Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: QWAK,BITCOIN mountain LEVELED!

1. Post #1

Thanks
    Thanked 5,156 Times in 3,397 Posts

Default QWAK,BITCOIN mountain LEVELED!

QWAK,The bitcoin mountan has been LEVELED no explocives were used BUT the S**T is still flying and RAIN GEAR would be a very good idea!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20388...gulations.html

The seizure of funds of the largest bitcoin exchange, Mt. Gox, was triggered by an alleged failure of the company to comply with U.S. financial regulations, according to a federal court document.

The U.S. District Court in Maryland on Tuesday ordered the seizure of Mt. Gox's funds, which were in an account with Dwolla, a payments company that transferred money from U.S. citizens to Mt. Gox for buying and selling the virtual currency bitcoin.

A copy of the seizure order --

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...la-warrant-idg...

the DUCK
    "ALL is ONE" What we DO to and FOR others we DO "TO and FOR" our selves ultimitly!

People SELDOM look for TRUTH! What they look for is CONFERMATION that what they have chosen to believe IS TRUTH! This is why people will believe almost ANY THING and also WHY the WORLD is SO MESSED UP!

IT is never realy OVER -- things just CHANGE!

You can QUOTE me on ALL! It IS what I believe to be TRUE!

I AM, the DUCK

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GOLD DUCK For This Useful Post:

EO 11110 (05-16-2013), Malus (05-16-2013)

3. Post #2

YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,040 Posts

Default Re: QWAK,BITCOIN mountain LEVELED!

And yet the price is still over a $100, Guess its not leveled after all

4. Post #3

Thanks
    Thanked 3,087 Times in 1,040 Posts

You don't tug on Superman's cape...

US Government Begins BitCoin Crackdown

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...coin-crackdown
    GOLD=FREEDOM!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FoundingFathers For This Useful Post:

GOLD DUCK (05-16-2013)

6. Post #4

Thanks

QWAK,If it walks like a BANK and talks like a BANK -- even in CIBER SPACE --- or your mothers basement --- it's a BANK you MORONS!!!

And NO they aint gona let you keep the $$$$!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The warrant alleges that Mt. Gox failed to register as a "money transmitting business" in accordance with 18 U.S. Code 1960. Violators can be fined and sentenced up to five years in prison.

The warrant states that Mt. Gox owner Mark Karpeles answered negatively on a questionnaire when asked if its U.S. branch, called Mutum Sigillum LLC, exchanged currency or transmitted funds based on instructions to customers. Mt. Gox did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The questionnaire was supplied by Wells Fargo when Mutum Sigillum opened an account with the bank on May 20, 2011, according to the warrant. Companies that transmit money are required to register with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Networks (FinCEN), part of the U.S. Treasury Department.

How bitcoin exchanges fall under U.S. federal and state law had been somewhat in question. But in March, FinCEN issued guidance specific to virtual currencies, stating that exchanges are required to register but users are exempt.

It remained unclear how that evolution in the way virtual currencies are viewed under the law would affect legal action against Mt. Gox. The ICE spokeswoman said its Homeland Security Investigations branch in Baltimore was continuing its investigation and that the agency could not comment further.

Dwolla is payment services provider based in Des Moines, Iowa, which lets people send money for very low fees. Mt. Gox received funds from people interested in buying bitcoin into its Dwolla account. Mt. Gox then used Wells Fargo to transfer money to Sumitomo Mitsui Bank in Japan, according to the warrant. Dwolla is not mentioned as a target of the investigation.

An ICE informant created an account with both Dwolla and Mt. Gox, buying bitcoins and then exchanging them to U.S. dollars for deposit into a Dwolla account.

"The demonstrates that Mutum Sigillum LLC is engaged in a money transmitting business but is not registered as required with FinCEN," the warrant states.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking th IRS has a lot of new agents with nothing to do since TEA PARTY types are now off limits! bitcoin people may need to change there names and addresses.

the DUCK
    "ALL is ONE" What we DO to and FOR others we DO "TO and FOR" our selves ultimitly!

People SELDOM look for TRUTH! What they look for is CONFERMATION that what they have chosen to believe IS TRUTH! This is why people will believe almost ANY THING and also WHY the WORLD is SO MESSED UP!

