Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: FREE GAS STATION FOR POOR 1st 'OBAMASTATION' Debuts in Detroit-70 Planned Nationwide

1. Post #1

Thanks
    Thanked 6,479 Times in 3,138 Posts

Default FREE GAS STATION FOR POOR 1st 'OBAMASTATION' Debuts in Detroit-70 Planned Nationwide

You know you are screwed when it's hard tell the sham from the true. I can see this happening in a heartbeat!

Government Opening Free Gas Stations in Poor Neighborhoods
    Oct 29, 2013
    First 'Obamastation' Debuts in Detroit, Seventy Planned Nationwide

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Obamastation-257x167.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	48411

As the battle over Obamacare rages in Washington, the White House is quietly using a little known provision of the law to roll out a nationwide network of free gas stations for minorities and the poor.

According to a report in The Detroit News this morning, the administration is using its authority under the Affordable Care Act to "improve transportation routes to hospitals" to dispense gasoline free of cost in disadvantaged neighborhoods.

The $2 billion-a-year program aims to distribute 40 million gallons of free gasoline each year through 70 new gas stations constructed in major metropolitan areas. The Department of Health and Human Services (DHS) will be responsible for operating the network, whose first station opened yesterday in Detroit.

"It's not something we're publicizing very much, for obvious reasons," explains Dori Salcido, assistant DHS secretary for public affairs. "But under the law we are well within our rights to offer this service, and we think it's good public policy.

"How are people supposed to get to the doctor's office if they don't have gas in their cars? Health insurance is worthless if you can't make your appointment. This is just another fine example of government stepping in and solving big problems."

No Gas for You
    Although some developing oil-rich nations like Venezuela and Indonesia subsidize gasoline for the poor, the practice has never before been tried in the United States. The plans are proving controversial with some taxpayers who are loathe to see their money go to subsidize others.

"So basically I'm being punished for not living in the ghetto," says Colin Blair, a white person from the affluent Detroit suburb of Farmington Hills. "I have three kids and a mortgage. Life isn't cheap for me either. I could use some free gasoline too."

An investigation into the station's operations, however, reveals that Blair is unlikely to be able to use the service.

"Supposedly access to the station is determined by income," says Ebony Jackson, manager of the first Obamastation. "But it's pretty unrealistic to do an income check on each and every driver. So what we do is basically let all the black people pump for free, and charge all the white people the market rate."

The Obamastations scandal was uncovered by Nolan Finley , a conservative Detroit News columnist widely lauded for his groundbreaking exposé on Obamaphones. Finley says the blatant racial bias in the program is only one of its many outrageous aspects.

"The stations have Obama campaign logo on them and giant photos of the president," he explains. "He's trying to buy votes ahead of the midterm elections. This is something you normally only see in third world countries. I've never been more scared for our democracy."
    http://dailycurrant.com/2013/10/29/g...neighborhoods/
    Truthfulness - Benevolence - Forbearance

2. Post #2

Thanks
    Thanked 4,454 Times in 1,716 Posts

Default Re: FREE GAS STATION FOR POOR 1st 'OBAMASTATION' Debuts in Detroit-70 Planned Nationw

WHOOOOOA !!!
    Poor people ride a bike or walk.
    If you are truly poor, you do not have a car.
    OR
    Reverse this.
    Give poor white people gas & make the black people pay the market price.
    Wholly crap, the fight is on !!
    Behold the turtle, for he only makes progress, when he sticks his neck out !
    In order to put you head in the sand, you must first be on your knees !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TAEZZAR For This Useful Post:

hoarder (11-03-2013)

4. Post #3

Thanks
    Thanked 4,816 Times in 3,196 Posts

Default Re: FREE GAS STATION FOR POOR 1st 'OBAMASTATION' Debuts in Detroit-70 Planned Nationw

QWAK,"Take "Be NO" and there will be NO GAS!

the DUCK
    "ALL is ONE" What we DO to and FOR others we DO "TO and FOR" our selves ultimitly!

