Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "T" Company

1. Post #1

Silver Member
    Thanks

Default The "T" Company

Three weeks ago, I posted, asking for advice on my problem with dealing with a bullion shipment from this company. I had already waited more than a month for this bullion shipment, getting the usual stalling from Karen.

I was called a "plant", a "shill", and a "liar" from individuals on this website until I posted, against my better judgment, the actual invoice for the order with the "paid" stamp for my wired payment. I contacted the owner of the company over two weeks ago and got this reply about my shipment.

" Because of the short shipping this week, because of the 4th of July, shipping next week, Hannes."

Hannes Tulving

P. 800.995.1708
    F. 949.722.0296
    E. hannes@tulving.com

http://tulving.com

I have received nothing during the two weeks since his comment, and got the stall from Karen again when I talked to her yesterday, saying she was not sure when my order would be shipped. Many of you asked to let you know when I received my shipment. The answer is that I still have gotten nothing but stalling from the two main individuals with this company.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to luckabuck For This Useful Post:

<===Foolsgold (07-12-2013), 917601 (07-12-2013), andial (07-12-2013), Argentium (07-12-2013), Argentsum (07-12-2013), BeefJerky (07-13-2013), bemac (07-12-2013), charlie1023 (07-12-2013), CrufflerJJ (07-12-2013), FlaGman (07-12-2013), gringott (07-12-2013), hernancortes (07-12-2013), Montecristo (07-13-2013), Piggybank (07-12-2013), Ragnarok (07-12-2013), Silver (07-12-2013), Someone_else (07-12-2013), southfork (07-12-2013)

3. Post #2

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner Someone_else's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: The "T" Company

Until recently, I had a very positive opinion of Tulving. But this story is starting to sound like the one huge thread about NWTM we had about eight-nine years ago...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Someone_else For This Useful Post:

CrufflerJJ (07-12-2013)

5. Post #3

Thanks
    Thanked 3,887 Times in 1,946 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Someone_else View Post
    Until recently, I had a very positive opinion of Tulving. But this story is starting to sound like the one huge thread about NWTM we had about eight-nine years ago...
    This forum [GIM the first] helped me very much when I started by alerting me to the huge possible delays from NWTM. I have never ordered from them. Why would I take a chance when forewarned by the experts here? Thanks to all.
    Serfs Up! ˙ɹǝʌo ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

6. Post #4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,788 Times in 820 Posts

So it has been over 2 months since you paid in full for "in stock" merchandise? This is getting serious, I wish you luck and hopefully this somehow gets resolved.

Just thinking out loud here, but would Hannes take you more seriously if he knew that this episode is being documented on a popular public gold forum and that it is costing him serious future business? Or are you afraid he would "fire you" as a "customer" as others have said he threatened them and it would cause more problems than it would help? Like that would matter at this point.

This is looking like a legal problem, might be time to contact the state Attorney Generals Office and begin pursuing legal action?

7. Post #5

Silver Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    So it has been over 2 months since you paid in full for "in stock" merchandise? This is getting serious, I wish you luck and hopefully this somehow gets resolved.

Just thinking out loud here, but would Hannes take you more seriously if he knew that this episode is being documented on a popular public gold forum and that it is costing him serious future business? Or are you afraid he would "fire you" as a "customer" as others have said he threatened them and it would cause more problems than it would help? Like that would matter at this point.

This is looking like a legal problem, might be time to contact the state Attorney Generals Office and begin pursuing legal action?
    You are correct in that I do not want to be "fired", as I understand he has a strange personality. If it does turn into a legal problem I have the contact information for the Orange County Sheriff's Office, the Orange County District Attorney' Office, the State Attorney General's Office, and the National Internet Crime Complaint Center. Do not want to have to do things through them, so I will give it some more time before using them as a last resort.

8. Post #6

Found a silver nugget Prospector
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luckabuck View Post
    Three weeks ago, I posted, asking for advice on my problem with dealing with a bullion shipment from this company. I had already waited more than a month for this bullion shipment, getting the usual stalling from Karen.

I was called a "plant", a "shill", and a "liar" from individuals on this website until I posted, against my better judgment, the actual invoice for the order with the "paid" stamp for my wired payment. I contacted the owner of the company over two weeks ago and got this reply about my shipment.

" Because of the short shipping this week, because of the 4th of July, shipping next week, Hannes."

