1. Pres debate over, mixed results are called. Metals down, Stocks up.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Tues Morning. We have Gold down 2.8 to 1337, while Silver is down 10 to 1949. Crude is also down 69 to 4524. The USD is flat at 9524.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 9/24/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1337.50 UP 31.30-- Silver $19.81 UP 95-- Oil $44.48 UP 86 TICS--- USD $95.39 DOWN 66 tics-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1409.04(1), SAE $22.87 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

ECU Silver Chairman and CEO Provides Letter to Shareholders (stock suppression issu)

Discussion in 'PM Trading/Stocks/Technical Analysis' started by prophet, May 9, 2011.

1. prophet

prophet Silver Member Silver Miner

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ECU-Si....html?x=0&.v=1

2. anywoundedduck

anywoundedduck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Data Architect, Systems Engineer, Business Owner,
    Re: ECU Silver Chairman and CEO Provides Letter to Shareholders (stock suppression is

Finally, a CEO of a mining company ready to take action. I am going to send a copy to all of my mining stock's CEO's, urging them to take similar action, up to and including writing complaints to the regulatory agencies. Treading softly does no one any good unless you are willing to follow up with a big stick. (sounds familiar. Where did I hear that line?)

3. earplugs

earplugs Gold Member Gold Chaser

Re: ECU Silver Chairman and CEO Provides Letter to Shareholders (stock suppression is

Until the stock market rigging clears (high freq trades naked shortselling front-running etc) I see no reason to invest in stocks of any kind whatsoever including mining stocks. I know a lot/most people out there are in it for money but not me. **** money jmho

4. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech

Fortunately, there is Regulation SHO to the rescue!

What Does Regulation SHO Mean?
    A regulation implemented on January 3, 2005 that
    seeks to update legislations concerning short sale
    practices. Regulation SHO established "locate" and
    "close-out" standards that are primarily aimed at
    preventing the opportunity for unethical traders to
    engage in naked short selling practices.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/regsho.asp

5. lhslancers3270

lhslancers3270 Banned

Isn't this issue a favorite pick of Bill Murphy? The conspiracy nuts want to put 2 and 2 together.

6. Aussie

Aussie Silver Member Silver Miner

Correct. It's been a perennial under-performer for years. If $50 silver didn't lift this dog, I dunno what will . . .

7. chris_is_here

chris_is_here Gold Member Gold Chaser

ECU is a dog, like many of the other junior miners, because of its horrible capital structure. These company CEO's fund their salaries with share sales, then inevitably blame the "shorts" for their subsequent lack of performance. I use the "shareholder letter" as a big, red flag for any investment. OTC companies have been using this tactic for years.

Buy the metal and short ECU is what the smart money does.

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Alpha Centauri Bound Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter

Let's be real,

Look at its financials, it is burning cash, and it lost money yet again last year,

and they are crying about the stock price?

http://www.ecu.ca/pressreleases/2010/ECU FS 2010.pdf

at the beginning of 2009, they had 242M shares out, which since has expanded to 308M shares

that is a very large number for a really small company,

this one is bound to be a underperformer for a long long time

For comparison, a good company with great production, AEM has 169M shares outstanding,

no conspiracy here, just poor management

S