Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney Gold Is Money -- Gold is Money -  The Premier Gold and Silver Forum -- Goldismoney
Welcome Guest, is this your first visit?
Register today to gain access to all of our features which include creating topics, replying back to posts, private messaging and much more!

What are you waiting for?
Already Joined?
Sign into your account now
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

1. Post #151

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner
    Thanks

Default Re: Breaking: Malaysia Airlines loses contact with passenger jet

My gut tells me the plane was taken somewhere outside the search area and either crashed, ditched, or landed somewhere unknown. Maybe the crew was in on it? If it went down, even in a high speed straight in dive, there would be debris. I highly doubt an intact ditching was accomplished as this is a very difficult manuever but not impossible. There no radio calls or distress signals. Fuel wise that airplane carries thousands of gallons and even with low altitude high fuel burns it can go a very long ways and further than you think if they flew low enough to get into realm of reduced drag due to ground effect. This is what helped Doolittle's raid on Tokyo when they had to takeoff earlier than expected.

Now, the bigger question is why? Espionage of some sort is my guess. Maybe there was a chinese double agent on it trying to get out of dodge, or a spy they wanted to question. Who knows? Someone knows something and they just are silent on the matter until they are satisfied and have what they want. Then the debris will all of a sudden the aircraft or a debris field will be found.

My opinion on chemtrails is biased. I do not believe that commercial airliners are spraying anything other that exhaust.

BP

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bushpilot For This Useful Post:

Unca Walt (03-12-2014)

3. Post #152

Midas Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,495 Times in 2,332 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpilot View Post
    My gut tells me the plane was taken somewhere outside the search area and either crashed, ditched, or landed somewhere unknown. Maybe the crew was in on it? If it went down, even in a high speed straight in dive, there would be debris. I highly doubt an intact ditching was accomplished as this is a very difficult manuever but not impossible. There no radio calls or distress signals. Fuel wise that airplane carries thousands of gallons and even with low altitude high fuel burns it can go a very long ways and further than you think if they flew low enough to get into realm of reduced drag due to ground effect. This is what helped Doolittle's raid on Tokyo when they had to takeoff earlier than expected.

Now, the bigger question is why? Espionage of some sort is my guess. Maybe there was a chinese double agent on it trying to get out of dodge, or a spy they wanted to question. Who knows? Someone knows something and they just are silent on the matter until they are satisfied and have what they want. Then the debris will all of a sudden the aircraft or a debris field will be found.

My opinion on chemtrails is biased. I do not believe that commercial airliners are spraying anything other that exhaust.

BP
    Why opens conspiracy theories......Opinions. Tech info, the meat. I maintain someone knows where the fuselage is, just are not saying until it can be in a position to recover the carcass. CVR and DFDR will answer most questions. 2 sonar pingers emitting, maybe 4, ( portable handheld ELT's), not many agencies have equipment to zero in on sonar.....US Navy to the rescue?

4. Post #153

Thanks

If the airframe did not crash or ditch, there are no pings to be found. This makes the most sense out of the little info that i see out there. I agree, someone knows something, but who and why they aren't talking is the mystery.

With the right knowledge you can make commercial airliner less visible to radar and fly low enough to avoid it. The data that can be linked to from the ground can be disabled.

Only if the black boxes ended up in very deep water would there be no signals from them, it would take a ship towing a deep sonar listening device to find it ala Air France.

Bp

5. Post #154

Thanks
    Thanked 5,332 Times in 2,557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 917601 View Post
    Let's get you plugged in, thoughts, $ even $ 100 squares. My square, as of today, reads " ditched intact then doors and outflow valves full opened, sunk , no debris". That of course does not account for panic stricken passengers, but that's my square. Welcome aboard, a bush pilot? I would like to hear your Chemtrail thoughts.......in another thread.
    I agree. They could have ditched the plane and then not hit the ditching switch. Outflow valves wide open and down it goes.
    The only bear market in history in which demand is rising and prices falling.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahillock For This Useful Post:

Unca Walt (03-12-2014)

7. Post #155

Thanks

I highly doubt that in your ditching scenario not one passenger or flight attendant would open a door or emergency exit and inflate a liferaft. Just seems the least plausible to me.

BP

8. Post #156

Thanks
    Thanked 17,484 Times in 8,122 Posts

Slightly OT

Anybody remember James Bond in Thunderball? A body-double of the pilot hijacks a NATO bomber and "lands" it under water so the bad guys can steal the two nuke bombs on board.

Maybe there were tons of gold in the cargo hold of that Malaysian 777.

Never mind, carry on.
    " 'The problem' is, uh, I'm the president of the United States;
    I'm not, uh, the emperor of the United States."

-- Barrack Hussein Soetoro Soebarkah Obama Shama-Lama-Ding-Dong the Magnificent! - 02/17/13

9. Post #157

Thanks

I highly doubt that in your ditching scenario not one passenger or flight attendant would open a door or emergency exit and inflate a liferaft. Just seems the least plausible to me.

BP
    If they hit the water at and angle and wet straight down, would the plane be able to stay mostly intact without wings and horizontal + vertical stabilizers breaking off?

