Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: "Wheat Pennies" @ 3-1?

1. Post #1

Getting Acclimated Prospector B2 Stealth's Avatar
    Thanks

Default "Wheat Pennies" @ 3-1?

$1.50 for .50 of average/sorted? http://www.coinstudy.com/lincoln-penny-value.html / Key dates way more.

Here to learn!

Seems I started keeping these a LONG time ago just because... Kind of a cheap way to collect and that's what we could afford. Seems I have a "VDB" but not THE VDB!

B2

Beyond the junk silver, I quit paying attention but sadly just learned about the WWII Nickels... Likely missed a small fortune.

Call me insane, but I dump every bit of change I receive back into some money bags for "mad money" -- Adds up quickly; free coin-sorter @ the bank. Kind of crazy how fast pocket change can add up but I'll now pay a bit more attention!

2. Post #2

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner wiper's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: "Wheat Pennies" @ 3-1?

i have 2 boxes (5,000 total) and probably another $10-$15 worth. 3c isn't an awful price if you're buying in bulk, but obviously don't believe the 'never been searched' nonsense.

i don't really go out of my way to buy them i just toss 'em in the wheat bucket when i'm hand-sorting.
    If you're really a gold bug, you don't trust the system. That's why you're a gold bug.

3. Post #3

Getting Acclimated Prospector B2 Stealth's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: "Wheat Pennies" @ 3-1?

Quote Originally Posted by wiper View Post
    i have 2 boxes (5,000 total) and probably another $10-$15 worth. 3c isn't an awful price if you're buying in bulk, but obviously don't believe the 'never been searched' nonsense.

i don't really go out of my way to buy them i just toss 'em in the wheat bucket when i'm hand-sorting.
    Oh I meant to sell... I had no idea the average wheat was worth 3x by itself and quit culling a few years ago. I probably have about $15 that might have some of the more pricey 1909-1939 range.

Something for the grand-kid to do in a few years.