1. Tuesday it is and away we go. Quite a reversal in metals yesterday while oil showed weakness all day. There is follow thru this am with Gold up for now +2 to 1297, after falling back below 1300 yesterday. Silver is down 8 to 17.59 as it recoils from 18. Oil is weak again and down 57 to 44.21. The USD has plunged thru supports and is now at 92.21 and down 40.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Week of 4/30/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1290.50 UP 60.50-- Silver $17.78 UP 88-- Oil $45.92 UP 2.19--- USD $93.04 DOWN 204 tics-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1359.44 (1), SAE $21.09 (20)
  3. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

1976 Bicentennial Kennedy Half Dollar value?

Discussion in 'PM's - Coins - Numis - Base Metals' started by Jimmie, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Jimmie

Jimmie New Member

Computer Technician
    Hey everyone, I know that this forum is mostly about PM's and such but I was curious if anyone knew the value of the 1976 Bicentennial Kennedy Half Dollar. I have over $100 face value and really wish they were silver but yeah... lol

My plan is to basically get some cash out of these so I can then spend it on more bullion. I've looked everywhere but there are so many different answers to this seemingly simple question but I guess the old saying is right, a coin is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I've seen them go for $2.99 each on eBay and that seems like a pipe dream to me. I'd be stoked to get even more than face for them. lol

For the skim readers... Yes, I know this coin is NOT Silver and is pretty common and is otherwise only worth it's face value but here's to hoping I can get more. :p

2. tanner

tanner New Member

.50 cents each....MILLIONS of them circulating right now...

3. NewBob

NewBob Seeker Seeker

They are very very common. People would be a fool to pay more than $.50 for em.

4. charlie1023

charlie1023 Seeker Seeker

As a 90% silver prospector, I can tell you that searching thru boxes of halves from the banks, I get about 1 in 5 or 6 that are bicentennial halves. These are extremely common as already noted on this thread unless you have proofs which would get you above face value if in pristine condition. Advice for your halves? Change them in the bank for some FRN's and use them to pick up some real metal at your favorite dealer or coin shop.

5. Silver-Gold-Palladium

Silver-Gold-Palladium New Member

The bicentennial halves and quarters were made in very huge quantities, as they were minted in both '75 and '76, and thus will never have numismatic value.

6. dmaddox

dmaddox Seeker Seeker

I agree with this whole heartedly.

7. MISRy

MISRy Silver Member Silver Miner

My ex-father-in-law collected bicentennial coins and I tried to tell him pretty much what is being said here. That lead to my pronouncing Krugerrands minted in 1976 had more intrinsic value that a bicentennial quarter could ever hope to have. Since then whenever I have a chance to refer to bicentennial Krugers I give myself a little chuckle.:haha:

8. newmisty

newmisty Duppy Conqueror Midas Member

I agree with the above poster. Cash them in and put your $100 into .999

9. Jimmie

Jimmie New Member

Computer Technician
    Yeah, you all pretty much confirmed my suspicions. Thanks! I'll go ahead and take the FRN's and buy some Ag! :)