1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Rest easy America.

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by 917601, Sep 10, 2017.

1. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

image.png A praying President....surrounded by praying advisors....finally. Rest easy America.

http://www.bossfeed.net/2017/09/10/...ewers-shocked-by-whats-hiding-in-plain-sight/

"
    The photo, released by The White House, captured President Trump, along with Vice President Mike Pence and other members of the cabinet, as they prepared to begin their discussion. As the photo shows, the group of leaders sat down and did one thing the nation hasn’t seen too much of in the eight years before Trump’s inauguration – they prayed. In fact, as soon as viewers saw the photo they were left shocked over what was hiding in plain sight: a group of powerful people, still seeking the help of the one who is in charge of it all – God."

Amen.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    mayhem, phoneman, Aurumag and 9 others like this.
  2. Howdy

Howdy Silver Member Silver Miner

Close your eyes and go to sleep. You're in the secure hands of good actors.

<SLV> and michael59 like this.
  3. spinalcracker

spinalcracker On a mail train. Silver Miner Site Supporter

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690
    The best act DC has seen in a long time.....

And this act sure as hell beats the Satanic cult of the previous administration...

image.jpg

BigJim#1-8, mayhem, phoneman and 7 others like this.
  4. 917601

You can thank those that know how to pray later. For now, watch us magically overcome obstacles, strife and division....and of course, become great again. Notice anything " different"? Katrina- looting, raping, panic, everyone for themselves. Harvey- joining together, helping one another and unity.

5. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

I thought George W. Bush was openly Christian.

Aurumag likes this.
  6. Howdy

Howdy Silver Member Silver Miner

Fixed it for you!

7. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Modal Operator/Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Tech
    Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 7.08.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 7.08.55 PM.png

8. platinumdude

platinumdude Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

9. SilverCity

SilverCity Gold Member Gold Chaser

retired aerospace
    Mind Science guru, Free Mason, mass hypnotist Norman Vincent Peale was Donald Trump's inspiration? Sums up everything I need to know about the Donald.

At best, he is a "Divine Reprieve" for the next few years to allow America to repent before the hammer falls. America is finished.

SC

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    mayhem, 917601, Silver and 3 others like this.
  10. tom baxter

tom baxter back from 2004

Retired now
    Yes, how soon they all forget. George... Who?

11. skychief

skychief enthusiastic stacker Silver Miner

Musician
    God helps those who help themselves.

12. 917601

...he surrounded himself with many non-believing advisors.

13. SilverCity

retired aerospace
    ...is nowhere in the Bible, except maybe Mr. Peale's perverted version.

SC

Alton and mayhem like this.
  14. Mujahideen

Do I have this correct... the aftermath of Katrina was bad because Bush43's advisers were not believers in the Bible, Yahweh or Jesus Christ?

That's why innocent people got raped, robbed and murdered? Because of bushes cabinet?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    D-FENZ, mayhem and mtnman like this.
  15. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

IMO it happened because New Orleans was and is virtually godless. It's modern day Gomorrah, rife with sin and sinners who've turned their back on God. This allowed Satan to get to the heart of these evil-doers and they did what they wanted to do. Very sad, really.

16. Usury

Proverbs 12 comes to mind.

SilverCity likes this.
  17. Mujahideen

You say godless; I say it's people with a lack of morals and not understanding their role in society

I have been to other countries were people do understand their role in society; in the cities it is a much different atmosphere than here.

18. the_shootist

the_shootist The war is here on our doorstep! Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Oxygen Breather
    Most of America's cities are steaming social cesspools rife with corruption across all forms of city and state government

mayhem, phoneman and Cigarlover like this.
  19. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

Wait a minute. Is new Orleans more perverse then pedophile Hollywood or sin city las vegas ? Why isnt your god striking these places with huge natural catastrophes ? Oh, never mind me, I'm trying to once again apply logic in a religious debate. Silly me, carry onwards.

mtnman likes this.
  20. spinalcracker

spinalcracker On a mail train. Silver Miner Site Supporter

CEMENT MASON LOCAL 690

I thought that too....
    That is true , in letter but not in spirit...

2 Thessalonians 3:10 10For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat."

As far as New Orleans and Katrina...

