1. Sunday night open and the USD is popping to the up, along with oil at +59 tics currently, Gold is flat for now while silver is seeing some weakness, US Markets closed Monday for holiday, Zero zone and Asia are open normal hours
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Holiday Friday is up, and going into the extended weekend we have Gold down 2 to 1218, while Silver is down 4 to 16.30. Oil is continuing to roll off that 50, now down 39 to 49.09. The USD is +11 at 95.27 and awaiting GDP report this am.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/28/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1213.80 DOWN 58.90-- Silver $16.26 DOWN 87-- Oil $49.33 up 3.12--- USD $95.50 UP 91 tics-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1278.39 (1), SAE $19.38 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

APMEX removes 2012 1 oz Dragons

Discussion in 'PM's - Coins - Numis - Base Metals' started by rodzm, Sep 19, 2011.

1. rodzm

rodzm Gold Member Gold Chaser

Medic
    APMEX used to have a placeholder for the 1 oz Dragons and the placeholder is now gone which seems to indicate that they will not be selling 1 oz Dragons.The 1 oz proof placeholder is still there and the other bullion coins placeholders (1/2 oz, 2 oz, 5, 10 , etc) is still there.

They will either be sold graded by APMEX or no sale at all. The ship has sailed on this if the above is true. Me thinks i should hold with a tight grip my roll of 20.

Still got another 3 singles if anyone is interested $145 shipped to your door ;)

HistoryStudent likes this.
  2. HistoryStudent

HistoryStudent Midas Member Midas Member

Who knows how true but the rumor was that a CHINESE fellow grabbed a huge percentage of the entire mint.

That perhaps plus a small mintage - was how supply and demand works = shortage.

3. HistoryStudent

Who knows how true but the rumor was that a CHINESE fellow grabbed a huge percentage of the entire mint.

That perhaps plus a small mintage - was how supply and demand works = shortage.

MCM has four sizes of GOLD ones: here's the best size now...

http://moderncoinmart.com/cart1/product.php?productid=24021&cat=0&page=1

4. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Mother Lode

It's obvious the entire freaking world is out of silver and cannot make coins anymore.~~:flute:

rodzm likes this.
  5. rodzm

Medic
    And these Dragons are called bullion...it truly is a joke. The Perth Mint should just consider these numis and not label them as bullion.

6. Irons

I agree, I have (had, :bear_cry:) some Aussie gold and some Kooks and they are all beautiful, pretty much proofs.

I stopped buying them when they got so popular folks got used to paying ridiculous premiums for them. Phooey!

7. rodzm

Medic
    Hmm...looks like the placeholder is back on at APMEX

8. HistoryStudent

MY golden DRAGONS (plural) shipped today from MCM.

Have them tomorrow - the GOOD LORD WILLING. :553:

And those tongue-in-cheek remarks about the SILVER running out just may turn out
    to be shortly true. :redface:

Although, I realize that the GOLD lovers just love to take jabs at her poor beautiful cousin - SILVER. :yes:

Someday, mark my words, there will be a reckoning when the supply and demand fundamentals
    actually produce the PEAK silver supply default.

Don't hold your breath however - it takes time for the TPTB to be put to rest with their power to print
    and place FAKE shorts on the FAKE exchanges made by FAKE brokers - they do.

Soon however you'll see SILVER BULL break down the price fence at $55 on the way for a DOUBLING!

:bulride::bulride::bulride::bulride::bulride:

lightcycler likes this.
  9. TomD

TomD It blowed up, y'all Gold Chaser

construction, engineering
    When I read the thread title and first post, I was seriously pissed and was ringing through to Apmex to give someone hell when I saw the 1 oz BU's were still there(or there again).

This whole thing is getting too quirky, never seen a coin intro like it. Well maybe I have, the 2006 Anniversary Silver Eagle set. That was chaos.

