• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Police Officer Fired for NOT Killing a Suspect

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2012

A former police officer, Steven Mader (center), who was fired for not shooting a black suspect during a standoff in Virginia. Mader was the first responding officer to a 2016 call involving Mr. Williams, a 23-year-old black man who he believed to be suicidal. Mader made the determination that Williams did not pose an immediate threat to him.

Mader had said that Williams “wasn’t angry” and he wasn’t aggressive, he didn’t seem in a position to want to use a gun against anybody. He never pointed it at me. I didn’t perceive him as an imminent threat.”

When two veteran officers arrived on the scene, they virtually killed Williams almost immediately. Mader was then fired for not killing the suspect. He has won a settlement for a wrongful termination suit in which the department paid him $175,000.

What does this say about the attitude among the police? This has to stop.

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2010
I must be getting old cause they look like kids.

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Mar 31, 2010
The 57th State
Armed and Dangerous: If Police Don’t Have to Protect the Public, What Good Are They?
By John W. Whitehead
February 26, 2018

In the American police state, police have a tendency to shoot first and ask questions later.

In fact, police don’t usually need much incentive to shoot and kill members of the public.

Police have shot and killed Americans of all ages—many of them unarmed—for standing a certain way, or moving a certain way, or holding something—anything—that police could misinterpret to be a gun, or igniting some trigger-centric fear in a police officer’s mind that has nothing to do with an actual threat to their safety.

So when police in Florida had to deal with a 19-year-old embarking on a shooting rampage inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., what did they do?

According to the U.S. Supreme Court, police have no duty, moral or otherwise, to help those in trouble, protect individuals from danger, or risk their own lives to save “we the people.”

This is no longer a government “of the people, by the people, for the people.”

It is fast becoming a government “of the rich, by the elite, for the corporations,” and its rise to power is predicated on shackling the American taxpayer to a life of indentured servitude.

Cops in America may get paid by the citizenry, but they don’t work for us.

They don’t answer to us. They’re not loyal to us.

And they certainly aren’t operating within the limits of the U.S. Constitution.

he question is no longer whether the U.S. government will be preyed upon and taken over by the military industrial complex. That’s a done deal.

It’s astounding how convenient we’ve made it for the government to lock down the nation.

Mind you, by “government,” I’m not referring to the highly partisan, two-party bureaucracy of the Republicans and Democrats.

As I point out in my book Battlefield America: The War on the American People, I’m referring to “government” with a capital “G,” the entrenched Deep State that is unaffected by elections, unaltered by populist movements, and has set itself beyond the reach of the law.

I’m referring to the corporatized, militarized, entrenched bureaucracy that is fully operational and staffed by unelected officials who are, in essence, running the country and calling the shots in Washington DC, no matter who sits in the White House.

This is the hidden face of a government that has no respect for the freedom of its citizenry.

Above are snippets, full article here:

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Dec 18, 2011
According to the U.S. Supreme Court, police have no duty, moral or otherwise, to help those in trouble, protect individuals from danger, or risk their own lives to save “we the people.”
The courts got this one right. You are responsible for protecting your own life and property. Not the Gov job no matter how much you pay them in taxes. The Gov has pretended to try and shift that burden onto the police knowing damn well there is no way they could possibly protect everyone.