I AM, the DUCK

7. Post #5

Thanks

http://youtu.be/geHLdg_VNww?t=68s

bitcoin people may need to change there names and addresses.
    My hard drive failed and I lost everything. It was truly a tragic day.

8. Post #6

You have no soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
    Thanks

This is reminiscent of another historical occurrence. Before Google existed there was DoubleClick. DoubleClick was the preliminary version of Google. (denoting an action or event preceding or done in preparation for something fuller or more important) It was, in affect, Google's pilot program. They both had at least one common pioneer.

Whatever happened to DoubleClick will probably happen to Bitcoin. Think of it as 'using the system' to perfect your business model. Ditch your previous name and failings, then restart and reinvent with a profitable, sound, and legal business model.

Think about it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ag lining For This Useful Post:

fasTTcar (05-16-2013)

10. Post #7

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 3,030 Posts

if anyone is interested, i have a shoebox full of ms-70 bitcoins for sale
    The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. - Patrick Henry

Bad men cannot make good citizens. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience are incompatible with freedom. - Patrick Henry

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home. - James Madison

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EO 11110 For This Useful Post:

arminius (05-16-2013), gringott (06-03-2013), Unca Walt (05-17-2013)

12. Post #8

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner
    Thanks

Default Re: QWAK,BIT COIN mountain LEVELED!

Why are people surprised at this turn of events.It was stupid to think the Government was going to let you get away with a scheme to circumvent the Governments franchise to produce money.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to B00B001000 For This Useful Post:

FoundingFathers (05-16-2013), Malus (05-16-2013), obilly (05-17-2013), Unca Walt (05-17-2013)

14. Post #9

Thanks
    Thanked 4,520 Times in 1,951 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbox View Post
    And yet the price is still over a $100, Guess its not leveled after all
    Are you WITH "stupid" or suffering from it?

You have not the slightest qualm that it will all...

...evaporate into gummint control?

No?

Then WHO is with "stupid"???

15. Post #10

Thanks
    Thanked 10,659 Times in 4,158 Posts

Companies that transmit money are required to register with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Networks (FinCEN), part of the U.S. Treasury Department.
    so are they admitting it is alternative money or what???

and yes FF, superman no likey

we have oft talked about at some point in time, the broke pauper would decide, and all else wouldn't matter

legal or not is of no consequence to these people,

laws are for the little people,

16. Post #11

YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE, GOOD DAY SIR!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unca Walt View Post

No?

I've yet to hear a cognizant explanation of how the government can take control of bitcoin. It's about the equivalent to worrying that the government will confiscate and make illegal the possession of precious metals.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinbox For This Useful Post:

TimoneX (06-03-2013)

18. Post #12

You have no soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbox View Post
    I've yet to hear a cognizant explanation of how the government can take control of bitcoin. It's about the equivalent to worrying that the government will confiscate and make illegal the possession of precious metals.
    When DoubleClick was confronted by the Gubermint back in its day, the same questions arose in my mind and the mind of many about how Doubleclick's technology could be very beneficial to a monitoring entity. Doubleclick privacy infringing software looked like it couldn't possibly survive under the lens of the Gubermint.

Doubleclick was in affect reborn as Google. And what happened to the parts of its software that it shed when it became Google? Did they go to the Gubermint?

Conspiracy theorists are kooks!

19. Post #13

Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 Times in 872 Posts

The anti-Bitcoin lobby here was whining and crying when DC appeared to ignore Bitcoins, saying that if the Federal mobsters were ignoring it then it was obviously a seed planted to create a one world digital currency. Now that Washington thugs seem to be attacking Bitcoin exchanges in foreign countries, Bitcoin is bad because it's under attack.

20. Post #14

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 522 Posts

I predict a both wise and prophetic post from GD any moment.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stonedywankanobe For This Useful Post:

GOLD DUCK (06-03-2013), Hope+Change (06-04-2013)

22. Post #15

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimoneX View Post
    The anti-Bitcoin lobby here was whining and crying when DC appeared to ignore Bitcoins, saying that if the Federal mobsters were ignoring it then it was obviously a seed planted to create a one world digital currency. Now that Washington thugs seem to be attacking Bitcoin exchanges in foreign countries, Bitcoin is bad because it's under attack.
    QWAK,TimoneX,NO!!! Bitcoin was and is a HOAX SCAM --- your convaluted distorted perception is that bitcoin was untouchable and a great way to both get around government rules and regulations and get rich fast.

