1. Opec decision day, news will be out re their plans
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Weds morning all, Gold is down 1.1 to 1324, while Silver is +5 to 1921. Oil is at 44.96 +29 tics. The USD is up 17 to 9549.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 9/24/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1337.50 UP 31.30-- Silver $19.81 UP 95-- Oil $44.48 UP 86 TICS--- USD $95.39 DOWN 66 tics-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1409.04(1), SAE $22.87 (20)
  4. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

Nationwide Coin & Bullion-THUMBS DOWN

Discussion in 'PM Dealer Feedback' started by Usury, May 18, 2011.

1. Usury

Usury Gold Member Gold Chaser

So last month I placed an order for an ad found in VFW magazine for 10-1/10 oz gold eagles with this company. The price was good--about spot or just above at the time. However, I have not received any coins nor has my card been charged. I called them today to inquire about my order and was told that they sold out so they cannot fill my order. W....T....F!!!! OK, so what happened to a verbal contract based on an order being placed??? Screw 'em......in fact I think I'm done with ANY dealer that I cannot place a live order online and lock in the price and have some written evidence to back it up.

2. gringott

gringott Midas Member Site Supporter Midas Member

I placed an order as well. It never showed up on my credit card. The salesman wanted to up sell me to some gold Olympic coin, he said the 1/10 OZT AGE 'was like a dime' 'nobody would want something like that'.
    He was like a bad used car salesman. I have written a letter to the VFW about this firm, and the bait and switch tactics. Hopefully they will not be allowed to advertise in the VFW magazine again.

3. Usury

Usury Gold Member Gold Chaser

Yeah they tried to up sell me also. I listened and considered it and might have jumped as I was buying some other stuff at that time, but I just found better deals elsewhere. That and being this was my first time dealing with this outfit I didn't want to place too large of an order. It seems that was sound logic. I just don't understand how you cannot have a system in place to know in real time what inventory is available so that you don't oversell it. Although who knows...perhaps they "allocated" their stock to the buyers that purchased their other products as well. Either way it stinks and is bad business. If they made an honest mistake, then PAY FOR IT. That's what we have to do in my business. Sometimes it sucks, but you honor your commitments. If the mint wasn't making them anymore then I might understand, but they did not even give me the option to wait until they get in another order and agree to honor it at the same price or lower in the event the price fell.

4. gringott

gringott Midas Member Site Supporter Midas Member

It is more likely they are doing what is called a 'bait and switch' operation. Sears was taken down by the FTC years ago in Chicago for the same thing. They would advertise a TV or a stereo for a low price. The customer would come in to buy it, the salesman's job was to NOT sell you the item you came for, but switch you to a higher profit item. This company appears to be operating the same way, with the caveat that they are in poor control of their inventory, and it seems they have no intent to produce the product they advertised.
    When the guy tried to up sell me, I was not rude, I listened and then told him I wanted to see how a small purchase went with his firm before I spent more.
    It tells much that they handled the small purchase so poorly. I was never contacted in any way about the order.
    This is a borderline criminal operation.

5. gator

gator New Member

Unfortunately, I leaped before I looked when responding to a magazine ad from Nationwide Coin & Bullion Reserve for 1/10 oz. gold eagles. I wanted to order ten of them but the rep. immediately began telling me how small they were but he would sell me instead a "much larger and more desirable" coin for a reduced price. When pressed for details, it turned out that this "much larger and more desirable" coin was a modern $10.00 eagle. At the price he quoted, that would have made gold over $7.000 per oz. I declined his generous offer. A few days later, I was informed that they were out of 1/10 oz'ers but would substitute something else. Again, I declined and told them to cancel the entire order. In the future, I will do research before before risking a sizeable amount of money.

6. rodzm

rodzm Gold Member Gold Chaser

Medic
    Dealt with them before and they started to give me problems saying that the ad was not good anymore, all the while the magazine was actually for that very same month. I threatened to report them to the BBB and they turned around and honored my order. They even went as far to say I was trying to extort them. Very rude people but in the end I got my stuff...I think about 10 days later, all 2011 1/10 oz

The key word is BBB, they seem to be quite scared when you threaten to report them

7. rrdeyoung

rrdeyoung New Member

They had a full page ad in Sunday, March 21, 2015 Parade Magazine for the American Eagle coins at "dealer cost with no markup", or $130 each. This led to me finding out about your website and I'm sure glad that I did. Saved myself time, money and frustration!

8. CopperSilverGold

CopperSilverGold Silver Member Silver Miner

Ok time for the real job - district manager for na
    I feel like a broken record saying this over and over, but cash and carry is the way to go. Even if you have to pay a little extra, seeing what you are potentially buying and being able to take it home that same day is well worth any premium.

TAEZZAR and Mujahideen like this.
  9. SilverBuyer

SilverBuyer Silver Member Silver Miner

Really depends on the individual situation, I've saved so much money ordering online compared to local that I could get ripped off on a fairly large order and I would still be ahead of what I would of paid locally.

I also feel the risk is extremely miniscule if you do some research on who your purchasing from. Dealers like Provident Metals/Apmex/Jmbullion are extremely reputable and about the only time you'd be at risk of not receiving an order from them is if they went bankrupt.

10. Fatboy

Fatboy Silver Member Site Supporter Silver Miner

Used Up and Retired Out
    You all should contact them one more time (and record the date, time and person you spoke with) to tell them to remove you from their mailing and call list. If you do not, you will for sure get mailings from them in the future that will have GOLD/SILVER/COINS/BULLION/etc. in large letters on the outside of the mailing. I filed with the BBB again on 03/02/15 at 09:39. They just won't stop mailing stuff.

11. Krag

Krag Planet earth Gold Chaser

I bought the ones from an Austin company, no real problems but as a loss leader you could order only once.

12. CopperSilverGold

CopperSilverGold Silver Member Silver Miner

Ok time for the real job - district manager for na
    I understand there is a real value to ordering online in terms of savings. The numbers don't lie. However, on top of being able to get one's fix satisfied immediately, I know plenty of people who like buying this way due to the anonymous nature of it. I don't want my mailman or UPS or Fedex driver knowing I buy PM's and certainly don't want any punks handling the shipment along the way or some low paid customer service clerk at a call center knowing my address either. For what it's worth...

TAEZZAR likes this.
  13. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Site Supporter Midas Member

Tired & Retired as a CNC machine shop owner
    ADD: You don't want your name coming up, as a buyer, on an IRS audit.
    ALSO: How long will it be, until the gov. requires the dealers to report PM sales.
    A good relation with your LCD can prevent that.

CopperSilverGold likes this.
  14. Mujahideen

Mujahideen King of ALL blacks. Midas Member

When you get an irs audit, will they come and count your coins?

15. Charlie Prime

Charlie Prime Banned

Sketchy from the start.

16. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

You know Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity & Mark Levin have been buying their gold from Goldline for many years.

Usury likes this.
  17. Krag

Krag Planet earth Gold Chaser

I'm sure the celebs get the gold below cost, you can add to the list G. Gordon Liddy, etc..

18. Mr Paradise

Mr Paradise Midas Member Midas Member

Ya think?