1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

RV's, Campers, Van & Bus Conversions

Discussion in 'Auto, Tractor, Motorcycles, Racing, and Mechanics' started by searcher, Oct 4, 2016.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

How to convert a Van in to an Off-Grid Camper in 17 Days!
    PSYCHEVENTURE

Published on Sep 16, 2016
    This is a video that shows the process of how to convert a van in to a luxury off-grid camper in less than three weeks! This gives a day-by-day account of how this van was converted.

Questions welcome - I will try and answer them in good time. Otherwise, I will collect them and do a video response for them all for my next video (just subscribe and you will get a notification for the when it goes live).

I will also publish a video saying why I made decisions and how I do things while on the road (layout, bed/sink/window/showering etc..) when I have the time. Subscribe to pick it up! :)

Happy converting - I hope this is useful!

2. searcher

Off Grid Conversion Van With Endless Conveniences
    Dirtpatcheaven

Published on Sep 28, 2016
    Living in the RV while traveling the country we stay with our YouTube viewers a lot. Can I just say we have some brilliant viewers? This couple has turned this van into the ultimate road tripping or bug out vehicles by being innovative and doing all the modifications themselves. Amazing!

3. searcher

Converted van as full-time home for nomadic Canadian couple
    Kirsten Dirksen

Published on May 25, 2015
    Watch our feature-length documentary: Summer of (family) love: tiny home VW-roadtrip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iti4...

Mat and Danielle spent their first date bonding over Lloyd Kahn’s book “Home Work” and discussing their ideas for simplifying their lives. They became a couple, but “somewhere along the way, we ended up doing the exact opposite of what we wanted,” explains Danielle on their blog.

“Instead of simplifying, we bought a house and spent months hauling furniture, paint and knick knacks into it to surround ourselves with stuff that we liked. Our bills went up so we got better jobs, started working more, and eventually all we did was work during the day and watch Netflix every night because we were too exhausted to do anything else.”

“Mat was the first to suggest making a change because he found our lifestyle stressful, but I resisted at first. I was really caught up in the idea of owning my own place, maybe starting a family one day and planning for an amazing retirement. I was also excited that I had a new full time job with benefits and that we were financially stable. Eventually I realized that all I was doing was working and I didn’t even like my job anymore. We decided that we should do something crazy: sell our house, quit our jobs and travel the world.”

Today, Mat and Danielle are living full-time in a converted van. Their back seat folds down into a bed. Their kitchen is a cooler plus camping stove. Their bathroom includes a solar camping shower and a plastic bottle toilet (with funnel).

They’ve eliminated a mortgage, but their are still costs, what Mat calls “like renting a really cheap apartment in a city”. Instead of paying down a house, Mat and Danielle have decided to focus on working less and experiencing more, both by exploring the world and their artistic interests: for Mat, it’s music and art and for Danielle it’s writing.

Mat and Danielle on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/explorea...
    Their blog: http://www.exploringalternatives.ca/
    Mat’s art: http://www.matdube.com/

Original story: http://faircompanies.com/videos/view/...

4. searcher

SUPER COOL AMPHIBIOUS RV Woelcke Autark T5 Crosser Off Road 4x4 Campervan Motor Home
    NJ Outdoors

Published on Jun 19, 2016
    While visiting the Allaire State Park Campground I stumbled upon this cool part amphibious camper van RV motor home conversion built on the Volkswagen chassis. It is manufactured by Woelcke and the model is the Autark T5 Crosser Off Road. I hope to see these here in the States soon.

Duckworth likes this.
  5. searcher

Overland Expo 2016 - sneak peek of the whole show
    mixflip

Published on May 23, 2016
    This year the Overland Expo in Arizona was extra special because I brought along my whole family to go camping as well as attend the expo.

It was such a blast to spend that kind of quality time with my wife and kids unplugged from the matrix so to speak lol.

As for the expo, it was again a great show. I love seeing all the expedition vehicles that I can't afford at this time and also all the other vehicles and gear.

It was ridiculously windy this year which made my wife push me to eventually drop nylon tents for camping and gave me the thumbs up to invest in a hard side camper of some type for the next camping trip.

But to be fair the Napier SUV tent held strong in the wind storm and not a single tent peg came undone and no parts failed. Its a fantastic tent.

Stay tuned for a few individual booth videos following this sneak peek video.

Thanks for watching.