10. Post #158

Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 850 Posts

Listening to Tom Sullivan's radio show right now. He's saying that the 20 employees of a Texas Semiconductor company, who were on board flight 370, are somehow involved, or working on an electronic "cloaking" project for the company. Also, that China is working on this technology in a big way right now. I apologize for the generalities, there aren't many specifics involved, just like the rest of this missing plane story.
    "A Man's Got To Know His Limitations" Dirty Harry Callahan

11. Post #159

Thanks
    Thanked 3,877 Times in 1,824 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ahillock View Post
    Interpol secretary general Ronald K. Noble said the organization is testing how to give airlines — rather than just border control authorities — the ability to tap into the database directly.

Only a handful of countries actively use the database, including the United States, France, the United Arab Emirates and Switzerland.

Noble said more than 1 billion times last year, travelers boarded planes without their passports being checked against the Lyon-based police body’s database of 40 million stolen or lost travel documents.

Not doubting that this is true, but still wondering how this can be true.

I mean, really? "testing how to give airlines the ability to tap into databases?" Probably would take at least 1990's technology....lol.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." - Carlos Castaneda

12. Post #160

Thanks

If they hit the water at and angle and wet straight down, would the plane be able to stay mostly intact without wings and horizontal + vertical stabilizers breaking off?
    More than likely not. My best guess is one in 5 million would it land perfectly and then sink. Way more impossible than possible. And even then, the g loads and water should set off at least one of the beacons, which are tracked by satellite but not with 100% 24 hour coverage.

BP

13. Post #161

Midas Member
    Thanks

I agree. They could have ditched the plane and then not hit the ditching switch. Outflow valves wide open and down it goes.
    There is no " ditching switch", when immersed in water it starts pinging. CVR and DFDR have 2 external , water activated pingers on them, in the aft galley overhead.Also, on the 777 the aircraft ELT is armed on TO, disabled when squat switches show ground. Let's solve this by " what can not happen", separate ,independent, non controllable fail safe systems, with their own separate power supply ( batteries), with a long, long , long expiration date on them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 917601 For This Useful Post:

LarsonLarsen (03-11-2014)

15. Post #162

Modal Operator/Moderator Goldhedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,362 Times in 7,027 Posts

Let's not forget that we're all speculating on limited info...

It's like "investing" in the market... Someone is always better "connected" than the rest.

I'm surprised our government NSA with all their spy gear around the world hasn't spoken up...?

They sure spilled the beans when the Russians shot down KAL 007 over Sakaline Islands...
    "...a Republic, if you can keep it!" Ben Franklin

Derivatives are contracts whose value is derived from stocks, bonds, loans, currencies and
    commodities, or linked to specific events such as changes in interest rates or the weather.

"Money is the future idea of value." Armstrong

"Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance." Sun Tzu
    Be the change you want to see in the world. Gandhi

16. Post #163

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner Darkside's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goldhedge View Post
    Let's not forget that we're all speculating on limited info...

It's like "investing" in the market... Someone is always better "connected" than the rest.

I'm surprised our government NSA with all their spy gear around the world hasn't spoken up...?

They sure spilled the beans when the Russians shot down KAL 007 over Sakaline Islands...
    Their silence is telling enough.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkside For This Useful Post:

Goldhedge (03-11-2014)

18. Post #164

Clad in Platinum Miner Has Hole In Ground
    Thanks

There is no " ditching switch", when immersed in water it starts pinging. CVR and DFDR have 2 external , water activated pingers on them, in the aft galley overhead.Also, on the 777 the aircraft ELT is armed on TO, disabled when squat switches show ground. Let's solve this by " what can not happen", separate ,independent, non controllable fail safe systems, with their own separate power supply ( batteries), with a long, long , long expiration date on them.
    I believe he is referring to the ditching switch that closes external valves to help the plane float a little longer.
    As Newton said, for every male action, there is an unequal and opposite female overreaction.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

Ahillock (03-11-2014)

20. Post #165

Thanks

Speculating on what happened is what keeps life interesting. Time should tell.

BP

21. Post #166

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unca Walt View Post
    MrLucky -- I'm a pilot, too. Nowhere near the level of Numbers (just a "weekend warrior").

But I just have to point out that you were shown by Numbers that he does not get his conclusions by being spoonfed by duplicitous media. You were shown he is a very highly trained professional IN the industry.
    His response was full of "attitude". I made a simple statement, he attacked. I responded in kind.

I'm sure he's plenty qualified (actually rather impressive), as are you. I'm nowhere near as qualified, but I'm still entitled to post my opinion without expecting malice in return.
    "This is GIM, do you really think that sounds paranoid to any of us."

22. Post #167

Thanks

There is no " ditching switch"
    You are right it isn't a switch but a button. Sorry for mixing that up. This is what I am talking about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	58104

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahillock For This Useful Post:

Bigfoot (03-12-2014), Unca Walt (03-12-2014)

24. Post #168

Thanks

Its actually called a switchlight. I know, it doesn't make sense, but it is a pushbutton (switch) that is usually lit for on and dark for off.

