1. Potus out of town, all is pretty quiet for now
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Mon Morning! Gold catches a bid +2.7 to 1256, while Silver is +16 to 1696. Crude still moving up 48 to 5115. The USD is down 6 and breaks 97, 9696.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/13/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1227.70-- UP 0.80 Silver $16.40-- UP 13 Oil $47.84-- UP 1.62 USD $99.13 -- UP .61
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

Statin scam exposed: Cholesterol drugs cause rapid aging, brain damage and diabetes

Discussion in 'Coffee Shack (Daily News/Economy)' started by Bigjon, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Bigjon

Bigjon Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

Statin scam exposed: Cholesterol drugs cause rapid aging, brain damage and diabetes

(NaturalNews) Statins, the widely prescribed class of drugs said to lower "bad" cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart problems, has recently come under fire after a study revealed that they destroy human health more than they work to improve it.

Sadly, many people take statin drugs, which are commonly known by brand names including Lipitor, Crestor and Zocor. Prescription drug spending in the U.S. shot up to about $374 billion in 2014, representing the highest level of spending since 2001. Statins undoubtedly made up a significant portion of this spending, and now consumers who take such drugs have much more to worry about than the dent it's making in their wallets.

The study, which was published in the American Journal of Physiology, states that statins' "...impact on other biologic properties of stem cells provides a novel explanation for their adverse clinical effects." Specifically, the study states that such adverse effects include advancing the "process of aging" and also notes that "...long-term use of statins has been associated with adverse effects including myopathy, neurological side effects and an increased risk of diabetes." Myopathy refers to skeletal muscle weakness.

Statins make cells unable to repair properly, create nerve problems and destroy memory
    Experts involved in the study suggest that the health problems associated with statins have likely been downplayed through the years. In reality, those taking such cholesterol-lowering drugs have been experiencing cataracts, fatigue, liver problems, muscle pain and memory loss. Simply put, the drugs have been found to tamper with cells in such a way that their primary purpose of reproducing and helping the body repair is thwarted. With that comes the onset of terrible health issues or the worsening of existing ones.

Professor Reza Izadpanah, a stem cell biologist and lead author of the published study, says, "Our study shows statins may speed up the ageing process. People who use statins as a preventative medicine for [health] should think again as our research shows they may have general unwanted effects on the body which could include muscle pain, nerve problems and joint problems."

Despite health problems linked to statin drugs, FDA says people shouldn't be scared of them
    While the FDA notes on its web site that "Cognitive (brain-related) impairment, such as memory loss, forgetfulness and confusion, has been reported by some statin users" and that "People being treated with statins may have an increased risk of raised blood sugar levels and the development of Type 2 diabetes," they also maintain its safety and effectiveness. The site directs people's attention to the advice of Amy G. Egan, M.D., M.P.H., who is the deputy director for safety in the FDA's Division of Metabolism and Endocrinology Products (DMEP). She says, "This new information should not scare people off statins. Their benefit is indisputable, but they need to be taken with care and knowledge of their side effects."

Indisputable? Especially after this latest study, we beg to differ. What's beneficial about accelerated aging, cells that don't properly function, muscle weakness and memory loss?

The need to continually assess prescription drugs and older studies that tout their benefits
    This finding demonstrates the importance of revisiting the so-called benefits of prescription drugs, something that hopefully continues so consumers can be fully informed and kept in the best health possible.

A similar eye-opening study involving the adolescent antidepressant Paxil recently made headlines when a reanalysis of an original study exposed errors and incomplete information. In reality, the drug was found not to be safe and effective for its intended demographic after all, a finding that Brian Nosek, a professor of psychology at the University of Virginia, says "signals that the community is waking up, checking its work and doing what science is supposed to do — self-correct."

