1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Elon Musk touts first Model 3 to roll off assembly line

Discussion in 'Auto, Tractor, Motorcycles, Racing, and Mechanics' started by Scorpio, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Elon Musk touts first Model 3 to roll off assembly line

By Mike Murphy
    Published: July 9, 2017 11:43 p.m. ET

After a rough week, Tesla has high hopes for new car

[​IMG]

Tesla
    Tesla expects to produce 20,000 Model 3 sedans a month by the end of the year.
    The first Model 3 sedan rolled off Tesla Inc.’s assembly line over the weekend, to the delight of Elon Musk and hundreds of thousands of Tesla fans who have pre-ordered the highly anticipated car.

Musk, Tesla’s co-founder and chief executive, tweeted photos of the first production unit late Saturday night:

The very first Model 3 will be going in Musk’s garage. Tesla board member Ira Ehrenpreis was in line to receive the first car, but passed its rights to Musk as a 46th birthday present:

And don’t worry about Ehrenpreis being left out, he’ll get the second one:

Tesla has high hopes for the Model 3, which will be priced around $35,000 — about half the cost of a Model S. At least 400,000 people have reportedly put down $1,000 deposits for the new cars.

Last week, Musk said the first 30 customers will get their Model 3’s at the end of July. In August, 100 cars are expected to be produced, ramping up to 1,500 in September and 20,000 a month by December. Tesla aims to produce 500,000 models by the end of 2018.

A smooth rollout can’t come soon enough for Tesla TSLA, +1.42% , which saw its stock plunge last week following a litany of bad news, including a decrease in second-quarter deliveries and increased competition in the electric-car field.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/el...-model-3-to-roll-off-assembly-line-2017-07-09

<SLV> and Cigarlover like this.
  2. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

Better get one soon before elon loses the taxpayer subsidies that are keeping his phony business afloat.
    I wouldn't spring for the extended warranty though. . .:2 thumbs up:

nickndfl and the_shootist like this.
  3. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    I'll pass. Driving around in a lithium bomb isn't my idea of a relaxing Sunday drive

Irons likes this.
  4. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Site Supporter Mother Lode

You'd end up walking anyway. I see those Toyota phallus's running around here and they are all running on their moped motor when actually in traffic. I saw a chevy volt once, never saw it again.

5. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Perhaps if we all pay more carbon tax.....

6. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Tesla will never show a profit, its insane their stock is 312 per share. I doubt they get anymore taxdolars and they are diluting the shit out of shareholders.

7. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Ahhh, but Volvo and rumored Honda claim to be 100% electric by 2040. Great proof of concept, too bad it is not economically feasible in the long term. They will be talking about it in history books how people got ripped off by the company .

8. latemetal

latemetal Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

Still, they have made gas prices stay low, so thank you Tesla and Toyota. I hope none of you remember that we are having multiple oil wars right now or you might choke on your hypocrisy...

9. Joe King

Joe King Gold Member Gold Chaser

All I see hoilding back electric cars is battery technology. If there is ever a battery capable of storage capacity that allows for long distance travel, recharges quickly and is relatively safe (read: won't be at risk of exploding if something goes wrong) why wouldn't an electric car be more desirable than gas powered?

My only question is, if the World ends up with all electric cars, what will we do with all the gasoline that comes from the oil refining process? We as a society will still need lubricating oils, asphalt for roads, heating oil, and other stuff that is derived from oil. Having electric cars will not negate the need for most of that and it's not as though oil can be refined in such a way to not get gasoline out of it.

Prior to being used as a fuel for cars, it was mostly considered a waste product.

Crude.PNG

If anyone suggests using it to generate electricity with which to run the electric cars, I would say it'd likely be more efficient to just burn the gas in cars as we do now.

andial likes this.
  10. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

It's like a "symphony" keeping the diesel/gasoline balance going

Most people have no idea