BP

25. Post #169

Midas Member
    Thanks

Speculating on what happened is what keeps life interesting. Time should tell.

BP
    Yes, an official story will emerge.

26. Post #170

Thanks

Its actually called a switchlight. I know, it doesn't make sense, but it is a pushbutton (switch) that is usually lit for on and dark for off.

BP
    Cool. Thanks for explaining that.

Anyone remember the Korean Air flight 007 in 1983?

27. Post #171

Thanks

And what a story it will be? The truth? Probably not.

BP

28. Post #172

Thanks

I prefer the old style toggle switches to the new modern switchlights. A toggle switch gives you instant feedback on its position, the switchlights do stay indented slightly, but I am forever wondering if its in and on or not. Might have something to with my large sausage like fingers. But then again maybe not.

BP

29. Post #173

Midas Member
    Thanks

Revision 101......consulting my old 777 training manuals, the ELB guarded switch on the overhead does have an off position. Egypt airlines crash as mentioned before enters the ping pong table. However, if manually turned off by the cockpit crew, it still does not explain the CVR, DFDR and 2 handhelds not emitting, unless it did not exceed g switching or water immersion( did not crash). I want to buy another $ 100 square on a long shot, crew in on it, darn it, you pushed me into the rabbit hole.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to 917601 For This Useful Post:

Unca Walt (03-12-2014)

31. Post #174

Thanks

FWIW

Major Updates in Malaysia Airlines Mystery: New Information Could Change Everything

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (TheBlaze/AP) — The Malaysian military has radar data showing the missing Boeing 777 jetliner changed course and made it to the Malacca Strait, hundreds of kilometers (miles) from the last position recorded by civilian authorities, according to a senior military official.

The development injects more mystery into the investigation of the disappearance of Saturday’s flight, and raises questions about why the aircraft was not transmitting signals detectable by civilian radar.

Reuters put it more bluntly:

That would appear to rule out sudden catastrophic mechanical failure, as it would mean the plane flew around 500 km (350 miles) at least after its last contact with air traffic control, although its transponder and other tracking systems were off.

A Google Map shows the plane’s original flight path, while the dashed line shows where the plane last made contact and where officials are now searching for it. *Note: The dashed line is not meant to indicate a possible flight path. (Source: Google Maps/TheBlaze)

Local newspaper Berita Harian quoted Malaysian air force chief Gen. Rodzali Daud as saying radar at a military base had detected the airliner at 2:40 a.m. near Pulau Perak at the northern approach to the strait, a busy waterway that separates the western coast of Malaysia and Indonesia’s Sumatra island.

“After that, the signal from the plane was lost,” he was quoted as saying.

A high-ranking military official involved in the investigation confirmed the report and also said the plane was believed to be flying low. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the information.

“It changed course after Kota Bharu and took a lower altitude. It made it into the Malacca Strait,” a senior military officer told Reuters.

Authorities had earlier said the plane, which took off at 12:20 a.m. and was headed to Beijing, may have attempted to turn back to Kuala Lumpur, but they expressed surprise that it would do so without informing ground control.

The search for the plane was initially focused on waters between the eastern coast of Malaysia and Vietnam, the position where aviation authorities last tracked it. No trace of the plane, which was carrying 239 people, has been found by more than 40 planes and ships from at least 10 nations searching the area.

Video here

Now, it seems, all explanations are on the table — especially as some family members are claiming calls to their lost loved ones return ringing cell phones.

“Maybe somebody on the flight has bought a huge sum of insurance, who wants family to gain from it or somebody who has owed somebody so much money, you know, we are looking at all possibilities,” Malaysian police chief Khalid Abu Bakar told a news conference, according to Reuters.

“We are looking very closely at the video footage taken at the KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport), we are studying the behavioral pattern of all the passengers.”

Earlier Tuesday, Malaysia Airlines said in a statement that search and rescue teams had expanded their scope to the Malacca Strait. An earlier statement said the western coast of Malaysia was “now the focus,” but the airline subsequently said that phrase was an oversight. It didn’t elaborate. Civil aviation chief Azharuddin Abdul Rahman said the search remained “on both sides” of the country.

Also Tuesday, authorities said two people who boarded the flight using stolen passports were Iranians who had purchased tickets to Europe. Their use of stolen documents had raised speculation of a possible terrorist link.

Khalid said investigators had determined one was a 19-year-old Iranian, Pouria Nourmohammadi Mehrdad, and that it seemed likely he was planning to migrate to Germany.

“We believe he is not likely to be a member of any terrorist group,” he said.

Interpol identified the second man as Seyed Mohammed Reza Delavar, a 29-year-old Iranian, and released an image of the two boarding a plane at the same time. Interpol Secretary General Ronald K. Noble said the two men traveled to Malaysia on their Iranian passports, then apparently switched to their stolen Austrian and Italian documents.