Hannes Tulving

P. 800.995.1708
    F. 949.722.0296
    E. hannes@tulving.com

http://tulving.com

I have received nothing during the two weeks since his comment, and got the stall from Karen again when I talked to her yesterday, saying she was not sure when my order would be shipped. Many of you asked to let you know when I received my shipment. The answer is that I still have gotten nothing but stalling from the two main individuals with this company.
    I think I've expressed my opinion in another thread. He's unhedged and with the drop in gold, he's in a financial hole and unable to buy new product or sell his existing product without taking a huge hit. He's using your payment to make ends meet while desperately hoping the market skyrockets and he can start selling again without taking a huge loss on his accumulated goods. See his inventory where he's "sold out" on all product. If there were a shortage of product, the true dealers wouldn't be selling either.

He's in a bad position though as far as your order because if gold does rebound, his existing inventory would become more valuable, but he'd take a huge loss on the sale to you ($60,000 for a 30% rise in gold price for your $200K order.)

My suspicion is if gold does rebound, he will then try to renig on your purchase and then send the money back to you. If it doesn't soon, he files for bankruptcy for the 3rd time.

9. Post #7

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goldielox1 View Post
    I think I've expressed my opinion in another thread. He's unhedged and with the drop in gold, he's in a financial hole and unable to buy new product or sell his existing product without taking a huge hit. He's using your payment to make ends meet while desperately hoping the market skyrockets and he can start selling again without taking a huge loss on his accumulated goods. See his inventory where he's "sold out" on all product. If there were a shortage of product, the true dealers wouldn't be selling either.

He's in a bad position though as far as your order because if gold does rebound, his existing inventory would become more valuable, but he'd take a huge loss on the sale to you ($60,000 for a 30% rise in gold price for your $200K order.)

My suspicion is if gold does rebound, he will then try to renig on your purchase and then send the money back to you. If it doesn't soon, he files for bankruptcy for the 3rd time.
    You sure seem to know a lot about Tulving. One has to assume that either you are him or else blowing a lot of smoke. I am sympathetic to the OP situation but remain optimistic that he will have his product shortly. I base this on my recent direct prior experience with Tulving.

10. Post #8

Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 874 Posts

For that kind of money I'd be talking to him face to face. I wouldn't let it go any longer, either give me my money, or my product. There's no BS'ing you on shipping times when your talking face to face.
    Send Jimmy Conway round, tell him you want your gold TODAY,TODAY,TODAY!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	41317
    Note to self, stay the hell out of "General Discussions"

11. Post #9

Silver Member
    Thanks

Your post expresses my thoughts completely, and that is why I am very, very concerned about this situation.

12. Post #10

Silver Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chester-Copperpot View Post
    For that kind of money I'd be talking to him face to face. I wouldn't let it go any longer, either give me my money, or my product. There's no BS'ing you on shipping times when your talking face to face.
    Send Jimmy Conway round, tell him you want your gold TODAY,TODAY,TODAY!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	41317
    I'd like to send "Whitey" Bulger to pay him a visit.

13. Post #11

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner
    Thanks

I'm unsure how you are willing to give more time on someone who's holding 200K of your money. As said, i would be in his face like right now. I've been burned over 3K but writing was on the wall the the guy was having issues but I ignored them and gve him additional time "to make it right" which in turn, led him to filing bankruptcy and leaving me with nothing. I'd begin lining up my ducks if I were you.....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Piggybank For This Useful Post:

earplugs (07-13-2013)

15. Post #12

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner
    Thanks

...and for the record, Im in no way condoning violence, just love that gif to one of my favorite movies "Stand Up Guys".

16. Post #13

Thanks
    Thanked 4,143 Times in 2,434 Posts

I say stay calm and don't think any sick thoughts like I would. Keep calling though. JMHO.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to andial For This Useful Post:

gringott (07-12-2013)

18. Post #14

Thanks
    Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,932 Posts

I have a hard time believing he isn't hedged.

luckabuck, I didn't see your other thread, so sorry to ask, but is this a gold or silver purchase? And how many dollar digits are we talking about? Thanks for the info.

19. Post #15

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bemac View Post

luckabuck, I didn't see your other thread, so sorry to ask, but is this a gold or silver purchase? And how many dollar digits are we talking about? Thanks for the info.
    Gold - 1/10 of an oz, $200 big ones. Time to form a posse!

