1. The USD and Stocks continue to power up, with Crude now catching a bid on a breakout of old highs
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thur Morning GIM! Gold is up this am 6.7 to 1240, while Silver is up 4 to 17.99. Crude is up 68 to 5427. The USD is up 12 to 101.32.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 2/17/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1239.10-- Silver $18.03-- Oil $53.78-- USD $100.95 -- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1304.51 (1), SAE $21.15 (20)

"He Will Die In Jail"- Intelligence Community Ready To "Go Nuclear" On Trump

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Silver, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...intelligence-community-ready-go-nuclear-trump

(The complete article didn't post- link has tweets and video)

After nearly two full days of media hysteria following the forced resignation of General Michael Flynn as National Security Advisor, a resignation which the Trump administration attributed to a 'trust issue' rather than any concerns over the legality of his actions, Trump took to twitter to ask why no one within the media seemed to care about the mass leaks being "illegally given out by "intelligence" like candy" before describing the actions as "very un-American."

And earlier today at a press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Trump again called out the intelligence community saying they continue to commit "criminal acts" in leaking intelligence reports.

"Papers are being leaked, things are being leaked. It's a criminal action, criminal act. People are trying to cover up for a terrible loss that the Democrats had under Hillary Clinton."

"I think it's very unfair what's happened with General Flynn and the documents and papers that were illegally leaked."

As it turns out, at least according to former NSA intelligence analyst John Schindler, the folks within the intelligence community aren't taking too kindly to being called out by the President for their "criminal acts" or to being referred to as "very un-American." By way of reminder, this is the same John Schindler who ended his relationship with the Naval War College after he was caught in a sexting scandal...

it was not Schindler’s unhinged comments that brought him to official disgrace. It was, ironically, his inappropriate use of communications technology.

The former employee of the premiere signal intelligence agency of the world stupidly decided to send a picture of his penis to a person he met on the internet. The picture, along with a corresponding email where Schindler said he was not in a traditional marriage, were made public by Twitter user @Currahee88. According to @Currahee88 the information was released to shame Schindler though Schindler initially speculated he may be the victim of an intelligence operation.

Schindler was subsequently put on leave from the Naval War College pending a review. The review was completed with the result reportedly told to Schindler in late July that he was out at the Naval War College. He was apparently given the option of resigning rather than being fired, which he took.

But we digress. In a series of tweets posted earlier today, Schindler relayed the very blunt thoughts of a "senior intelligence community friend":

"Now we go nuclear. IC war going to new levels. Just got an EM fm senior IC friend, it began: "He will die in jail."

So when efforts to spin a Russian hacking narrative fail to sway an electorate in the desired direction of the intelligence community, we guess treason is the logical next step?

searcher, phoneman and Son of Gloin like this.
  2. mayhem

mayhem A Different Perspective Seeker

Retired
    I think he will now regret not standing with Flynn. Allowing Pence, Prebius and Ryan to push Flynn out the door was a big mistake. Rumors abound and they all can't be false. I won't repeat them here, but some are not very good. Let's say that there are a lot of resume's going out right now, and that is the least of it.

The fight is on. Godspeed Mr. Trunp.

3. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Flynn was a liar, nothing more, nothing less....a good lesson to be learned....No matter how good you are- do not lie to your boss.

searcher, Irons, Aurumag and 5 others like this.
  4. <SLV>

<SLV> Gold Member Gold Chaser

Trump didn't want the Flynn controversy to set the narrative for his burgeoning presidency. I think he will be quick to throw anyone overboard who distracts from his agenda. I think it was a smart move. Now his biggest challenge will be to root out all of the treasonous moles Obama brought into bureaucratic employment.

5. FoundingFathers

FoundingFathers Founder Founding Member Site Mgr Site Supporter

A Civil War has started. The political establishment will fight to the death to defend their status quo. I hope and pray Mr. Trump expected nothing less.

6. engineear

engineear Seeker Seeker

Medical field
    1 day closer.....

7. Silver

Silver Gold Member Gold Chaser

Flynn was loyal to Trump when he had little high profile support. Since the CIA, the CIA Mockingbird media, and demorats were successful in ousting one of Trump's loyalists, they are emboldened, and this will not cycle out of the news cycle - they will trumpet their triumph until the next one, then the next one. He should have purged the CIA, not accepted his resignation.

8. mayhem

Retired
    Exactly!

Flynn was in charge of them all. Sure hope not to many innocents get killed in the process. If I were his family I wouldn't be going anywhere without a tank. Crappy way to live.

9. mayhem

Retired
    Succulent comment from zh.