Pictures of the two men, a 19-year old Iranian, identified by Malaysian police as Pouria
    Nour Mohammad Mehrdad, left, and the man on the right, his identity still not released, who
    boarded the now missing Malaysia Airlines jet MH370 with stolen passports, is held up by a
    Malaysian policewoman during a press conference, Tuesday, March 11, 2014 in Sepang,
    Malaysia. One of the two men traveling on a missing Malaysian Airlines jetliner was an
    Iranian asylum seeker, officials said Tuesday, as baffled authorities expanded their search
    for the Boeing 777 on the opposite side of the country from where it disappeared nearly four
    days ago with 239 people on board.(AP Photo/Wong Maye-E)

He said speculation of terrorism appeared to be dying down “as the belief becomes more certain that these two individuals were probably not terrorists.” He appealed to the public for more information about them.

Noble said neither of the men had a criminal record.

Malaysia Airlines, meanwhile, said it is investigating an Australian television report that the co-pilot on the missing plane had invited two women into the cockpit during a flight two years ago.

Jonti Roos described the encounter on Australia’s “A Current Affair.” The airline said it wouldn’t comment until its investigation is complete.

Roos said she and her friend were allowed to stay in the cockpit during the entire one-hour flight on Dec. 14, 2011, from Phuket, Thailand, to Kuala Lumpur. She said the arrangement did not seem unusual to the plane’s crew.

“Throughout the entire flight, they were talking to us and they were actually smoking throughout the flight,” Roos said.

Roos didn’t immediately reply to a message sent to her via Facebook.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...n=ShareButtons

Derivatives are contracts whose value is derived from stocks, bonds, loans, currencies and
    commodities, or linked to specific events such as changes in interest rates or the weather.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goldhedge For This Useful Post:

917601 (03-11-2014), Bigfoot (03-12-2014)

33. Post #175

Midas Member
    Thanks

Darn it, I do not like distractions when reloading, do not worry, I will find it......only 2,139 more pages to search.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

34. Post #176

Midas Member
    Thanks

Almost there.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

35. The Following User Says Thank You to 917601 For This Useful Post:

Shortstack (03-11-2014)

36. Post #177

Thanks
    Thanked 5,668 Times in 3,114 Posts

drudge.com has some interesting links:

Malaysian plane last tracked hundreds of miles off course...

MILITARY: Jet made it across ocean...

Conflicting Radar Reports Cloud Search...

Hunt Area Widens...

Aviation Expert: 'They're Looking Every Which Place But Where Airplane Might Be'...

China deploys 10 satellites to help in search...

Investigators skeptical of terrorism...

Iranian Lawmaker Accuses USA of 'Kidnapping' Plane...

ABCNEWS: Last Day of Passengers With Stolen Passports...

Passengers' smartphones are still ACTIVE?

BOEING warned of computer takeover of 777...
    The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. - Patrick Henry

Bad men cannot make good citizens. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience are incompatible with freedom. - Patrick Henry

The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home. - James Madison

37. Post #178

Thanks

Can we go over and create a list of possible reasons of what happened and the probability.

1) Explosion of some sort, either bomb, missile or center fuel tank that destroyed the airplane: unlikely as no wreckage has been found as of yet. Might change likely hood when or if airplane is found.

2) Mechanical issue or weather related: no mayday call or signs of distress. Flight continued flying after civilian ATC lost contact with the flight and went another ~500 km. Might change likely hood when or if airplane is found.

3) Hi-jacking of some sort by outsiders: Again, no signs of distress by pilots however the flight did make a U-turn. But no signs of the flight at all since then. Would be a strange hi-jacking by bad guys.

4) Hi-jacking of some sort by pilot(s)/crew or pilot suicide: No signs of distress, but if pilot(s) or crew were in on it, that would make sense. Pilot(s) would have the knowledge of how to turn off transponder to avoid being tracked by civilian ATC and possibly how to evade military radar from knowing their location. But again, what happened to the flight? As mentioned, flying low would burn a lot of fuel and eventually they would need to land or ditch the plane somewhere.

Any other theories or ideas include?

38. Post #179

Thanks
    Thanked 1,908 Times in 772 Posts

So the transponder is disabled, communication ceases, then military radar tracked it nearly 180 degrees to the other side of the island. Did the airliner then leave the airspace monitored by the military, or did the trail go blank?

I'm still thinking this is a hijack, the purpose of which will play out in the next couple weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if an international organization (government) was behind it, and it also wouldn't surprise me if this Boeing 777 is what they really wanted for their plans -- not the hostages. But I wouldn't rule out a false flag to bait a war with Iran.
    For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace;
    and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff;
    and the day that is coming will set them ablaze
    so that it will leave them neither root nor branch.
    Without prejudice. All rights reserved

39. Post #180

Thanks

When isn't "an international organization (government)...behind it,"?

40. Post #181

Thanks

Explain this:

One of the most eerie rumors came after a few relatives said they were able to call the cellphones of their loved ones or find them on a Chinese instant messenger service called QQ that indicated that their phones were still somehow online.

A migrant worker in the room said that several other workers from his company were on the plane, including his brother-in-law. Among them, the QQ accounts of three still showed that they were online, he said Sunday afternoon.

