Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Union seeks severance for teacher convicted of raping student

1. Post #1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 545 Posts

Default Union seeks severance for teacher convicted of raping student

So these are the types of educators running the asylum. Sad these unions protect perverts at all costs.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/12...aping-student/

Union seeks severance for teacher convicted of raping student

Published December 12, 2013 /
    FoxNews.com

A teacher’s union in Michigan is fighting to get a $10,000 severance package for a convicted child molester whose case that drew outrage earlier this year when his former school colleagues pleaded with a judge to sentence him lightly.

Neal Erickson, 38, pleaded guilty in May to raping a young boy over the course of three years — from 2006 to 2009 — and was sentenced to 15-30 years in prison. The prison term came over the pleas of seven of Erickson's former fellow teachers at Rose City Middle School, including Sally Campbell, who said in a letter to the judge that “Neal made a mistake. He allowed a mutual friendship to develop into much more."

Circuit Court Judge Michael Baumgartner, saying he was "appalled and ashamed that the community could rally around" Erickson, sentenced him to the lengthy prison term, but FoxNews.com reported earlier this year that parents were furious. The decision by the Michigan Education Association to seek severance pay, reported first by EAGNews.org, is the latest example of teachers rallying around Erickson.

It’s completely ludicrous,” the boy’s father, John Janczewski, told EAGNews. “Are they nuts in the head? How can the union file a grievance and back a child molester? We’re very upset about it.”

The union has acknowledged taking Erickson’s case to arbitration on behalf of the disgraced educator, but declined to elaborate.

“We don’t make a practice of discussing any case,” MEA’s Ron Parkinson told the website. “It’s based on contractual compliance and that’s really all I can say. We filed for arbitration [Friday].”

Janczewski said he’s now committed to do whatever he can to stop the delivery of the severance package, money that he claims should instead be destined for his son.

“We as a family in no way is going to let this happen,” he said. “I mean, a child molester paid to molest a student? He doesn’t deserve it. I don’t think the union wants the publicity we’ll bring on this.”

In September, FoxNews.com reported that enrollment in the West Branch-Rose City School District was unofficially down 87 percent following a tumultuous summer in which angry parents blasted teachers for writing letters in support of Erickson. When the school board declined to take action against the teachers, many parents vowed to pull their kids out of the public schools, which have a total enrollment of roughly 2,000 students.

“I can’t speculate as to why the students have left, but there were certainly parents who vocalized that they were pulling their children out of school because of the teacher’s support,” West Branch-Rose City School Superintendent Daniel Cwayna told FoxNews.com in September. “We addressed the issue as best we could without infringing upon the teacher’s first amendment rights. There’s only so much we can do.”
    - If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meetzos For This Useful Post:

EO 11110 (12-12-2013), noctis lucis caelum (12-12-2013)

3. Post #2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,929 Times in 1,239 Posts

Default Re: Union seeks severance for teacher convicted of raping student

Sure, I'd give him severance, his head from his body, with an axe.
    "The two most common substances in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity."

Be the Organ Grinder, not the Monkey.

A Trillion Dollars is a stack of $100 bills, 679 miles high.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Argentium For This Useful Post:

ArkWv (12-13-2013), Goldhedge (12-12-2013), Meetzos (12-12-2013), phideaux (12-12-2013)

5. Post #3

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner
    Thanks

sounds like time for a broom handle.

6. Post #4

Thanks
    Thanked 4,223 Times in 2,378 Posts

[QUOTE=Meetzos;650791]So these are the types of educators running the asylum. Sad these unions protect perverts at all costs. QUOTE]

those teacher unions are only in the communist states -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	right-to-work-map.gif 
Views:	88 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	51592

notice any correlation?

Name:	final-electoral-map-2012-obama-romney.jpg 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	51594
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2012-09-18-at-6-46-44-pm.png  
    "Only a FOOL would let his enemy teach his children" Malcom X

"When misguided public opinion honors what is despicable and despises what is honorable, punishes virtue and rewards vice, encourages what is harmful and discourages what is useful, applauds falsehood and smothers truth under indifference or insult, a nation turns its back on progress and can be restored only by the terrible lessons of catastrophe." … Frederic Bastiat

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EO 11110 For This Useful Post:

Meetzos (12-13-2013), noctis lucis caelum (12-12-2013), Treasure Searcher (12-13-2013)

8. Post #5

Gold Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=EO 11110;650826]
    Quote Originally Posted by Meetzos View Post
    So these are the types of educators running the asylum. Sad these unions protect perverts at all costs. QUOTE]

notice any correlation?

Right to work = right to lower wages

9. Post #6

Thanks
    Thanked 15,763 Times in 7,388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argentium View Post
    Sure, I'd give him severance, his head from his body, with an axe.

I'm old-fashioned, I prefer the guillotine.
    " 'The problem' is, uh, I'm the president of the United States;
    I'm not, uh, the emperor of the United States."