I've got 100 of the 1 oz BU's "reserved" but I think the probability of me ending up with that many isn't high. With the mania surrounding the dragons, I almost guarantee that there will be rationing. Otherwise a few someones will buy the whole issue. I'll be it is limited to 10 or 20.

And then there is the issue of what will be the offering price. Currently you can buy 1 oz Kooks or Koalas for $47 from Apmex, or even series 2 Lunar Mouse coins for about the same. In the past, the new issue Lunars would have been priced the same. I think the mania has reached such a pitch that the dragon price will spike hard until the supply has a chance to get out and then level out lower. If Apmex does the initial offering at the spike price, I'm going to wait it out.

There is an Australian PM site called Silver Stackers where quite a number of the posters are dealers, some large. Here's one Australian Dealers take on the CURRENT" real valuation of the dragon

"Aurora et luna wrote:
    I am sorry to say this but anyone who is prepared to pay more for the 1oz Dragon than a 2oz Dragon has soup for brains.
    99% of you guys won't be starting a lunar set so why don't you just get twice the silver for the same price or less; I am sure in the long run a 2oz Dragon will give you a better return.
    1oz Dragon at present has $40 of silver and $50-$60 worth of collector's premium
    2oz Dragon at present has $80 of silver and $15 worth of collector's premium
    When spot doubles, a 1oz Dragon will have $80 of silver and maybe up to $80 in its collector's premium. Whereas the 2oz Dragon will have $160 worth of silver as well as a collector's premium which will definitely be higher than $15"

I bought fairly heavily into 2 oz, 5's and 10's dragons a few weeks back, hope to eventually see them. I really hope I can get my "reserved" 100 1 oz BU at around $47 but I really hope to win the lottery too; chances of each are about equal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  10. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

I was on chat with them Friday, said they hoped the dragons arrived by months end.

11. booty

booty Seeker Seeker

Same as you I was planning on buying 100+ and now am hoping that I can get 10 or 20 at a price under $60. :confused:
    I will only buy a few for sets if I have to pay more than that.
    I will keep buying the 10 and 2oz sizes for sure.
    Nice Pics!

12. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Did you get them from Apmex, I never saw them up and check hourly.

13. booty

booty Seeker Seeker

Gold 1oz dragons available at APMEX. Limit of one only for those who used the alert me tab.
    This may be why the silver 1oz tab has been removed. They wanted to stop more people from signing up.
    They will probably do the same thing with the silver 1oz release but limit it to 10 per customer is my guess. Maybe only 5!

14. AU+AG=Bacon

AU+AG=Bacon Seeker Seeker

I just ordered from apmex. One each of the 1oz Gold and Silver dragons. It limited me to one of each coin. Good luck everyone.

Bacon

15. Oldmansmith

Oldmansmith Midas Member Midas Member

Environmentl Consultant
    I just went there and the silver coins aren't up. WTF?

16. newmisty

newmisty Duppy Conqueror Midas Member

Say what? Thay ain't got no one ounce silver dragons, do they!?! I see the proof listed with an OUT OF STOCK icon on it...

17. Oldmansmith

Environmentl Consultant
    http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?22884-1-oz-Dragons-on-sale-at-Apmex
    I'm getting pissed off (again) at APMEX. I'm a gold member and have an "alert me" on the one ounce silver proof and the three coin proof set, but got through on the phone and they won't sell me a single measly non-proof for 60 bucks over spot.

newmisty likes this.
  18. AU+AG=Bacon

19. Oldmansmith

Environmentl Consultant
  20. samwiii

samwiii Gold Member Gold Chaser

Just ordered mine. First time I've paid more than $5.00 over spot, even for Chinese Pandas. Hope I don't regret this, but got to take a chance sometime. Still, $60 over spot :(

21. silverbusa

silverbusa Seeker Seeker

Gainesville has the 1oz silver bullion dragon listed for $118.........1000 coin limit....LOL

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
    ChoiceBU likes this.
  22. Oldmansmith

Environmentl Consultant
    You got a linky? I don't see it.

