1. Have a great Memorial Weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Gone Fishin'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/27/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1268.30-- Silver $17.32-- Oil $49.80-- USD $97.36 --
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Masters Tournament

Discussion in 'Golf, Football, and all Ball sports' started by Scorpio, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Spieth in lead after round 1 and part of 2

The other big players, Day had a bad back nine yesterday and came in even,
    McElroy doing fine but back a bit,

and the media darling, for what reason wtf knows, but fowler is not going to make the cut.
    Fowler hasn't won anything of significant nature but the media keeps pumping him as good, when point of fact is, he isn't.

2. RTHRBGLFN

RTHRBGLFN New Member

Fowler not good? Ranked fifth in the world. Has won four tournaments in the last year, including the players, which is considered the fifth major, and has the strongest field in professional golf. Finished top five in all four majors in 2014, only two other guys have done that: Jack and Tiger. Lots of great golfers have shot big scores at Augusta the past two days. Look at Adam Scott, probably the hottest golfer on the planet not named Jason day, and a former masters champion, shot 76. I'm a Speith guy, btw.

3. Scorpio

'preciate your point for sure, just don't see him as top tier. To me he is in the 2nd tier at best.

McElroy only 1 behind now setting up quite a weekend as Spieth drops a couple today,

Day was a surprise, but then again augusta is a putting course and doesn't play to the power game of Day. Yep on Scott as he was playing really really well. Which was nice to see from him until masters week showed up.

I wasn't a tiger fan at all, but can admit that he was the total package, power and finesse. The guy was flat good.

as for my bias, always thought the masters was a maximum of 3rd best major. I always thought British 1, then US Open 2, then the masters, and the rest of the pretend majors.

4. RTHRBGLFN

RTHRBGLFN New Member

If you consider Speith, McIlroy, and Day as the only guys in the top tier, then I guess fowler would be considered 2nd tier.

The masters definitely has the weakest field of the majors, but it is still my personal favorite. There is just something about ANGC that gets my golf juices flowing. The open championship is my #2, and then the us and pga. Like I said, if you want to go on strength of field, the players championship at sawgrass is the most elite field in golf.

It should be a great weekend of golf ahead. Speith comes back to the field. McIlroy right there. Not a single golfer broke 70 today, but the weather is supposed to be better over the weekend. Can't wait for Sunday.

I believe Speith angered the golf gods, by saying that he just sees the lines around the place yesterday, but in the end, I believe he will be putting on green jacket #2 on Sunday. As long as it's not McIlroy I'll be happy. That guy just rubs me the wrong way.

Scorpio likes this.
  5. Scorpio

I hear ya,

Spieth has to work with a lot less distance than the DJ, Day, Watson types. Makes him have to actually play golf better. He has shown that he can do just that.

That display Day put on with the pga last year was quite a sight. There was no one that was going to come close to him that week.

As for your gold juices, I get that, as the history going back to BJones is unequaled for a single course other than probably St Andrews? Around here, in the north country, it is typically also the beginning of the season. Although this year it is far too cold yet and the 'ole global warming thing isn't working worth a darn.

Re course, my favorite is Pebble, and surprisingly, I get a kick out of Whistling Straights, even as new as it is.

6. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

7. Scorpio

search,

they must have pulled the link, no worky for me re Trevino

8. searcher

9. searcher

10. Scorpio

Spieth bogey double bogey to finish today dragging his lead down to 1

Ouch,

Just couldn't keep the wheels on for the whole round, yet still in the lead for the 7th straight round in the masters,
    So it isn't as though he is playing bad, just tough out there.

Besides, the phony greens of the masters always does stuff like this,

11. Scorpio

Get a kick out of all the talking heads with no accomplishments pounding on Spieth,

He has led 7 straight masters rounds,
    He only shot 1 over,
    Still leads again,
    Shot 4 strokes or so better than field avg,

and yet they want to whine about the last couple of holes,
    especially when your playing partner is burning strokes,

He did great IMO

12. searcher

13. searcher

Masters 2016: Rory McIlroy challenge crumbles at Augusta as Jordan Spieth maintains one-shot lead despite late collapse
    • The much-anticipated duel between Rory McIlroy and Jordan Spieth failed to materialise on third day of the Masters
    • Northern Irishman failed to muster a single birdie as he carded 77 to finish two-over par and five shots behind
    • With two holes to play Spieth led by four strokes but struck a bogey-double bogey to finish on 73 and lead by one
    • American Smylie Kaufman lies second with Bernhard Langer and Hideki Matsuyama only two shots adrift of the lead

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-3532059/Masters-2016-Rory-McIlroy-challenge-crumbles-Augusta-Jordan-Spieth-maintains-one-shot-lead-despite-late-collapse.html#ixzz45QD0Tss1
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

14. searcher

Masters leaderboard 2016 LIVE: Day four action with Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day and Co at Augusta National

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-3532487/Masters-leaderboard-live-2016-GOLF-Day-four-results-scores-tee-times-odds-TV-schedule-action.html#ixzz45RAbB0Wl

15. Scorpio

underway at augusta, and no one really making a move yet,

all kind of on hold until the back nine which can many times become a shoot out

16. Scorpio

Spieth had it in his hand, then gave back 6 in 3 holes, along with the masters,

17. searcher

Danny Willett wins the 80th Masters with sensational final round as Jordan Spieth collapses when in commanding lead at Augusta
    • Sheffield-born Danny Willett is Masters champion after shooting an impressive final round of 67 at Augusta
    • Jordan Spieth, who had led throughout the major, was in pole position to win before crumbling on the back nine
    • Willett is the first British golfer in 20 years to be awarded the cherished green jacket following his sensational win

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-3533073/Danny-Willett-wins-80th-Masters-sensational-final-round-Jordan-Spieth-collapses-commanding-lead-Augusta.html#ixzz45TQ1dG3l

18. searcher

Golf is such a cruel game sometimes! Jordan Spieth is trolled mercilessly online after reigning Masters champ blows commanding lead on the back nine and then has to present the winner with his jacket
    • Jordan Spieth, who had led throughout the Masters Tournament, was in pole position to win before crumbling on the back nine on Sunday
    • He hoped to become only the fourth player to win back-to-back titles at Augusta National
    • As 22-year-old Spieth's down spiral kicked off in the back nine of the final round, Twitter users began trolling the golfer, using memes and gifs
    • The young golfer, though defeated and disappointed, was praised for how he gracefully handled his post-match interview
    • Following Spieth's tragic back nine, Danny Willett won the championship
    • See full coverage of the Masters 2016 with more on Jordan Spieth's blow

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3533170/Jordan-Spieth-trolled-mercilessly-Twitter-blowing-commanding-Masters-lead-final-day-tournament.html#ixzz45VRBANe5

19. searcher

20. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

So where is the Slaves tournament played?