6. searcher

Volvo TGB13 6x6 - C304 Off-road in Russia, Poland, Finland and others
    Raredog

Published on Nov 25, 2015
    A bit of footage from our holiday trip from Denmark through Germany, Poland, Lithaunia, Latvia, Russia, Finland and Sweden.

Not hardcore off-road, but a lot more fun than driving on pavement all the way. - bear in mind that this is 3500 kg of motorhome with a kitchensink, not a trailrig ;-)

And yes, maybe it was possible to drive out when we got stuck in the Russian woods, but as we have a winch, we'd rather use it - it doesen't happen too often :-D

7. dacrunch

dacrunch Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

24 mpg on the 190hp VW camper... not shabby... but $120,000 pretty far from my price range. And I imagine that it would be pretty impossible to "register" it in the US.

My wife & I rented a Town & Country for a 2-week trip last spring. All the rear seats folded into the floor, allowing room for a full-size mattress (bought for $15 at a Charity Shop). Went from New England to Pennsylvania (to pick up grandson - rolled up the mattress to make 2nd row seating available) to DC (visit the Smithsonian, and only night in a hotel), back to Pennsylvania to drop off grandson, to Virginia, to the Carolinas to New Orleans to South Florida, visiting family & friends we hadn't seen in years. Sleeping 2 out of 3 nights in the van (when not at friends' homes) Then back up to Pennsylvania to pick up grandson again and drive him to northern New-England to spend a week with his dad (our son)... As soon as I'd get tired I could pull over & nap - and nights were in the parking lots of Waffle House (after dinner, and asking the counter personnel if it was ok to crash out for a few hours - which they nicely accepted - even though it was right under "No Loitering" signs. Felt quite "safe" - though a few times there were noisy "confrontations" or "conversations" around the parking lots.)

2 weeks later we returned the van to Hertz... and the agent said "over 5,000 miles, really?" - "Yes." - "Well, it's due for an oil change."

$750 well spent... No motels, no "wasted time", no "driving while falling asleep" or with "blurry eyes". And no worries about "breaking down and waiting for repairs" with such a new vehicle- and a rental company that would replace it instantly if there was a problem. Down south, even took advantage of the chain of "New Dentures in a Day" (mine were 20 years old & superglued several times after falling in a sink and snapping in the middle) - very satisfied with the quality (great "fit", and no 2 teeth look "identical" - like "piano keys") & price (a grand for the "top-of-the-line" set).

All the improvement that was missing was a porta-potty and perhaps a sink - and curtains - for my use during that trip. No need for tables & chairs & cabinets & stove. A couple cardboard boxes did fine.

And I became a fan of the Waffle House's $10 T-Bone dinner, and IHOP's breakfast combo.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  8. searcher

Walk Through 2017 Airstream Basecamp 16 Small Light Weight Camping Travel Trailer
    Colonial Airstream

Published on Sep 18, 2016
    Ready when you are.
    sleeps two. Just as comfortable in the campsite as it is off the beaten path. The new Basecamp packs everything you need into
    lightweight and towable with an SUV. Comfortably seats five and one versatile trailer that’s ready for anything this wide world has to offer.

www.colonialairstream.com

9. searcher

NEW 2017 LUXE LF-42MD | Luxury Fifth Wheels | Augusta RV
    Augusta RV

Published on Jul 7, 2016
    This is a quick walk through video of our BRAND NEW LUXE LF-42MD! This floor plan has the option of a mid den, office, or bunk house for your kids! Thanks for watching! Please give us a call at 844-830-8349 for more information or visit our website www.augusta-rv.com! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @RVAugusta and like our Facebook page!
    **Disclaimer**
    Because of our commitment to continuous product improvement, Augusta RV reserves the right to change components, standards, options, specifications, pricing and materials without notice and at any time. Photos may show optional equipment which may not be included in the standard purchase price of the featured unit. Be sure to review current product details with Augusta RV before purchasing.

10. searcher

Our Newer, More Awesome RV Tour – The Tour de Lance!
    The Fit RV

Published on Oct 1, 2016
    First - you can read the article, with links to all of the detailed write-ups on our rig at: http://www.thefitrv.com/rv-reviews/ou...

Take a spin through our Class B Motorhome, Lance. He's a Winnebago Travato, but he's a one of a kind Travato. He's the only yellow one, for starters. And many of his systems have been modified by either Winnebago or by us to make him a generator-free, winter ready, electric machine.