Matthew 5:45 45that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

21. SilverCity

retired aerospace
    "God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This saying is usually attributed to Ben Franklin, quoted in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In actuality, it originated from Algernon Sydney in 1698 in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government. Whatever the original source of this saying, the Bible teaches the opposite. God helps the helpless! Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat..." Romans 5:6 tells us, "For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly."

In terms of salvation, we are all utterly helpless. We are all infected by sin (Romans 3:23), and condemned as a result of that sin (Romans 6:23). Nothing we can do on our own can remedy this situation (Isaiah 64:6). Thankfully, God is the helper of the helpless. While we were still sinners, Jesus died for us (Romans 5:8). Jesus paid the penalty that we were incapable of paying (2 Corinthians 5:21). God provided the "help" that we need precisely because we could not help ourselves.

Apart from salvation, there is perhaps a way that the concept "God helps those who help themselves" is correct. As an example, if you asked me to help you move a piece of furniture, but then just watched me as I moved the furniture for you, I was not actually helping you. I would be doing the work for you. Many Christians fall into the trap of inactivity. Many Christians ask God for help, but then expect God to do everything Himself. They excuse this by pointing to the fact that God will provide according to His will and in His timing. However, this is not a reason for inactivity. As a specific example, if you are in need of a job, ask the Lord to help you find a job - but then be active in actually looking for a job. While it is in His power to do so, it is highly unlikely that God will cause employers to come looking for you!

https://www.gotquestions.org/God-help-themselves.html

Regards all,

SC

22. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

Religious texts can be interpreted and misquoted in infinite ways . That's what makes em so damn fun ! You wanna be religious and claim a certain verse means something you want it to mean ? Go right ahead ! Put 100 random self proclaimed religious people in a room , and they will argue over what many verses are supposed to mean. Gotta love a all knowing God, that is so naïve , he creates a religious text with such contrived wordings/ phrasings, that it can be interpreted in countless ways. I would think, a intelligent God woulda created a religious text with wordings that were so precise , that it woulda been impossible to apply infinite meanings to those words . Maybe hes also a god with a sick sense of humor, and likes to confuse his followers ?

23. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Remember HT whatever we read today in the bible is a translation from the Greek Septuagint which is a translation of the Hebrew text. The Greeks got the information from the Hebrews by house arresting a large number of Rabbis seperately and would not free them until all their stories matched.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    searcher likes this.
  24. Usury

Once again your ignorance/misunderstanding is showing. God didn't strike anyone...a natural disaster happened. It's what occurred in the aftermath that happened because those Godless people have no morals. Striking difference between TX and New Orleans. Heck anywhere and NO for that matter.

Can't disagree about Hollywood/Vegas....I guess we'll see what happens if they're struck by a huge disaster. Note that I'm not wishing that on anyone.

mayhem, Son of Gloin and Mujahideen like this.
  25. Usury

Those of us with reading comprehension skills and a little time/bible historical understanding seem to understand it pretty clearly.

mayhem and Son of Gloin like this.
  26. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

that went to shit fast so I just sped read

Kinda sorta yeah!
    The Progressives were at work at the local levels long before they grabbed the WH
    They were inside the administration at that point, along with all the Dem mayors, this coup has been a long time in the making

27. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

There are millions of cult members that disagree with you, and claim that the hurricane was created by God . They will also claim that their understanding of the bible is better then yours and quote countless biblical verses from their memory , as needed.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought God created natural disasters as punishment to humans and there are numerous claims as such, in the bible { earthquakes, floods, fires, pestilence, plagues, drought , etc } . If we go by those biblical claims, then God does create natural disasters, and a hurricane is a natural disaster.

Oh well, the hypocrisies and confusions continue.

28. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

I could put a half dozen of my close Christian friends, whom also claim they comprehend the bible properly, in a room with you and I GUARANTEE none of you will completely agree what the meaning of each bible verse is supposed to specifically mean. And of course, my 6 Christian friends, are like you, in that they claim THEY comprehend the bible properly. The hamster wheel of religion just keeps a turning.

29. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

hey...while we are on the subject of God punishing places of vast sin , anyone ever wonder what God thinks of the annual TEL AVIV GAY parade, which is the largest display of homo/lesbo behavior in the Mideast and glorifies those lifestyles. I guess God overlooks this bad behavior from his chosen ones in his chosen land, just because God is such a racist and thinks more highly of 1 race of people then all others. ..he gives em a " free pass" ..WHAT A GOD !

