Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Chris Duane cuts ties with Mulligan Mint

1. Post #1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 655 Posts

Default Chris Duane cuts ties with Mulligan Mint

Wow, what a mess......

http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=29291

I Have Severed ALL Ties With Rob Gray and Mulligan Mint

By Silver Shield, on April 17th, 2013

I originally met Rob Gray through a friend and member who introduced us both related to his testimony before Ron Paul’s subcommittee. Thereafter, we had conversations for several months about silver, etc. and even traveled to Silver Summit together. When I started business dealings with Rob Gray we had a business deal that I would design and promote my Silver Bullet Silver Shield medallions and he and his new Mulligan Mint would produce and fulfill them. Seemed like a very simple straightforward business relationship.

I performed my half of the deal well beyond anyone’s expectations, but there seemed to be constant issues on Rob’s end of the deal, such as complaints about PayPal, credit cards, delays in delivery, shoddy production quality, awful customer service, etc.

Knowing that starting something like this is not easy, I was very patient and did my best to try to support their effort for over 7 months. I tried pumping the breaks with delayed launches, but that was not enough. Then, things started to not add up for me.

Given my concerns, I halted ALL sales March 11th to clear a persistent backlog that grew to an estimated 92,000 ounces or roughly $3 million.

I was given assurances that all orders would be fulfilled by April 8th and we were going to launch on April 15th. I then come to find out the Sales Director, Gus Demos, who was my main contact with the Mint, abruptly quit on April 11th.

I immediately cancelled the Tax Slave Day relaunch of Slave Queen, Freedom Girl and the Redoubt coin. (I did this despite record demand for silver and incredibly low silver prices.)

From that moment on all the pieces started to come together as people started comparing notes about what they knew of Rob.

Why was he constantly try to run so fast when problems need to be corrected?
    Why is he taking several recent vacation trips to Singapore in the midst of all these problems?
    Why did he purchase a new mansion on an airstrip in Plano, Texas?
    Why did the sales director abruptly quit?
    Why were paid retail customers waiting while he sold to dealers behind my back and my strict orders to stop ALL sales.

After many months of broken promises and constant aggravation of taking all of the heat for things I had no control over, I decided to fly to Dallas and confront Rob Gray face-to-face to resolve all open matters between us.

Despite his previous gregarious conversations and his jovial personality, at this meeting a different Rob Gray was present. This one was curt and cold. I sat down and simply and frankly told him I had no interest in continuing a business relationship and simply asked for my dies, the SilverBulletSilverShield.com URL, an accurate customer accounting of what is owed, affiliate commissions, final customer ounces delivered and/or collect all that is owed, and what was owed to me (including 1,500 personal ounces I sent down for minting from bars to my coins).

His response was “what if I just say ‘no’, what are you going to do?” I responded with “That’s not what I was hoping for, but I will be forced to go another route.” Thereafter, I stormed out after only 5 minutes when Rob Gray told me that I would get “nothing“.

Based on all my experience and dealings with Rob as well as the learned experiences of others, I suspect something very nefarious is going on at Mulligan Mint. As a result, I will be talking with customers, employees, affiliates, refiners, retailers and Free Lakota Bank and Mulligan Mint investors and depositors and telling anyone interested anything and everything I know about the situation, Rob Gray, Mulligan Mint, etc. I think if I shine a very bright light on the situation, maybe we can all get the answers.

I will have MUCH more, very soon, after I have a clearer picture, when I have a conference call with the major creditors that I know of.

I will leave all options open after that.

Here is a just the beginning of what I have recently found out when people start talking.

33 Page Report On Rob Gray the Hypnotist, Water Ionizer Salesman that says “Mr. Gray may actually deserve an Oscar nomination for his theatrics in some of the videos that have been posted on this website.”

Free Lakota Bank is not a FDIC Bank…

South Dakota Dept. of Labor warns about unlicensed Free Lakota Bank

And not a bank of the Republic of Lakotah…

The Republic of Lakotah is in NO WAY associated with this new “freelakotabank.” Caveat Emptor!

So who’s bank is it?!

I do not care about my lost time, energy, money, opportunity, reputation, or silver.

I ONLY care about the truth.

