1. Deustch Bank worries roil world markets. World stocks struggling again this am.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Fri morning. DB worries and metals catching a bid. Gold +3.8 to 1325, while Silver is +16 to 19.35. Crude is down 58 to 4725. The USD is +20 to 9568.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 9/24/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1337.50 UP 31.30-- Silver $19.81 UP 95-- Oil $44.48 UP 86 TICS--- USD $95.39 DOWN 66 tics-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1409.04(1), SAE $22.87 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

Federal water cut off to California farms

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Energy/Economy)' started by ArkWv, Feb 21, 2014.

1. ArkWv

ArkWv Gold Member Gold Chaser

handyman, and not the fellow from "In Living Color
  2. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Well they did vote the anointed one twice, so have a nice day ca.

Ragnarok, ArkWv and Irons like this.
  3. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Mother Lode

View attachment 57080 View attachment 57080 View attachment 57080 View attachment 57080

Well put brother South. :23_28_100s: Elect a bunch of freaking moonbats to run your state then don't cry when it falls flat on it's face.

I always wondered if California is so dry why aren't they desalinating ocean water and selling it to other dry states in the area?

You got coastline, you have need and supposably the best minds so how about y'all stop frying birds in the desert with mirrors and figure a way to clean ocean water cheaply with solar and wind power.

IS IT THAT GODDAM DIFFICULT???????

ArkWv, JFN111, Scorpio and 1 other person like this.
  4. spinalcracker

spinalcracker New Member

I wonder how the fairways and greens are holding up in Cali?.......

Obama Plays Water-Guzzling Desert Golf Courses Amid California Drought

Read more: Obama Plays Water-Guzzling Desert Golf Courses Amid California Drought | TIME.com http://swampland.time.com/2014/02/1...esert-courses-amid-the-drought/#ixzz2u0cpVCqM

President Barack Obama traveled to California on Friday to highlight the state’s drought emergency at two events near Fresno, calling for shared sacrifice to help manage the state’s worst water shortage in decades. He then spent the rest of the weekend enjoying the hospitality of some of the state’s top water hogs: desert golf courses.

Vacationing with DVDs of his favorite television shows and multiple golf outings with his buddies, the duffer in chief played at two of the most exclusive courses in the Palm Springs area. On Saturday, Obama played at the Sunnylands estate, built by the late billionaire Walter Annenberg, which features a nine-hole course that is played like 18 holes. The following day he golfed at billionaire Oracle founder Larry Ellison’s 19-hole Porcupine Creek. On Presidents’ Day, Obama hit the links at Sunnylands once again.

The 124 golf courses in the Coachella Valley consume roughly 17% of all water there, and one-quarter of the water pumped out of the region’s at-risk groundwater aquifer, according to the Coachella Valley Water District. Statewide, roughly 1% of water goes to keep golf courses green. Each of the 124 Coachella Valley courses, on average, uses nearly 1 million gallons (3.8 million L) a day because of the hot and dry climate, three to four times more water per day than the average American golf course.

ArkWv, Aurumag and Ragnarok like this.
  5. hoarder

hoarder Banned

Somehow I don't think the Founding Fathers envisioned "Federal water". I wonder what it tastes like.

6. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

Did anyone really think he came out here to see thousands of square miles of dry dirt? He doesn't give a tinker's damn about us/anything else but himself.

Better get your canning/FD food preps put aside now, because when harvest time rolls around everyone is going to find out just how much food DIDN'T come from Cali this year.:thumpdown:

2c,
    R.

spinalcracker likes this.
  7. Treasure Searcher

Treasure Searcher Gold Member Gold Chaser

In my state in the 1970's, a (now closed) Army installation was going to have a big General visiting. Problem was, the grass dried up from a lack of water. Part of the drought stricken lawn, was painted with green paint to make things look great for the General.

Its all about priorities and appearances.

8. Aurumag

Aurumag Midas Member Midas Member

My favorite local cattle pasture is a fallow golf course, zoned for a housing development that never happened.

I smile every time I pass by.

Golf vs. Food Production...

This should prove to be a very interesting year for us Californicators.

9. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Whilst I get what you are saying. Yet remember, it's the liberal city folk that are electing these dumb asses. the rural folks who are mostly affected have no voice. living in Washington state I can understand how many of the reasonable people of California must feel.

It's ok to starve the farmer....
    The Californian ecologist immigrants have made their way into my small valley in the last 20 years teaching local farmers how to go bankrupt.