People SELDOM look for TRUTH! What they look for is CONFERMATION that what they have chosen to believe IS TRUTH! This is why people will believe almost ANY THING and also WHY the WORLD is SO MESSED UP!

IT is never realy OVER -- things just CHANGE!

You can QUOTE me on ALL! It IS what I believe to be TRUE!

I AM, the DUCK

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GOLD DUCK For This Useful Post:

smooth (11-03-2013)

6. Post #4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 805 Posts

Heck, I was shocked to see "Free" plug in stations for electric cars, at the downtown bus station, here in NorCal. They really push the O'Commie agenda here in Commiefornia!
    "A Man's Got To Know His Limitations" Dirty Harry Callahan

7. Post #5

Thanks
    Thanked 17,474 Times in 8,120 Posts

There is "free" gas now.

Ya takes yer Food Stamps down to da bodega in da 'hood. They gives ya 50% cash value. Then ya drives yer leased Lexus down to da Exxon and ya fills 'er up.

Free gas!!!
    " 'The problem' is, uh, I'm the president of the United States;
    I'm not, uh, the emperor of the United States."

-- Barrack Hussein Soetoro Soebarkah Obama Shama-Lama-Ding-Dong the Magnificent! - 02/17/13

8. The Following User Says Thank You to phideaux For This Useful Post:

samwiii (11-03-2013)

9. Post #6

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner shamash's Avatar
    Thanks

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/obama-fre...s-satire.shtml

Detailed Analysis

According to a message that is currently circulating via social media posts, US President Obama is rolling out a network of gas stations that will provide gas to poor people and minorities free of charge. The message, links to what appears to be a news article that supposedly discusses the free gas station scheme in detail. The article claims that the first of 70 "Obamastations" has recently opened in Detroit.

The move has generated a considerable amount of angry commentary and debate.

However, the claims in the message are pure fiction. No "Obamastations" are being opened and poor people will not be given free fuel to help them get to the doctor as claimed.

The article comes courtesy of the satirical website The Daily Currant, which specializes in the publication of – entirely fictional – stories couched as news articles. The Daily Currant makes the satirical nature of its content clear via its About Page, which notes:
    The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper that covers global politics, business, technology, entertainment, science, health and media. It is accessible from over 190 countries worldwide - now including South Sudan.

Q. Are your news stories real?

A. No. Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world

In their original context, the publication's articles are often both amusing and thought provoking as all good satire should be. But, occasionally, an article from the site will escape its original confines and begin circulating widely, duping many recipients into believing that the information is true.
    Back in March, 2013 another Daily Currant article claiming that the former Pope had come out as gay also circulated far and wide causing a great deal of angst and consternation as it travelled.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shamash For This Useful Post:

Spike (11-03-2013)

11. Post #7

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 841 Posts

You can tell things are really bad when people read and believe this. I suspect most would go on like nothing happened if it actually came true.

12. Post #8

Thanks
    Thanked 4,816 Times in 3,196 Posts

QWAK,shamash,It is a small step from believing in ObamaCare to believing Obama free gas!

Once inside the ASILEM the absured become the new norm!

the DUCK
    "ALL is ONE" What we DO to and FOR others we DO "TO and FOR" our selves ultimitly!

People SELDOM look for TRUTH! What they look for is CONFERMATION that what they have chosen to believe IS TRUTH! This is why people will believe almost ANY THING and also WHY the WORLD is SO MESSED UP!

IT is never realy OVER -- things just CHANGE!

You can QUOTE me on ALL! It IS what I believe to be TRUE!

I AM, the DUCK

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GOLD DUCK For This Useful Post:

shamash (11-03-2013)

14. Post #9

Thanks

You mean, PEGGY was RIGHT all along?

15. Post #10

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner
    Thanks

Although this is a fake story, they do hand out gas cards. I think it is a state program, but I know someone who gets a $25 gas card every week.
    As Newton said, for every male action, there is an unequal and opposite female overreaction.

16. Post #11

Silver Member
    Thanks

Isn't it so wonderful that the government helps the poor down trodden like they do. It makes me want to volunteer and pump the gas for the poor little people.