Feel free to add your story in the comment section below so that the people that are on the fence can have their Usual Suspects moment.

Regretfully,

Chris Duane

P.S. Just as I was about to post this, I get an email blast from the Mulligan Mint that they are selling The Survival Podcast Ant Shield?!

Somebody better let Jack know what is going on before his good name and customers get caught in this growing mess.
    Your government sees you as a milk cow. If things get tough for them, they will treat you like a beef cow. - Doug Casey

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to birddog For This Useful Post:

andial (04-18-2013), bully the fed. (04-18-2013), fasTTcar (04-18-2013), howellzin (04-18-2013), newmisty (04-18-2013), plata_oro (04-20-2013)

3. Post #2

Thanks

Default Re: Chris Duane cuts ties with Mulligan Mint

In the comments you see that he didn't have anything in writing.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...........
    Your government sees you as a milk cow. If things get tough for them, they will treat you like a beef cow. - Doug Casey

4. Post #3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    In the comments you see that he didn't have anything in writing.
    He got greedy. His eyes only saw $$ $$.

5. Post #4

Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,026 Posts

QWAK,This is just the TIP of the "S**T BURG" and there are lots and lots of "S**T BURGS" out there floating around in the CESSPOOL FIAT/FRACTIONAL BANKING OCEAN we are all floating in!

The tide going out is EXPOSING them BUT the TIDAL WAVE of FIAT coming back in is what will DROUND and KILL most people both economicly and very posably if not likely STARVING countless millions to death!

the DUCK
    "ALL is ONE" What we DO to and FOR others we DO "TO and FOR" our selves ultimitly!

People SELDOM look for TRUTH! What they look for is CONFERMATION that what they have chosen to believe IS TRUTH! This is why people will believe almost ANY THING and also WHY the WORLD is SO MESSED UP!

IT is never realy OVER -- things just CHANGE!

You can QUOTE me on ALL! It IS what I believe to be TRUE!

I AM, the DUCK

6. Post #5

Thanks
    Thanked 6,478 Times in 3,138 Posts

Do you need to build yourself a Bitcoin boat to navigate those sh!tberg waters...
    Truthfulness - Benevolence - Forbearance

7. The Following User Says Thank You to newmisty For This Useful Post:

Tinbox (04-18-2013)

8. Post #6

Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 874 Posts

I wonder how this will affect Provident? They had a lot of there 1 oz rounds, and have pulled them. If they didnt have the stock in hand, it could be a problem.
    Note to self, stay the hell out of "General Discussions"

9. Post #7

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by newmisty View Post
    Do you need to build yourself a Bitcoin boat to navigate those sh!tberg waters...
    QWAK,newmisty,NOT ME I can smell a "S**T BERG" from a 1000+ miles off so I avoid them and I would NOT have a bitcoin boat if you gave it to me free -- they SINK with no aparent reason and mostly you got to pretend the boat exists because it don't displace CESSPOOL water --- it is made from CESSPOOL AIR by computers!

You SOooooooooooooo FUN.

the DUCK
    "ALL is ONE" What we DO to and FOR others we DO "TO and FOR" our selves ultimitly!

People SELDOM look for TRUTH! What they look for is CONFERMATION that what they have chosen to believe IS TRUTH! This is why people will believe almost ANY THING and also WHY the WORLD is SO MESSED UP!

I AM, the DUCK

10. Post #8

Thanks

Comon Duck, we are SO on to something....BitBoats! Instead of mining for them you virtually build them from your cyber garage...using recycled pixels of wood of course.

11. Post #9

Thanks

Comon Duck, we are SO on to something....BitBoats! Instead of mining for them you virtually build them from your cyber garage...using recycled pixels of wood of course.
    QWAK,newmisty,In this "bitcartoon" does the "Road Runner" become a "RIVER RUNNER" that runs over the surface of the water and not even get his feet wet?

the DUCK

I AM, the DUCK

12. Post #10

Thanks

More updates.......

Update 1: The first lie I have heard today is that Rob refused to give me my dies, because I was working with Gus to start our own mint.