Adding to the mystery, other relatives in the room said that when they dialed some passengers’ numbers, they seemed to get ringing tones on the other side even though the calls were not picked up.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...d06_story.html

41. Post #182

Thanks

Maybe part of the reason earlier we were confused about location of where contact with flight was lost.

March 11, 2014 4:13 PM
    Conflicting Radar Reports Cloud Search for Plane
    Search Widens Over Waters, Expands to Land in Southern Vietnam

By GAURAV RAGHUVANSHI And JASON NG
    KUALA LUMPUR—Efforts to figure out what happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 were clouded by conflicting reports about whether radar tracked the plane hundreds of miles off course before it went missing Saturday.

A senior Malaysia air force official Tuesday rejected media reports that military radar had picked up signals from the jet over the Strait of Malacca. The official said the plane dropped off radar midway between Vietnamese and Malaysian airspace as it was apparently turning back from its original course.

U.S. Navy officials said Malaysian authorities were coordinating the overall search, including the operations of the two U.S. Navy destroyers and a surveillance plane participating in the effort.

The Navy's Seventh Fleet said Tuesday the USS Kidd was conducting helicopters searches in the southwest section of the Gulf of Thailand, while the USS Pinckney was searching in the northeastern part of the search area. The 7th Fleet command ship, the Blue Ridge, was also helping coordinate the U.S. search effort, and arrived in Hong Kong Tuesday, according to a Navy official.

The search sectors have been assigned by the Malaysian government, which has been overseeing the airspace and water management, Navy officials said.

Meanwhile, Malaysian police said they were investigating whether a hijacking or sabotage caused the airliner to vanish, and were compiling psychological and personal profiles of passengers and crew.

No information had emerged that would link the Malaysia Airlines plane to terrorism, Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar said Tuesday, but the shape of the police investigation was becoming more concrete despite the lack of any wreckage being found from MH370 after a four-day search involving ships and aircraft from eight nations.

Developments were incremental. Searchers widened their scope in the waters between Malaysia and Vietnam and north of the Strait of Malacca, but no reported traces were located.

China on Tuesday urged Malaysia to speed up the search for the plane, which was bound for Beijing and carried dozens of Chinese passengers.

Speaking at a regular news conference, Qin Gang, a spokesman at China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said an international search has yielded "no substantive progress," and that Malaysia needs to "dominate and mainly be responsible for coordination of search-and-rescue efforts."

"We want Malaysia to work harder and speed up efforts on behalf of the families," he said, adding that the airline does appear to be taking the situation "very seriously."

Mr. Khalid said that police were looking at a hijack or sabotage as possibilities in the plane's disappearance, but he stressed that they were only theories among others that remained to be checked out. He said investigators were seeking to compile documents on passengers to compile profiles, giving such examples as records of insurance fraud, signs of financial difficulty or psychological problems. He didn't point to any specific cases.

"We are looking at everything,'' Mr. Khalid said.

John Brennan, director of the Central Intelligence Agency, said Tuesday the cause of the plane's disappearance remains unknown and that the U.S. hasn't ruled out any theories, including terrorism as a possible cause.

"You cannot discount any theory," he said while answering questions at a Council on Foreign Relations event in Washington, DC.

The police investigation is focused on four areas: hijacking, sabotage, psychological problems with crew or passengers or personal problems with crew or passengers, Mr. Khalid said, saying these would be the normal scope of such an investigation. He said they hadn't found any evidence favoring any channels so far.

It was the most explicit idea so far of what investigators were looking for; they had previously only said that all options were open.

China has provided personal details on all its nationals and investigators were sifting through it, Mr. Khalid said. The flight included more than 150 Chinese citizens. He didn't say whether he had received records from other countries, but said that dossiers would be compiled on each one.

The disappearance possibilities weren't limited to criminal acts. Malaysia's Department of Civil Aviation, with help from other agencies including the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board and Boeing, were examining the possibility of mechanical trouble.

Authorities eliminated one trail, disclosing the identities of two passengers who boarded with an Austrian passport and an Italian passport, both stolen in Thailand, which has emerged as a center for stolen travel documents. The men were identified as Iranians; both appeared to be trying to go to Europe via Beijing.

One was identified as Pouria Nourmohammadi Mehrdad, 19 years old, who appeared to be trying to migrate to Germany to reunite with his mother, Mr. Khalid said.

"We believe he is not likely to be a member of any terrorist group,'' Inspector-General Khalid said.

Interpol identified the other passenger traveling on a stolen passport as 28-year-old Delavar Seyed Mohammadreza, also Iranian. Electronic itineraries viewed by The Wall Street Journal showed Copenhagen as his final destination.

Interpol said that no country had made any checks against its database between the theft and takeoff of the plane. More than 40 million passports are on Interpol's stolen list. Malaysia's immigration chief that said that all standard procedures had been followed in allowing the men to board, including verification of photos.

In a sign of confusion around the investigation, however, authorities gave a third version of a story about passengers who didn't board. Different agencies have asserted variously over the past two days that five passengers who had tickets to fly didn't board the aircraft, and in one instance that their bags were removed, or said that the number was four or that no ticketed passengers failed to board.

