1. After a week and 1/2 of straight up, stocks look for a break prior to Holiday weekend.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Fri Morning! Gold is up 9.6 to 1266. Silver is up 10 to 17.30. Crude is up 31 to 49.31. The USD is down 17 to 97,00.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/13/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1227.70-- UP 0.80 Silver $16.40-- UP 13 Oil $47.84-- UP 1.62 USD $99.13 -- UP .61
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

My 88 Blazer K5 Silverado 4x4 is for sale.

Discussion in 'Auto, Tractor, Motorcycles, Racing, and Mechanics' started by mayhem, May 3, 2017.

1. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    I have decided to sell my dear 88 Blazer. It had been sitting for two years in the garage as I had difficulty getting into it after the two spine surgery's. So I put new battery's (2) in it yesterday, and I'm now able to clime in it so I got in and crossed my fingers hoping it would start. It's a 6.2 diesel and there was some concern about the 1/2 tank of old fuel. But I was comfortable that the fuel would be OK as I put in biocides and have a good marine water separator filter inline. Jumped in, touched the gas pedal to set the high idle, waited for the glow plug light to go out, and in the meantime the Carter high pressure electric fuel pump stopped whirring, turned the key to start, and varoom, it started instantly after 2 years. Horray for me! Pressed the power window switch's to lower the windows and proceeded to take a ride around the block (1.4 miles) even though the tag has long expired. I love that truck, and it will break my heart to sell it, but it has to go as we are downsizing.

Features: Factory AC, power windows, power door locks, tilt wheel, cruise control, leather interior, factory alloy wheels (very scarce), self locking front hubs, factory tow package w/trans oil cooler, factory engine oil cooler, original owners manual, Carter high volume/high pressure electric fuel pump. New Monroe HD shocks (4 shock kit installed up front) front and rear.

No lift kit or wackey suspension alterations. One small minor dent on the edge of the right front wheel well. Probably could be fixed with just a hammer, no filler needed. New rear window gut's. Works super smooth now. New driver side window motor. All the exterior rubber exterior window wipes are new. NO frame, floor pan, or rocker panel rust anywhere. Super heavy duty undercoating and sound suppression was applied when new.

Millage: 130600 +/- 20 original verifiable miles. Ya'all have seen these pics as avatars but here are larger versions.
    K5front.jpg

K5leftside.jpg

K5rightrear.jpg

Asking: $9,000. Put a couple grand into this truck (mostly small detail stuff) and you have a winning show vehicle.

2. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Auto or manual transmission? And where's it located (state/area)?

mayhem likes this.
  3. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    Auto 4 speed R-700 rebuilt at 84,000 miles.
    West Palm Beach FL.