I want the dies because…
    1.hThey are mine. I am the designer and copyright holder of them.
    2. I want to secure them from being used to diminish the value of all of the SBSS coins on the market by continuing to produce them beyond my approval or control.
    3.I don’t need to own a mint. There are far more respectable, well oiled operations which OH BY THE WAY are much cheaper (33% cheaper) and have much better quality and turn around times.
    4.I want to work with a few mints so I am never in this position again.
    5.I want to relaunch fairly quickly. I have waste far too much time and I will not wait for months to start some other capital and labor intensive business, especially before a dollar collapse.
    6.What mint in the world tells their customer that they will get “nothing”?!
    7.I will never use these designs ever again. (Which will increase the value of these coins, but not if the dies are not secured.)

So now with that out on the table, I want Rob Gray to turn over the dies that are not being used to fulfill customer order and just so we are really clear I would love it if they just took a HAMMER to it to damage it enough so that I cannot use it, but I can still see what it is.

I have a die count and wait for Rob’s response to this one.

I am sure that thousands of SBSS investors are going to be VERY INTERESTED in the outcome of this particular issue.

Update 2: I was told that Rob had a meeting with the whole staff after I blew out of there and that he said he would give me my 1,500 ounces. I would love to know when and where I can get it, Rob. I would think this would be very easy for you to do since that is provable theft in my opinion.

13. Post #11

Thanks

Have you read the comments he posts on his site. Dude points the blame to everyone else but himself and says some BS about "I only want the truth" or w/e . HAHAHAHA fail

Shouldn't affect provident yet since the mint still has the Dies.

14. Post #12

Thanks
    Thanked 3,400 Times in 1,579 Posts

Wow, I'm not familiar with Chris Duane but I am really bummed to hear this about Rob Gray.
    "I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul, Texas Straight Talk - February 16, 2008

15. Post #13

Thanks
    Thanked 3,887 Times in 1,946 Posts

What moron does business at this level without a contract?

Usually a newly poor moron.
    Serfs Up! ˙ɹǝʌo ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gringott For This Useful Post:

TiKi (04-18-2013)

17. Post #14

Bain of the Authoritarian Follower Shortstack's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Wow, what a mess......

http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=29291

By Silver Shield, on April 17th, 2013

Then, things started to not add up for me.

Given my concerns, I halted ALL sales March 11th to clear a persistent backlog that grew to an estimated 92,000 ounces or roughly $3 million.

I was given assurances that all orders would be fulfilled by April 8th and we were going to launch on April 15th. I then come to find out the Sales Director, Gus Demos, who was my main contact with the Mint, abruptly quit on April 11th.
    92k Oz or roughly 3mm dollars in backlogged orders. From what I see from his sight, you pay money first and then get coins later, which is fine if you are dealing with APMEX or Tulving. But did Duane's company collect the cash from customers but fail to deliver? Could it be someone is going to jail here?

And who was the moron here who told me that he would rather buy Duane's products than "overpriced US mint products like American Silver Eagles"???
    Grover Norquist (and his brother from the same mother, Dick Morris) is a son of a wh_ore

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Shortstack For This Useful Post:

Gcubed (04-18-2013)

19. Post #15

Thanks

I will say when I first saw the coins they were offering I went to the website, this is before Provident was offering them.

I saw an amatuerish website with relativly high prices, long wait times for delivery, and a teenager-type design & mottos.

The "slave girl" for example was the same kind of crap fellow students used to draw in their notebooks during social studies back in the day, with the addition of the tacky arm tat.

I wouldn't call it "art".

I took a pass, but obviously many did not. I hope the bagholders do get something back. These scammers hurt the whole market IMHO.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gringott For This Useful Post:

Shortstack (04-21-2013), WhyKnow (04-19-2013)

21. Post #16

Thanks

The saga continues.....

Update 3: I have completed my research and will be moving on many fronts to protect those that are involved in this mess.

I have gotten word that the new date they are stringing people along with April 26th. Snap out of denial and stop hearing what you want to hear. April 8th was the drop dead date... then the 15th... get a refund or a tracking number! If you bought by credit card...

What they probably did not tell you is that their caster is down and blanks are pretty hard to come by right now. It sure does look like they are trying to get this stuff out and when you tell a guy like me that I am getting "nothing" that frees up (in Rob's mind) some time and capital. I know he has bought time with some others that want to believe, but the fact is the circle is getting tighter as people start talking and wising up.