A large international search-and-rescue team expanded the scope of its search Tuesday to cover twice the area it had previously, covering a radius of 100 nautical miles (180 kilometers) around Igari, a navigation point in the Gulf of Thailand where the aircraft was last seen by radar. Search has also been intensified in the Strait of Malacca and northward.

The two search areas are bisected by the Malay Peninsula, reflecting reports from Malaysia's department of civil aviation Sunday that said radar indicated that the aircraft may have tried to turn back toward Malaysia from its route northward toward the South China Sea. But the pilots didn't report any trouble or that they were turning back, something aviation experts said they would have normally done.

A spokesman for the U.S. Navy's Seventh Fleet said the search so far was limited to the surface of the water, which he said had an average depth of 45 meters (148 feet), and a maximum of 80 meters (260 feet), in the areas where the U.S. Navy was searching.

Aviation experts remain baffled over what caused MH370's transponders, which identify the airplane among the many other blips on a radar screen, to suddenly stop working at the flight's cruising altitude of 35,000 feet.

Rémi Jouty, director of the France's air-accident investigation agency, which probed the 2009 crash of an Air FranceAirbus into the Atlantic Ocean, said there were likely two types of possibilities that may have caused the transponders of a jetliner to stop functioning.

"One class of possibilities could have been a mechanical and electrical failure, as the transponder is an electrically powered system of the aircraft," Mr. Jouty said.

Such electrical failures could be the result of some catastrophic damage to the aircraft. In 2002, a China Airlines Ltd. Boeing 747 with 225 people flying from Taipei to Hong Kong disintegrated just as it approached its cruising altitude, killing all aboard. Its transponders stopped working shortly after the jet broke apart, while the crash was later attributed to faulty repair work performed years earlier.

"The second area of possibilities is the transponder being turned off voluntarily or involuntarily," said Mr. Jouty.

During the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in 2001, hijackers disconnected the transponders on aircraft they commandeered to obscure their flight patterns, which made it difficult to track the planes' altitude and location.

In the MH370 case, however, the investigator urged caution against speculating on the causes. "It is way too early to start building a scenario," he said.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001...ories&mobile=y

42. Post #183

Midas Member
    Thanks

When you dial a cell phone and hear ringing, are you actually hearing the ring of the cell phone, or a signal generated by the telephone company central switching facility?

Quote Originally Posted by <SLV> View Post

43. Post #184

Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,252 Posts

All cellphones that I have ever been involved with go straight to voice mail once damaged and inoperable. Granted that is Verizon service. Not sure how foreign service works.
    To all the alphabet soup guys and gals out there reading this post, HI!!!!

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusty Shackelford For This Useful Post:

Bigfoot (03-12-2014), Ebie (03-11-2014)

45. Post #185

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 638 Posts

This is interesting:

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Publico For This Useful Post:

Ahillock (03-11-2014)

47. Post #186

Midas Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford View Post
    All cellphones that I have ever been involved with go straight to voice mail once damaged and inoperable. Granted that is Verizon service. Not sure how foreign service works.
    That makes sense.
    If the telephone company cannot find the cell phone, it would not seem logical to generate a ringing signal.
    Better to say please wait while we find your connection.
    Then generate a ring only if the connection is found.
    I suppose.

48. Post #187

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Publico View Post
    This is interesting:

The guy is a little dramatic but he raises a lot of the same questions we have raised on here. It sure is confusing what has been going on. None of it makes sense to me. Maybe the Malaysians aren't as good at false flag attacks as their western counterparts. A few hiccups?

49. Post #188

Midas Member
    Thanks

The guy is a little dramatic but he raises a lot of the same questions we have raised on here. It sure is confusing what has been going on. None of it makes sense to me. Maybe the Malaysians aren't as good at false flag attacks as their western counterparts. A few hiccups?
    The original story apparently had the wrong direction, the wrong destination, the wrong country, and even the wrong ocean.

50. Post #189

Thanks

If your cell phone is turned off, it still rings in the caller's ear.

51. Post #190

Thanks

Not for me. I usually get either one ring and straight to voicemail or no ring and straight to voicemail of the person I am trying to call. YMMV.

52. Post #191

Thanks

I would need to go back and look at some of the information from 9/11, but do you guys remember how two of the flight paths on 9/11 crossed over Stewart Air National Guard Base and I think the transponders were switched off for a little. Also same thing happened to Flight 93 around Cleveland, the transponder was shut off for a little bit.

How hard would it be for the signal/transponder of a airline to be spoofed and made to look like it was MA Flight 370 500 km off course?

53. Post #192

Thanks

Never seen (heard) that to be the case.

54. The Following User Says Thank You to <SLV> For This Useful Post:

Ahillock (03-11-2014)

55. Post #193

Thanks

What is the range of a 777? How far could it have gone?

