1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Online stock trading action

Discussion in 'Real Estate & Other Investments' started by stonedywankanobe, Dec 1, 2016.

1. stonedywankanobe

stonedywankanobe Gold Member Gold Chaser

Looking for advise on online trading. I'm thinking of doing some minor investing in stocks in the near future. I'm wondering which platform will suit me best as will be starting out small time but looking to hit the bigtime.

Hoping there are some folks here who could point me in the right direction. I'm certainly not giving up on metals just a bit board with them and looking for another way to possibly make some money work for me without having to become a friendly neighborhood crack dealer.

This is the only board I post on and I figure there are plenty folks here who knows what's what.

I'm listening...

2. Alexis John

Alexis John New Member

Well its a good option.

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  3. Zed

Zed Size doesn't count! Midas Member

Nuclear Technician
    The guys that I know that trade US stocks use Interactive Brokers.

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/home.php

Access to a huge range of instruments and global reach if you need it. I think you can buy the ASX through them.

2c DYODD etc...

4. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I like(d) Scottrade but they have just been bought by TD Ameritrade so in 2017 I'll be absorbed by them.
    I liked National Discount Brokers but they're gone too. (When you logged in there was a duck quack when it connected)

stonedywankanobe and Weatherman like this.
  5. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Another good online broker to consider is OptionsXpress (https://www.optionsxpress.com/login/login.aspx?r=1). I do my stock trades through Scottrade, so I don't know much about stocks with OptionsXpress, but they are very good with options and futures too. Good luck!

6. stonedywankanobe

Alexis I thanked your post just to be your first thanks.

Wasn't sure which option you were referring to.

Anyhow, welcome to Gim.

7. louky

louky Silver Member Silver Miner

For small time, testing the waters type trading, i would use robinhood. No fees.

Then once you get comfortable, any one of the brokers mentioned or Fidelity, etrade, whatever.

8. Alexis John

Alexis John New Member

One way to determine whether or not the company will be able to maintain and raise its annual dividend yield is to look at its free cash flow. This is the amount of money left over after capital expenditures.

9. stonedywankanobe

Thanks, I went the friendly neighborhood crack dealing route.

andial likes this.
  10. Montecristo

Montecristo Silver Member Silver Miner

I use Interactive Brokers because I mostly purchase junior miners and IB gives you easy access to The TSX.
    IB is way more advanced for what I need it seems a bit like driving a Corvette to make a short run up to the corner market, but if you're into junior miners and want to trade it's a good way to go.

Zed and stonedywankanobe like this.
  11. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Toronto Dominion Ameritrade. My main positions have been steel stocks I am out of them right now own marijuana stocks plus paper stock plus a short bond ETF. No fecking Gold or Silver in my trading account just physical is good to have some dead money they say.

stonedywankanobe and Montecristo like this.
  12. Weatherman

Weatherman In GIM since 2006 Gold Chaser Site Supporter

Be cautious about "no fee" brokerages. You seldom get more than you pay for. I tried a "no fee" account with Zecco a few years ago, and I quickly realized why they could offer "no fee" trades. The fill prices were atrocious. When I complained to Zecco, they essentially said the traders they use can assign their worst prices in a window that is several minutes long AFTER my fill price should have executed. That can be an eternity in a fast moving market. Needless to say, I quickly closed the account with Zecco. FWIW, Scottrade fill prices are always excellent.

stonedywankanobe and louky like this.
  13. stonedywankanobe

I checked out the Robinhood bunch. Seems they earn interest from the digits in the collective accounts. Also requires an Apple devise to run the app.

Dial, I'm with you on the smoke stock. I have a good friend who took his life savings and bought 10 acre in Colorado 2 years back.
    He's not so much into the flower side, he employs a full time botanical genetic engineer, to cross breed and create strains that are well suited for producing the oils that are proving beneficial for those suffering from epilepsy, his having a step son who's life has been changed from it.
    Recently I'm told he's received a partnership and funding from a mid major university in Tenessee.
    So in effect he's in the seed business, tells me it looks like he will clear a 6 figure gain this year and I couldn't be happier for the guy.
    Now that they have passed legislation here, he will probably be moving his operation home and avoid the weekly flights and drives to and fro.
    He is a completely self made former plow boy who has risk it all on several ventures, some didn't pan, but I think he's timed this to near perfection and he is passionate about what he's doing.

andial likes this.
  14. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

The only thing I worry about is Trump said he was for relaxing pot laws but some of the people he hires might be hard on the stuff guys like Christie or Giuliani who equate Marijuana with heroine or meth heads.

15. chud

chud Seeker

Systems Administrator
    TD Ameritrade, or eTrade.
    Just open an account with either one of them.

16. louky

louky Silver Member Silver Miner

I have robinhood on android. I'm not recommending this as a primary trading account. I put 1k in a year ago and trade for fun instead of playing angry birds. ;)

17. stonedywankanobe

I'll check it out again I thought it was Apple exclusively.