I have also heard complaints about the Free Lakota Bank is not returning calls. Shocker.... I will be releasing more on the truth about Free Lakota Bank later. I already suspect that I am going to get "nothing" also.

I am posting some helpful links and phone numbers and suggest you do your own due diligence.
    1.Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott
    2.The Federal Trade Commission hotline 877-382-4357
    3.South Dakota Attorney General 605-773-3215
    4.You can also contact your local State Attorney General

While everyone else is left hanging, life goes on for them... Last night dinner for the staff and then off to the Dallas Mavericks game. And you can check out Rob Gray's Facebook page of a very cute picture of Rob with two men that will never speak to him again....

Silver Shield Group LLC.

PO Box 1303
    Brunswick, OH
    US

22. Post #17

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon Avalon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,960 Times in 1,157 Posts

It looks like Chris got in over his head on this one. I know him to be a sincere man who always had a passion for making people aware of our waning civil liberties and preached protecting ones assets with precious metals. If greed and money was Chris's motive he would not have walked away from a lucrative lifestyle and family money so he could live by his own moral code. I imagine he is quite upset over this. I hope it gets straightened out soon.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avalon For This Useful Post:

birddog (04-20-2013), newmisty (04-20-2013)

24. Post #18

Thanks

Avalon, could you share how you know him? Was he a GIMer?

25. Post #19

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon Avalon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,960 Times in 1,157 Posts

Avalon, could you share how you know him? Was he a GIMer?
    Yes, he was a Gimmer. He was very active on GIM1. We used to pm on occasion. I watched him evolve over the years. When he started on GIM 1 he still lived in Jersey. His family was moneyed but he took stock of his life and left the area and moved to Ohio. Partly because he truly believed in SHTF and partly because he didn’t agree with his families moral structure and wanted a fresh start for his own family. When he started the Sons of Liberty he asked a handful of us to help but it was way too intense for me. I believe Twisted Avatar did join him there at the time..Still he founded Sons of Liberty with sincere and true passion and the amount of work he put in was tremendous. I don’t always agree with Chris but I do believe him to be 100% sincere in his cause. I consider Chris a light barer and revolutionary in his own right and adversity like this attacks these type people. I hope it works out.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Avalon For This Useful Post:

birddog (04-20-2013), newmisty (04-20-2013), sandblaster (04-21-2013), stonedywankanobe (04-20-2013)

27. Post #20

Thanks

I just read that letter from the tp mint or whatever and still see the truth somewhere in the middle Again, just glad to have gotten my $400 worth of coins!

28. Post #21

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Yes, he was a Gimmer. He was very active on GIM1. We used to pm on occasion. I watched him evolve over the years. When he started on GIM 1 he still lived in Jersey. His family was moneyed but he took stock of his life and left the area and moved to Ohio. Partly because he truly believed in SHTF and partly because he didn’t agree with his families moral structure and wanted a fresh start for his own family. When he started the Sons of Liberty he asked a handful of us to help but it was way too intense for me. I believe Twisted Avatar did join him there at the time..Still he founded Sons of Liberty with sincere and true passion and the amount of work he put in was tremendous. I don’t always agree with Chris but I do believe him to be 100% sincere in his cause. I consider Chris a light barer and revolutionary in his own right and adversity like this attacks these type people. I hope it works out.
    Thank you for the history - I've watched all of his videos and he seems like a very sincere person that truly believes what he says. We have bought some of his last 3 coins, really like the Trivium coins since my son attends a classical Christian school. I will buy more of his coins when he gets things straightened.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to birddog For This Useful Post:

Avalon (04-20-2013)

30. Post #22

Bain of the Authoritarian Follower Shortstack's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gringott View Post
    I will say when I first saw the coins they were offering I went to the website, this is before Provident was offering them.

I saw an amatuerish website with relativly high prices, long wait times for delivery, and a teenager-type design & mottos.

The "slave girl" for example was the same kind of crap fellow students used to draw in their notebooks during social studies back in the day, with the addition of the tacky arm tat.

I wouldn't call it "art".

