1. Fed Chair states 'interest rate rise coming in months', USD flying to the up on the news
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Holiday Friday is up, and going into the extended weekend we have Gold down 2 to 1218, while Silver is down 4 to 16.30. Oil is continuing to roll off that 50, now down 39 to 49.09. The USD is +11 at 95.27 and awaiting GDP report this am.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/14/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1272.70 DOWN 21.3-- Silver $17.13 DOWN 26-- Oil $46.21 up 1.55--- USD $94.59 UP 71 tics-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1339.59 (1), SAE $20.36 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

Man allegedly robbed of more than $2 million worth of gold outside his apartment

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by needler, Oct 24, 2012.

1. needler

needler Silver Member Silver Miner

http://news.yahoo.com/video/man-allegedly-robbed-more-2-193000694.html

First rule to owning two million dollars worth of gold is buy a house and not live in apartments next to other people.

I never get why other people give indications to how much you own. You're asking to get kidnapped. Same fools think because they own a gun they will get the first shot.

This guy was asking to get robbed. With that much money id employ armed gurads. Perfect example of someone knowing what you have and coming to get it.

Ishkabibble likes this.
  2. Ishkabibble

Ishkabibble Gold Member Gold Chaser

Read the summary. That was an OPSEC issue. They knew he had the gold. He still would if he'd kept it secret.

Loose lips sink ships.

3. needler

needler Silver Member Silver Miner

That's my point. There are many members on this site and others even youtube etc. They let too many people know what they shouldn't. Saying you had a boat accident and lost it all just makes it worse.

Tell the wrong people you have 50 ounces of gold in your house and they will process that.

4. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

Home Improvement Contractor
    Hard to make stuff like this up. 2.6 mil worth in an apartment. Theive wearing GPS ankle bracelet. $15,000.00 reward for returning 2.6 million dollars worth of the lovely yellow stuff. Wow. :vollkommenauf:

5. Irons

Irons Deep Sixed Mother Lode

Same thing happened to me. They got it all! :cry_smile:

smilershouse and hammerhead like this.
  6. <===Foolsgold

<===Foolsgold Gold Member Site Supporter Gold Chaser

Then they threw it in the damn lake, those bassturds. :lol04:

7. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

Home Improvement Contractor
    PHP:
    Same guys too?

Oh damn too bad Joe.

8. Ishkabibble

One of the interesting challenges to OPSEC is how believable one's position is. I am quite prepped for what may come, but have no PM's. Believe me, this is not by choice. I would rather have some than none, but property is more important in my plan, so that is to be my next acquisition. It leaves me quite vulnerable. Where many here need to address the risks to having PMs, I need to address the risk of not having them. I am in a very compromised position compared to other GIM members. I have nothing to offer in the event of a threat. Were I ever in a position that tapping my PMs made sense, I'd be unable. The only PM I own is a 20 yr old wedding band, lost in the bottom of a packed box... from a marriage that expired 10 years ago. I don't even know which box it is within.

Brings me to a conundrum of questions. If this man had no gold, and was approached by the same robbers who thought he did, would he be living today? Not a comfortable thought.

9. samwiii

samwiii Gold Member Gold Chaser

All this talk of audits (the Fed, the German central bank, etc...), I decided to complete an audit of my own. $1.25 in junk silver, a 1/10 AGE, and that silver Russian coin I got from stas3000. Not even enough to go boating with, I'd say.

Solo and Ishkabibble like this.
  10. Ishkabibble

Comforting to know I'm not alone. Thanks Samwiii

11. Alric

Alric Midas Member Midas Member

If it was for a business, should of insured it and hired a body guard. Either the body guard stops them or you collect the insurance.

12. Tbonz

Tbonz Gold Member Gold Chaser

Just wondering if the lucky individual was a member of GIM2?:beerglass:

13. GodspeedMetals

GodspeedMetals Gold Member Gold Chaser

Good to know other peeps are stacking.

Perhaps I should start someday.