20. Post #16

Thanks

Your post expresses my thoughts completely, and that is why I am very, very concerned about this situation.
    Considering the amount of money, I think if I were in your position, I would tell him you are going to fly out there in person if he hasn't shipped in the next few business days. Even if you had to spend $1000 to fly out there and get a hotel for a few nights, that's nothing compared to what you stand to lose. If you can't get product you can at least get your money back, immediately buy from a reputable dealer and then sue Tulvang for the loss of value from market movement (i.e. a pair off fee) as well as costs of collection. If he refuses in person to give you product or a refund, you can file suit in his locale while on your trip. Waiting indefinitely is the wrong thing to do IMO.

btw...I thought it was funny some doofus said I was Tulvang because I used the facts of his prior two bankruptcies and inability to deliver or sell product after a market drop, to discern he was not hedged? Yes I am secretly Tulvang and am ragging on Tulvang.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to goldielox1 For This Useful Post:

earplugs (07-13-2013)

22. Post #17

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bemac View Post
    You may want to read his previous bankruptcy filings. I saw one of them which I believe was something like 6 million in debts and a few thousand in assets. Ask yourself how else this happens without huge market losses. If you're just dealing (buying and selling with spread) there's no way losses would get past a few months of whatever your monthly expenses are (<$10,000). Also, if you were hedged and you weren't making money on the spread, you wouldn't continue your business.

I looked into this when I was looking for a dealer. As soon as I saw that I looked elsewhere.

Reminds me of sub-prime lending 5-10 years ago. As long as the markets were slowly moving up, everything was dandy. As soon as the market moved down significantly, it was all over.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goldielox1 For This Useful Post:

bemac (07-13-2013), earplugs (07-13-2013), Piggybank (07-12-2013)

24. Post #18

Silver Member
    Thanks

You may want to read his previous bankruptcy filings. I saw one of them which I believe was something like 6 million in debts and a few thousand in assets. Ask yourself how else this happens without huge market losses. If you're just dealing (buying and selling with spread) there's no way losses would get past a few months of whatever your monthly expenses are (<$10,000). Also, if you were hedged and you weren't making money on the spread, you wouldn't continue your business.

I looked into this when I was looking for a dealer. As soon as I saw that I looked elsewhere.

Reminds me of sub-prime lending 5-10 years ago. As long as the markets were slowly moving up, everything was dandy. As soon as the market moved down significantly, it was all over.
    I'm going to call this week, and if I do not get a confirmed shipping date, will be making plans to fly out there. If he thinks his personality is gruff, just wait until he meets mine with the amount of money that he is holding that belongs to me. I will probably be knocking on his door accompanied with a sheriff's deputy serving a warrant. I'm really a nice guy, but do not enjoy being taken advantage of.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luckabuck For This Useful Post:

goldielox1 (07-13-2013), gringott (07-13-2013), lighthousekeeper73 (07-16-2013), Silver (07-13-2013)

26. Post #19

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 840 Posts

#1 i sympathize with your situation.......it sux big time to be in limbo and waiting

#2......your going to show up on his door with a warrent?.....for what?.....poor business practices?

#3......i just looked his site over.....i see no published shipping policy.....(either poor business policy or covering his arse)......without a shipping policy it seems difficult at best to persue a suit on him...and filing suit or persuing charges would certainly tie up your order indefinitely (if i were him and you filed suit on me i would use your money to fight the suit)(and i really dont see a prosecutor pressing criminal charges under the current circumstances)

i have bought considerable sums from tulving in the past without issue ......but i did find his lack of policys...paperwork.....documentation.......made me a bit nervous in the past

i was thinking of putting together a large gold for silver trade with him i will be putting on hold for a while due to your issues

if i were you i would consult a lawyer and use wisdom and caution before proceeding because the BEST you can hope for is a fullfilled order

you might try rather than beating him into compliance(doesnt seem to be working) ...maybe some bleeding heart sob story might get movement from him.....

I once had a issue with a person (sent his wife and kids a basket of white carnations with a note telling them now beautiful they were at home) .....i got compliance from the guy the next day...(his wife asked him why someone else was sending them flowers)

just my 2c worth
    Last edited by ttazzman; 07-13-2013 at 12:01 AM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ttazzman For This Useful Post:

earplugs (07-13-2013), savvydon (07-13-2013)