I took a pass, but obviously many did not. I hope the bagholders do get something back. These scammers hurt the whole market IMHO.
    I would not call the coins art either. But I would say Duanes level of salesmanship is outstanding. Funny, he left NJ because he did not want to join the family business (which he claims is a highly successful string of car dealerships). It could be there was some family infighting, and because Duane could not participate in the family business on his terms, he left. But it does not surprise me that Duane stayed in sales.

I found his "breakout article" and "sons of liberty academy" to be nothing more than a giant exercise in scraping the Internet for content.
    But duanes packaging and salesmanship did and still does facinate me. I picture a very young Duane spending weekends at his parents dealerships, spending time with car salesman and unconsciously picking up their sales techniques at a very young age. That he seems to have a natural sales ability meant that he matured and grew into the salesman he is now. I say all this because I am not hearing complaints from the people who paid for product but have received nothing yet.
    The bagholders complete lack of anger and seeming acceptance of Duanes story shows you how effective a highly skilled salesman from the East Coast can be on hinterlanders and naives from the rest of the nation, and here as well
    Grover Norquist (and his brother from the same mother, Dick Morris) is a son of a wh_ore

31. Post #23

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstack View Post
    I would not call the coins art either. But I would say Duanes level of salesmanship is outstanding. Funny, he left NJ because he did not want to join the family business (which he claims is a highly successful string of car dealerships). It could be there was some family infighting, and because Duane could not participate in the family business on his terms, he left. But it does not surprise me that Duane stayed in sales.

I found his "breakout article" and "sons of liberty academy" to be nothing more than a giant exercise in scraping the Internet for content.
    But duanes packaging and salesmanship did and still does facinate me. I picture a very young Duane spending weekends at his parents dealerships, spending time with car salesman and unconsciously picking up their sales techniques at a very young age. That he seems to have a natural sales ability meant that he matured and grew into the salesman he is now. I say all this because I am not hearing complaints from the people who paid for product but have received nothing yet.
    The bagholders complete lack of anger and seeming acceptance of Duanes story shows you how effective a highly skilled salesman from the East Coast can be on hinterlanders and naives from the rest of the nation, and here as well
    Is not having contracts with your suppliers etc SOP for East Coast automobile salesmen? Just wondering. He was unable to sell me any coins and I buy lots of crap.

32. Post #24

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner Starter's Avatar
    Thanks

I just found this link on Chris Duane, although it has been released several weeks ago:

“Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles.”
    ― Harry S. Truman

33. Post #25

Getting Acclimated Prospector ocsdor's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there anything wrong with the Mulligan Mint coins themselves (i.e. not really silver) ?

34. Post #26

Found a silver nugget Prospector Nero's Avatar
    Thanks

The coins are Silver just like they were advertised.

http://sgtreport.com/2013/07/the-mulligan-mint-is-dead/

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nero For This Useful Post:

ocsdor (07-19-2013)

36. Post #27

Thanks

Latest from Duane....

37. The Following User Says Thank You to birddog For This Useful Post:

newmisty (07-19-2013)

38. Post #28

Thanks

Found this email in my spam folder this AM:

The untold Silver Bullet Silver Shield Story.

In September 2012, Rob Gray of the American Open Currency Standard and Chris Duane of youtube noteworthiness teamed up to launch the Silver Bullet Silver Shield line of silver & copper medallions. Within days, it made headlines across the silver stacking community.

But less than a year after inception, it all fell apart.

One man tried [and continues to try] his very best to destroy the other man, and all he has worked to create in the last five years. The other man stayed quiet. Until today.

If you care to know what transpired over the last year that was the Silver Bullet Silver Shield adventure, check out the video below.

The original SBSS is closed, and the team that helped launch it has moved on to create new and exciting products for new and exciting markets, specifically tenth ounce silver paraDIMES to be used as community and tribal currencies, true to the original AOCS mission. It feels great to be back on track.

If you want to continue supporting Chris Duane and his silver coin adventures, you can do so here.

If you'd like to support the Mulligan Mint and pickup a few rolls of tenth ounce silver paraDIMES, you can do so here.

And with that, we say goodbye to the many Silver Bullet & Silver Shield customers. We promise not to call, write or email any more. If anyone sends a message to you, it wasn't us. Keep an eye out for the trolls that have stolen your email address and spam you.

See you in the marketplace,

SBSS Service