Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Mothers forced to sell their children :human toll of Greece's Euro meltdown

1. Post #1

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner
    Thanks

Default Mothers forced to sell their children :human toll of Greece's Euro meltdown

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-meltdown.html

Kasiani’s children were born in a country which has been brought to its knees by crushing debt. This was built up by Greece’s huge profligacy after joining the European Union and then milking the system for everything it could get.

The public sector wage bill doubled in the past decade as perks and fiddles reminiscent of Britain in the union controlled 1970s flourished. Paying taxes became optional for the middle and upper classes and corruption was rife.

Until two years ago, the big fat Greek gravy train carried on racing towards the buffers. Even pastry chefs and hairdressers were listed among the 600 ‘professions’ allowed to retire at 50 (with a state pension of 95 per cent of their final year’s earnings) on account of the ‘arduous and perilous’ nature of their work.
    "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws."
    Mayer Amschel Rothschild
    "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them."
    Ephesians 5:11

2. Post #2

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon Avalon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,968 Times in 1,158 Posts

Default Re: Mothers forced to sell their children :human toll of Greece's Euro meltdown

this must be the new Greece. The same selfishness that infected the rest of the world is now there too. In my parents generation other family members would beg, bowwow, and and cram three families into a small house before they allowed the children to be taken to an orphanage or home.
    If the welfare benefits ever stop here we will be faced with mass abandonment of children too.

3. Post #3

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 817 Posts

Default Re: Mothers forced to sell their children :human toll of Greece's Euro meltdown

Danger, danger, pastry chef Will Robinson. You nearly slipped on that pat of butter.

4. Post #4

Silver Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    this must be the new Greece. The same selfishness that infected the rest of the world is now there too. In my parents generation other family members would beg, bowwow, and and cram three families into a small house before they allowed the children to be taken to an orphanage or home.
    If the welfare benefits ever stop here we will be faced with mass abandonment of children too.
    Sure does show the gutless wonders that inhabit this planet. There is no way in He double hockey sticks that my baby gets taken care of by anybody else unless my wife and I are dead.

5. Post #5

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 683 Posts

The article has me confused: I see a woman who had to put her children into an orphanage. That's bad, but how is that selling them? Because I only know of one reason a child is sold or bought...
    =========

The necessity of oil is the mother of intervention.

6. Post #6

Modal Operator/Moderator Goldhedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,178 Times in 6,579 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Danger, danger, pastry chef Will Robinson. You nearly slipped on that pat of butter.
    knifes are sharp!
    "...a Republic, if you can keep it!" Ben Franklin

Derivatives are contracts whose value is derived from stocks, bonds, loans, currencies and
    commodities, or linked to specific events such as changes in interest rates or the weather.

"Money is the future idea of value." Armstrong

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance." Sun Tzu
    Be the change you want to see in the world. Gandhi