And no. We're not giving away where that camp site is.

11. dacrunch

"Stealth" camper - everyday driver...

[​IMG]

As mentioned previously - what I'd like is a 4 cylinder (or small six) with about 130hp & good gas mileage... no need for "high performance" with today's speed limits, and tickets waiting every few miles - seatbelt seating for 4-5, room for a double bed mattress, and a porta-potty. No need for "dining-room table & seating". A shower would be a plus. But the whole vehicle "fitting in" with the rest of traffic... and parking in a "normal" space. (And of course, "low budget"...)

In Europe they've come up with some nice "compact" campers on small platforms. But base sticker is still around $50 grand.

"Campérêve" (DreamCamper) - in France - specializes in such vehicles. Drive & park like a "normal" vehicle - but would most likely be quite a hassle to "register & license" in the US.

Here's one based on a "Ford Custom" - http://www.campereve.fr/fourgon_gamme-compact_cap-land.phtml

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Legally Seats and sleeps 4 (on registration)

[​IMG]Shower & toilet

[​IMG]Base Ford Custom L2H1

[​IMG]Fuel heating

[​IMG]Kitchen & burners separate

[​IMG]Face-to-face dining

[​IMG]New storage below fridge

[​IMG]Storage dining area

[​IMG]13.5 gallon Compression Fridge

[​IMG]Raising roof

[​IMG]Compact Vehicle length 5,34 m = 17 1/2 feet

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two diesel motor choices (are they even available - "legal" - in the US? )

2.2 Duratorq TdCi 4 cyl, 2198cc, 110 hp, 285 torque (@1750-2250 rpm) 5-speed, FWD

2.2 Duratorq TdCi 4cyl, 2198cc, 140 hp, 350 torque (@1800-2400 rpm) 6-speed, FWD

Gas mileage about 10 liters per 100 km = 28 mpg

(43 800 € sur Ford Custom 125 ch)

$ 48,054 USD on 125 hp Ford Custom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-----------

Anything comparable on the US Marketplace?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    searcher and historyrepete like this.
  12. searcher

Lauren & Her Simple Tiny Home Fish House ~ High School To Alaska
    Chris & G Travels

Published on Oct 15, 2016
    When I first met Lauren I immediately told her how envious I was about her tiny home living situation. The main reason... because she is doing this right out of high school! I would have killed to have an experience like this at such a young age. Think about how better the world would be if young people had the opportunity to do something like this!

13. searcher

Walk Through 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 20C Bambi Small Light Weight Travel Trailer
    Colonial Airstream

Published on Oct 29, 2016
    A one take, full walk through video of the new 2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 20C Bambi Travel Trailer for sale at Colonial Airstream.

14. dacrunch

In my early 60's... spending more than half my time in Europe (family - kid - grandkid)... contemplating living between both continents (in RVs) - (more family in US - kid & 3 more grandkids) - so 2 RVs (one on each continent... since hassles of registration & shipping) - mini RVs in mind... and no more "house".

But then there's the question "Where do you safely park your RV (on each continent) while you're overseas?"...

And then, what about personal safety...

In the French News today...

[​IMG]

Parked on the Town Square in front of City Hall... Friday night at 9:45pm, young retiree couple in their RV, doing a "tourism tour"... knock on door, and hoods demand their belongings & debit cards & pins. Guy refuses, gets knifed to death. Hoods run off - wife runs to the cafe on the square for help. Rescue team comes - retiree dies in ambulance. In Europe, you are NOT allowed to defend yourself, and even less your property. And the perps only get 6 months in jail, IF they are found...
    Heck, even the cops aren't allowed to use their guns!

Article in French =

http://www.lalsace.fr/actualite/2016/10/30/bourbach-le-haut-tue-dans-son-camping-car

In the US - gun laws vary from State to State, even counties & cities...

I wonder how many RVers get "ambushed"... and what to do about it...

PS - Perps are almost ALWAYS the same "poor oppressed minorities" - in Europe, Arab Muslims & Gypsies, in the US Blacks & Latinos... whose only incomes are from Government Handouts & Crime.

