1. First market day of the week as we head to US transition.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Tues Morning! Gold and Silver flying to the up. Gold +20 bucks to 1216. Silver is +30 to 1707. Crude is also moving to the up 72 to 5309. The USD is down 36 to 100.82.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/7/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1173.40-- UP 21.70 Silver $16.52-- UP 54 Oil $53.99 -- UP 27 TICS USD $102.21 -- DOWN 7 Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1243.95 (1), SAE $19.53 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

Gas Stations In The Past

Discussion in 'Auto, Tractor, Motorcycles, Racing, and Mechanics' started by searcher, Dec 29, 2016.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

A SHRADER'S SON 1940s SERVICE STATION PNEUMATIC AIR SERVICE FILM 47404
    PeriscopeFilm

Published on Dec 29, 2016
    Produced by A. Shrader's Son, part of the Scovill Manufacturing Company, this industrial film promotes the use of free air services for automobile service stations, to increase customer loyalty and sales of tires, valve caps, and other equipment. The company, which held the patent on the automobile tire valve, also produced affiliated equipment including air valves, pumps, and automatic pneumatic equipment. Shrader's "certified air service" as presented in the film, was a huge cash cow for the company and its affiliates.

Founded in 1844 by German immigrant August Schrader, the company’s humble roots began in a small machine shop in Manhattan, New York. Eventually A. Schrader’s Son had a huge factory at 791 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn. The growing popularity and improved technology of the bicycle had led to pneumatic tires on bikes. A. Schrader’s Son developed and patented the first pneumatic tire valve, the same valve that is used on every bicycle and automobile tire today. It’s still called a Schrader valve.

The start of the film shows part of Los Angeles including Black's Indian Store (:37) located on East Adams Street.

We encourage viewers to add comments and, especially, to provide additional information about our videos by adding a comment! See something interesting? Tell people what it is and what they can see by writing something for example: "01:00:12:00 -- President Roosevelt is seen meeting with Winston Churchill at the Quebec Conference."

This film is part of the Periscope Film LLC archive, one of the largest historic military, transportation, and aviation stock footage collections in the USA. Entirely film backed, this material is available for licensing in 24p HD, 2k and 4k. For more information visit http://www.PeriscopeFilm.com

the_shootist and OverOver like this.
  2. OverOver

OverOver Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

Old-Gas-Station-30.jpg

Air hoses hanging up between the pumps...I think.

searcher likes this.
  3. OverOver

1cdcc70bab67b53aa00214883b6599ea.jpg

Here we go. An old tireflator

searcher likes this.
  4. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I remember when gas was 29 cents a gallon, you got the air checked and the windshield cleaned. Plus sometimes you got Green Stamps or a Disney glass.

5. glockngold

glockngold Gold Member Gold Chaser

At Christmas dinner, I was talking air hoses to my 30 year old son.
    When I mentioned the distinctive bell that would ring when you ran over the gas pump air hoses that were laid out to run over, he had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

mayhem, Irons, searcher and 2 others like this.
  6. OverOver

Dang, I can hear that bell in my mind as clear as the last time I heard it. I went to YouTube and
    searched movie scenes with gas stations. Finally about the tenth one I looked at I hit a ding!

At the 29 second mark. She gives it hell too. back and forth

searcher and dacrunch like this.
  7. searcher

Old Gas Stations video slide show Great Songs. Patsy.
    Pat Hough

Published on Aug 14, 2013
    Old Gas Stations video slide show Great Songs.

OverOver likes this.
  8. searcher

GOT GAS ? GAS STATIONS OF OLD
    salssalvage

Published on Mar 2, 2012
    OLD GAS STATIONS 20S THROUGH 50S

OverOver likes this.
  9. searcher

MOBIL GAS STATIONS. Industrial Film for Service Station Owners. Circa 1960/61
    BJ's RECORDS & NOSTALGIA

Published on Sep 30, 2013
    This piece was made as an "in-house" film for franchise owners and outlines to Mobil Gas Station owners that customer service doesn't stop in bad weather and going the extra mile year round make sure they keep coming back. Great shots of old stations and pumps.

OverOver likes this.
  10. searcher

Old Esso Gas Station Commercials
    x924t

Uploaded on Jun 15, 2009
    An assortment of old Esso Gas Station Commercials

11. searcher

Old gas stations
    tomhbeatle1

Published on Jul 24, 2014
    Old gas stations

12. searcher

OLD GAS STATIONS - by Tom Hough / SPAR WLB-403
    tomhbeatle1

Uploaded on Jun 25, 2010
    OLD GAS STATIONS, A LOT OF THEM ON ROUTE 66, IF THEY BRING BACK MEMORIES ,THEN YOUR OLD, GOOD LUCK......

Second Video, 8-14-2013. New Gas Stations. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHXpKJ...

13. searcher

Roamin Rich Gives a Tour Of Trogs Old Time Full Service Gas Station. On Route 66
    Roamin' Rich

Published on Dec 7, 2013
    Dick Trog has been Pumping gas for locals and travelers alike since 1951 on the original alignment of Route 66 through Kirkwood Missouri. His post has been at 3 gas stations in total, but has been at the helm of his latest pump island since 1963. Located in an old Phillips 66 station at 10456 Manchester Road. Dick Trog offers full service fueling, state safety inspections, and the occasional lube service.

I've told many travelers that Trog's Service is the real deal. If you want to warp back in time to get a first hand look and feel of a nostalgic service station, You have to stop at Trog's Service. His station has all the old tools of the trade, old hydraulic auto lifts, classic soda coolers, and plenty of automobile trinkets.

Stop in and give Dick a visit. He is one of the friendliest people you will meet on Route 66 in Eastern Missouri.

CREDITS:
    https://www.facebook.com/rich.dinkela
    https://www.facebook.com/VirginiaCHarold
    https://www.facebook.com/joe.sonderman.5
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/SW-LaF...
    https://www.facebook.com/kyleellerbeck

14. mayhem

mayhem Silver Miner Seeker

Maybe we should talk Scorp into renaming the forum "Gold is Money Rest and Retirement Home". :D

I opened my first Shell Service Station in 1969 in Rockville CT, on Route 30. I was all of 26 years old back then. Hand crank pumps to rewind back to $0.00, $0.24 a gallon for regular, $0.28 for Hi Test. Short skirts were just coming into fashion back then and every morning this gal would come in for a $1.00 worth and her windshield would sparkle when she left.

Thanks for the memory's.