28. Post #20

Thanks

btw...I thought it was funny some doofus said I was Tulvang because I used the facts of his prior two bankruptcies and inability to deliver or sell product after a market drop, to discern he was not hedged? Yes I am secretly Tulvang and am ragging on Tulvang.
    Ok, in the interest of of not appearing like a doofus (btw... a wonderfully descriptive word) to you, I'll remove any sarcasm and break it down as cleanly as possibly. I'm pretty sure that you are not, in fact, Tulving. The logical conclusion that follows is that you don't know what Tulving is experiencing or thinking. Making inflammatory predictions for the OP as to what Tulving is or isn't going to do with his money/purchase is not helpful for the OP, as they are not based on fact or experience. Again, I am sympathetic to the OP and have been and am currently in the midst of a similarly frustrating financial transaction that is temporarily stuck in a holding pattern. It is unfortunate that the OP has to expend considerable energy and effort trying to discern how to best protect his interests. I agree with other posts made that suggest frequent communication and attempts to hold Tulving to a clear timeline would be prudent and well advised. I have tried to share my perspective, which is that Tulving is a large dealer who does plenty of business, and has always come through for me, even as recently as this spring. I am not counseling complacency to the OP, but neither do I see any value for him to to be taking actions based on theories about Tulving that you have manufactured and pulled out your arse.

29. Post #21

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by savvydon View Post
    Ok, in the interest of of not appearing like a doofus (btw... a wonderfully descriptive word) to you, I'll remove any sarcasm and break it down as cleanly as possibly. I'm pretty sure that you are not, in fact, Tulving. The logical conclusion that follows is that you don't know what Tulving is experiencing or thinking. Making inflammatory predictions for the OP as to what Tulving is or isn't going to do with his money/purchase is not helpful for the OP, as they are not based on fact or experience. Again, I am sympathetic to the OP and have been and am currently in the midst of a similarly frustrating financial transaction that is temporarily stuck in a holding pattern. It is unfortunate that the OP has to expend considerable energy and effort trying to discern how to best protect his interests. I agree with other posts made that suggest frequent communication and attempts to hold Tulving to a clear timeline would be prudent and well advised. I have tried to share my perspective, which is that Tulving is a large dealer who does plenty of business, and has always come through for me, even as recently as this spring. I am not counseling complacency to the OP, but neither do I see any value for him to to be taking actions based on theories about Tulving that you have manufactured and pulled out your arse.
    They were deduced not manufactured. If you think my theory is hogwash, kindly explain your theory as to how he was $6 million in the hole in one of his bankruptcies (I don't know how much it was in the other, could have been more?)

I'm not telling the OP what to do. Just saying if it were my money that's what I'd do. If something is "in stock" and hasn't been shipped in a month, I think any prudent party/judge would consider that a breach of contract. AND I don't think time is your friend IF Tulving is down big money on the PM market crash (which granted is my interpretation of him being unhedged in his past bankruptcies). If there's another good theory as to how he was $6 million negative in the past, I'd be interested in hearing and modifying my opinion.

30. Post #22

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner msolorio3's Avatar
    Thanks

Luckabuck, I live in Irvine, Ca. You can stay with my family if you need to come out.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to msolorio3 For This Useful Post:

TheMadHatter (07-14-2013)

32. Post #23

Silver Member
    Thanks

They were deduced not manufactured. If you think my theory is hogwash, kindly explain your theory as to how he was $6 million in the hole in one of his bankruptcies.
    Go back and reread his "issues" and the resultant bankruptcies, then come back to us and describe just what you found as you will see how he got put in the position he was put into. The .gov put the squeeze on him. His site now clearly states, he is not responsible for the rise or fall in the price of products he may sell to you and does not offer any advise on purchasing product from him. You also have to look at the dates of said bankruptcies, they were before Al Gore even invented the internet", ancient history.

33. Post #24

Thanks

I think I've expressed my opinion in another thread. He's unhedged and with the drop in gold, he's in a financial hole and unable to buy new product or sell his existing product without taking a huge hit. He's using your payment to make ends meet while desperately hoping the market skyrockets and he can start selling again without taking a huge loss on his accumulated goods. See his inventory where he's "sold out" on all product. If there were a shortage of product, the true dealers wouldn't be selling either.He is selling plenty of product right now. That is a fact, not a deduction.

This is not deduction, it is pure speculation.

They were deduced not manufactured. If you think my theory is hogwash, kindly explain your theory as to how he was $6 million in the hole in one of his bankruptcies (I don't know how much it was in the other, could have been more?)

