Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Truckers to Shutdown Washington in October

1. Post #1

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 705 Posts

Default Truckers to Shutdown Washington in October

Why Are Truckers Threatening to ‘Shut Down Washington, D.C.’ for Three Days Straight?
    Sep. 18, 2013 12:12am Jason Howerton

A group of truckers is reportedly planning to shut Washington, D.C. down for three days straight starting on Oct. 11 to protest the “corruption against the Constitution.”

The “Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook page has more than 16,000 likes, though it is unclear how many truckers actually intend on taking part in the disruptive protest.

(Facebook)
    “The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!” the group’s description reads.

In a YouTube video uploaded by user “Kevin Allan” and linked on the “Truckers To Shut Down America” Facebook page, the event is labeled as a general “strike” by the American people against the federal government and its “bulls**t.”

The narrator in the video says he has received word from others that “truckers are organizing and are going to shut down D.C.” Watch the video below (Warning: Some strong language):

It is too early to tell if the “strike” will be successful, but “shutting down” the nation’s capitol would certainly have a huge impact whether you agree or disagree with the tactic.

The Facebook page provides some additional information on the motive behind the action, which ranges from Obamacare to the IRS scandal to Benghazi:

My fellow patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America ion [sic] a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th. Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions.

It does not matter if a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We the People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner [sic] put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...days-straight/

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gomez For This Useful Post:

AgAuGal (09-18-2013), Argent Dragon (09-18-2013), Eyebone (09-18-2013), searcher (09-18-2013), Silvergun (09-18-2013), Son of Gloin (09-19-2013)

3. Post #2

Big Lizard Moderator Argent Dragon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,376 Posts

Thumbs up Re: Truckers to Shutdown Washington in October

Quote Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
    A group of truckers is reportedly planning to shut Washington, D.C. down for three days straight starting on Oct. 11 to protest the “corruption against the Constitution.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...days-straight/
    Awesome idea and I hope it has real "teeth", however - my suggestion is an entire week or 7+ days. Three days ain't enuf folks.
    “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”-Thomas Jefferson

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire

"When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." - Gen Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Argent Dragon For This Useful Post:

Gomez (09-18-2013)

5. Post #3

Thanks
    Thanked 18,860 Times in 8,593 Posts

Default Re: Truckers to Shutdown Washington in October

Here's the vid:

Always Take Things For What They're Worth & DYODD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to searcher For This Useful Post:

Armed.peasant (09-18-2013)

7. Post #4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 673 Posts

I hope they have everything on their trucks working and all their logs filled out. The running (sad) joke in the industry is that DoT could fail a brand new truck off the assembly line in an inspection if they wanted to.
    "No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session." -- New York State Surrogate Court Judge Gideon John Tucker, Final Accounting in the Estate of A.B._, 1, Tucker (N.Y. Surrogate Court) 247, 249 (1866)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oldgaranddad For This Useful Post:

Mr Paradise (09-18-2013)

9. Post #5

Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 679 Posts

I hope they keep it on the east coast. I have to drive up to Chicago that weekend......
    Your government sees you as a milk cow. If things get tough for them, they will treat you like a beef cow. - Doug Casey

10. Post #6

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oldgaranddad View Post
    I hope they have everything on their trucks working and all their logs filled out. The running (sad) joke in the industry is that DoT could fail a brand new truck off the assembly line in an inspection if they wanted to.
    Not a joke anymore. That's part of the reason for so many repeat laws ... each one has it's own little tweak that contradicts others ... ensuring that the whole mass is unsurvivable.
    And this is why I'm a monarchist ... the public is just too damn stupid to be allowed to control the country

11. Post #7

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,949 Times in 1,047 Posts

What percentage of truckers do you really think will participate? These guys and gals have families to feed and mortgages to pay. They can't risk job loss during this spectacular (not) recovery.

America does need a wake-up call, but this will not be it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishkabibble For This Useful Post:

ErrosionOfAccord (09-18-2013)

13. Post #8

Gold Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Argent Dragon View Post
    Awesome idea and I hope it has real "teeth", however - my suggestion is an entire week or 7+ days. Three days ain't enuf folks.
    If it is planned for weekend well no one will care and odds are the leaders are being paid my some elite group.
    Last edited by silver solution; 09-20-2013 at 04:34 AM.

14. Post #9

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,396 Times in 1,643 Posts

Great idea but participants will be a small percentage of owner operators (less than 1%) company drivers even thinking of pulling a stunt like this will be out of a job instantly and have so many "dings" on their record they won't even be able to deliver pizzas.

There are so many regulations, just sitting in the drivers seat and starting your truck can be illegal.
    "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"

-Confuscius- (504BC)