Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Man allegedly robbed of more than $2 million worth of gold outside his apartment

1. Post #1

Thanks

Default Man allegedly robbed of more than $2 million worth of gold outside his apartment

http://news.yahoo.com/video/man-alle...193000694.html

First rule to owning two million dollars worth of gold is buy a house and not live in apartments next to other people.

I never get why other people give indications to how much you own. You're asking to get kidnapped. Same fools think because they own a gun they will get the first shot.

This guy was asking to get robbed. With that much money id employ armed gurads. Perfect example of someone knowing what you have and coming to get it.
    BB code img is not allowed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to needler For This Useful Post:

Ishkabibble (10-24-2012)

3. Post #2

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,907 Times in 1,033 Posts

Default Re: Man allegedly robbed of more than $2 million worth of gold outside his apartment

Read the summary. That was an OPSEC issue. They knew he had the gold. He still would if he'd kept it secret.

Loose lips sink ships.

4. Post #3

Thanks

Default Re: Man allegedly robbed of more than $2 million worth of gold outside his apartment

Quote Originally Posted by Ishkabibble View Post
    Read the summary. That was an OPSEC issue. They knew he had the gold. He still would if he'd kept it secret.

Loose lips sink ships.

That's my point. There are many members on this site and others even youtube etc. They let too many people know what they shouldn't. Saying you had a boat accident and lost it all just makes it worse.

Tell the wrong people you have 50 ounces of gold in your house and they will process that.
    BB code img is not allowed.

5. Post #4

Not just a screen name hammerhead's Avatar
    Thanks

Hard to make stuff like this up. 2.6 mil worth in an apartment. Theive wearing GPS ankle bracelet. $15,000.00 reward for returning 2.6 million dollars worth of the lovely yellow stuff. Wow.

6. Post #5

Deep Sixed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,332 Times in 7,483 Posts

Same thing happened to me. They got it all!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irons For This Useful Post:

hammerhead (10-24-2012), smilershouse (10-25-2012)

8. Post #6

Thanks
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,082 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irons View Post
    Then they threw it in the damn lake, those bassturds.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    "Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants but debt is the money of slaves." Norm Franz, Money and Wealth in the New Millenium

9. Post #7

Not just a screen name hammerhead's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irons View Post
    Same guys too?

Oh damn too bad Joe.

10. Post #8

Gold Member+
    Thanks

One of the interesting challenges to OPSEC is how believable one's position is. I am quite prepped for what may come, but have no PM's. Believe me, this is not by choice. I would rather have some than none, but property is more important in my plan, so that is to be my next acquisition. It leaves me quite vulnerable. Where many here need to address the risks to having PMs, I need to address the risk of not having them. I am in a very compromised position compared to other GIM members. I have nothing to offer in the event of a threat. Were I ever in a position that tapping my PMs made sense, I'd be unable. The only PM I own is a 20 yr old wedding band, lost in the bottom of a packed box... from a marriage that expired 10 years ago. I don't even know which box it is within.

Brings me to a conundrum of questions. If this man had no gold, and was approached by the same robbers who thought he did, would he be living today? Not a comfortable thought.

11. Post #9

Thanks
    Thanked 2,102 Times in 1,024 Posts

All this talk of audits (the Fed, the German central bank, etc...), I decided to complete an audit of my own. $1.25 in junk silver, a 1/10 AGE, and that silver Russian coin I got from stas3000. Not even enough to go boating with, I'd say.
    Gold and Silver aren't the only metals that preserve wealth. I also have a large supply of Brass and Lead.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samwiii For This Useful Post:

Ishkabibble (10-24-2012), Solo (10-24-2012)

13. Post #10

Gold Member+
    Thanks

Comforting to know I'm not alone. Thanks Samwiii

14. Post #11

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 753 Posts

If it was for a business, should of insured it and hired a body guard. Either the body guard stops them or you collect the insurance.

15. Post #12

Gold Member
    Thanks

Just wondering if the lucky individual was a member of GIM2?

16. Post #13

Thanks

Good to know other peeps are stacking.

Perhaps I should start someday.

Long Only Physicals

"Love thy Farmer"