Sources for this article include:

Express.co.uk
    Blogs.WSJ.com
    AJPCell.physiology.org[PDF]
    FDA.gov
    NYTimes.com

2. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    Yup! If someone has really high bad cholesterol levels one can take Red Yeast Rice, a natural supplement that will drop your cholesterol like a rock with none of the side effects. For some reason the wife who weighs 106 had a 295 count on the bad side with a higher than normal HDL. her Dr. told her about RYR and she lowered her LDL down to 215 in a month with none of the statin side effects.

Aurumag, andial, gringott and 3 others like this.
  3. Montecristo

Montecristo Silver Member Silver Miner

This article is from Sept. 2015. Do we have anything a little more recent that has verified these findings? Has anyone built on this work?

4. dacrunch

dacrunch Gold Chaser Platinum Bling

"bad" cholesterol, "good" cholesterol... seems that the "opinion" changes frequently... just like the "controversy" over egg whites & yolks...

jmho, but I think it's obesity and an unbalanced diet that "create" bad health - along with all the "additives" and "junk" in our food...

this coming from a 160 pound 60+ year-old with "all levels falling within the limits" all around... only eat one meal a day when not working physical labor... (since a years-long bout with a blocked gall-bladder misdiagnosed as "acid reflux" when I couldn't digest anything).

TAEZZAR and Mujahideen like this.
  5. ErrosionOfAccord

ErrosionOfAccord #1 Global Warmer Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Energy Extraction
    TAEZZAR likes this.
  6. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

Look into CRP & Cholesterol levels.

Heart Disease and C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Testing
    Your body produces C-reactive protein, or CRP, when something is starting to become inflamed. So if a doctor finds CRP in your blood, which he can do through a test, he’ll know there’s inflammation (or swelling) happening somewhere in your body.

If your arteries are inflamed, you have a greater risk of:

C-Reactive Protein and Heart Disease Risk
    CRP seems to predict the chance of having cardiovascular problems at least as well as cholesterol levels. A recent study found that elevated levels of C-reactive protein led to a three-times-greater risk of a heart attack.

In a Harvard Women's Health Study, CRP test results were more accurate. Twelve different indicators of inflammation were looked at in healthy women who had already had menopause. Three years later, those with the highest CRP levels were more than four times as likely to have died from coronary disease, or had a heart attack that wasn’t fatal, or stroke, compared with those with the lowest levels.

They also were more likely to have a cardiac procedure, like angioplasty (a procedure that opens clogged arteries with the use of a flexible tube) or bypass surgery, than those with the lowest CRP levels.

How Is C-Reactive Protein Measured?
    It’s done with a simple blood test. It can be done at the same time your cholesterol is checked.

Read more here. http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/guide/heart-disease-c-reactive-protein-crp-testing

7. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Let's put a much larger twist to " this food, drug, water, etc....will kill you".....I know many who obsess and fret about everything from the food they eat to the environment they live in, understanding and believing this word of wisdom will change your life instantly.

Psalm 139:16
    "Your eyes saw me when I was inside the womb. All the days ordained for me were recorded in your scroll before one of them came into existence."

....if you still don't get it, much clearer here:

Job 14:5
    "You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer."

8. D-FENZ

D-FENZ Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Woot-Woot... Party!!!

9. madhu

madhu Silver Member Silver Miner

You now know what is advertised and makes millions of drugs for the pharma companies accelerate aging. all class action lawsuits does ordinary american ever get a settlement paychek back. NO

Human disease can be broadly classified as infection vs auto immune. One of the Indian rheumatologists has an excellent excellent blog post. His name is Dr Akerkar in Mumbai. I was so impressed with his blog, I personally went to get his opinion. He thinks that the body is patrolled by white blood cells,good cops to prevent infection.

Sometimes the cops go rogue (DHS) then thay start attacking their own cells this leads to autoimmune disease. There is a fine balanced and nuanced master control that no one has been able to figure out yet.

Marijauna is schedule 1 drug. Bluff by uncle sam. Does anyone has a patent on bluff?
    Cannabindiol is a powerful anti inflammatory with No side effects. Israel gets to do research but damn usa cant

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Bigjon likes this.
  10. madhu

Google
    Idli , Dosa. Use more of the urad dal and the red parboiled rice, a pinch of the fenugreek seeds

Aurumag likes this.
  11. Bigjon

I learned that people with high cholesterol live longer than those with low cholesterol.

