1. TGIF with a holiday in the US on the horizon for Mon. Gold and Silver pulling back this am with gold down 7.9 to 1239 and silver at 15.72 down .07. Oil catching a bid this am at 27.33 and +1.12, while the US Dollar is up slightly.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Need more resources for the Industry Links. Have some guns/ammo, preps, pm dealers, and charts, but need more to make it a go to resource and replace bookmarks. Please send me a conversation with your ideas for others we should add. TIA. Together we will make it a great resource.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 2/13/16 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1239.40 Up 81.70-- Silver $15.79 Up 99 ct-- Oil $29.44 DOWN 1.45-- USD $95.98 DOWN 1.07-- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE $1298.09 (1), SAE $19.12 (20)
  4. Please use the following for log on: www.goldismoney2.com We have moved to a new server. Please reset bookmark accordingly
  5. Added Heartland Precious Metals out of OK and LA to the map, Added Texas Precious Metals, and Added Provident Metals.

Noob Q on selling

Discussion in 'Purchasing Precious Metals' started by RunningScared, Mar 6, 2013.

1. RunningScared

RunningScared Seeker Seeker

I need to sell some gold and it looks like I can get about $125 more by selling to APMEX compared to my local dealer.

But I'm not sure if it's worth it.

How do I ship to APMEX and how much should it cost for insurance, and all that nonsense? Since it is gold the package will not weigh that much.

Do I actually need to go to the post office or can I do everything from home, like I would if I sold something on eBay? I seriously despise going to the post office.

Thanks,

Nate

2. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Site Supporter Gold Chaser

Try selling it here, on the buy sell section. Most guys will pay spot for gold.

3. RunningScared

Even if I did that, how does shipping work?

4. Chester-Copperpot

Chester-Copperpot Gold Member Site Supporter Gold Chaser

Depending on the price, I ship anything over $500 registered USPS insured. Stays under lock and key the whole time. Anything else just use signature confirmation, and insure it.

5. RunningScared

Awesome; thanks man!