I'm not telling the OP what to do. Just saying if it were my money that's what I'd do. If something is "in stock" and hasn't been shipped in a month, I think any prudent party/judge would consider that a breach of contract. AND I don't think time is your friend IF Tulving is down big money on the PM market crash (which granted is my interpretation of him being unhedged in his past bankruptcies). If there's another good theory as to how he was $6 million negative in the past, I'd be interested in hearing and modifying my opinion.
    I don't spend my time forming theories about things I don't have a clue about. However, at this point I feel I can properly deduce that you have no problem using misinformation and speculating about that which you know not on a public forum which only serves to inflame one party and impugn the other.

34. Post #25

Thanks

See his inventory where he's "sold out" on all product.
    This is untrue. When was the last time you visited his website? He is selling plenty of product right now.

35. Post #26

Thanks
    Thanked 3,887 Times in 1,946 Posts

This is untrue. When was the last time you visited his website? He is selling plenty of product right now.
    Glad I'm not one of the people he is "selling" to. Don't think I could stand the stress.
    Serfs Up! ˙ɹǝʌo ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

36. Post #27

Clad in Platinum Miner Has Hole In Ground
    Thanks

This is definitely beyond getting serious. I would reconsider your idea of a face to face visit at this time. When face to face, tempers and egos often get in the way of productive discussions and could possibly make things worse.

I would start with composing a few letters to the BBB, to the AG's office and the other agency's you mentioned.
    Then before sending those letters off I would send a polite email along with a registered letter to Hannes outlining what you plan to do with those letters if the situation isn't resolved within two weeks. If after two weeks you still have nothing, then send off your letters. At that point you would have built an extremely strong case and would have conducted yourself professionally.

Although I would still like to hear the other side of this story from Hannes's perspective, I think it's time for you to take a little more action beyond phone calls to Karen.

I wish you the best of luck in a quick resolution to your situation.
    "I'm looking for a retouch of the $1180 area for gold, maybe even a little lower before fall.
    I'm still not looking at anything over $1475 for at least a year and an upside of $1545 for 2 yrs.
    My guess is we won't start the next upward trend until fall of 2015."- Montecristo 7/3/2013

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Montecristo For This Useful Post:

luckabuck (07-13-2013)

38. Post #28

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 840 Posts

I agree with Montecristo's plan with a few additions.....

#1 get your lawyer to send the letter (shows seriousness and financial commitment on your part)

#2 send it registered mail (proof that you contacted him)

39. Post #29

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 615 Posts

damn, too bad you didn't come on here before you bought from tulving. I'd have told you to buy from the mint. you could get some nice 5 oz atb's or some pr buffalos at no risk from the treasury.

40. Post #30

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by earplugs View Post
    damn, too bad you didn't come on here before you bought from tulving. I'd have told you to buy from the mint. you could get some nice 5 oz atb's or some pr buffalos at no risk from the treasury.
    There is quite a difference in premium above spot when you buy from the mint. You are paying a numismatic premium with them.

41. Post #31

Silver Member
    Thanks

Sorry to hear about your story...I wish you the best (for whatever that's worth).

42. Post #32

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piggybank View Post
    ...and for the record, Im in no way condoning violence, just love that gif to one of my favorite movies "Stand Up Guys".
    I condones the violence... Id fly out and sock his ass up sompin awful over dem kinda moneys.

43. Post #33

Thanks
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 1,001 Posts

Luck,
    Lookit, geez, I am sorry about your dilema,
    But this is an internet forum.
    Nuttin here can appease your plight.
    Heck, we might , all of us even, be a 4 chinned hairy older lady in Belarus....lol...
    I.e. this is not getting ya anywheres cept an outlet for some grief.
    Not a bad thing mind ya friend....but
    A personal visit and a " show me the money " seems to be the only
    Option on the critical path to resolution.
    You even have accomodations volunteered above.
    You can drop 200 on the product , you can surely afford the visit.
    JMHO , friend and best wishes.
    Haystack

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Hystckndle For This Useful Post:

luckabuck (07-14-2013)

45. Post #34

Thanks

After reading this forum it's seems your in the same boat as many others. The good news is, some have waited 4-6 weeks, and while they are pissed about it, they did get there order.

http://golddealerreviews.com/reviews...lers/3-tulving

After reading through a few, it seems wait times are very long. Most are customers that have bought before, but will no longer buy after this mess.

46. Post #35

Thanks

This is not deduction, it is pure speculation.

