1. Potus out of town, all is pretty quiet for now
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Mon Morning! Gold catches a bid +2.7 to 1256, while Silver is +16 to 1696. Crude still moving up 48 to 5115. The USD is down 6 and breaks 97, 9696.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/13/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1227.70-- UP 0.80 Silver $16.40-- UP 13 Oil $47.84-- UP 1.62 USD $99.13 -- UP .61
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

indiana republicans love tax increases

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Rusty Shackelford, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    Alton likes this.
  2. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

can I suggest:
    The Republicans in the House Legislature in the fine state of Indiana are NOT Conservative? Probably haven't been in some time?
    Seems the tables have been turned:
    "
    House Democrat Leader Scott Pelath says it’s just too much.

“The tax is just too big. You might be able to convince people about some of the tax, but the tolls are really going to bother folks.”"

Unless I've gone insane, and I might have, to find a Democrat who doesn't want a tax increase is like finding the winner of this years ass kicking contest to be a man with one leg

3. Rusty Shackelford

wastewater
    Indiana also looking to increase cut taxes $1 to $1.50 a pack. Which based on population and % of smokers (assuming pack a day habit which won't be kicked) is over $875 million in new revenue.

And don't give me the health care cost argument. Yes it helps drive health costs but it seems as though they always attribute every single ailment to smoking if you smoke just to drive the agenda. Amazingly my health care costs have skyrocketed after I quit 12 years ago. Not smoking related, but I am sure if I smoked the costs would be put on that side of the ledger.

gringott and Alton like this.
  4. Alton

Alton Gold Member Gold Chaser

We knew it would come to this. MFers been looting by gas taxes forever and Hoosier roads still suck. Been pillaging by excise taxes for years but roads still suck. Where I'm at we get plundered by a "wheel tax" and the roads still suck...Oh! and 7% of the bridges here are graded as "substandard". But Indiana gov has a website now and it's much more convenient and efficient to pay the excise tax for your plastic plates. This way they have bucks to pay newly minted civil engineers for traffic circles that are too tall and too small in diameter. Then go back to Eastern Standard Time with the added bonus of "Daylight Savings Time" so kids can go stand on the corner in the dark while waiting for their mandated school bus and enjoy their hour ride to the other side of town to get indoctrinated. Can't have the l'il darlins walking 4 blocks to the school in their neighborhood.

Oops! My meds must be wearing off...

gringott likes this.
  5. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    ....is a pay increase for the legislature on the docket yet??........tried some of that crap in MO here lately and we got it squelched.....last election cycle had two "sin" tax proposals on it everything was voted down resoundingly doubt we will see much more for a year or two...

gringott likes this.
  6. Rusty Shackelford

wastewater
    I might not bitch about it too much if the taxes collected at the pump were used in the county that said tax derived from. But I guarantee it will all go to marion county to spend on 465 and the the new i-69 south extension. My little county might get a few thousand to chip and seal a road or two.

ttazzman likes this.
  7. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Taxes are a cancer that keeps growing to feed .gov and the unions pensions, they have no where to go but up , look at Detroits and many other cities, going up up and awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy