1. Metals had a great day yesterday followed up by further strength this am as the dollar continues to swoon. Much as we expected. Gold this am is +15.9 to 1282, while silver is approaching 18 and is +34 to 17.89. Oil also catching a bid, up 45 to 46.48. Dollar down 42 to 93.31
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Week of 4/30/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1290.50 UP 60.50-- Silver $17.78 UP 88-- Oil $45.92 UP 2.19--- USD $93.04 DOWN 204 tics-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1359.44 (1), SAE $21.09 (20)
  3. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

7 volcanoes erupt at the same time.

Discussion in 'PM Trading/Stocks/Technical Analysis' started by 917601, Nov 23, 2013.

1. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Varmint Hunter, Ragnarok and phideaux like this.
  2. phideaux

phideaux Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Anybody know how unusual is this?

Ragnarok likes this.
  3. gringott

gringott Midas Member Site Supporter Midas Member

We also seem to be passing through a meteor belt or something. Fireballs a meteors and shooting stars are being reported everywhere. Seen one myself that I reported here. Something is going on.
    That volcano thing is not normal if you ask me.

There is a disturbance in the force.

4. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Site Supporter Midas Member

Same thing happened to my family when we all went out for Mexican food. The next morning watch everybody scramble for the bathroom like musical chairs. The hot salsa is just like lava.

gringott likes this.
  5. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Many scientists and the normal man is suspecting a relationship between solar activity and earthquakes and volcanos. A link? No idea. But NASA has stated we are entering into a solar flare cycle, and has studied the relationship. A quick search brings up a lot on this subject. This one for instance, it even links birds falling from the sky, which we have seen recently.

http://lyn-stewart.hubpages.com/hub/Solar-Flares-can-create-earthquakes-facts-and-history

6. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Site Supporter Gold Chaser

Energy Extraction
  7. xhomerx10

xhomerx10 Silver Member Silver Miner

Late summer through early winter there are 4 debris clouds left by comets heading towards our sun which earth passes through. I've been watching them for years hoping to see some larger ones but the meteor showers occur every year without fail. Some years the display is better than others. One year I was lucky enough to be up at a friends cottage in mid August to catch the Perseids meteor shower (so named as the shooting starts seem to emanate from the constellation Perseus). With no moon and little ambient light, the display was spectacular and we were able to count over 50 per hour.

These are the fall/winter displays which are the best due to the longer nights.

October - Orionids
    November - Leonids
    December - Geminids
    January - Quantrids

Most of the dust from these clouds is quite small and generally nothing to worry about. Having said that, meteors the size of the one that caused the very recent Chelyabinsk event (approx. 50 feet) occur once every 30 years but not always in populated areas causing destruction of property. That meteor originated in the Apollo asteroids which is a group of near earth asteroids posing a constant threat to earth - essentially we are always passing through them. The largest known Apollo asteroid is Sisyphus which is about 5 miles wide - similar to the one that allegedly ended the reign of the dinosaurs.(Chixiclub event)

Don't worry, the government is tracking all known earth-ending asteroids so expect to be notified shortly after the impact by registered mail ;)

gringott and Shortstack like this.
  8. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Member Gold Chaser

Interesting about the belt. I was shoveling light snow this morning from my driveway and noticed there was little patches of snow melt all over. In the center of each melt was either a brown rock or a crystal/glass fragment. It was deep in my drive way so it couldn't have come off a truck. I saved some just in case.

9. xhomerx10

xhomerx10 Silver Member Silver Miner

It is possible but generally, due to the speeds they enter earths atmosphere, anything greater than 2 mm (about 1/12 inch) should produce a visible trail of light as it heats up (I guess you wouldn't see that in the day time though). The figures range from 5 to 300 tonnes of cosmic dust reaching the earth each year but most particles would be quite small.

10. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

Volcanoes simultaneously erupting, check. Earthquakes making tsunamis that wreck reactors that kill oceans, check. Signs in the heavens, check. End times here we come.

R.

Varmint Hunter likes this.
  11. gringott

gringott Midas Member Site Supporter Midas Member

Naw, this crap happens every year, perfectly normal. Nothing to see here, move on proletariat.

Thecrensh likes this.
  12. Thecrensh

Thecrensh Gold Member Gold Chaser

Here's the deal; things seem to be "so common" today because we have a 24/7 news cycle to fill. Just as "wars and rumors of war" have plagued humanity for as long as humanity has been around. Weather has always happened...it's just that anytime something happens today, someone is on the scene with their iPhone uploading it to Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and sending it into CNN.

Silvergun likes this.
  13. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Member Gold Chaser

Actually upon further review I think it must of been from a gravel and salt truck going by. They never come by my side street. I think the recent ice we had a couple of days ago may have given them cause to do so.