I don't spend my time forming theories about things I don't have a clue about. However, at this point I feel I can properly deduce that you have no problem using misinformation and speculating about that which you know not on a public forum which only serves to inflame one party and impugn the other.
    You are speculating that it's speculation and in fact your speculation is wrong. It's deduction. And no one has offered a better explanation including yourself so until you come up with another plausible alternative, close it.

You do spend your time shooting your mouth off when you freely admit you have done no research. I challenged you to look at the basic publicly available documents such as the bk filings and you're too lazy to do it. Unlike you, I have actually looked into the matter.

To the person that said that 2 bks is ancient history, remember history doesn't always repeat but it often rhymes. From reading the reviews on http://golddealerreviews.com/reviews...lers/3-tulving , Tolving isn't sending product to many that have paid for. Many are 2 months and counting. In fact I only read one person in the last two months that had received his order. So go right ahead and place your order if you're so confident in this business.

47. Post #36

Clad in Platinum Miner Has Hole In Ground Ensoniq's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stonedywankanobe View Post
    I condones the violence... Id fly out and sock his ass up sompin awful over dem kinda moneys.
    You're in the wrong thread, the Trayvon complaints are in another sub-forum

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ensoniq For This Useful Post:

gringott (07-14-2013), stonedywankanobe (07-14-2013)

49. Post #37

Thanks

You are speculating that it's speculation and in fact your speculation is wrong. It's deduction. And no one has offered a better explanation including yourself so until you come up with another plausible alternative, close it.

You do spend your time shooting your mouth off when you freely admit you have done no research. I challenged you to look at the basic publicly available documents such as the bk filings and you're too lazy to do it. Unlike you, I have actually looked into the matter.

To the person that said that 2 bks is ancient history, remember history doesn't always repeat but it often rhymes. From reading the reviews on http://golddealerreviews.com/reviews...lers/3-tulving , Tolving isn't sending product to many that have paid for. Many are 2 months and counting. In fact I only read one person in the last two months that had received his order. So go right ahead and place your order if you're so confident in this business.
    I can fairly deduce at this point that you are a blow hard. I don't see any value in speculating about things that are unknowable to me, such why you see fit to declare yourself some sort of authority on Tulving's circumstances and business decisions. Why don't you spread your fairly tells somewhere else where they will be more palatable.

50. The Following User Says Thank You to savvydon For This Useful Post:

Zed (07-14-2013)

51. Post #38

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,495 Times in 2,514 Posts

btw...I thought it was funny some doofus said I was Tulvang because I used the facts of his prior two bankruptcies and inability to deliver or sell product after a market drop, to discern he was not hedged?
    You are the doofus, you still have your 'facts' wrong and you are making claims that you simply cannot make on such scant information.

Ultracrepidarianism is the appropriate word.

52. Post #39

Banned
    Thanks

It is implausible that you could run his business without hedging, for instance if your 'idea' is correct try explaining how he survived 2008?

Deduction my ass, you can't deduce anything from what you think you know, the 'facts' simply don't support your inane conclusion!

You do spend your time shooting your mouth off when you freely admit you have done no research. I challenged you to look at the basic publicly available documents such as the bk filings and you're too lazy to do it.
    Your barrel is the hottest pal.

Unlike you, I have actually looked into the matter.
    It doesn't sound like it!
    Last edited by Zed; 07-14-2013 at 08:49 PM.

53. Post #40

Banned
    Thanks

I challenged you to look at the basic publicly available documents such as the bk filings and you're too lazy to do it.
    OK... lets do it!

This is the LA Times press coverage of the 1990 incident... dates and links.

Basically the 1990 incident revolved around the rare coin side of the business and was settled out of court which means the truth will never really be known simply because...

1. As soon as they started the investigation the business was dead, making an investigation public is a certain way to kill any dealer regardless of the veracity of the charges.

2. As a small business you cannot spend enough to defend yourself against the US government, a settlement is the only way out while there is still something left to salvage.

One thing we do know is that this bankruptcy was not due to Tulving mismanaging his bullion and bullion coin sales business.

As for the charge of fraud, I really don't know the full detail of that case, rare coins are an illiquid and really iffy market period IMO. Settling a coins worth is much like settling a paintings worth, if you paid it then that is what it is worth to you... no guarantee that the next guy will see the value.

So Mr. Goldielox, to keep this balanced, what about you furnish details of this other bankruptcy story you claim?
    Last edited by Zed; 07-14-2013 at 08:44 PM.

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Zed For This Useful Post:

smooth (07-14-2013)

55. Post #41

Silver Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    OK... lets do it!