BTW: It's not a lobby it's more like a HOBBY

the DUCK
    Last edited by GOLD DUCK; 06-03-2013 at 06:11 PM.

I AM, the DUCK

23. Post #16

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stonedywankanobe View Post
    I predict a both wise and prophetic post from GD any moment.
    QWAK,stonedywankanobe,"wise and prophetic" is a matter of perspective BUT the exchange of bitcoin for $$$ or any other currency with out first being LICENCED and REGISTERED can be expected to result in doing some JAIL time and paying some FINES!

Computers solving problems can not be MONEY even very complicated problems!

the DUCK

I AM, the DUCK

24. The Following User Says Thank You to GOLD DUCK For This Useful Post:

stonedywankanobe (06-03-2013)

25. Post #17

Thanks
    Thanked 4,553 Times in 2,535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unca Walt View Post

No?

The thing is that the bitcoins are still out there. It is a little like assuming that shutting down the NYSE makes the dollars in your pocket worth nothing, not so. All this will likely do is drive the exchanges out of US jurisdiction. Not a good development for Bitcoin heads, and I would guess that most governments will react the same way. What will be interesting to see is if this can develop into something outside of government control, the potential is there if they are smart enough, it is already a very distributed system.
    Technical Analysis is a part of a market doctrine that accepts a high level of failure and incorporates loss prevention and risk control strategies to deal with that reality. If you do not understand what those strategies are, how to implement them and the probability of success involved in any given technical analysis setup THEN you should not treat the information given as any basis for decision making.

Caveat Emptor.

Cheers
    Z

26. Post #18

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD DUCK View Post
    Computers solving problems can not be MONEY even very complicated problems!
    I am not so sure, once upon a time paper and printing presses where the 'bitcoin' of the day. People would have said that an all paper system is not money, yet what do we have.... for all its faults, and bitcoin actually addresses some of the faults.

I'd not be so quick to write this idea off.

I am watching, all be it from a distance, with interest.
    Technical Analysis is a part of a market doctrine that accepts a high level of failure and incorporates loss prevention and risk control strategies to deal with that reality. If you do not understand what those strategies are, how to implement them and the probability of success involved in any given technical analysis setup THEN you should not treat the information given as any basis for decision making.

Caveat Emptor.

Cheers
    Z

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zed For This Useful Post:

stonedywankanobe (06-03-2013), TimoneX (06-04-2013)

28. Post #19

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 779 Posts

Seeing as how one of the major pros of using bitcoins was to illegally buy and sell drugs and weapons and hide the sales from the government, I think it was pretty obvious the government would do something about it eventually.

29. Post #20

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    I am not so sure, once upon a time paper and printing presses where the 'bitcoin' of the day. People would have said that an all paper system is not money, yet what do we have.... for all its faults, and bitcoin actually addresses some of the faults.

I'd not be so quick to write this idea off.

I am watching, all be it from a distance, with interest.
    QWAK,Zed,There is no dbout in my mind that TPTB will come out with somthing much like bitcoin as the GLOBAL CURENCY once the FIAT curencies all implode BUT the point is --- the MONSTER wants its cut of EVERY transaction and the power to decide who can use it and ware and on what!

Bitcoin and all the other digital curencies primary apeal is that it operates out side government controll and regulation and as long as there are independent governments it will only be tolerated or ignored until it is worth the effort to stop it.

It started out as a way around online gambeling regulations and like small local poker games or crap games not a concern BUT once big enough to be worth the effort IRS agents with guns will show up --- that you can count on!

the DUCK

I AM, the DUCK

30. Post #21

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
    Seeing as how one of the major pros of using bitcoins was to illegally buy and sell drugs and weapons and hide the sales from the government, I think it was pretty obvious the government would do something about it eventually.
    Sweet. Now if they could just figure out a way to stop those pesky cash buyers. NM they're getting around to making that illegal too.

Does anyone really believe that if/when Bitcoins & cash are gone that it'll even make a dent in the "illegal" drug and weapons markets? Really?

