board of Trustees, has the power to enact legislation. Further, the Corporation has the power to enforce the provisions of the legislation it enacts. The legislation enacted by the Board of Trustees and currently in force covers three general areas: environmental regulation, communicable disease regulation and corporate and administrative matters.
    I have been a couple of rounds with this crew meself. They ain't that tough. You can use their own stuff against them and they squeal like boiling lobster when you do.
    One Shot At Glory
    Destiny calls me
    One night of fire
    One Shot At Glory

6. Post #5

Thanks

Have you read the wording on that new law? Senate Bill 0001
    2012 Second Regular Session

Latest Information

DIGEST OF SB 1 (Updated March 9, 2012 11:49 pm - DI 106)
    Self defense. Specifies that a person may use reasonable force against any other person in certain circumstances. Provides that a person is justified in using reasonable force against a public servant if the person reasonably believes the force is necessary to: (1) protect the person or a third person from unlawful force; (2) prevent or terminate the public servant's unlawful entry into the person's dwelling; or (3) prevent or terminate the public servant's criminal interference with property lawfully in the person's possession. Specifies that a person is not justified in using force against a public servant if: (1) the person is committing or is escaping after the commission of a crime; (2) the person provokes action by the public servant with intent to injure the public servant; (3) the person has entered into combat with the public servant or is the initial aggressor; or (4) the person reasonably believes the public servant is acting lawfully or is engaged in the lawful execution of the public servant's official duties. Provides that a person is not justified in using deadly force against a public servant whom the person knows or reasonably should know is a public servant unless: (1) the person reasonably believes that the public servant is acting unlawfully or is not engaged in the execution of the public servant's official duties; and (2) the force is reasonably necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person........... It seems to me, the way that new law is written is,if you make a move to say hey you can't do this or that..all bets are off, because now the officer can say he believed you were making a threating move or you were the initial aggressor????

7. Post #6

Thanks

That's a great point GR, the law isn't worded for squat. Lawyers giving other lawyers words to play with.
    One Shot At Glory
    Destiny calls me
    One night of fire
    One Shot At Glory

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DodgebyDave For This Useful Post:

Gold Rush (04-16-2012)

9. Post #7

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DodgebyDave View Post
    That's a great point GR, the law isn't worded for squat. Lawyers giving other lawyers words to play with.
    when I seen Daniels had signed it, I was troubled by his and Owensby comments and decided to take a closer look at the new law.....

"Contrary to some impressions, the bill strengthens the protection of Indiana law enforcement officers by narrowing the situations in which someone would be justified in using force against them," Daniels said in a written statement. But, he added: "What is troubling to law enforcement officers, and to me, is the chance that citizens hearing reports of change will misunderstand what the law says."

"For those who don''t take the time to read the law, it is going to be devastating for someone to think they have a right to resist if they only think an officer is acting illegally," said William Owensby, president of the Indianapolis chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police..

10. Post #8

Thanks
    Thanked 4,923 Times in 3,258 Posts

QWAK,I ran an independent APRASER that works for the county off my property last spring when he wanted to check my cabin for future TAX purposes.

I told him NOT to come back inless he has a paper that stated the LAW that autherised him being here and exactly how the VALUE of the property would be established.

I told him IF he did he MAY get shot in the FOOT as I don't want to kill any one but would be OK with making some one LIMP for a long time!

I did the same thing about 15 years back and the county DOUBELED my TAXES but later lost in court and had to rebate the excess tax $$$ back to me and all the others they tried to STEAM ROLL!

People get SOoooooooooooo full of them selves when given a little authority it is AMASING --- like a BALOON or a PIMPLE that needs POPING!

the DUCK
    "ALL is ONE" What we DO to and FOR others we DO "TO and FOR" our selves ultimitly!

People SELDOM look for TRUTH! What they look for is CONFERMATION that what they have chosen to believe IS TRUTH! This is why people will believe almost ANY THING and also WHY the WORLD is SO MESSED UP!

IT is never realy OVER -- things just CHANGE!

You can QUOTE me on ALL! It IS what I believe to be TRUE!

I AM, the DUCK

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GOLD DUCK For This Useful Post:

Gold Rush (04-16-2012), ralleia (04-16-2012), Uglytruth (04-16-2012)

12. Post #9

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Rush View Post
    when I seen Daniels had signed it, I was troubled by his and Owensby comments and decided to take a closer look at the new law.....

"Contrary to some impressions, the bill strengthens the protection of Indiana law enforcement officers by narrowing the situations in which someone would be justified in using force against them," Daniels said in a written statement. But, he added: "What is troubling to law enforcement officers, and to me, is the chance that citizens hearing reports of change will misunderstand what the law says."

"For those who don''t take the time to read the law, it is going to be devastating for someone to think they have a right to resist if they only think an officer is acting illegally," said William Owensby, president of the Indianapolis chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police..
    Bingo! The media has been more than complicit in spreading disinformation. If I didn't know better I would suspect there was a plan.......

1) The Indiana Supreme court ruled in a pretty cut and dried case that "individuals don't have a right to resist the police under any circumstances, there is avenue for civil recourse under the law" (or some such worded BS as this)

2) The press eats it up and short strokes the message boards

3) Outcry causes the Supreme Court to revisit it's ruling.

