1. The USD and Stocks continue to power up, with Crude now catching a bid on a breakout of old highs
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thur Morning GIM! Gold is up this am 6.7 to 1240, while Silver is up 4 to 17.99. Crude is up 68 to 5427. The USD is up 12 to 101.32.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 2/17/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1239.10-- Silver $18.03-- Oil $53.78-- USD $100.95 -- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1304.51 (1), SAE $21.15 (20)

Peyton Manning to Bill Belichick: 'This might be my last rodeo'

Discussion in 'Golf, Football, and all Ball sports' started by Scorpio, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Скорпион Founding Member Board Elder Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Peyton Manning to Bill Belichick: 'This might be my last rodeo'
    9 / 19
    [​IMG]
    Sportress of Blogitude
    Jason Rowan 3 hrs ago

[​IMG]© Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports Peyton Manning appeared to tell Bill Belichick after the AFC title game that Super Bowl 50 could in fact be his last NFL game. Peyton Manning appeared to tell Bill Belichick after the Denver Broncos beat the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship Game Sunday that Super Bowl 50 may in fact be the last game of his NFL career.

As cameras and reporters mobbed the field and players, coaches and the like exchanged post-game pleasantries, audio was picked up detailing some of what Manning had to say to Belichick.

“Hey listen, this might be my last rodeo,” Manning appears to tell Belichick. “So, it sure has been a pleasure.”

Nothing would be more fitting than for Manning in two weeks to secure his legacy-bolstering second Super Bowl victory and then retire on top. It matters little that the 39-year-old is now considered nothing more than a “game manager,” a cliched term that would ignore the fact that if the Broncos are hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy following the game, Manning played an important part in it.

Nothing of course is set in stone and no one will know what Manning will decide concerning his future until he definitively says so himself during the offseason.

But his message to Belichick certainly indicates that regardless of the outcome of Super Bowl 50, it quite possibly could be the last time we see one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play the position take the field.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...-might-be-my-last-rodeo/ar-BBoJgw2?li=BBnb7Kz

Silvergun and BUILT TO LAST like this.
  2. the_shootist

the_shootist I self identify as a black '69 Camaro Midas Member Site Supporter

Architect
    I'm a New Englander and fierce Pats fan however, Denver's defense won that game for them and was the better team that day. I'm actually happy for Payton that he'll be going out at, or near the top. He's earned it and I respect him for all he's accomplished

Merlin and Goldhedge like this.
  3. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Broncos will get slaughtered in the Super Bowl. They got lucky the Steelers fumbled the ball to hand them a win.

4. the_shootist

Architect
    Don't underestimate th
    Don't underestimate the Broncos defense but I do agree that the Panthers have a very prolific offense....a lot different than the Steelers and the Patriots

5. nickndfl

nickndfl Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Steelers have the best offense in the NFL, on crutches.

6. the_shootist

Architect
    Nah...the Steelers defense was their weakness. The offense carried them through the end of the year

7. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    That reverse pass was handed to the Pats for a TD. So, the mistakes go both ways.

8. the_shootist

Architect
    Yep! The Pats offense made some really tight plays during the game, especially in the 4th quarter, which was great work considering the tight smothering coverage the Broncos defense had going on the whole game

I was very impressed!

9. Hystckndle

Hystckndle Daguerreotype Fanatic Site Mgr Site Supporter ++

Slave, but a little less every day
    Manning is a class act imo.
    Sidebar: when I was a wee lad, my dad would take me to see Sr Manning QB Ole Miss.
    Good stuff this SB

10. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    Good luck Peyton! Want to see you go out on top.

11. the_shootist

Architect
    Same here....and I'm a life long Pats fan. Peyton has earned his stripes and a lot of respect in NE

12. Cigarlover

Cigarlover Gold Member Gold Chaser

was the coin toss heads or tails?

13. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

14. the_shootist

Architect
  15. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    Sounds tommy terrific at cheating is gonna get his suspension reinstated. His hall of fame bust is gonna be shoulders with an asterisk in place of his head.