31. Post #22

Thanks

QWAK,Zed,There is no dbout in my mind that TPTB will come out with somthing much like bitcoin as the GLOBAL CURENCY once the FIAT curencies all implode BUT the point is --- the MONSTER wants its cut of EVERY transaction and the power to decide who can use it and ware and on what!

Bitcoin and all the other digital curencies primary apeal is that it operates out side government controll and regulation and as long as there are independent governments it will only be tolerated or ignored until it is worth the effort to stop it.

It started out as a way around online gambeling regulations and like small local poker games or crap games not a concern BUT once big enough to be worth the effort IRS agents with guns will show up --- that you can count on!

the DUCK
    We virtually have bitcoins now... kinda... most of it is in a puter somewhere, the only difference is that we currently have no crypto algorithm limiting supply. Do you think that the gubmint are going to opt for limits? I don't... 2c

Caveat Emptor.

Cheers
    Z

32. Post #23

Thanks

Sweet. Now if they could just figure out a way to stop those pesky cash buyers. NM they're getting around to making that illegal too.

Does anyone really believe that if/when Bitcoins & cash are gone that it'll even make a dent in the "illegal" drug and weapons markets? Really?
    If the DEA had to use bitcoin it would be all too traceable! They much prefer cashola!

Caveat Emptor.

Cheers
    Z

33. Post #24

Thanks

Nothing to see here folks, just business as usual for the federal regime.

http://www.wm-center.com/index.html
    http://www.ecardone.com/index.html

Wm-center.com, e-naira.com, ecardone.com, ebuygold.com, getemoney.com, epaymonster.com, instantgoldng.com, jtgold.com, goldnairaexchange.com, superchange.ru, webmoney.co.nz, m-gold.com, goldmediator.com, absolutexchange.eu, mewahgold.com, centregold.ca, electrumz.com, tukarduid.com, entelnova.com, tacoauthorized.com, intexchange.com, ukrnetmoney.com, wmirk.com, nigeriagoldexchanger.com, edealspot.com, duyduychanger.com, magnetic-exchange.com, moneyexchange.vn, abc-ex.net, mi-billetera.com, nicciexchange.com, exhere.com, alertexchanger.com, velaexchange.com, goldexpay.com

All down. Now dontcha feel a whole lot safer?

34. Post #25

Thanks
    Last edited by Hope+Change; 06-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.

35. Post #26

Thanks

Everything fine on my end as well, but I didn't use any of the closed down sites.

BTW OP, Bitcoin is trading at $120.20 as I type this and was $14 in January so perhaps a little research and an appropriate thread title are in order? I know maths is hard, but that's a paltry 757% gain in 5 months.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to TimoneX For This Useful Post:

LarsonLarsen (06-06-2013)

37. Post #27

Thanks

Everything fine on my end as well, but I didn't use any of the closed down sites.

BTW OP, Bitcoin is trading at $120.20 as I type this and was $14 in January so perhaps a little research and an appropriate thread title are in order? I know maths is hard, but that's a paltry 757% gain in 5 months.
    QWAK,TimoneX,"perhaps a little research and an appropriate thread title are in order? " --- Yes posably --- Be carfull NSA is watching and recording every key stroke when ever you use bitcoin and the IRS is watching TOO and will have 2000 new agents who want YOU and to TAX your bitcoin income and would like to know (?) ware it came from!

Perhaps the IRS will let you take the 5th or accept the answer "no one told me" and "That was some one elses job"

the DUCK

I AM, the DUCK

38. Post #28

Thanks

Duck, you continue to post really stupid comments that show you know nothing about Bitcoin. Bitcoin is untraceable. It can be used with Tor. Or you can drive down to Starbucks and use the anonymous Wifi there.

This is a very bad situation as the govt simply cannot shut it down. Since it is really just a sophisticated ledger there is no way to "hack" it or make it go away without taking the entire Internet down forever. Everyone knew they would try to go after the exchangers at some point. Do you know why? Because they can't shut Bitcoin down!

39. Post #29

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 00nightstorm View Post
    Duck, you continue to post really stupid comments that show you know nothing about Bitcoin. Bitcoin is untraceable. It can be used with Tor. Or you can drive down to Starbucks and use the anonymous Wifi there.