4) Guys in suits say harumph a lot and pass a poorly worded law

5) Idiots celebrate rather than research.

IIRC one of the main points behind the hoohaa was "there isn't a legal precedent and we don't know what to do".

A) The original matter. A guy is drunk and gets confronted by a cop, acts like an ass then runs inside and expects some kind of immunity. You pull that crap and you'll lose every time.

B) There is already sufficient legal precedent in the matter of Sanders v Indiana

(Neighbor calls that dog is loose, cop shows up, dog is a punting dog that has already been caught, part of an ongoing neighbor feud, Sanders says that Faber was belligerent, asks cop if he's under arrest, cop says no, Sanders goes in his house, cops break in, Sanders shoots cops and gets shot/beat up. No tasers or pepper spray back then.)

Now then, from that point on the Sanders case gets surreal. much legal maneuvering went on. Again, iirc, in the end the Supreme Court ruled that Sanders was well within his rights.

Regardless, the city settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.

Matt Faber died.

Sanders was shot, beat up, spent right around 5 years in the State Pen at Michigan City before finally getting justice.

http://advanceindiana.blogspot.com/2...d-sanders.html

I smell a smell.
    One Shot At Glory
    Destiny calls me
    One night of fire
    One Shot At Glory

13. Post #10

Thanks

QWAK,Most people can NOT tell the diference between RESPECT and INTIMIDATION -- it works the same for COPS and other GANGS like the HELLS ANGLES! Just diferent kinds of UNIFORMS!

the DUCK
    "ALL is ONE" What we DO to and FOR others we DO "TO and FOR" our selves ultimitly!

People SELDOM look for TRUTH! What they look for is CONFERMATION that what they have chosen to believe IS TRUTH! This is why people will believe almost ANY THING and also WHY the WORLD is SO MESSED UP!

I AM, the DUCK

14. Post #11

Thanks
    Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,244 Posts

Don't know the facts from the video, but I am going to surmize (which gets everyone in trouble I know) but I figure that the guy is putting in waste.sewer drain lines from his trailer and wants to avoid the costs of a functional septic system. Probably wants his crap top flow down hill onto someone else's property. Neighbor or adjacent property owner probably found this out confronted the man and got in a big argument over the issue and ultimately decided to get the county health dept involved. Thus we have this silly you tube video.

The guy is a pansy. Got busted on tape saying he was fearful of a 110 lbs woman with a clip board. Pick your battles wisely cause you just put a target on your forehead.
    To all the alphabet soup guys and gals out there reading this post, HI!!!!

15. Post #12

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford View Post
    Don't know the facts from the video, but I am going to surmize (which gets everyone in trouble I know) but I figure that the guy is putting in waste.sewer drain lines from his trailer and wants to avoid the costs of a functional septic system. Probably wants his crap top flow down hill onto someone else's property. Neighbor or adjacent property owner probably found this out confronted the man and got in a big argument over the issue and ultimately decided to get the county health dept involved. Thus we have this silly you tube video.

The guy is a pansy. Got busted on tape saying he was fearful of a 110 lbs woman with a clip board. Pick your battles wisely cause you just put a target on your forehead.
    QWAK,Rusty Shackelford,If a BEAR can S**T in the woods with out a LICENCE or INSPECTION by the local GOVERNMENT then why do PEOPLE allow them selves to be subjected to just another form of REVENUE INHANSMENT?

Granted IF there were 50 people using his toilet it could (?) posably become a public health issue BUT untill it DOES and there IS a valid cause of action it is just a PISSING CONTEST!

the DUCK

I AM, the DUCK

16. Post #13

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 592 Posts

Make sure you have a fence and a gate!!! No trespassing signs coupled with a gate/fence give you the same protection as your front door.

This was the guys problem!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to techguy2 For This Useful Post:

ralleia (04-16-2012)

18. Post #14

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner
    Thanks

This is why a perimeter needs to be established (fence with locked gate) and a viscous dog would have helped with the enforcement of that perimeter

19. Post #15

Thanks
    Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,244 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD DUCK View Post
    QWAK,Rusty Shackelford,If a BEAR can S**T in the woods with out a LICENCE or INSPECTION by the local GOVERNMENT then why do PEOPLE allow them selves to be subjected to just another form of REVENUE INHANSMENT?

Granted IF there were 50 people using his toilet it could (?) posably become a public health issue BUT untill it DOES and there IS a valid cause of action it is just a PISSING CONTEST!

the DUCK
    on one hand I agree DUCK, but in my example I was referring to transferring his waste/pollution onto someone elses property. Not sure if that was what was actually going on, just pure speculation. but if that is the case, then what about the property rights of the neighbor???
    To all the alphabet soup guys and gals out there reading this post, HI!!!!

20. Post #16

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford View Post
    on one hand I agree DUCK, but in my example I was referring to transferring his waste/pollution onto someone elses property. Not sure if that was what was actually going on, just pure speculation. but if that is the case, then what about the property rights of the neighbor???
    QWAK,Rusty Shackelford,IF and WHEN it happens THEN the neighbor has a cause of action and IF damage has been done he can be heald accountable!

We have too many ruels imposing on us NOW just because some FOOL scewred up so every one else MUST be FORCED to NOT DO what they would NOT have done any way -- I think we call it BUROCRACY!

the DUCK

I AM, the DUCK