Ebie likes this.
  12. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

I've used 1 aspirin (ASA 325mg) every other day for decades.
    Most of the younger guys (50s-60) I know that have been on statins have had there chests cracked open or garden hoses ran up from their groin.

My big fat ass keeps chugging along. No mechanics or plumbers been required.

Knock-On-Wood ( I'm knockin' on my head).

FoundingFathers likes this.
  13. madhu

Aspirin inhibits platelet function. Platelets are very important in healing and recovering.

Platelet rich plasma is the new in thing. Although aspirin has been proven to prevent heart attacks and i would definitely take it if i need it, I want to activate the stem cells in my own body

Aurumag and Ebie like this.
  14. GOLDBRIX

GOLDBRIX God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh Site Supporter Platinum Bling

Since the 80s I have donated blood, 15 gals. + so far.
    The platelets issue may vary to the individual.
    I now do Double Red donations. They check hematocrit Levels (Volume of Red Cells).
    They have had to "stick" me twice because the stick wound clogs up faster than they can get the sample. So platelets do not seem to be an issue for me anyway.

15. Mujahideen

Mujahideen Black Member Midas Member

Let me get this right... the length of our lives is already predetermined by jew god Yahweh?

Then there is little point to eating healthy? There is nothing that can extend our lives? Or am I jumping to conclusions?

When Magic Johnson caught HIV, he didn't need to take medication? He would have lived anyway because Yahweh already decided he would live?

Silvergun and D-FENZ like this.
  16. GOLDBRIX

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "Oy Well". :laughing:

17. Buck

Buck Fabian Society Gold Chaser

Maybe these drugs get released, mainly, in order to take us down

We have just come out of a serious period of Progressive living and some of the conversations included killing the old, the young and the invalid

"Destroy the body, from within", seems like an ideology that was used for other types of attacks against us, also

Our Trust has been messed with also, and none of us should be happy,
    This would be just another crime in one big list of crimes committed against the People of the World

And No One Ever Seems To Pay for These Types of Crimes
    Make a Billion then pay a fine of a Million is NOT paying for ones crimes

Oh, and what do we think this does for the Doctors who prescribe these drugs? the ones with consciences?
    They're dispensing death and they didn't even know it? Yeah, that's gotta be good for the psyche
    Goes against the Hippocratic Oath

And when all is said and done,
    The Lawyers come around

Bigjon and madhu like this.
  18. Bigjon

The Benefits of High Cholesterol
    Posted on June 24, 2004 by Uffe Ravnskov7 Comments

People with high cholesterol live the longest. This statement seems so incredible that it takes a long time to clear one´s brainwashed mind to fully understand its importance. Yet the fact that people with high cholesterol live the longest emerges clearly from many scientific papers. Consider the finding of Dr. Harlan Krumholz of the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Yale University, who reported in 1994 that old people with low cholesterol died twice as often from a heart attack as did old people with a high cholesterol.1 Supporters of the cholesterol campaign consistently ignore his observation, or consider it as a rare exception, produced by chance among a huge number of studies finding the opposite.

But it is not an exception; there are now a large number of findings that contradict the lipid hypothesis. To be more specific, most studies of old people have shown that high cholesterol is not a risk factor for coronary heart disease. This was the result of my search in the Medline database for studies addressing that question.2 Eleven studies of old people came up with that result, and a further seven studies found that high cholesterol did not predict all-cause mortality either.

Now consider that more than 90 % of all cardiovascular disease is seen in people above age 60 also and that almost all studies have found that high cholesterol is not a risk factor for women.2 This means that high cholesterol is only a risk factor for less than 5 % of those who die from a heart attack.

