I don't think many in USA has given the idea of starting a new business much thought, but I think there are some to be made.
I live in South Africa and many of the ideas making money locally might be applicable soon or already in the USA, mainly security.
- Electric fences, really big.
- Burgular bars.
- Anything intrusion detecsion.
- Anytyhing intrusion deterrent.
Many local companies have a radio alarm system reporting to a central monitoring facility. RF and GSM. Annuity income.
- Auto gates.
- Telemetry systems for alarming.
- Personal security for the rich.
- Cash transfer guarding.
- Security guard and education for said.
There will always be people able to support a lifestyle, even in Nigeria or Ghana. Time to look at local (USA) opportunities.
Somehow the spell-check is MIA, so please forgive.
Just to say that in every adversarial condition there might be opportunity, the way of the wise in Africa.
Some of the local crowd.