This is the LA Times press coverage of the 1990 incident... dates and links.

Basically the 1990 incident revolved around the rare coin side of the business and was settled out of court which means the truth will never really be known simply because...

1. As soon as they started the investigation the business was dead, making an investigation public is a certain way to kill any dealer regardless of the veracity of the charges.

2. As a small business you cannot spend enough to defend yourself against the US government, a settlement is the only way out while there is still something left to salvage.

One thing we do know is that this bankruptcy was not due to Tulving mismanaging his bullion and bullion coin sales business.

As for the charge of fraud, I really don't know the full detail of that case, rare coins are an illiquid and really iffy market period IMO. Settling a coins worth is much like settling a paintings worth, if you paid it then that is what it is worth to you... no guarantee that the next guy will see the value.

So Mr. Goldielox, to keep this balanced, what about you furnish details of the other bankruptcy story?
    Thanks for the background information, Zed. Hope that I do not have to use that information. We will see.

56. Post #42

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks for the background information, Zed. Hope that I do not have to use that information. We will see.
    Tulving has built one of the largest gold dealer businesses in the US, not once but twice, he came back from the 1990 crucifixion of his business (right or wrong) and built anew. You can't do that if there is no trust in the Gold buying community, you can't do that if you are not straight.

I'd not be too worried if I where you, the interpretation of events presented here are without foundation, he survived 2008, you couldn't have done that without effective hedging! It really does sound more like a supply/insurance issue. It would be nice to hear a good explanation of Tulvings reasons for the delay, that appears absent.

That said two months is long time, can you confirm that is the time period?

I would think that he is guilty of supplying his bigger customers first and that demand has got him backed up for a combination of supply and logistical reasons (insurance, man power etc). He is not likely to want to gear up to this peak in demand because he knows it will go as fast as it came. As big as your order is to you it is small in the scheme of things and it looks like you have been shunted back in the que.

He is guilty of poor service, I am sure of that, but he is a cheap wholesale dealer, you are not paying for a slick "warm and fuzzy" transaction. He only wants hassle free customers who buy reasonable quantity, in return you get low prices.

I think he is an honest dealer, I believe you will see your product.

The only question for you is was it worth the tension it caused, unfortunately you don't seem to have a history with Tulving to reassure you, others here do.

It looks like he is not the dealer for you, Que Sera, next time at least you will place a higher value on the comfort and hand holding factor.

Cheers
    Z

57. Post #43

Thanks
    Thanked 9,909 Times in 3,890 Posts

Zed, question for you,

What is your interest here and why does this play so hard on you???

and don't say 'because he is the only one here not defending himself' as it won't float,

not to mention, he can sign up anytime he wants and defend himself,

we have no dog in this fight, none.

you have taken this way beyond the normal to what end????

which is kind of interesting, 'cause the more you talk about it, the more it doesn't go away, and the guy continues to make headlines???? Rather than burying into the threads of history.

posting up articles on the past is certainly not helping IMO.

just color me confused on it is all,

I would argue this thread should die off, and the issue handled outside of here,

The only way to resolve this is between him and the dealer.

58. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpio For This Useful Post:

southfork (07-14-2013), TheMadHatter (07-14-2013)

59. Post #44

Gold Member+
    Thanks

It's when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked.

60. Post #45

Gold Member+
    Thanks

I'm going to call this week, and if I do not get a confirmed shipping date, will be making plans to fly out there. If he thinks his personality is gruff, just wait until he meets mine with the amount of money that he is holding that belongs to me. I will probably be knocking on his door accompanied with a sheriff's deputy serving a warrant. I'm really a nice guy, but do not enjoy being taken advantage of.
    2 months with no shipment, you should be initiating legal action already. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

61. Post #46

Thanks

I still believe he will come good. For over a decade he's been the best source for large orders. No other firm can beat his prices, the downside is the higher minimum. I waited almost six weeks for an order from Provident recently, but I got it in the end. Because the order was not life changing money, I didn't bother to email or call, I figured I would get it eventually. Now if I had a 200K order, I would have been worried, and harassing them.
    I can imagine with the sudden drop that he's swamped with orders. I'm sure he will be getting orders on a daily basis too.

I will say that by the sounds of things his customer service sucks. I think in his position I would be honest with the buyer and say that I'm backed up, and it might be 7-8 weeks.