EDIT: From Boeing (second figures for ER -- extended range version):

Maximum Range

5,240 nautical miles
    (9,700 km)
    Typical city pairs:
    London - New York
    Denver - Honolulu
    Tokyo - San Francisco

7,725 nautical miles
    (14,305 km)
    Typical city pairs:
    London - Los Angeles
    Tokyo - Sydney
    Chicago - Seoul

56. Post #194

Found a gold nugget Metal Miner Darkside's Avatar
    Thanks

What if an EMP device was either detonated on board or targeted the plane from a distance. Either military equipment or terrorism/sabotage. Would an EMP disable the electronics on board to deny the plane communications and navigation while still allowing them to manually fly the plane to a location way outside the search area where they eventually crashed?

57. Post #195

Thanks

Wouldn't you know it?

They Have The Same Legs! AFP Caught Photoshopping 2 Iranian Suspects On Flight 370!
    March 11th, 2014

from post #174 above:

Name:	600x372.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	58111

58. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goldhedge For This Useful Post:

<SLV> (03-11-2014), phideaux (03-11-2014), Unca Walt (03-12-2014)

59. Post #196

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 638 Posts

Not for me. I usually get either one ring and straight to voicemail or no ring and straight to voicemail of the person I am trying to call. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by <SLV> View Post
    Never seen (heard) that to be the case.
    I believe Goldhedge was sarcastic. I have never heard of a phone that rings while turned-off. But most people have the need to check who the fvck called them every five minute. It would kind of like a Monty Python skit to turn-off a phone and still have the phone ring. It would be very aggravating to turn-off a phone and still have it ring. What's the point of turning off the blasted thing if it still rings. This is a cheese shop isn't it?
    Last edited by Publico; 03-11-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: typo

60. Post #197

Banned
    Thanks

I'm kind of ignoring this...Because it's like Oceanic Airlines Flight 815

It seems to be a huge distraction so far.

61. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MlCHAEL For This Useful Post:

<SLV> (03-11-2014), Ahillock (03-11-2014)

62. Post #198

Thanks

Wouldn't you know it?

They Have The Same Legs! AFP Caught Photoshopping 2 Iranian Suspects On Flight 370!
    March 11th, 2014
    from post #174 above:

Name:	600x372.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	58111
    This whole thing is really starting to stink. Makes you wonder why it is all so hush-hush. Seems like it should be an episode of "24." Behind the scenes you know that the alphabets are all working overtime trying to resolve something before it gets much worse.

63. Post #199

Thanks

E-Bomb: The Electronic Weapon That Can Make a Plane “Disappear” *Videos*
    Mac Slavo
    March 11th, 2014

Name:	e-bomb.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	58112

Over a dozen nations have now mobilized search teams for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. The mysterious disappearance has left investigators all over the world wondering what could have happened. This is a huge investigation, as evidenced by the fact that China has re-tasked ten satellites to search for the wreckage, suggesting that the People’s Republic really wants to get to the bottom of what happened here.

There is no debris to be found. The black box, which is supposed to be indestructible in a large explosion and should broadcast a homing signal for up to 30 days, has gone dark. Moreover, INTERPOL is looking into several passengers who boarded the plane using false passports, and whose tickets were reportedly purchased by an unknown Iranian benefactor.

Several theories have emerged as to what could have caused the flight to “vanish” out of thin air. None of them are, as of yet, conclusive.

We can probably rule out a mid-air explosion, because something like that would likely have left instruments operational for long enough that readings would have been transmitted back to flight controllers. Likewise, there would be a fairly wide debris field had such an explosion occurred at such a high altitude.

Terrorism has not been ruled out, but traditional methods, including a hi-jacking, seem unlikely (remember those reinforced cockpit doors?).

It is certainly possible that search teams are just looking in the wrong place and the plane could be found in coming hours or days.

However, as noted by Mike Adams, the idea of an advanced military weapon of some sort is certainly within the realm of possibility. We know our Defense Department, as well as the militaries of other countries, are always hard at work developing new war-making technologies.

One such advanced weapons system has come to public light in recent years and as recently as two days prior to the disappearance of flight 370 Senator Ted Cruz mentioned it in a followup to his CPAC speech:

“When Iran describes Israel as the Little Satan, and America as the Great Satan, we have every interest to make sure they don’t acquire the weaponry to kill millions of Americans.” Cruz imagined a nightmare scenario in which Iran detonated a bomb over “Tel Aviv or New York or Los Angeles.” Detonated here, the effects of an EMP attack could kill “tens of millions of Americans.”

We know for a fact that China, North Korea, Russia and the United States have developed what are dubbed Super-EMP Weapons. These types of weapons require nuclear fuel and must be detonated over or near the target area. The secondary effect of this nuclear detonation is an electro-magnetic pulse. Deployed properly, for example 200 miles over the state of Kansas, such a weapon could literally wipe out every electronic system from coast to coast.

It is this possibility that prompted investigators to contact the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organisation yesterday, so they understand that this could well be the type of weapons used.

Experts at Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty have been asked to see if they detected an explosion at high altitude of the missing Malaysian Airlines plane.

Lassina Zerbo, executive director of the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organisation (CTBTO) told a news conference the organisation used “infrasound” – or infrasonic sensors – to monitor the earth mainly for atmospheric nuclear explosions. (source)

More than likely, the infrasound tests won’t yield any result. For starters, it would be quite difficult to sneak a suit-case nuclear weapon onto an airplane. Second, a space or air explosion would have quickly been detected by military monitoring systems operated by the U.S., China and Russia.

