1. Potus out of town, all is pretty quiet for now
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Mon Morning! Gold catches a bid +2.7 to 1256, while Silver is +16 to 1696. Crude still moving up 48 to 5115. The USD is down 6 and breaks 97, 9696.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/13/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1227.70-- UP 0.80 Silver $16.40-- UP 13 Oil $47.84-- UP 1.62 USD $99.13 -- UP .61
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Donald Drumpf; Neoconservative doing what he promised he would not do.

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Bigjon, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Bigjon

Bigjon Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

http://21stcenturywire.com/2017/03/...-the-foreign-policy-that-brought-him-victory/
    President Trump is drifting further into Neoconservative land, and very soon there will be no turning back.

Although you wouldn’t know it from the US media blackout – the US has quietly deployed upwards of 4,000 combat troops in Syria – in total violation of both US and international law.

Upon closer examination, however, Trump’s foreign policy is fast resembling Israel’s foreign policy.

This is exactly what candidate Trump promised he wouldn’t do…

[​IMG]
    Doug Bandow
    The National Interest

Candidate Donald Trump offered a sharp break from his predecessors. He was particularly critical of neoconservatives, who seemed to back war at every turn.

Indeed, he promised not to include in his administration “those who have perfect resumes but very little to brag about except responsibility for a long history of failed policies and continued losses at war.” And he’s generally kept that commitment, for instance rejecting as deputy secretary of state Elliot Abrams, who said Trump was unfit to be president.

Substantively candidate Trump appeared to offer not so much a philosophy as an inclination. Practical if not exactly realist, he cared more for consequences than his three immediate predecessors, who had treated wars as moral crusades in Somalia, the Balkans, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria. In contrast, Trump promised: “unlike other candidates for the presidency, war and aggression will not be my first instinct.”

Yet so far the Trump administration is shaping up as a disappointment for those who hoped for a break from the liberal interventionist/neoconservative synthesis.

The first problem is staffing. In Washington people are policy. The president can speak and tweet, but he needs others to turn ideas into reality and implement his directives. It doesn’t appear that he has any foreign policy realists around him, or anyone with a restrained view of America’s international responsibilities.

Rex Tillerson, James Mattis and H. R. McMaster are all serious and talented, and none are neocons. But all seem inclined toward traditional foreign policy approaches and committed to moderating their boss’s unconventional thoughts. Most of the names mentioned for deputy secretary of state have been reliably hawkish, or some combination of hawk and centrist—Abrams, John Bolton, the rewired Jon Huntsman…

Continue this story at The National Interest

Howdy likes this.
  2. chris_is_here

chris_is_here Gold Member Gold Chaser

Look.

I didn't like this guy when he first started running. Really didn't like or trust him.

Then, I started listening to him more closely, and gradually realized that he was talking to ME - a white american workeringman that was tired of being shit on by liberals, neo-cons, and those hollywood jew-fags that want to lecture me about the evils of guns (all the while, reaping millions from violent movies). Donald didn't bow down to the sodomites, the pedo-pimps in congress, media, or hollywood.

It's been two lousy months, and now everyone is "disappointed" in a guy that has called out the media, given the british workingman's salute to the sodomite perverts, created/preserved hundreds of thousands of jobs already, and continued to stand strong against militant islam and uncontrolled immigration, despite the opposition from every side.

In two months, he has already created a sharp contrast with the indonesian half-caste cokehead that fashioned himself as the president of the usa. Wtf do you you guys want? I liked Rand, too- a lot, but I don't think he could have done any better, in the face of violent opposition.

At least give the guy 4 years/

3. gliddenralston

gliddenralston Gold Member Gold Chaser

Hundreds of thousands, that would be a minimum of 200,000 to what number? Pumping Trump is fine but try to keep it real!

4. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

THIS IS REAL !!!

[​IMG]

5. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    It's been two months and we're not 'Great' yet? What the actual fucque? Where's Hillary? I knew I should have went with her!!!

6. gliddenralston

gliddenralston Gold Member Gold Chaser

With some dd you'll find most of these jobs have been in the works for years and will take 5/10 years to materialize if ever. Especially your Alibaba's claim of 1 mill, that's fantasy for a company that took 18 yrs to get to 36k employees . Trumps taking credit for things he didn't do, what else is new!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    bemac likes this.
  7. bemac

bemac Midas Member Midas Member

Just like all the rest before him. People getting fooled again, just like they did in 2007/2008, just a different herd of people this time around. "He gone pay mah rent!" "He's gonna get urr jerbs back!"

the_shootist and Mujahideen like this.
  8. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Architect
    Politics is the biggest scam since religion was invented

TAEZZAR and gliddenralston like this.
  9. RealJack

RealJack Gold Member Gold Chaser

I agree to give the guy a couple of years before excoriating or praising him, but...
    Alibaba? 1,000,000 out of 1,226,500 jobs? Excuse me, but why does Trump get to take credit for a Chinese owned company's expansion in the US?

Alibaba Group Holding Limited (Chinese: 阿里巴巴集团控股有限公司; pinyin: Ālǐbābā Jítuán Kònggǔ Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī) is a Chinese e-commerce company that provides consumer-to-consumer, business-to-consumer and business-to-business sales services via web portals.
    Alibaba has been the most dominant retailer in the world, generating more revenues than Amazon.com and eBay combined. Its online sales & profits surpassed all US retailers (including Walmart, Amazon and eBay) combined in 2015.[9] It has been expanding into media and entertainment industry, with revenues rising 3-digit percents year on year.[

10. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Some people are in complete denial.

Trump has appointed a couple Goldman Sachs to key positions in government and he is fulfilling the neoconservative agenda.

Those are two red flags folks. You can pretend that it's not happening, but I'm not.

Trump is the cracker version of obama. I hope he makes you "feel good" and have "hope" when he is sticking it to the liberals and MSM. I see it as him playing his base for simpleminded dumbasses.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    bemac likes this.
  11. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Alibaba Executive Chairman Jack Ma met U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Monday and laid out the Chinese e-commerce giant's new plan to bring one million small U.S. businesses onto its platform to sell to Chinese consumers over the next five years, an Alibaba spokesman said.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-alibaba-idUSKBN14T1ZA

Silver, andial and RealJack like this.
  12. RealJack

RealJack Gold Member Gold Chaser

Ok, optimistic, but to be real, the conversation he had with Chairman Ma is a far cry from creating a million jobs. So scratch that off the top.

TAEZZAR likes this.
  13. TAEZZAR

OK, I'll play along. Then we are down to 226,500, 13% above your minimum of 200,000.
    The Donald is still Triumphant, even to your standards.

All kidding aside, do you have a better person for the job ?

14. TAEZZAR

Deen, I have always said, "time will tell", but let's give him some leeway. He is not a engrained politician doing it for a salary, free golf, retirement and kickbacks. He has left all that behind to do a nasty, ulcer causing, over due, house cleaning. And it's only been 2 months.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  15. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

You can say give him time in regards to getting laws passed, but not to selecting members of his cabinet or setting his foreign policy.

He is president of the United States, he has direct control over that.

If he isn't a politician, why is he doing the same things obama and bush have done?

bemac likes this.