-- Barrack Hussein Soetoro Soebarkah Obama Shama-Lama-Ding-Dong the Magnificent! - 02/17/13

10. Post #7

Thanks
    Thanked 15,763 Times in 7,388 Posts

[QUOTE=dirt to oil;650842]
    Quote Originally Posted by EO 11110 View Post

right to work = right to prove to potential employers than you are worth more than you are currently being paid by your current employer.
    " 'The problem' is, uh, I'm the president of the United States;
    I'm not, uh, the emperor of the United States."

-- Barrack Hussein Soetoro Soebarkah Obama Shama-Lama-Ding-Dong the Magnificent! - 02/17/13

11. Post #8

Thanks

[QUOTE=dirt to oil;650842]

and right to lower costs/prices why pay double for the same teacher?
    Last edited by EO 11110; 12-13-2013 at 01:44 AM.

"When misguided public opinion honors what is despicable and despises what is honorable, punishes virtue and rewards vice, encourages what is harmful and discourages what is useful, applauds falsehood and smothers truth under indifference or insult, a nation turns its back on progress and can be restored only by the terrible lessons of catastrophe." … Frederic Bastiat

12. Post #9

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 750 Posts

Nothing to worry about. When Bubba in prison, gets done with this former teacher, justice will be served.
    The US Government was designed to prevent people from killing and stealing our property.

But today, the government kills and takes our property.

13. Post #10

Silver Member
    Thanks

WV is forced union for sure, ask some of the locals who offered to be flaggers for $10 an hour. The union flaggers (out-of-staters) were making $30 an hour. Nothing like get laughed at.

14. Post #11

Thanks

For those of you unfamiliar with law, if the union does not represent the piece of crap, the union could well be sued instead. If the school district does the paper work correctly, the piece of crap should get nothing. Castration with rusty knife is in order...
    Here silver fishie, fishie, fishie...

15. Post #12

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by latemetal View Post
    For those of you unfamiliar with law, if the union does not represent the piece of crap, the union could well be sued instead. If the school district does the paper work correctly, the piece of crap should get nothing. Castration with rusty knife is in order...
    Legal to protect oneself except this from his co workers kind of makes one wonder as to the others in that system.

The prison term came over the pleas of seven of Erickson's former fellow teachers at Rose City Middle School, including Sally Campbell, who said in a letter to the judge that “Neal made a mistake. He allowed a mutual friendship to develop into much more."
    - If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

16. Post #13

Gold Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=EO 11110;650870]
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt to oil View Post

and right to lower costs/prices why pay double for the same teacher?
    why work for half wages

you see it depends on which side of the coin you are on

you seem to like to have everyone except for yourself to work for less then the problems of the economy would be solved

but the truth is its the banksters who have caused the problems with the economy not teachers

its easy to sit back and say they don't do enough to warrant their wage , because their job is way easier than mine

but If we had payed them nothing at all , we would still be in this mess, their wage is many many magnitudes less than what the

banksters steal to the point of being statistically insignificant in the problems of the economy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dirt to oil For This Useful Post:

Brio (12-14-2013)

18. Post #14

Thanks

[QUOTE=dirt to oil;651150]

why work for half wages

you see it depends on which side of the coin you are on

you seem to like to have everyone except for yourself to work for less then the problems of the economy would be solved

but the truth is its the banksters who have caused the problems with the economy not teachers

its easy to sit back and say they don't do enough to warrant their wage , because their job is way easier than mine

but If we had payed them nothing at all , we would still be in this mess, their wage is many many magnitudes less than what the

banksters steal to the point of being statistically insignificant in the problems of the economy
    Stop paying union dues and ya get a nice raise right off the get go.
    " We all want to go to heaven but no one wants to die "

19. Post #15

Gold Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=mtnclimberjim;651633]

Stop paying union dues and ya get a nice raise right off the get go.
    a little cognoscente disconnect there

dues are not that high less than 1.5% of my wage ( tax deductible)

but I could work non union for 33% less , ya that makes sense, get rid of the nasty union and their dues

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dirt to oil For This Useful Post:

Silver Buck (12-14-2013)

21. Post #16

Silver Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=EO 11110;650826]
    So these are the types of educators running the asylum. Sad these unions protect perverts at all costs. QUOTE]

notice any correlation?

Sure do notice a correlation! The non union, right to work states are the poorest, least educated of any in the Union. They're havens for toxic dumping, bad wages, low skilled jobs, abysmal student achievement. With the case of Alabama, they had a whole county go bankrupt, and they don't have collective bargaining for public employees, the sine qua non of unions. Thanks for the graphic....

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illatease For This Useful Post:

dirt to oil (12-14-2013), latemetal (12-14-2013)

23. Post #17

Thanks

Sure do notice a correlation! The non union, right to work states are the poorest, least educated of any in the Union. They're havens for toxic dumping, bad wages, low skilled jobs, abysmal student achievement. With the case of Alabama, they had a whole county go bankrupt, and they don't have collective bargaining for public employees, the sine qua non of unions. Thanks for the graphic....

Lets see I believe Detroit is.... was one of the most heavily unionized cities. Isn't that in Michagan? Camden NJ another in the blue column and lets not forget Illinois swerling around the bowl. Oh and one large city in Ca. in the dumper.

