1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

“I want to thank [Pelosi] for coming up and speaking against the Amash amendment...”

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Crockett, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Crockett

Crockett Seeker

Whats next with this guy?

“I want to thank [Pelosi] for coming up and speaking against the Amash amendment...”
    -- House Speaker Paul Ryan, 01/11/18

Dear Crockett

The fix was in.

A dirty deal was cut in the House between establishment Republicans like Paul Ryan and Democrats like Nancy Pelosi.

She delivered the votes necessary from her party to kill the Amash/Lofgren Amendment and pass a six-year reauthorization of Section 702 of the FISA Amendments Act through the House.

But Crockett, as the fight over surveillance reform now heads to the Senate, I don’t want you to give in to despair.

My son, Senator Rand Paul, is pledging to do everything he can to oppose this “clean” reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act.

And there’s one more point that stood out to me today. . .

58 Republicans voted for the Amash Amendment, which would have significantly reined in the surveillance state.

That’s nearly a quarter of all House Republicans!

Crockett, I was there after 9/11. I was one of the only Republicans to vote against the so-called “PATRIOT” Act and one of seven to oppose reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act in 2012.

When I look back over those years, I’m still impressed about how far we’ve come -- and how close you and I are to finally reining in the surveillance state!

That’s why I’m counting on you sign your STOP THE SURVEILLANCE STATE petition to your U.S. Senators right away!

Grassroots pressure is the only thing politicians will listen to.

You won’t change your senators’ mind through reason or eloquent debate.

Only by challenging them head-on and forcing them to acknowledge the will of the people they represent will we ever truly have the opportunity to change the status quo.

While inertia -- the tendency to do nothing -- may be the primary reason Washington, D.C. is so difficult to change, it can be overcome.

But only by grassroots action!

Now it’s time to make your U.S. Senators feel the heat.

I’ve explained to you many times in the past just how dangerous the FISA Amendments Act is to your privacy and the rule of law.

And I hate to put it this bluntly, but if you and I walk away and stop fighting on this issue, this could be the final nail in the Fourth Amendment’s coffin.

With expanded domestic drone use, Internet tracking schemes, and ongoing phone metadata collection, our federal government is rapidly gaining the technology to make any semblance of citizen privacy a relic of yesteryear.

In fact, the “Stasi” -- the East German Communist secret police of decades past -- could only wish to be so efficient in their record-keeping on “problem citizens.”

Back then, our federal government decried those tactics as “Orwellian.” Now it’s adopting them and the statists simply tell you and me to “trust” them!

We can’t trust them. Not at all.

The good news is, as I mentioned above, some members of Congress are now beginning to understand what’s happening, which means that if we can turn up the heat, we may be able to unwind this spying scheme.

So won’t you please sign your petition and then make your most generous contribution to Campaign for Liberty today?

Whether you can afford to make an emergency contribution of $500, $250, or $100 -- or if $50, $25, or even just $10 is a sacrificial gift for you -- I hope you’ll be as generous as you can today to help Campaign for Liberty turn up the heat on the Senate.

For Liberty,
    Ron Paul

P.S. My son, Senator Rand Paul, is pledging to do all he can to oppose “clean” reauthorization of Section 702 of the FISA Amendments Act in the Senate.

But he needs your help to really make his colleagues feel the heat in the Senate.

Won’t you please sign your STOP THE SURVEILLANCE STATE petition and make your most generous contribution to help Campaign for Liberty crank up the heat right away?

Silver and TAEZZAR like this.
  2. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Business as usual for that POS traitor.

Crockett and Silver like this.
  3. BigDowgie

BigDowgie New Member

More warrantless wiretaps? Grotesque!

4. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Energy Extraction
    Dick Cheney’s dirty daughter voted to keep spying from Wyoming... who’da thunk it?