23. Solo

Solo Midas Member Midas Member

24. Oldmansmith

Environmentl Consultant
  25. AU+AG=Bacon

ChoiceBU, Oldmansmith and newmisty like this.
  26. Gray

Gray Silver Member Silver Miner

Limited release? ----> Rare
    Very popular? ----> Hyped

Owners should make a greeting sign like those with cool cars, that way if someone else owns it, they can sign you back....if not, they can bash your head in and swipe it.

Here is an example:

http://www.signingsavvy.com/sign/DRAGON/5294/1

27. TomD

Yeah, the 1/2, 2, 5, 10 oz & kilo were listed on Apmex on Aug 25 and stayed up for 3-4 days. All sizes sold for right at $50 an oz. Tell you the truth, I'd rather have a 2 oz than a 1 oz for the same price. Talk about no brainers. I bought a 1 oz today but it pissed me off.

samwiii and newmisty like this.
  28. newmisty

newmisty Duppy Conqueror Midas Member

A while after I posted I got a text message from my alert me then checked my email and linked in that way. I too could only order one. Didn't know if it was because I only requested an alert me for 1 or otherwise.

I'm not impressed with the premiums they put on, wasn't expecting that much. All things considered I got one along with a 1/10 AU Proof and am happy for that but not happy about the shenanigans going on at the various MINT's and their VENDORS. :(

29. silverbusa

silverbusa Seeker Seeker

I feel a bit like a buffalo following the herd over the cliff........oh well.........all for one and one for all.

30. Oldmansmith

Environmentl Consultant
  31. Pyramid

Pyramid Gold Member Gold Chaser

I feel for you folks that have been eagerly awaiting this issue and have to deal with the rediculous premiums and other shenanigans. Why doesn't the Perth Mint just crank up the production...are they that limited in production capability so that they need to put mintage limits on everything? Supply and demand is obviously not working here.

Anyway, you always have the ability to shop around and just say no if the prices are not to your liking. Good luck to you folks who want these coins.

32. graspAU

graspAU Seeker Seeker

Got the email. The premium at $100 per ounce is too rich for my blood on the 1oz silver dragon. I picked up a couple of the silver kilo dragons that worked out to about $46 an ounce, and that will have to be enough.

33. samwiii

I did the same thing and added 3 Cougars to get closer to the $250 shipping threshold. If I'm going to get r@ped, I might as well enjoy it.

34. TomD

The Perth Mint is a national mint and under the law that originated the series, production of the 1 oz coins is limited; 300,000 silver and 30,000 gold. There are no quantity limits under law on the other sizes though the Perth Mint has been known to make some quirky decisions.

35. Silver Art

Silver Art Silver Art Bar collector Gold Chaser

Silver Art Bar Hoor
    In my case, I will just say no to the 2012 Dragon. My wallet cannot handle the current price of 1-oz silver 2012 Dragon, however, I will continue to look at/fondle my 1/2-oz silver 2000 Dragon. :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  36. samwiii

With what's happening with silver today after my purchase yesterday, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

37. ChoiceBU

ChoiceBU Silver Member Silver Miner

Same here. Have a gold proof and 2 silver dragons on order, kilo and now the 1 ounce. Never even heard of these before the forum threads, ha! But must say, at least there is some excitement to it. ATB Gettysburg P on sale today, ho hum, no thanks:slug:

38. Irons

See siggy line.............

39. ChoiceBU

If these dragons are as cool in hand as in the pics, they should hold value for collectors(but I would not be buying multiple one ouncers to flip at these prices).

40. ChoiceBU

Interesting, I bought a GC 1 oz dragon for 118 credit card price on 22nd, today it's 121, up 3 bucks after silver tanked! But you can get 750 of 'em if you want...:biggrin: BTW, enter coupon code NIAUS gets $5 off shipping.