But there is more comfort for those who have high cholesterol; six of the studies found that total mortality was inversely associated with either total or LDL-cholesterol, or both. This means that it is actually much better to have high than to have low cholesterol if you want to live to be very old.

High Cholesterol Protects Against Infection
    Many studies have found that low cholesterol is in certain respects worse than high cholesterol. For instance, in 19 large studies of more than 68,000 deaths, reviewed by Professor David R. Jacobs and his co-workers from the Division of Epidemiology at the University of Minnesota, low cholesterol predicted an increased risk of dying from gastrointestinal and respiratory diseases.3

Most gastrointestinal and respiratory diseases have an infectious origin. Therefore, a relevant question is whether it is the infection that lowers cholesterol or the low cholesterol that predisposes to infection? To answer this question Professor Jacobs and his group, together with Dr. Carlos Iribarren, followed more than 100,000 healthy individuals in the San Francisco area for fifteen years. At the end of the study those who had low cholesterol at the start of the study had more often been admitted to the hospital because of an infectious disease.4,5 This finding cannot be explained away with the argument that the infection had caused cholesterol to go down, because how could low cholesterol, recorded when these people were without any evidence of infection, be caused by a disease they had not yet encountered? Isn´t it more likely that low cholesterol in some way made them more vulnerable to infection, or that high cholesterol protected those who did not become infected? Much evidence exists to support that interpretation.

Low Cholesterol and HIV/AIDS
    Young, unmarried men with a previous sexually transmitted disease or liver disease run a much greater risk of becoming infected with HIV virus than other people. The Minnesota researchers, now led by Dr. Ami Claxton, followed such individuals for 7-8 years. After having excluded those who became HIV-positive during the first four years, they ended up with a group of 2446 men. At the end of the study, 140 of these people tested positive for HIV; those who had low cholesterol at the beginning of the study were twice as likely to test postitive for HIV compared with those with the highest cholesterol.6

Similar results come from a study of the MRFIT screenees, including more than 300,000 young and middle-aged men, which found that 16 years after the first cholesterol analysis the number of men whose cholesterol was lower than 160 and who had died from AIDS was four times higher than the number of men who had died from AIDS with a cholesterol above 240.7

Cholesterol and Chronic Heart Failure
    Heart disease may lead to a weakening of the heart muscle. A weak heart means that less blood and therefore less oxygen is delivered to the arteries. To compensate for the decreased power, the heart beat goes up, but in severe heart failure this is not sufficient. Patients with severe heart failure become short of breath because too little oxygen is delivered to the tissues, the pressure in their veins increases because the heart cannot deliver the blood away from the heart with sufficient power, and they become edematous, meaning that fluid accumulates in the legs and in serious cases also in the lungs and other parts of the body. This condition is called congestive or chronic heart failure.

There are many indications that bacteria or other microorganisms play an important role in chronic heart failure. For instance, patients with severe chronic heart failure have high levels of endotoxin and various types of cytokines in their blood. Endotoxin, also named lipopolysaccharide, is the most toxic substance produced by Gram-negative bacteria such as Escherichia coli, Klebsiella, Salmonella, Serratia and Pseudomonas. Cytokines are hormones secreted by white blood cells in their battle with microorganisms; high levels of cytokines in the blood indicate that inflammatory processes are going on somewhere in the body.

The role of infections in chronic heart failure has been studied by Dr. Mathias Rauchhaus and his team at the Medical Department, Martin-Luther-University in Halle, Germany (Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin III, Martin-Luther-Universität, Halle). They found that the strongest predictor of death for patients with chronic heart failure was the concentration of cytokines in the blood, in particular in patients with heart failure due to coronary heart disease.8 To explain their finding they suggested that bacteria from the gut may more easily penetrate into the tissues when the pressure in the abdominal veins is increased because of heart failure. In accordance with this theory, they found more endotoxin in the blood of patients with congestive heart failure and edema than in patients with non-congestive heart failure without edema, and endotoxin concentrations decreased significantly when the heart’s function was improved by medical treatment.9