PPS - FYI - My wife of over 35 years is (Black) Latina - and grew up dirt poor - but never went "that way", but always "did the right thing", studied hard, learned 5 languages, worked hard, and my best friend & companion. And I have several good honest Arab Muslim friends (co-workers in construction), and a great many good honest Latino friends. But the Political Process of "over-importing" is preventing any "assimilation" into the "host countries"... but only encouraging "community ghettos" instead of the "melting pot".

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Hystckndle and searcher like this.
  15. searcher

Hunting equipment | Off-road trailers compilation for 4x4 cars.
    Sirca InUa

Published on Oct 15, 2016

16. searcher

Airstream Model Introduction 2017 International Serenity 27FB Twin
    Colonial Airstream

Published on Dec 3, 2016
    An introduction to the interior of the all new 2017 Airstream International Serenity 27FB.

17. searcher

Rollin' On TV Show #2016-23
    rollinontv

Published on Nov 10, 2016
    On this weeks show we talk with Jim Hammill President of Erwin Hymer Group NA (Roadtrek) and take a look at the new Hymer and Roadtrek offerings for 2017
    Also, Jeff gives us his take on new RVs and new RV bugs.
    Evanne, prepares a garden salad sandwich

18. dacrunch

Just be careful this doesn't happen to you:

REO 54 and searcher like this.
  19. searcher

Rollin' On TV Show #2016-26
    rollinontv

Published on Dec 3, 2016
    On this, our last show of the year we look back on 2016 and some of the stories we have covered, and a couple of feature stories including the Jayco Jay Flite, Hybrid, and a visit to KZ RV.

20. searcher

Ex-Ambulance Converted Into Beautiful Off-Grid Camper
    Living Big In A Tiny House

Published on Dec 15, 2016
    If you think van life might be for you, then this is an incredible camper van conversion that you need to see! This couple has done a remarkable job in turning an ex-ambulance into a stunning home on wheels. Read more: http://www.livingbiginatinyhouse.com/...

Help me create more videos: https://www.patreon.com/livingbig

Music in this video: http://www.youtube.com/brycelangston

Follow me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/livingbiginat...

Follow me on Twitter: @TinyHouseNZ

Follow me on Instagram: @livingbiginatinyhouse

Please subscribe for more videos on Tiny Houses, design, and sustainable, off-grid living.

'Living Big in a Tiny House' © 2016 Zyia Pictures Ltd

21. searcher

How does a retired man live in a Van Ford Econoline E-150 High Top
    Enigmatic Nomadics

Published on Nov 20, 2016
    How does a retired man live in a Van. Tom retired from work as a casino tech and lives in his high top Ford.
    If you know someone who could benefit from this video, please SHARE it with a friend!
    Thanks for supporting this site by using this link to Amazon.
    We'll make a small percentage on your purchase and it won’t
    cost you anything, even if you buy something unrelated.
    http://amzn.to/2dZhDuG

Banjo Short by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/...)
    Artist: http://audionautix.com/

22. dacrunch

Drives like a regular van- good. Parks discretely anywhere-good. Cheap... But missing john & shower...

A few posts above I showed my druthers. "Stealth" camper. Easy driver. Put on the miles without going broke.
    I'm steamed that the small diesel engines standard in Europe on US vans (ford transit gets a manual 6 speed, 2.2? Engine with 130hp getting 25-30 mpg) just don't seem available (or legal?) in US. Why do they only offer 3.7 gas automatic getting 14 mpg? Pain in the wallet. Same with the Chrysler Promaster (Fiat Ducato). And pricing on both higher than Europe (even though they have 20-30 percent sales tax!!!) new Camper vans based on those models (Winnebago) are almost twice the price in the States!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    searcher likes this.
  23. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

I'm a fan of the C class rv .. but I'm not sold on the push out walls common today. While it does add copious amounts of room when open, they tend to be very badly set up for quick use with the sides closed. Sure you're not supposed to be cooking a roast beef supper while zipping down the interstate ... but at least make it reasonable to make a couple of sandwiches, hit the head, or pull a soda outta the fridge. If I pull into a truck stop and want to catch some Zzzzz, I don't want to have to spend half an hour setting up just to have someone bang on a window shouting that it's not a freaking campsite.