62. Post #47

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Zed, question for you,

What is your interest here and why does this play so hard on you???

and don't say 'because he is the only one here not defending himself' as it won't float,
    So you discount my answer before I answer, hanging jury? If they where trying to hang you and I could see they where trumped up charges I would (foolishly perhaps) do the same thing. Lots of moral talk around here but sweet FA in terms of interest in the truth.

not to mention, he can sign up anytime he wants and defend himself,
    I think he is a little busy.

we have no dog in this fight, none.
    Then why your concern over me defending him? The lynch squad is sizable enough!

you have taken this way beyond the normal to what end????
    Normal for you maybe, it took me ten minutes...

which is kind of interesting, 'cause the more you talk about it, the more it doesn't go away, and the guy continues to make headlines???? Rather than burying into the threads of history.
    BB's are not headlines.... they are notoriously full of b u l l s h i t.

posting up articles on the past is certainly not helping IMO.
    Yet posting ad nauseum about the same bankruptcy is? Saying he is a bankrupt is one thing, putting it in context is another. Those articles provide context and understanding, they are a factual record from the time. Why should you have issue with that?

just color me confused on it is all,
    What can I say, I think that free speech and balance have some value. Are you not interested? Most people would rather hang someone on a headline, that is until they get on the wrong side of that vicious machine and gain an understanding of how it really works.

I would argue this thread should die off, and the issue handled outside of here,

The only way to resolve this is between him and the dealer.
    A point I made a long time ago... yet it continues and so do I.

I have made no false claim, yet I am the one you always seek to contain.... why?

There are guys here wildly speculating beyond the knowable facts yet you only go for me.... why?

63. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zed For This Useful Post:

Montecristo (07-15-2013), smooth (07-14-2013), stonedywankanobe (07-14-2013)

64. Post #48

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~BS View Post
    2 months with no shipment, you should be initiating legal action already. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
    I am not sure there is much you can do legally at this point, it is a fuzzy area and they had no specific performance requirement. I would think that a refund is about as much as he would be entitled too.

FWIW a refund and repurchase elsewhere might be a better course of action given the current gold price and the delay.... this is what I would probably attempt if I where nervous about Tulving.

65. Post #49

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    I am not sure there is much you can do legally at this point, it is a fuzzy area and they had no specific performance requirement. I would think that a refund is about as much as he would be entitled too.

FWIW a refund and repurchase elsewhere might be a better course of action given the current gold price and the delay.... this is what I would probably attempt if I where nervous about Tulving.
    The law

The federal Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Trade Regulation Rule requires stores to ship telephone, mail, fax, and Internet orders within 30 days. If the merchant promises an earlier shipment date, it must meet that deadline. If the retailer has a reasonable basis for not getting your order out on time, it must obtain your consent to the delay. And if you don't respond or consent, the merchant must issue a refund. Merchants have more time—50 days instead of 30—to make the shipment if you're also applying for credit.
    You should know

The clock begins running on shipping deadlines when the seller receives a properly completed order, including any advance payments. The merchant can't add any of the days it took for your check to clear or for its bank to credit its account with your payment. And it doesn't matter whether a fulfillment house or drop shipper the merchant used to handle orders caused the delay.

So if you're expecting a shipment and the retailer tries to contact you about a delay, be sure to respond or your order will be cancelled, even if you still want it.

66. Post #50

Banned
    Thanks

The law

The federal Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Trade Regulation Rule requires stores to ship telephone, mail, fax, and Internet orders within 30 days. If the merchant promises an earlier shipment date, it must meet that deadline. If the retailer has a reasonable basis for not getting your order out on time, it must obtain your consent to the delay. And if you don't respond or consent, the merchant must issue a refund. Merchants have more time—50 days instead of 30—to make the shipment if you're also applying for credit.
    Thanks. So the legal remedy is in fact a refund as I speculated, not like you can drag him into court quite yet.

You should know
    Why? I'm not living under your law, why should I know?

The clock begins running on shipping deadlines when the seller receives a properly completed order, including any advance payments. The merchant can't add any of the days it took for your check to clear or for its bank to credit its account with your payment. And it doesn't matter whether a fulfillment house or drop shipper the merchant used to handle orders caused the delay.

So if you're expecting a shipment and the retailer tries to contact you about a delay, be sure to respond or your order will be cancelled, even if you still want it.
    So the question still stands, is it two months? The OP has not indicated that, the invoice didn't reveal that and I think it has only been other posters that have said that.

If it has been two months why hasn't a refund been asked for? After all you could turn around and buy a fair bit cheaper today.