A simple way to test the functional state of the immune system is to inject antigens from microorganisms that most people have been exposed to, under the skin. If the immune system is normal, an induration (hard spot) will appear about 48 hours later at the place of the injection. If the induration is very small, with a diameter of less than a few millimeters, this indicates the presence of “anergy,” a reduction in or failure of response to recognize antigens. In accordance, anergy has been found associated with an increased risk of infection and mortality in healthy elderly individuals, in surgical patients and in heart transplant patients.10

Dr. Donna Vredevoe and her group from the School of Nursery and the School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles tested more than 200 patients with severe heart failure with five different antigens and followed them for twelve months. The cause of heart failure was coronary heart disease in half of them and other types of heart disease (such as congenital or infectious valvular heart disease, various cardiomyopathies and endocarditis) in the rest. Almost half of all the patients were anergic, and those who were anergic and had coronary heart disease had a much higher mortality than the rest.10

Now to the salient point: to their surprise the researchers found that mortality was higher, not only in the patients with anergy, but also in the patients with the lowest lipid values, including total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol and HDL-cholesterol as well as triglycerides.

The latter finding was confirmed by Dr. Rauchhaus, this time in co-operation with researchers at several German and British university hospitals. They found that the risk of dying for patients with chronic heart failure was strongly and inversely associated with total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol and also triglycerides; those with high lipid values lived much longer than those with low values.11,12

Other researchers have made similar observations. The largest study has been performed by Professor Gregg C. Fonorow and his team at the UCLA Department of Medicine and Cardiomyopathy Center in Los Angeles.13 The study, led by Dr. Tamara Horwich, included more than a thousand patients with severe heart failure. After five years 62 percent of the patients with cholesterol below 129 mg/l had died, but only half as many of the patients with cholesterol above 223 mg/l.

When proponents of the cholesterol hypothesis are confronted with findings showing a bad outcome associated with low cholesterol–and there are many such observations–they usually argue that severely ill patients are often malnourished, and malnourishment is therefore said to cause low cholesterol. However, the mortality of the patients in this study was independent of their degree of nourishment; low cholesterol predicted early mortality whether the patients were malnourished or not.

Silver and ErrosionOfAccord like this.
  19. 917601

917601 Mother Lode Found Mother Lode

Sin is largely responsible for damaging your " temple" (health) and shortening your life. Less sin,( smoking, gluttony, alcohol, quarreling, drugs, laziness, adultery, etc....) equals longer life, even a child can understand.

20. Aurumag

Aurumag Dimly lit. Highly reflective Midas Member Site Supporter

Indentured Wage Slave
    My mother in law and brother in law both take Statin drugs, and I can confirm the diabetes side effect because both require regular blood tests for kidney function as part of the Statin drug regimen.

21. D-FENZ

D-FENZ Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Just about everyone over the age of 50 with even a whiff of risk (over 50 being one of the first risk factors) gets a script for statins if they check in with an MD- myself included. I'm not participating but did look into the red rice yeast deal a bit.

According to WebMD, red yeast rice supplements contain monacolin K, also known as lovastatin, the active ingredient in the prescription drug Mevacor, which is of course a statin. http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/red-yeast-rice#1

Even the cautions and warnings on the RYR bottles echo the indications and cautions for prescription statins.

TAEZZAR likes this.
  22. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

When I learned about CRP (C- Reactive Protein) & aspirin, instead of statins, I got off statins. That was 20 years ago.
    I do not trust big pharma & use them as little as possible.

GOLDBRIX likes this.
  23. TAEZZAR

But, but, everything I like is ether "illegal, immoral or fattening" !!!

24. tom baxter

tom baxter back from 2004

Retired now
    If the average joe just got off his arse, did some exercise and didn't eat as much they wouldn't need any drugs. Everyone knows these pharmaceutical drugs are dangerous but as soon as the doctor recommends one they fall for it hook line and sinker.

25. GOLDBRIX

WELCOME to aNNO DOMINI - The years of our Lord ( and Savior).