1. Weds am and metals are quiet after recent gains
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Weds Morning! We have Gold down 1.6 to 1211, while Silver is down 2 to 1712. Crude is off 72 to 5254. The USD is up 34 to 100.66 after recent losses.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/7/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1173.40-- UP 21.70 Silver $16.52-- UP 54 Oil $53.99 -- UP 27 TICS USD $102.21 -- DOWN 7 Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1243.95 (1), SAE $19.53 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

Gold Is 'Great Hedge' Against Current Political Risk in Market, Goldman Sachs' Currie Says

Discussion in 'Gold Silver (All things Metal)' started by Val Celestin, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Where do you see gold prices by the end of the year?

1. $1,200's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. $1,300's

57.1%
  3. $1,500's

42.9%
  4. Below $1,000's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Val Celestin

Val Celestin New Member

Gold prices dropped to their lowest level in about a week on Tuesday, but it could still be a good commodity to own in an environment of political uncertainty ahead of the November elections, Goldman Sachs Head of Commodities Research Jeff Currie said on CNBC's "Power Lunch" on Tuesday afternoon.

Goldman Sachs sees gold going from its current price of about $1,330 per ounce to $1,280 per ounce by the end of 2016.

That prediction is a result of the firm's outlook on interest rates, he said. Goldman sees a 65% chance of the Fed hiking rates at its December meeting and of course, higher rates means lower gold prices.

Gold is non-interest paying and struggles to compete with assets that bear a yield when the Federal Reserve hikes interest rates.

While he may not want to own gold "tactically" for the reasons mentioned, Currie does think it's good to own in our current political state.

"I always like to say gold is a great hedge against politicians, and we have a lot of political risk in the market right now. So gold has a strategic purpose," he explained.

"Why? What's the tie between gold and politicians?" CNBC's Brian Sullivan asked.

"Well, if you think about the correlation between rates and you think about when you debase a currency or weak dollar, what people gravitate to are hard assets and gold is the epitome of the hard asset," Currie explained.

Watch Full Video Here: https://www.thestreet.com/story/137...risk-in-market-goldman-sachs-currie-says.html

Eyebone likes this.
  2. Eyebone

Eyebone Gold Member Gold Chaser

Gold is money.

We just have to have an 'arsenal' to protect it.

Val Celestin likes this.
  3. Val Celestin

Val Celestin New Member

I Wouldn't say arsenal because there are places you can store your precious metals safely..

Eyebone likes this.
  4. Eyebone

Like nowhere is 'safe' dude.

Mujahideen likes this.
  5. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Not even up yer butt.

Eyebone likes this.
  6. Eyebone

I got 'it' but 'it' is in no way 'safe'.

Funny, I went through a faze of carrying 'it' around with me.

Now I just plant 'it' with my tomatoes.

Which are almost done so I'll plant 'it' under some collards which do well here in the winter.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016