1. Thurs am and USD regains some lost ground, now over 101
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thur Morning! To start we have Gold down 9 to 1202, while Silver is down 31 to 1695. We have Crude up on supply info after a big downswing, +31 to 5221. The USD is back above 101 at 101.12.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 1/7/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1173.40-- UP 21.70 Silver $16.52-- UP 54 Oil $53.99 -- UP 27 TICS USD $102.21 -- DOWN 7 Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1243.95 (1), SAE $19.53 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

It's Not Over Yet

Discussion in 'Politics Forum (Local/National/World)' started by Eyebone, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Eyebone

Eyebone Gold Member Gold Chaser

Donald Trump’s ascension to the presidency is all but certain. The popular vote, even if it favors Hillary Clinton, is ultimately meaningless and faithless electors. The internet’s favorite thing for the last week, essentially represents a lost cause. For those Americans who oppose Trump, there is no clear path forward. There is, however, one remaining procedural roadblock that could be erected. Senators and representatives from states that voted for Trump could use an arcane law to commandeer electors. It would not be the first time that happened.

https://www.inverse.com/article/23889-faithless-electors-congress-electoral-college

2. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Architect
    Why yes, they certainly can stop Trump, despite all the hurdles he's cleared up until now. Actually I would not be that sad to see them do that. Civil War 2.0 has been a long time coming!!!

Eyebone and Son of Gloin like this.
  3. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Articles a bit old , however in their last hail mary pass the libertards and now claiming 50 of Trumps electoral college voters didnt live in the proper area to be an elector and now want congress to vote for a new president.

Eyebone likes this.
  4. dacrunch

dacrunch Gold Member Gold Chaser

"Rule of Law"

... just depending which law you want to rule, so many of them...

I'd start out by repealing all of them... and starting with "Don't do to others that which you wouldn't want them to do to you"... (with religions, too...)

Eyebone likes this.
  5. Eyebone

Eyebone Gold Member Gold Chaser

gimme dat link.. Please.

6. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Architect
    /thread

It didn't happen despite the Dims raising holy hell anyway...all swings and misses!

7. Agavegirl1

Agavegirl1 Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

You will not believe me if I told you.
    I'm so sick of all this "winning".

mayhem likes this.
  8. mayhem

mayhem Silver Miner Seeker

The last hurdle was cleared today when crazy Biden would've gone along with the objection calls from house members in the joint session of congress today. He graveled them down and Trump Electoral College votes were certified by the congress.

9. mayhem

mayhem Silver Miner Seeker

Now, will Barkey and his husband leave?

Son of Gloin likes this.
  10. Agavegirl1

Agavegirl1 Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

You will not believe me if I told you.
    Perhaps the Dems have learned that What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Hairy Weed's nuclear option will come back to bite them. If they obstruct the electoral process here, what is to stop a Repub congress from failing to certify a Dem candidate next time? Can't buck the system that worked for them.

Son of Gloin likes this.
  11. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    Feck... you guys take complex, one up it then mind feck it for good measure! WHY are there so many 'loop holes' in this system you call democracy!!! and you lot bag us for using the Westminster system. Jesus H. Christ! :p:D