Make no doubt about it, the biggest winner in a Trump exit is the GOP Establishment... a Pence-Ryan succession is a GOP Wet Dream... never in a million years would these slugs have ever had a chance to win a national Presidential election. Years from now this coup will be seen is another step in the disintegration of the American Imperium... mirroring the breakdown in Athenian and Roman Empires... positively Shakespearean...

searcher, Silver, Hystckndle and 2 others like this.
  10. mayhem

Retired
    The way these people are going after an innocent man, it is quite obvious that this so-called intelligence community is no different from the FSB that they so deeply loathe. At least the russian intelligence on the face seems deeply loyal to their leadership and country. The US "intelligence" community is revealing themselves to be a bunch of snakes only loyal to their neo-con masters. Remember those fake Iraq wmds these guys created so that America could be dragged to war and the neo-con masters could make it rich ? I am guessing that these jerks also leaked info about the Navy SEAL raid that happened last month which resulted in one US service member death. This is actual treason. I am quite surprised that the US military is very quietly watching on the sidelines while these treacherous people go wild.

madhu, Silver, <SLV> and 2 others like this.
  11. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter

Architect
    Very interesting times we live in.

12. anywoundedduck

anywoundedduck Gold Member Gold Chaser

Data Architect, Systems Engineer, Business Owner,
    Trump needs a friend in the intelligence business to out the traitorous bastards.
    One would think that Comey would be all to willing to be that friend.
    I am sure the cream will rise to the top eventually.
    In the mean time, MSM is off the rails, making a mountain out of an ant hill.

Irons and D-FENZ like this.
  13. FoundingFathers

14. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

Buck and FoundingFathers like this.
  15. Rollie Free

Rollie Free Midas Member Midas Member

We are engaging in a civil war of sorts and need to understand that. Every move Trump makes or doesn't make , there will be howling from the media. You either get used to it and move one or become a neurotic mess.

Last night I watched David Muir, the anchor for a NBC/CBS/ABC.. forget which one bleat out one story after another about the 'Russian Crisis' that Trump is going through. It was clips of liberal senators, congressman, other officials etc. going on about how this really makes Trump look bad, we are going to look into it ..etc. etc.

But you know what was missing in all these stories? Any thing that had to do with what this 'Russian Crisis' might be about. It was just feigned reaction. So far as I can see they took a footnote and tried to make Watergate out of it.

This will go on every night from now until they get their way. Whether they impeach him or kill him. Its looking like evil intent.

D-FENZ, the_shootist, Alton and 3 others like this.
  16. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

Free Marketeer
    Agreed but Pence wasn't his boss

17. the_shootist

Architect
    Flynn lied to 'the organization' That's enough to get fired in any big company. I look at Trump as being the company CEO and he runs the country like he ran his businesses. That's why we hired him, isn't it?

18. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

Interesting plot
    Spin the Spinners

Wait for them to all fall down and simply place them all under arrest

Seems too easy but since I have people like the Bushes and heroes like John McCain telling me how'd they'd saved my life time after time, I'd given up on the prospect of ever having a True Leader so, the simple things were never going to happen

President Trump in the House:band player 3:

19. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Trump continues to gather "the people" to his side.
    Who would watch, read or listen to this crap? I know very few that watch the news the way my dad did.
    I know no one that reads the news papers anymore.
    A friend was listening to NPR for Trumps press conference & they cut him off and the radio was dead.
    Who goes to movies or even watches TV shows with these liberal "actors".

One more point. All these actors, rappers, athletes & self important types that were heading to Canada.......... not a single one said they would move to Africa. If they did would that make them an American African?

20. Fanakapan

Fanakapan Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

The GOP in Congress need to think about the midterms, and start helping the President push back on all the nonsense coming out ?

Maybe they need reminding how pissed the folks who voted for President Trump will be, should he be bowed down by the continuing stream of 'News' that has a manufactured feel to it.

Ensoniq and mayhem like this.
  21. mayhem

Retired
    He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

Ensoniq likes this.
  22. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

FoundingFathers, mayhem and Ensoniq like this.
  23. gliddenralston

gliddenralston Gold Member Gold Chaser

The treasonist's cabinet is full of treachery!! No honor among thieves.

24. oldgaranddad

oldgaranddad Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

I fully expect to see Flynn come back in another role. His position will be as a day to day adjunct to someone in a position to allow him to have revenge on the back stabbers. This is a signature Trump move. Flynn will be very motivated to give payback and in turn do Trump's ultimate bidding.

25. mayhem

Retired
    I read something like that late last night. It was at the top of the ZH site and those articles dissapear quickly. Should have posted it but it was 3:00 AM this morning and I needed to get up at 7.

Flynn was the real deal that's why I was so pissed he was let go. I sure hope that was the case. If so Trump has these leekers and the MSM right where he want's them.

26. mayhem

Retired
    Robert Harward Rejects Trump's Offer To Become Next National Security Advisor

[​IMG]
    by Tyler Durden
    Feb 17, 2017 5:20 AM
    SHARES
    Bloomberg's third report, it now appears confirmed that Harward is officially out:

Robert Harward, a retired U.S. Navy vice admiral, turned down President Donald Trump’s offer to become national security adviser, officials said, just days after the resignation of Michael Flynn following revelations he misled administration officials over his contact with Russia.

Harward, the chief executive of Lockheed Martin United Arab Emirates, who served on the National Security Council under former President George W. Bush, informed Trump Thursday about his decision not to take the job, according to the two administration officials, who requested anonymity because the offer wasn’t made public.

Robert Harward, a retired U.S. Navy vice admiral, turned down President Donald Trump’s offer to become national security adviser, officials said, just days after the resignation of Michael Flynn following revelations he misled administration officials over his contact with Russia.

Harward, the chief executive of Lockheed Martin United Arab Emirates, who served on the National Security Council under former President George W. Bush, informed Trump Thursday about his decision not to take the job, according to the two administration officials, who requested anonymity because the offer wasn’t made public.

It has been a day of turmoil for President Trump, who after finding himself on the defensive following Monday's resignation by Mike Flynn (which may or may not lead to legal charges) and allegedly getting snubbed by Vladimir Putin, now has another potential crisis on his hands: according to both the FT and CBS, Trump's pick for National Security Advisor, Robert Harward - Lockheed Martin's CEO for the UAE - has turned down the President's offer, citing "obvious dysfunctionality" in the administration.

[​IMG]

According to the FT, it is not yet a complete rejection as "Trump is trying to convince his preferred candidate to succeed Michael Flynn as national security adviser to change his mind after the retired admiral tapped for the role told the US president that he could not accept the White House position."

Mr Trump asked Robert Harward, a retired navy special forces officer to succeed Mr Flynn, who was fired as national security adviser on Monday. At a press conference on Thursday, he said his decision to replace Mr Flynn had been made easier because he had an “outstanding” candidate to serve as a replacement.

But Mr Harward is said to have turned Mr Trump down. “Harward is conflicted between the call of duty and the obvious dysfunctionality,” said one person with first hand knowledge of the discussions between Mr Trump and Mr Harward. The second person said Mr Trump had asked Mr Harward to return to the White House for another meeting to try to change his mind.

As the FT adds, "one of the people familiar with Mr Harward’s decision said he was concerned about whether the top advisers around Mr Trump would allow him to install his own staff on the NSC — particularly after suggestions that KT McFarland, Mr Flynn’s deputy, had been asked to remain. When he was offered the position, Mr Harward had told Mr Trump that he wanted some time to think over the idea."

A separate report by CBS gives the courting process more closure, stating that "Robert Harward turns down Trump's offer to be new national security adviser."

Vice Admiral Robert Harward has rejected President Trump’s offer to be the new national security adviser, CBS News’ Major Garrett reports.

Sources close to the situation told Garrett Harward and the administration had a dispute over over staffing the security council.

Two sources close to the situation confirm Harward Harward demanded his own team, and the White House resisted. Specifically, Mr. Trump told Deputy National Security Adviser K. T. McFarland that she could retain her post, even after the ouster of National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. Harward refused to keep McFarland as his deputy, and after a day of negotiations over this and other staffing matters, Harward declined to serve as Flynn’s replacement.

Should Harward's position remain unchanged, it would mean that Trump may have no choice but to turn to David Petraeus:

One of the other contenders for the job was David Petraeus, a retired general who was widely respected, but fell from grace during his time as head of the Central Intelligence Agency for passing secret information to his mistress. The final candidate was Keith Kellogg, a retired army general who had served as chief of staff to Mr Flynn on the NSC and who is serving as the interim head of the inter-agency body.

While it remains to be seen if Harward is indeed out, it is troubling if suddenly Trump can not even find willing and qualified candidates to fill the gaping holes among his top security advisors.
    ---
    Let's hope when Harward hears that Flynn used that call to trap the leekers he might change his mind. But I don't believe he will if he can't bring the people he trusts in, and Trump won't compromise on McFarland and sow more distrust. Maybe McFarland will agree to some other post and they can make a deal because Petraeus would be a really bad choice. Not to many qualified people to choose from.

FoundingFathers likes this.
  27. keef

keef Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Retired Hoser
    Too late for them, Trump has already hit his own 'nuclear' button.

His preemptive strike yesterday was just the start. The old Don is back, ready to shit can the world.. Yeahhhh

28. the_shootist

Architect
    The British seems to be very polarized about Trump...very similar to what's going on in the US. The bald guy looks like he spends a lot of time with Soros' dick in his mouth. The guy with the beard has his shit together!

29. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

I love the buzz words the left uses over and over. Unhinged, mentally unstable like it's all sent out in a group email.

30. the_shootist

Architect
    [​IMG]

Ensoniq likes this.
  31. Silvergun

Silvergun Silver Member Silver Miner

Land Surveyor
    Is there literally no more honest, patriotic, constitutionalist, america loving participants in the intelligence community anymore?

32. the_shootist

Architect
    I'm posting this for our 'intelligence community' who is trying to fundamentally change Amerika! (we're taking you down)

This is for you comrades!!

33. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

They're out there. It's just that the asshats are in the administrative positions.

mayhem likes this.
  34. FoundingFathers

This guy is great!

35. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

Free Marketeer
    Sebastian Gorka

Trump hired him away from Fox News

Same (great) rap

FoundingFathers likes this.