24. Post #18

Thanks

[QUOTE=dirt to oil;651709]
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnclimberjim View Post

a little cognoscente disconnect there

dues are not that high less than 1.5% of my wage ( tax deductible)

but I could work non union for 33% less , ya that makes sense, get rid of the nasty union and their dues
    don't look...but your dues might be used to support the globalist scum (if your union is of any size)

I too am in a union -- one of the largest in the US. they have no gag reflex....global warming, welfare orgy, destruction of merit in favor or race-based hiring, illegal alien amnesty, etc -- basically they push everything that comes out of obomba/Pelosi/hellary/gore's mouth

25. Post #19

Thanks

Lets see I believe Detroit is.... was one of the most heavily unionized cities. Isn't that in Michagan? Camden NJ another in the blue column and lets not forget Illinois swerling around the bowl. Oh and one large city in Ca. in the dumper.
    the slow motion train-wreck is not to be spoken of -

26. The Following User Says Thank You to EO 11110 For This Useful Post:

Meetzos (12-14-2013)

27. Post #20

Thanks

[QUOTE=illatease;651748]

surely you're not claiming that unions are the reason for your above claims

28. Post #21

Silver Member
    Thanks

So, you seem to be onto something there, Sparky. That being, unions really aren't the problem. States that have no unions are the poorest in the nation, states that have unions are in terrible shape. That should lead you to think a little bit more profoundly, and that is, UNIONS AREN'T THE PROBLEM!!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people? How many times are going to make this same stupid mistake, and say the same stupid things? Union membership is lower than what it was in 1912. About 7% of all private workers are unionized, 5% of public employees are rank and file. Whole swaths of the economy have no unions, e.g., financial services. It's apparent that many of yass have no idea what it is you're posting...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to illatease For This Useful Post:

dirt to oil (12-14-2013)

30. Post #22

Silver Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=EO 11110;652110]
    Quote Originally Posted by illatease View Post

surely you're not claiming that unions are the reason for your above claims
    Surely, you have no idea what it is you're posting. See my earlier post….

31. Post #23

Thanks

[QUOTE=illatease;652141]

Surely, you have no idea what it is you're posting. See my earlier post….
    this idiotic claim needs no explanation, let's enjoy it again without further comment:

"Sure do notice a correlation! The non union, right to work states are the poorest, least educated of any in the Union. They're havens for toxic dumping, bad wages, low skilled jobs, abysmal student achievement. With the case of Alabama, they had a whole county go bankrupt, and they don't have collective bargaining for public employees, the sine qua non of unions. Thanks for the graphic...."

32. Post #24

Thanks

So, you seem to be onto something there, Sparky. That being, unions really aren't the problem. States that have no unions are the poorest in the nation, states that have unions are in terrible shape. That should lead you to think a little bit more profoundly, and that is, UNIONS AREN'T THE PROBLEM!!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people? How many times are going to make this same stupid mistake, and say the same stupid things? Union membership is lower than what it was in 1912. About 7% of all private workers are unionized, 5% of public employees are rank and file. Whole swaths of the economy have no unions, e.g., financial services. It's apparent that many of yass have no idea what it is you're posting...
    Yea I'm on to something chief all these states and cities with the big union problems are goverment employees unionized, and they are pushing for the grandoise pensions no body can afford.

33. Post #25

Gold Member
    Thanks

what he said

34. Post #26

Thanks

[QUOTE=illatease;651748]

those communist states are also overrepresented in the homosexual realm

perhaps if the capitalist states would smoke more pole?

same dumbf-ck logic

35. Post #27

Gold Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=EO 11110;652153]

those communist states are also overrepresented in the homosexual realm

perhaps if the capitalist states would smoke more pole?

same dumbf-ck logic
    what are you trying to say

cant make much sense out of this

36. Post #28

Thanks

[QUOTE=dirt to oil;652161]

what are you trying to say

cant make much sense out of this
    making fun of dumbazz's correlation/causation handicap

i should be ashamed....

37. Post #29

Silver Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=EO 11110;652146]

this idiotic claim needs no explanation, let's enjoy it again without further comment:

"Sure do notice a correlation! The non union, right to work states are the poorest, least educated of any in the Union. They're havens for toxic dumping, bad wages, low skilled jobs, abysmal student achievement. With the case of Alabama, they had a whole county go bankrupt, and they don't have collective bargaining for public employees, the sine qua non of unions. Thanks for the graphic...."
    You lose....and it's apparent you haven't a clue what a smart explanation would be...

38. Post #30

Silver Member
    Thanks

Yea I'm on to something chief all these states and cities with the big union problems are goverment employees unionized, and they are pushing for the grandoise pensions no body can afford.
    You have NO idea what you're posting. Detroit's average pension for its nonuniform employees is $19,000/year, for LEO's/fire, its $30,000. That's hardly grandiose. For some other cities, there are much worse pension obligations, but if you think that the amount that Detroit is paying for its former employees is too much, you have not a clue....

39. Post #31

Silver Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=EO 11110;652164]

making fun of dumbazz's correlation/causation handicap

i should be ashamed....
    You should be ashamed for being shown up as not knowing much of anything....