1. Have a great weekend!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Metals finish week on a up note.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Service dogs

Discussion in 'Survival (Preps & Homestead)' started by Professur, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

My uncle once told me words I've lived by. Any man a dog likes isn't all bad. He also said there was no such thing as a bad dog. I've yet to find him wrong. It's been said that taking dogs into our lives is the best deal humans ever struck ... recent studies have shown that we probably weren't that smart ... it was the dogs that did all the work there too. Today, there isn't much dogs don't do for us. They herd for us, work in all forms of law enforcement, defense and rescue. They even have been found to detect cancer just from our smells. Today ... I read yet another.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...t-be-touched-has-connected-with-a-service-dog
    I'll let you read that yourself. Bring kleenex.

To whit, the point .... I think that dogs may well be our Babel fish. I share ..
    The key thing being that the likelyhood of nature randomly evolving something so incredibly well adapted to us as dogs ... from what is widely accepted as the single most dangerous species of predator on the planet ... Pretty damn close to nil.

2. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    A quote that is attributed to Ben Franklin goes like this; "The existence of beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." I kind of agree with that, except that beer makes us fat and that usually makes us unhappy. I still love beer. My paraphrase of Ben's quote goes like so; " The existence of dogs is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." And I believe that's true. There is no other creature on Earth more suited to be our permanent and constant, faithful and loving companions. If your dog loves you, you can have no truer friend, other than Jesus Himself. I love all dogs.

Homestead woman, arminius and Merlin like this.
  3. birddog

birddog Gold Member Gold Chaser

arminius likes this.
  4. JayDubya

JayDubya Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” Charles de Gaulle

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” Dean Koontz

“I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person.” Unknown

oldgaranddad and D-FENZ like this.
  5. Merlin

Merlin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

A house without a dog is an empty home.

D-FENZ and Son of Gloin like this.
  6. Rusty Shackelford

Rusty Shackelford Midas Member Midas Member

wastewater
    You guys got it all wrong.

When GOD looks in the mirror he sees DOG.

I don't believe in coincidences....

Back to my self imposed vacation until after the election...

Son of Gloin likes this.
  7. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Delivery boy.
    Yeah, I think dogs do a better job of being god-like than we do. If I get to heaven and God is like a big Australian Shepherd, I can be happy about that.

Professur likes this.