The other possibility is one that is often not discussed, yet has emerged as a highly effective military system in recent years. This involves the use of a non-nuclear electro magentic pulse weapon.

Weapons designers specializing in high-energy physics can now create electromagnetic pulses without going into outer space. One approach involves harnessing the force of a conventional explosion. Others are simply just modifications of radar, which bounces pulses of energy off aircraft in flight, vehicles on the ground, and other objects.

Crank up the power and you have an EMP weapon, ready to point at the computers of your favorite enemy.This knowledge has set off a new arms race. Whether fitted into cruise missiles or parked at the side of the road in a van, non-nuclear EMP weapons have the potential to devastate the electronic systems of areas as large as a city or as small as a selected building, all without being seen, heard, or felt by a single soul.

It is a dream come true for any and all terrorists.

Sound far-fetched? It did not in 1993 to the owners of automobiles parked about 300 meters from a U.S. Defense Contractor’s EMP generator test site at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida. Their alternators and electronic engine controls were accidentally fried by a pulse during classified field trials.

Source: Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin

The following provides an explanation for how these weapons work. What we know about the Flight 370 disaster suggests that if this was an act of terrorism it could have been executed using a NNEMP:

NNEMP generators can be carried as a payload of bombs, cruise missiles (such as the CHAMP missile) and drones, with diminished mechanical, thermal and ionizing radiation effects, but without the political consequences of deploying nuclear weapons.

The electromagnetic pulse from NNEMP weapons must come from within the weapon, while nuclear weapons generate EMP as a secondary effect. These facts limit the range of NNEMP weapons, but allow finer target discrimination. The effect of small e-bombs has proven to be sufficient for certain terrorist or military operations. Examples of such operations include the destruction of electronic control systems critical to the operation of many ground vehicles and aircraft.

We know for a fact that these e-bombs have been built and tested by our own military. Unlike nuclear-based EMP weapons, these devices can be small and compact versions can actually be created with basic Do-It-Yourself kits. They can be deployed on drones, planes and missiles. They can be specifically targeted at cities, buildings or even vehicles. Thus, it is possible that such a device was used to take down Flight 370.

For the skeptics out there, watch the following video of a do-it-yourself homemade e-bomb being used to short-circuit a cell phone:

In this video, another homemade e-bomb is used to disable various electronics. Note that the rudimentary device looks to have an effective range of roughly 10 – 15 yards:

Now consider what a rogue terror organization or black ops team could do with a multi-million dollar budget.

Harping back to the Iranian connection, is it possible that a small capacity non-nuclear EMP weapon was smuggled on board the airplane, perhaps in common electronic devices, and triggered mid-flight?

That an unknown man named “Ali” purchased tickets for his friends at the last minute to the cheapest destination available, is highly suspect and is indicative of terrorism. An incident involving a man with a similar profile occurred at Amsterdam airport when the Christmas underwear bomber was allowed onto the plane – without a passport.

We’re not necessarily suggesting Iran is behind this, but it sure is an easy story to sell.

Insofar as the effects themselves, a non-nuclear EMP could well explain how a plane, from one second to the next, simply vanishes without a trace.

There would be no large debris field because the plane would have fallen right out of the sky, so instead of a search area of square miles, we’d be looking at mere yards, a difficult find in a huge ocean.
    The homing device on the black box, which as far as we can tell is not shielded against an EMP blast, would, just as the planes instrumentation and communications equipment, short circuit and become inoperable.
    No explosions or missile signature would have been detected by monitoring systems

While this theory is far from conclusive, it makes as much sense as any being proposed.

If this was the kind of weapon used, then it could have been a “dry run” for something much bigger, like a coordinated attack involving many more planes in the future.

Or, as highlighted by American Everyman, we can just go with the official story per the mainstream media:

So, right on cue, in the absence of a logical thesis, the mainstream media along with “high ranking unnamed sources” are starting to float ridiculousness as the solution.

Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Reuters

Yes, there you have it, it may have just vaporized itself in mid-air for no apparent reason.

Vaporized? Gone? Nothing remained of this 600,000 pound jumbo jet?

The notion that an e-bomb was responsible is much more likely than vaporization.

And that is a much more terrifying thought to consider.
    Please Spread The Word And Share This Post

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...ideos_03112014

64. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goldhedge For This Useful Post:

Darkside (03-11-2014), phideaux (03-11-2014), searcher (03-12-2014)

65. Post #200

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MlCHAEL View Post
    I'm kind of ignoring this...Because it's like Oceanic Airlines Flight 815

It seems to be a huge distraction so far.
    Had to look it up:

http://neilchughes.wordpress.com/201...815-and-mh370/

The Unfortunate Parallels of Oceanic 815 and MH370

Way back on September 22nd 2004 a Boeing 777 Oceanic Flight 815 carrying 324 passengers, disappeared over the Pacific Ocean. Of course this didn’t really happen at all, as this was the basic premise of the hit TV Show Lost...