That said ... those older RVs have absolutely terrible fuel mileage. Still better than a boat tho.

searcher likes this.
  24. searcher

My Citi Bus Conversion ( 2 yrs Self Build )
    Jonathan Artsy Silver

Published on Nov 30, 2016
    Wow full tour of My 30 ft. 1978 San Diego Citi Bus Conversion ( self build ) and gosh it only took every night and every weekend for 2 yrs and counting LOL ;) THIS AINT NO ORDINARY BUS CONVERSION. If you know me be now ....I like to build stuff :) it seems that almost every campground i stay in there is a knock on the door from someone who is curious for a tour of the bus......so here is a tour for all of you no matter which campground you are in :) safe and happy travels :)
    ENJOY

Bus Conversion Magazine : Nov. 2009 front cover and feature article.
    DIY Jonathan
    Www.instagram.com/jewelryrvme
    Www.etsy.com/shop/jonathanartsysilver
    Www.jonathanartsysilver.com

25. searcher

Tour of our Tiny House Bus Conversion - Bus Life NZ
    Bus Life NZ

Published on Dec 18, 2016
    After many requests... Here's a walk through of our bus conversion, we are living in it full time, it's not quite complete yet but thought we'd show you anyway! Enjoy!

26. searcher

The new 2017 Winnebago Era 170M - Our Complete Review!
    The Fit RV

Published on Jan 1, 2017
    Check out the full write-up and leave comments on our website, here: https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-reviews/o...

The Winnebago Era 170M is a new Class B RV from Winnebago built on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter chassis. As I write this, it's the only Class B motorhome with a slide that we're aware of. This model replaces the 170C, and offers a drop-down Murphy bed, an expansive wardrobe, and a fantastic bathroom all inside the walls of the Sprinter.

We put the slide in, put the slide out, go in, over, and under this RV in this detailed review. Hope you enjoy it!

27. searcher

A Unique Trailers
    Dream House

Published on Jan 8, 2017
    The trailer features a unique teardrop shape and is solar powered, off-grid, and made from sustainable materials. It's a beautiful eco-friendly space with room for up to four people!
    The home's interior features a kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The space can transform into a bedroom with room for a queen-sized bed and twin bunk beds.

28. searcher

A Beautifully Airstream Trailer
    Dream House

Published on Jan 11, 2017
    A vintage Airstream trailer with a fresh, modern design.
    Inside the home is a bedroom, a small washroom, kitchen, and plenty of sofa space to relax on. There's two beds, and enough room to four people.

29. searcher

Rollin' On TV Show #2017-01
    rollinontv

Published on Jan 12, 2017
    On this week's program, Jeff Johnston visits Austin, Texas the first of our 2017 RV destinations. Jeff shows us places to visit, things to do, where to eat and checks out a few of the areas RV parks and campgrounds.
    Also, we head north to Oregon for a Vintage Trailer rally and get a close look at some of the restored units at the rally

30. searcher

Rollin' On TV Show #2017-02
    rollinontv

Published on Jan 20, 2017
    On this week's program Bob Zagami visits with Robbie MaClure of Livin-Lite and learns all about the companies line of all aluminum trailers. Then Jeff Johnston, takes us to he Vintages RV Resort in Dayton, Oregon where you can spend a night or week staying in a vintage RV. Also, we visit KR-RV the new owners of Livin-Lite trailers.

31. searcher

Rollin' On TV Show #2017-04
    rollinontv

Published on Feb 3, 2017
    Visit our show page at http://rollinontv.com/ for the latest.

On this week’s show we find ourselves in Tucson, Arizona where the Rollin’ On TV Crew and Truma team meet up with Bruce Smith, the winner of our AquaGo contest.

Jeff Johnston caught up with Bruce and Billy DiDonato from Truma at the La Mesa RV Center where the AquaGo installation is being done. When everyone arrived, Bruce’s Grand Design Reflection 5 th wheel was already in the service bay and ready for the work to begin.

Bruce said he has been RVing for about 2-½ years now and has owned the Reflection for just about a year. Needless to say, he is familiar with how regular RV hot water systems work and can’t wait to use the AquaGo with its Instant, Continuous and Endless hot water.

Scott Thwaits, La Mesa Service Technician and Billy DiDonato from Truma performed the installation in no time at all. Now, Bruce can’t wait to get out on his next RV trip in a couple of days and, try out the AquaGo… We’re sure he will be delighted.

Also on this week’s show, we revisit the Jayco factory and tour the assembly line to see what goes into building their popular Alante’ class A motorhome.

Then we join Jeff Johnston as he takes out the Alante’ for a few days and does one of his ‘real life’ reviews.

