1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

NYTimes: Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

Discussion in 'Topical Discussions (In Depth)' started by solarion, Nov 14, 2017.

1. solarion

solarion Gold Member Gold Chaser

...and the divisive propaganda continues:

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

By EKOW N. YANKAHNOV. 11, 2017

My oldest son, wrestling with a 4-year-old’s happy struggles, is trying to clarify how many people can be his best friend. “My best friends are you and Mama and my brother and …” But even a child’s joy is not immune to this ominous political period. This summer’s images of violence in Charlottesville, Va., prompted an array of questions. “Some people hate others because they are different,” I offer, lamely. A childish but distinct panic enters his voice. “But I’m not different.”

It is impossible to convey the mixture of heartbreak and fear I feel for him. Donald Trump’s election has made it clear that I will teach my boys the lesson generations old, one that I for the most part nearly escaped. I will teach them to be cautious, I will teach them suspicion, and I will teach them distrust. Much sooner than I thought I would, I will have to discuss with my boys whether they can truly be friends with white people.

Meaningful friendship is not just a feeling. It is not simply being able to share a beer. Real friendship is impossible without the ability to trust others, without knowing that your well-being is important to them. The desire to create, maintain or wield power over others destroys the possibility of friendship. The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s famous dream of black and white children holding hands was a dream precisely because he realized that in Alabama, conditions of dominance made real friendship between white and black people impossible.

History has provided little reason for people of color to trust white people in this way, and these recent months have put in the starkest relief the contempt with which the country measures the value of racial minorities. America is transfixed on the opioid epidemic among white Americans (who often get hooked after being overprescribed painkillers — while studies show that doctors underprescribe pain medication for African-Americans). But when black lives were struck by addiction, we cordoned off minority communities with the police and threw away an entire generation of black and Hispanic men.

Likewise, despite centuries of exclusion and robust evidence of continuing racism, minority underemployment is often couched in the language of bad choices and personal responsibility. When systemic joblessness strikes swaths of white America, we get an entire presidential campaign centered on globalization’s impact on the white working class. Even the nerve of some rich or visible African-Americans to protest that America, in its laws and in its police, has rarely been just to all has been met with the howls of a president who cannot tolerate that the lucky and the uppity do not stay in their place.

More at this link:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/11/opinion/sunday/interracial-friendship-donald-trump.html

2. hoarder

hoarder Midas Board Mmbr Platinum Bling

This piece of fiction was written for the cause of White guilt....for which the New York Times offered their kind of redemption.

3. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Hummmm...
    E known yankin ov ??? Unh, that's some nom de plume.

BF

JayDubya and hoarder like this.
  4. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Silver stacker
    lol

Where I’m from people treat you based on how you present yourself, skin color doesn’t matter.

If you want to be lazy, do drugs, be a thug or stupid shit those type of people will be your friends and enemies.

5. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    this is what desperation to remain relevant looks like folks....lol

Usury and Mujahideen like this.
  6. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder Hypophthalmichthys molitrix Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Most of the times I read posts, this one... naw.
    1. NT Times
    2. Ekow N. Yankahnov
    3. White people guilt
    Don't look like it's gonna be a good investment of my time.

BF

7. hammerhead

hammerhead Not just a screen name Gold Chaser

Where was this writer during Oblabla's reign?

8. glockngold

glockngold Gold Member Gold Chaser

What kind of a shit parent lets their 4 year old watch TV news about riots?

Answer: The kind of parent that drops their 4 year old off at day care & writes for the NYTimes. (or worse yet teaches the same drivel at law school)

Ekow N. Yankah (@ekownyankah) is a professor at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University.

9. Uglytruth

Uglytruth Gold Member Gold Chaser

Ekow N. Yankahnov

Woken Von Hak Nay

10. hoarder

hoarder Midas Board Mmbr Platinum Bling

Yeshiva University. I guess anyone coulda guessed who the purveyor of White guilt was going to be. thCSFXMISM.jpg
    Now imagine what he would have said if Whites had their own special university for White people, as his tribe has for his people. Oy vey!

EO 11110 and stonedywankanobe like this.
  11. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

And some people are assholes. To me, different might mean "interesting", if they behave like decent people.
    More bullshit. By and large, this "contempt" for certain races is limited. And "the value of racial minorities" is just plain stupid and racist. People have value, not races.

12. solarion

Molyneux's take on the article.

Can My Children Be Friends With White People? - Rebutted!

Stefan Molyneux
    Published on Nov 12, 2017(38m53s)

viking and Goldhedge like this.
  13. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    just hate mongering of course but it seems to be very effective given the anger I'm seeing.

14. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    White Guilt.JPG

Here's a show tune from the 1949 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical South Pacific.South Pacific received scrutiny for its commentary regarding relationships between different races and ethnic groups. In particular, "You’ve Got to Be Carefully Taught" was subject to widespread criticism, judged by some to be too controversial or downright inappropriate for the musical stage. Sung by the character Lieutenant Cable, the song is preceded by a line saying racism is "not born in you! It happens after you’re born..."

Rodgers and Hammerstein risked the entire South Pacific venture in light of legislative challenges to its decency or supposed Communist agenda. While the show was on a tour of the Southern United States, lawmakers in Georgia introduced a bill outlawing entertainment containing "an underlying philosophy inspired by Moscow."

One legislator said that "a song justifying interracial marriage was implicitly a threat to the American way of life." Rodgers and Hammerstein defended their work strongly.

James Michener, upon whose stories South Pacific was based, recalled, "The authors replied stubbornly that this number represented why they had wanted to do this play, and that even if it meant the failure of the production, it was going to stay in."

hammerhead likes this.
  15. edsl48

edsl48 Silver Member Silver Miner

[​IMG]
    EKOW N. YANKAH
    posted with no comment

16. JayDubya

JayDubya Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

And that's the problem right there. Rather than letting his children make their own judgement of whites, by evaluating their own experiences with whites, he's going to (in his words) "teach" them to distrust.

Someone_else and solarion like this.
  17. solarion

Right, because he's a racist. He's using his own political views, views that are plainly at odds with those of our president, as an excuse to teach his children that it's okay to hate others due to the color of their skin. He may have degrees and accolades to his credit, but he is very small minded imo.

Someone_else likes this.
  18. ABC123

ABC123 Silver Member Silver Miner

19. EO 11110

EO 11110 He Hate Me Mother Lode

judeo-bolshevism at work. 'they' are doing everything they can...

Mujahideen likes this.
  20. the_shootist

Oxygen Breather
    WHITE GUY HATES BLACK PEOPLE=RACIST!
    BLACK GUY HATES WHITE PEOPLE=SO BRAVE!

JayDubya likes this.
  21. solarion

Points to the professor for owning up to what he said(mostly), but he's still a small minded racist bigot. Good on Tucker for calling him out on his silly comparison regarding Tucker's daughters and the need to protect them from men. It's not the same as claiming one race or another is "bad" and another is "good". America is very possibly the most diverse and least racist nation in the world, but that's not what you get from the lamestream media.

Thanks for posting this.

JayDubya likes this.
  22. southfork

southfork Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

ekow is a bigot of the first degree