This is a very bad situation as the govt simply cannot shut it down. Since it is really just a sophisticated ledger there is no way to "hack" it or make it go away without taking the entire Internet down forever. Everyone knew they would try to go after the exchangers at some point. Do you know why? Because they can't shut Bitcoin down!
    QWAK,00nightstorm,You are the FOOL -- they don't have to shut it down or hack it -- just make it hard to use it and punish the users who do!

The NSA knows more about YOU than you DO and can come for you any time they want to!

They can data mine track you --- watch you from space and DRONE you A$$ if they decide they want to do that and it is LEGAL under the PTRIOT ACT!

Your IGNORENCE may seem like bliss but mostly it just stupid.

00nightstorm I was hunting and KILLING people with computers back in 72 --- likely befor you were born and for certen befor you ever knew what a computer was or even existed or could do!

SKY NET goes on line very soon -- good luck hiding from it!

the DUCK
    Last edited by GOLD DUCK; 06-06-2013 at 09:14 PM.

I AM, the DUCK

40. Post #30

Thanks

I would love to hear how you were killing people with computers in 1972.

41. Post #31

Thanks

By the way, they can make gold hard to use and punish those who use it also.

42. Post #32

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 00nightstorm View Post
    I would love to hear how you were killing people with computers in 1972.
    QWAK,00nightstorm,Seeing as it is no longer clasified top secret I will tell you how I killed people with computers in 72 -- the young are SOooooooooooooooooooo foolish --- if they knew even a small fraction of what they think they know they would speak less and listen much more!

Back in 72 the weather radar you now watch on TV was a top secret weapon --- dopolar radar links a computer to a radar and wile crude by curent standards ,it made it posable to see in total darkness and pick out people on the ground even in the jungle walking around and drop a 105 round on them 12 clicks out and with in one meter of them!

Back then they called me WARLOCK and I brought HELL FIRE down with no worning --- sort of extreamly long range sniping but on a much biger scale given the calaber of the weapons.

Today the dopolar radar can show on what street it is raining and to you it is just somthing you assume was always around because you are YOUNG and FOOLISH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs

The NSA data mining center that will soon be on line in UTAH is just one facit of the BEAST MACHEAN that is already prowing around -- you can't see it but IT sees YOU!

FYI:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44W0svJxCq8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_lW6aMJ3Ys

the DUCK
    Last edited by GOLD DUCK; 06-07-2013 at 09:58 PM.

I AM, the DUCK

43. Post #33

Thanks

QWAK,The mountain continues to RUMBLE!

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise.../mt-gox-stops/

Just posably it is not a mountain but rather a VOLCANO?? HUMmmmmmmmmm

the DUCK

I AM, the DUCK

44. Post #34

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 841 Posts

That "volcano" you're quacking about is flatter than Audrey Hepburn's bikini top. Especially compared to the disturbance three months earlier:

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgo...zm1g10zm2g25zv

The big wave was caused when one Bitcoin exchange failed to anticipate demand. The Duck's recent non-event is what didn't happen because that same exchange DID forsee and adapt.

Big deal.

45. Post #35

Thanks

QWAK,anotherdave,With virtualy unlimited computer capacity and perhaps (?) speed that is a magnatude beyond the bests known ---- bitcoin could and likely is conected to the same dark ones runing NSA and watching and recording every word and key stroke.

Some SUPER VOLCANOES are called calderas and when they bust loose the whole world goes dark and cold and almost every thing dies.

If the Yellow Stone Caldera goes active the survivors may be back to using sea shells as money by he time all the dust settles.

Basicly what they have done is make bitcoin RADIO ACTIVE so the bankers don't want to touch or get involved with it ---- sort of a digital hot POTATO.

the DUCK

I AM, the DUCK

46. Post #36

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 841 Posts

Basicly what they have done is make bitcoin RADIO ACTIVE so the bankers don't want to touch or get involved with it ---- sort of a digital hot POTATO.

the DUCK
    Don't go there, you'll get in trouble!

47. Post #37

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdave View Post
    Don't go there, you'll get in trouble!

QWAK,anotherdave,That is same thing that people said about my going to Viet Nam.

the DUCK

I AM, the DUCK