1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

BLACK SMOKE MATTERS!

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by GOLDZILLA, Jan 6, 2017.

1. GOLDZILLA

GOLDZILLA Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus Midas Member

2. GOLDZILLA

GOLDZILLA Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus Midas Member

3. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Retired Shipyard Machinist

4. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Retired Shipyard Machinist
    Many many many years ago I had a job. I would drive through Tampa on Nebraska ave to get to work. One rainy morning after a night of steady rain I was driving to work and just before downtown there was a bus stop. The building next to the bus stop had an awning that covered the sidewalk for a city block. There must have been 80-90 blacks standing under the awning waiting for buses to take them to the orange groves(yes back then, before the mexican hordes, blacks picked fruit). Well that being a bus stop meant the road was very inclined due to the heavy buses causing a huge deep puddle to form at the curb for most of the block. I was driving my 1959 Ford F250 4x4. When I got close I could see the light was green. I couldn't resist, pulled that ol truck down into 2nd gear and stomped the gas. A wall of water covered that sidewalk and everyone on it. When I checked my mirrors they were in the street yelling and cussing and flailing arms. I had to find a new route to work after that. Yes, I was a redneck asshole even back then.

stonedywankanobe, pitw and nickndfl like this.
  5. skychief

skychief enthusiastic stacker Silver Miner

Musician
    Detuning a diesel engine to produce clouds of black smoke damages and shortens the life of the engine. It causes unusually high exhaust gas temps, and the unburnt diesel fuel greatly shortens the life of the catalytic converter, which can be very expensive to replace. I watched a F-250 rollin' coal... The cat was glowing white-hot.

Its normal to see a puff of black smoke from a turbo equipped diesel during hard acceleration from low RPMs - it takes a couple of seconds for the turbo to "spool up". But as the turbo catches up, the black smoke should disappear.

6. glockngold

glockngold Gold Member Gold Chaser

Have a notion most of these fellas pulled the cat off long ago.

ctrl-z, mtnman and Aurumag like this.
  7. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

That's dumb and dangerous to unsuspecting drivers.