You know, shouldn't the government give these poor people free cars to go along with the gas?

and free auto insurance?
    and free drivers licenses?
    and a free mobile phone while they use the cars?
    and free health care if they have a problem?
    and free booze, if they want to celebrate?

I certianly feel the love of the government.

17. Post #12

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 637 Posts

Good place for a bus stop.

18. Post #13

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,202 Times in 1,543 Posts

I've seen a couple of those gas stations around Detroit already...they ain't giving away free gas, yet anyways.
    Cu Ag Au

19. Post #14

Thanks
    Thanked 2,098 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdave View Post
    You can tell things are really bad when people read and believe this.
    So true. A crazy story like this could only be believed if there are enough equally crazy stories that are actually true.
    Gold and Silver aren't the only metals that preserve wealth. I also have a large supply of Brass and Lead.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to samwiii For This Useful Post:

GOLD DUCK (11-03-2013)

21. Post #15

Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 874 Posts

Those these lazy sons of bitches drive to the gas station for free gas, where the attendant on minimum wage with no health care fills them up. Mr Irons is right, we are living in a friggin cartoon.
    Note to self, stay the hell out of "General Discussions"

22. Post #16

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 750 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by newmisty View Post
    You know you are screwed when it's hard tell the sham from the true. I can see this happening in a heartbeat!
    I can't see anyone finding this hard to tell from reality. It isn't remotely believable.

23. Post #17

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chester-Copperpot View Post
    Those these lazy sons of bitches drive to the gas station for free gas, where the attendant on minimum wage with no health care fills them up. Mr Irons is right, we are living in a friggin cartoon.
    Hey don't forget, they'll have them registering to vote Democrat, while their tanks are being filled. Brings new meaning to the term "Motor Voter"!

24. Post #18

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 828 Posts

It actually seems like one of the most plausible satires yet. The cult of the personality is not doing well in the polls, but the idiot Republicans missed several opportunities and are even more disliked than cockroaches or AIDs.

25. Post #19

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 822 Posts

These gas stations should be called the "Bum Feeder Gas Station". That would describe the real situation.
    The US Government was designed to prevent people from killing and stealing our property.

But today, the government kills and takes our property.

26. Post #20

Thanks
    Thanked 2,098 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
    I can't see anyone finding this hard to tell from reality. It isn't remotely believable.
    Right. The government would never hand out for free anything more than what is absolutely necessary to survive. Kind of like those fake stories where people get free cell phones, can vote without proving their identities, get unemployment benefits for 99 weeks without actually trying to get a job, get bigger welfare checks simply by having another child, get a tax refund without ever actually paying taxes in the first place, the whole "anchor baby" concept - that's just too insane to be real, the need for "universal healthcare" because those without insurance were being kicked out of hospitals and left to die due to an inability to pay, and so on and so on.

Can you imagine what trouble this Country would be in if crazy stories like these would be true?
    Gold and Silver aren't the only metals that preserve wealth. I also have a large supply of Brass and Lead.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum."

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samwiii For This Useful Post:

90%RealMoney (11-03-2013), phideaux (11-03-2013), silver solution (11-05-2013)

28. Post #21

Thanks
    Thanked 17,474 Times in 8,120 Posts

Originally Posted by Alric

Hey Al-Ricky-Bobby, go read Catch-22. Just the first few chapters is all ya need. Is paying farmers to not grow crops "remotely believable"

The country is upside down. The inmates are running the asylum. Anything is not only possible, it is probable.
    " 'The problem' is, uh, I'm the president of the United States;
    I'm not, uh, the emperor of the United States."

-- Barrack Hussein Soetoro Soebarkah Obama Shama-Lama-Ding-Dong the Magnificent! - 02/17/13

29. The Following User Says Thank You to phideaux For This Useful Post:

samwiii (11-03-2013)

30. Post #22

Thanks
    Thanked 6,479 Times in 3,138 Posts

There are programs that give heating oil subsidies to the poor, is that far fetched?
    Truthfulness - Benevolence - Forbearance