Later, we find out that the old saying, ‘you can’t have your salad and desert together’, or something like that, isn’t true any more. ,Evanne Schmarder proves that saying wrong, with her delicious Apple Pie Salad. Watch the show and check it out for yourself… this is one crazy but delicious dessert.

32. dacrunch

In France, here's what they managed to put together on a Ford with a 2 liter diesel engine (30+mpg). Seats & sleeps 4. Separate shower & john. 19 feet long. Under $50k.

16 photos at link

http://pros.lacentrale.fr/C027639/annonce/62598983/

Why the heck don't the manufacturers in the US offer the smaller diesel stick-shift motors? Like the Ford 2 & 2.2 liter, or the Fiat 2.3 (for the Dodge Promaster)? Instead of the oversized motors available in the US (from 3,5 liters to over 6 liters)? With road speeds limited at maximum 70mph, there's no logic... Forcing us to have vans getting only 15mpg... at best. Considering the LONG distances to cover in the US, it makes no sense!

And the sticker prices... Remember that the French price INCLUDES at least 20% tax!

I wonder what rules prevent importing one from Europe...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    searcher and Hystckndle like this.
  33. searcher

Rollin' On TV Show 2017-05
    rollinontv

Published on Feb 9, 2017
    On this week's program Jeff checks out a 'brand-new' vintage trailer. These ground up built Tom Thumb trailers are as close to original as possible, right to the propane lights.
    Also Jeff shows us the Winegard Carry-Out satellite antenna. And Evanne, whips up her avocado based, chocolate pudding.

34. searcher

Top-ranked kayaker builds “Hobbit Van” for life on the road
    Kirsten Dirksen

Published on Feb 6, 2017
    When Canada’s top-ranked whitewater kayaker Ben Hayward (vanstarter.com) decided to pursue his Olympic dream, he began a life on the road racing in Europe. To afford this itinerant lifestyle, he crafted a 72-square-foot wooden home on the back of a flatbed truck, dubbing it the “Hobbit Van” for it’s big, round door and butterfly-style windows.

Hayward, and a friend from Wales, worked “7 straight days to source, insure, design, and construct every component for a homemade demountable camper”. His new home cost him 9,500 Canadian dollars (about $7,300 U.S.): $2000 for the truck, $1500 for the wood and $6000 dollars for the appliances, solar panels and wind turbine.

The insurance was an additional $3000. “After buying the truck the first thing I did was spend 3 days trying to insure the thing. It was incredibly difficult to insure a crazy, wacky vehicle for a non-resident of the UK, especially because this was my first car I’ve ever bought, I have no driving record whatsoever.”

With only a small nest egg, Hayward raised most of the funds through crowdfunding on his site vanstarter.com (he continues to solicit donations to cover living expenses).

The tiny space was an easy fit for Hayward. “I live out of a suitcase so much of the year so I’ve been kind of doing this for a long time. For many years prior to this I was really trying to figure out what are the bare essentials that I need while I’m over in Europe for a month or two months at a time. I was like well I’ve got my bare essentials suitcase, it was really an additive process rather than a subtractive process.” Now when Hayward is back home in Canada he says he misses his house on wheels.

Original story: https://faircompanies.com/videos/elit...

dacrunch likes this.
  35. searcher

Rollin' On TV show #2017-06
    rollinontv

Published on Feb 16, 2017
    With spring virtually around the corner, so to speak, many of you are thinking about when to take that precious vacation time this year. It’s also time to think about what kind of vacation to take. Well, I have a suggestion for you to consider. How about enjoying an RV vacation? And no… you don’t have to own one to enjoy the experience. Whether it’s just you and your significant other, or both of you and the kids, everyone will enjoy this open-road, outdoor adventure. As I mentioned, you don’t have to own your own RV as there are numerous, reputable RV rentals companies all across the country and they will be glad to work with you on deciding which RV would be perfect for your vacation.

To give you an idea of what’s involved with renting an RV, we paid a visit to Fuller RV Rental, located not far from us in Massachusetts, and met with Sherri Fuller, co-owner of the company. We learned all about renting an RV including selecting the right RV and what’s included in an RV rental package.

We also learned the one thing that scares many people thinking about renting an RV is that it might be too difficult. Actually, it is relatively easy it is to learn how to drive and handle an RV and operate the various systems. Join us as Sherri covers all these questions and more on this week’s story about, 'Renting an RV'.

