1. The USD and Stocks continue to power up, with Crude now catching a bid on a breakout of old highs
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Thur Morning GIM! Gold is up this am 6.7 to 1240, while Silver is up 4 to 17.99. Crude is up 68 to 5427. The USD is up 12 to 101.32.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 2/17/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1239.10-- Silver $18.03-- Oil $53.78-- USD $100.95 -- Based on near term futures contract--- At JMB Current price AGE 2017 $1304.51 (1), SAE $21.15 (20)

Stealing our Deflation

Discussion in 'Central Banking & Fed Reserve' started by shallow_explorer, Nov 29, 2015.

1. shallow_explorer

shallow_explorer Silver Member Silver Miner

Oil Digger
    Succinct and to the point summary:

"If you listen to the top central bankers of the world talk for long enough you will come away with the impression that central banks are attempting to give us “price inflation”, as if rising prices were beneficial. However, nobody wants to pay more for stuff. In fact, rational people prefer to pay less, not more. Therefore, when central banks claim to be giving us “price inflation” what they are really doing is stealing the “price deflation” from which we would otherwise benefit."

http://biiwii.com/wordpress/2015/11/27/stealing-deflation/

EO 11110 and D-FENZ like this.
  2. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

Free Marketeer
    Do we really want deflation?

It is ravaging on debtors whether individuals or governments. If you've already made your bones I guess it's okay; falling prices, increasing value of currency, etc. However for the people working for a living their wages fall and demand drops leading to layoffs.

I'd argue that both inflation and deflation are bad, just for different segments of the economy. We'd be better off with stable non manipulated currency and no central bank.

This articles also ties in why government wants to ban cash...

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/01/economist-explains-4

3. Carl

Carl Gold Member Gold Chaser

Depends upon the time of day the question is asked
    How do you figure? Why would demand drop, why would wages fall? If anything, deflation in prices would lead to even greater demand, profits would soar and and production would boom. Everyone's money goes further, buys more.

Oh, we're not talking about actual money, are we, we're talking about bankster credit that's being passed off as being "our money". Yep, deflation would kill the fuck out of them.

4. Ensoniq

Ensoniq Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

Free Marketeer
    Yes. I'm talking about bankster credit "money"

If a company is selling widgets for $100 before deflation maybe they can only sell for $70 or some number you pick after a deflationary period. If they were on a 25% margin they would lose money in the new environment

So maybe their raw material dropped some because of the same deflation but what happens to wages in this scenario. They have to be lowered or else there is no point producing, therefore layoff and wage reductions are the trend

If someone already had made their money thus environment is desirable. For those paycheck to paycheck or in debt this is a disasterous set of conditions.

Just my opinion and analysis. I think we're going to find out one way or the other.

5. FunnyMoney

FunnyMoney Silver Member Silver Miner

Gold and silver were supposed to be money not paper products. That was in the constitution and the founders understood the whole inflation/deflation cycle pretty well:

Thomas Jefferson, if I remember correctly:

...if the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, by inflation then by deflation, their children will wake up homeless on the land that their fathers conquered...

Uglytruth likes this.