Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now

Thread: Federal water cut off to California farms

1. Post #1

Gold Member
    Thanks

Default Federal water cut off to California farms

2. Post #2

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,183 Times in 2,726 Posts

Default Re: Federal water cut off to California farms

Well they did vote the anointed one twice, so have a nice day ca.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to southfork For This Useful Post:

ArkWv (02-21-2014), Irons (02-21-2014), Ragnarok (02-21-2014)

4. Post #3

Deep Sixed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,329 Times in 7,482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southfork View Post
    Attachment 57080 Attachment 57080 Attachment 57080 Attachment 57080

Well put brother South. Elect a bunch of freaking moonbats to run your state then don't cry when it falls flat on it's face.

I always wondered if California is so dry why aren't they desalinating ocean water and selling it to other dry states in the area?

You got coastline, you have need and supposably the best minds so how about y'all stop frying birds in the desert with mirrors and figure a way to clean ocean water cheaply with solar and wind power.

IS IT THAT GODDAM DIFFICULT???????

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irons For This Useful Post:

ArkWv (02-22-2014), JFN111 (02-22-2014), Ragnarok (02-21-2014), Scorpio (02-22-2014)

6. Post #4

Getting Acclimated Prospector
    Thanks

I wonder how the fairways and greens are holding up in Cali?.......

Obama Plays Water-Guzzling Desert Golf Courses Amid California Drought

Read more: Obama Plays Water-Guzzling Desert Golf Courses Amid California Drought | TIME.com http://swampland.time.com/2014/02/17...#ixzz2u0cpVCqM

President Barack Obama traveled to California on Friday to highlight the stateís drought emergency at two events near Fresno, calling for shared sacrifice to help manage the stateís worst water shortage in decades. He then spent the rest of the weekend enjoying the hospitality of some of the stateís top water hogs: desert golf courses.

Vacationing with DVDs of his favorite television shows and multiple golf outings with his buddies, the duffer in chief played at two of the most exclusive courses in the Palm Springs area. On Saturday, Obama played at the Sunnylands estate, built by the late billionaire Walter Annenberg, which features a nine-hole course that is played like 18 holes. The following day he golfed at billionaire Oracle founder Larry Ellisonís 19-hole Porcupine Creek. On Presidentsí Day, Obama hit the links at Sunnylands once again.

The 124 golf courses in the Coachella Valley consume roughly 17% of all water there, and one-quarter of the water pumped out of the regionís at-risk groundwater aquifer, according to the Coachella Valley Water District. Statewide, roughly 1% of water goes to keep golf courses green. Each of the 124 Coachella Valley courses, on average, uses nearly 1 million gallons (3.8 million L) a day because of the hot and dry climate, three to four times more water per day than the average American golf course.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spinalcracker For This Useful Post:

ArkWv (02-22-2014), Aurumag (02-22-2014), Ragnarok (02-21-2014)

8. Post #5

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,852 Posts

Somehow I don't think the Founding Fathers envisioned "Federal water". I wonder what it tastes like.
    -------------------------------
    Words can be used to convey information and words can be used to prevent information from being conveyed

In a corrupt society, the truth can be found in what is forbidden to say

9. Post #6

Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spinalcracker View Post

Did anyone really think he came out here to see thousands of square miles of dry dirt? He doesn't give a tinker's damn about us/anything else but himself.

Better get your canning/FD food preps put aside now, because when harvest time rolls around everyone is going to find out just how much food DIDN'T come from Cali this year.

2c,
    R.
    "Walk the gold trails of my good friend, do I. On my feet are "strong sole" of thick leather, purchased with much knowledge of physical gold. These shoes not go bare before our journey is done. On trail I see your "thin sole" gold investments cast aside and scavenged by beasts." - ANOTHER (THOUGHTS!) (04/14/01; 18:08:54MT - #: 51887)

Personal best on calm water: SAE - 32 skips. GAE - 21 skips.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:

spinalcracker (02-22-2014)

11. Post #7

Gold Member+
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 819 Posts

Read more: Obama Plays Water-Guzzling Desert Golf Courses Amid California Drought | TIME.com http://swampland.time.com/2014/02/17...#ixzz2u0cpVCqM

President Barack Obama traveled to California on Friday to highlight the stateís drought emergency at two events near Fresno, calling for shared sacrifice to help manage the stateís worst water shortage in decades. He then spent the rest of the weekend enjoying the hospitality of some of the stateís top water hogs: desert golf courses.

Vacationing with DVDs of his favorite television shows and multiple golf outings with his buddies, the duffer in chief played at two of the most exclusive courses in the Palm Springs area. On Saturday, Obama played at the Sunnylands estate, built by the late billionaire Walter Annenberg, which features a nine-hole course that is played like 18 holes. The following day he golfed at billionaire Oracle founder Larry Ellisonís 19-hole Porcupine Creek. On Presidentsí Day, Obama hit the links at Sunnylands once again.

The 124 golf courses in the Coachella Valley consume roughly 17% of all water there, and one-quarter of the water pumped out of the regionís at-risk groundwater aquifer, according to the Coachella Valley Water District. Statewide, roughly 1% of water goes to keep golf courses green. Each of the 124 Coachella Valley courses, on average, uses nearly 1 million gallons (3.8 million L) a day because of the hot and dry climate, three to four times more water per day than the average American golf course.
    In my state in the 1970's, a (now closed) Army installation was going to have a big General visiting. Problem was, the grass dried up from a lack of water. Part of the drought stricken lawn, was painted with green paint to make things look great for the General.

Its all about priorities and appearances.
    The US Government was designed to prevent people from killing and stealing our property.

But today, the government kills and takes our property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Treasure Searcher For This Useful Post:

13. Post #8

Thanks
    Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,368 Posts

My favorite local cattle pasture is a fallow golf course, zoned for a housing development that never happened.

I smile every time I pass by.

Golf vs. Food Production...

This should prove to be a very interesting year for us Californicators.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Peacefully engaging in "Economic Domestic Terrorism" since 2004.

If We the People fail to independently audit Fort Knox, then how will we know the amount of Tungsten backing the FRN?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aurumag For This Useful Post:

15. Post #9

Thanks
    Thanked 2,050 Times in 980 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southfork View Post
    Whilst I get what you are saying. Yet remember, it's the liberal city folk that are electing these dumb asses. the rural folks who are mostly affected have no voice. living in Washington state I can understand how many of the reasonable people of California must feel.

It's ok to starve the farmer....
    The Californian ecologist immigrants have made their way into my small valley in the last 20 years teaching local farmers how to go bankrupt.
    I spent my whole childhood either having great fun, or sitting in the corner.