Also on this week’s program, Jeff Johnston stops by the Carefree Of Colorado exhibit at the Recreational Vehicle Industry Trade show in Louisville, Kentucky. He finds out about one of the company's long running RV awnings and what new changes and upgrades the company has made.

Just so you know, Carefree Of Colorado is celebrating 45-years of RV awning innovation and we are happy to say, they are also the Title Sponsor of our show. We recently visited their facility in Broomfield, Colorado and were taken aback to see the technology and workmanship that goes into building each one of their awnings. Now I can see why they are the leader in RV awnings.

One other story on this week’s show is one we brought you a couple of years ago. We still get emails from viewers who see the segment on YouTube about the ‘Fire-Stick”. As we have mentioned before, this has to be the best tool ever designed to help build and maintain a campfire, and do it safely. You won’t find these in a big-box- store. The Fire-Stick is made by a small company in Endeavor, Wisconsin and they sell mainly direct to consumer. Jim Hutchinson is the man behind this great tool. You can reach him at 608 617 3437. Tell him you saw it on Rollin’ On TV.

36. searcher

Walk Through 1987 Airstream Classic 345 Vintage Motorhome Bus GMC NASA Astrovan
    Colonial Airstream

Published on Oct 10, 2015
    The Airstream Classic 345 Motorhome was Airstreams flagship product for the 1987 model year production. This Airstream is for sale at Colonial Airstream in Lakewood NJ. 1-800-265-9019

37. dacrunch

Taking wifey to an RV outlet tomorrow near Paris to check out the offers on low-end "stealth" campers... & see if I raise any enthusiasm on her part.

I want a "driver", not a "box-truck"... to put on mucho miles and explore the continent... Scandinavia, across to Finland - Latvia - Estonia - Russia - all Eastern Europe etc...
    Want a "stealth van" without "outside camping-car signs" (i.e. decals, bike racks etc.)... looking like a "work utility van"... that drives like a car (lots of mountains in Europe, and narrow roads)... and doesn't guzzle at the pump. Just need room for 2, and an independent heating / cooling system... and toilet & shower... Of course they all come with a sink & stovetop, which are not high on my list (know how to make sandwiches), though a fridge is. Entry price is around 40k new. Lots of choice in the $50k range. Will have to see if they include what I want.
    Most are 2.0 (Ford Transit base) to 2.3 (Fiat Ducato - Chrysler ProMaster) six speed diesels, getting 30mpg. Those engines are NOT available in the USA... go figure...

Might take some pictures & post them.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Hystckndle and searcher like this.
  38. Usury

Usury Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

Yeah well my understanding is EU regs focused on MPG whereas US regs focused on emissions/air quality. That's why those engines aren't available in the US. Just look at VW as the poster child of US diesel sellers...probably going to be fewer diesel options going forward unless US regs change.

39. dacrunch

If that was the case, the diesel engines offered in the States wouldn't be 6 liters... producing 3 times the noxious exhaust of the 2 liters...
    I think the manufacturers believe that buyers won't want "lower-powered" vehicles, that take 10 seconds to go from 0-60, where you have to down-shift to climb a mountain pass... and their close friends the oil industry doesn't want to have fleets of full-size vans getting 30+ mpg...

Heck, I'm not talking about the crappy performance of old VW campers - these are modern creature comfort vehicles with all the goodies, and keep up FINE with traffic. No problem cruising @ 90mph (once you get there).

searcher likes this.
  40. searcher

Van Life & RV Life ~ Rubber Tramp Travel ~ Interview With Finding Simon
    Chris & G Travels

Published on Feb 26, 2017
    Simon's Channel ~ Check it out! https://www.youtube.com/user/shelbyan...

Support Us For Free! Shop With This Link - http://amzn.to/1R7HfqE

Subscribe For More Travel Videos! http://goo.gl/emhm4a

Like Our Facebook Page! https://goo.gl/zHpTGI

Check Out Our Facebook Group! https://goo.gl/NrkA1R

Add Us On Twitter! https://goo.gl/TGQaKS

Add Us On Instragram! https://goo.gl/r23rzc

Be Sure To Stop By Progressive Industries ~ http://www.progressiveindustries.net/

Check Out Our New Website! https://tinyhome.guide

Music from Epidemic Sound: https://goo.gl/07pc4t