Yeah, that must be it.

30. mtnman

mtnman Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Retired Shipyard Machinist
    Not buying it, Gods got nothing to do with it. I do not believe in God, God was an Alien come to earth in a ship. That being said, I do not steal, rob, rape or murder. I say please and thank you and mean it. I tip big, and I've never met a stranger, you don't need God to have morals. The difference between New Orleans and Texas are the race of the majority of the people that live there. No white people in the 9th ward.

Uncle, D-FENZ and phoneman like this.
  31. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

funny story...my neighbors are Christian missionaries and have travelled the world spreading their cult . I actually like both of them a lot . They are a married couple about 55 years old. The husband actually told me that him and his wife get in arguments, because neither of them can agree upon what certain biblical verses mean. This guy also teaches religion at the local college AND he speaks 4 different languages !

32. HardTruth

HardTruth Seeker Seeker

TEL AVIV GAY PARADE....BEEN GOING ON FOR MANY YEARS....GUESS GOD DONT MIND THIS SHIT IN HIS HOLY LAND ? ROFL. hey numbers, give us 1 of your humorous replies/ excuses for this.

Attached Files:

33. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    I just wana die; can I die now? *smacks forehead with fyingpan to even out 16penny nail indents*

Usury and searcher like this.
  34. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Lightwave Jockey
    Jimmy carter taught Sunday school.

The Klintoons attended church every Sunday.

I don't really know or care what Barry did.

35. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    The testimony of a saved in name only. Anyone who admits that he doesn't humble himself before the Lord, stands the chance of not being invited to the wedding feast.

36. mayhem

Retired
    When taken out of context.

37. mayhem

Retired
    I'm glad you brought this verse up. Pushing paper around as a job was unheard of in Paul's day. Doing physical work was the context of that verse. Paul was a tent maker, his letters and preaching were icing on the cake. He was living in a small town making tents and sharing his Damascus experience and telling others about Jesus the Redeemer, after his returning from the desert. Barnabas sought him out, and brought him to Antioch to help him correct the path that the early Christians were straying from.

Does anyone believe that they would pass the collection plate for Paul's personal gain? (Que Joel Epsteen here) No, any contributions, and there wasn't much was sent to Jerusalem to take care of the poor and elderly. Paul made tents until he was put into jail for so many years.

The rest we know because of Paul's letters. Really helps to study the true history of those days so's to understand the context of what was written in the sacred books.

Thirty five years ago after reading that verse made me get out and work with my hands, creating for others building houses, and yes hammering nails, as I was a on the job working company owner not someone who sat in his cowboy Cadillac all day telling others what to do and not having a clue how to do it themselves.

Turned my life around, as I am so much better off today.

spinalcracker and Son of Gloin like this.
  38. mayhem

Retired
    Not so for the New Testament, and for a saved believer that takes precedent over the OT as most of he NT was written in Greek, the most precise language ever in it's day, much better than the English language, and not distorted like the Babylon Hebrew OT.

The real shame is when the burning of the library in Alexandra destroyed almost all of mankind's historical records. If that event had not happened things might not be so cloudy today. But then again he said I will blind them so they will not know truth.

andial and Son of Gloin like this.
  39. mayhem

Retired
    The way I see it is the 60's hippies switched from protesting to infiltration. I can say that because I was in my 20's during the 60's and saw it happening at the local levels, and slowly moving up to the national level within 20 years, and passed on to their offspring till we have what we have today.
    Let's face it. Today's Trump supporters are the kids' of the 60's and their offspring who rejected the hippie movement, and are now striking back.

edsl48 and Son of Gloin like this.
  40. mayhem

Retired
    Serious question mtnman. Why do you act and feel that way? I'll tell you. It's because it was inscribed in your heart by God in hopes that you would some day realize it and accept him.

I usually have a policy of not engaging into these discussions on a internet forum, Over the years all I have seen with these discussions id splitting up of like minded individuals into diverse groups. I often Hat Tip Scorp for even allowing the amount of free speech he does here (big cause of the GIM1 breakup).

So let's not ruin this forum also. Sure if you have been here a while (me since Mar. 2006) you prolly know everyone's beliefs by now. So I only state, let't talk PM's politics, and how to make slingshots.

Usury and Son of Gloin like this.