1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Anarchists Cook Book

Discussion in 'Survival (Preps & Homestead)' started by Goldhedge, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Goldhedge

Goldhedge Moderator Site Mgr Site Supporter

Retired
    Not sure this has been posted before, but it is a blast from the past circa 1971

Chock full of interesting experiments and other fun stuff. DYODD!

The Anarchists Cook Book pdf

2. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    Was given a copy of this paper book years ago. Well given it for to purchase. When asked why I didn't want it I just told the guy that all the explosive "recipes" neglected to inform the idiot reading it to pull the water out first. Been a while since then.

Yes that book and some mixed up liquids and have a cop walk in the room and by gollie you just bought yourself a ticket to the x-bar hotel. And get this....You've done nothing wrong yet conspiracy dictates you did. NOW if I'm going down for trying then I damm sure am going to get caught with viable essentials.

Goldhedge and searcher like this.
  3. michael59

20 years logging
    Oh Darn...hahaha just down loaded it......I just wanted another peek....

Goldhedge, TAEZZAR and searcher like this.
  4. Goldhedge

Retired
    I thought the drug recipes were interesting.

Not that I would engage in such activity, but it is interesting how the chemistry works. Someone somewhere figured it out a long time ago.

I suppose some of the ordinance would be useful in a survival mode. Never know when you'd need to save yourself from the zombie apocalypse!

TAEZZAR, searcher and michael59 like this.
  5. michael59

20 years logging
    You make me smile...with the zom-bed-pock-o'-lips.

Take into consideration zombies don't like water, just like most of the recipes in that book. Sad fact is a lot of reactions generate water to get to completion, having water in abundance is not a productive way to start. Just....Oh, and then there is that conspiracy BS.

If you have what you think is correct AND even if it is wrong BUT you think it is correct then get ready for three hotts and a cot, because conspiracy laws are written that you need yourself and just one other to secure conviction......don't let that other be a book that you did not author.

It's like this....say I wanted to make an explosive compound. And, say I needed a detonator. So I take my glycerin and mix it with my nitric acid to make nitroglycerin right? Wrong. BUT if I have a book that I am following and IT is written in that book to do it that way then by gollies I have my conspirator.

Now, take a scientific organic chemistry book. It will put the same truths in front of you but, but the organic chemistry book is for instruction and the anarchist book-destruction.

Now, I can have all the glassware on a table, I can have all the chemicals near by, I can even have the necessary recipe to achieve the end results. But until I generate a precursor which by law is a "sick bird" then and only then it is eye who rats on myself. But that book, why it will rat on who has it. And mostly it is the name of the book.....I mean.."""I am against society""" how can one argue against that?

Goldhedge likes this.
  6. Professur

Professur Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter ++

You've heard me say many times concerning gun control ... someone with highschool machine shop skills and a harbor freight drill mill can churn out guns all day long. Even machine functional brass. Even powder isn't all that challenging to anyone with highschool chemistry under his belt. But Primers! ... those were the real limiting factor. Well, there's the recipe. Simple, isn't it? I still say .. nobody here is stupid enough to try it. I'd rather drive a truck full of home made nitro through the minefield of local potholes than attempt their recipe even once. Grow a bunch of shock sensitive crystal ... and rinse repeatedly!!! Brilliant!!

No. I didn't download it. I still remember it from reading it back in highschool. A few copies were in circulation immediately before one prize idiot ruined a promising guitarist career by trying to close a pipe full of 40 packs worth of match heads by hammering it shut. The chemistry teacher offered a free B to anyone surrendering a copy to him. In his words (which to this day I remember vividly) understanding that the chemistry in it was too dangerous to leave in pubic hands was sufficient understanding of basic chemistry to warrant a pass. 3 copies were turned in. Those of us with natural A+ marks were offered a look at a copy (under supervision of the entire chemistry dept) so that we'd be out there in the populace to offer our educated opinion. They figured (correctly) that kids would believe us more than they'd believe teachers (the adults the kids wanted to rebel against in the first place). Then the guitar hero blew off half his hand with something as safe as matches and even suspicion of having a copy of it was enough to get the snot pounded out of you.

7. Goldhedge

Retired
    Thanks for that Professur! One of the reasons I like GIM2 is the personal experiences folks share.

Stuff gets posted and reality strikes a sobering tone.

TAEZZAR likes this.
  8. brosil

brosil Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter

I think I still have a copy of that somewhere. I read it for a laugh. If you really want to make your own explosives, there are a couple of amateur chemistry sites with some good threads. They emphasize safety. It's no fun if you aren't around to enjoy it.

Goldhedge, TAEZZAR and Professur like this.
  9. TAEZZAR

TAEZZAR LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH Midas Member Site Supporter

I've had this book (& others) for over twenty years & been advised by some pretty smart people that it's full of suicidal compounds.
    This post got me looking for all my "forbidden" books.

The Poor Man's James Bond 1 & 2
    Ragnar's Big Book of Homemade Weapon's
    The Urban Survival Handbook
    The SAS Survival Handbook

10. D-FENZ

D-FENZ Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

That's hilarious that you mention those old mags. Just last week I was just doing some spring cleaning and ran across my inherited copy of dad's old - The Poor Man's James Bond by Kurt Saxon. It must be the first version because none is noted. I put it on the coffee table and have been casually reading it for amusement. It is funny, non-PC, and entertaining reading but full of dubious recipes and designs. A particular one that comes to mind is the shotgun shell grenades made with glued-on stabilizer fins to land them primer down where there is a glued on cork with an inserted nail for a firing pin...

Yeah, I don't think my throwing arm is that good.

Good stuff.

TAEZZAR and Goldhedge like this.
  11. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

12. Unca Walt

Unca Walt Midas Member Midas Member

A long, LONG time ago, I read "Mysterious Island" by Jules Verne.

If you have read it, you know it is about a small group of men who escape a Confederate POW camp in a balloon and wind up on an uncharted temperate island. All they have between them is a pocketwatch.

Step-by-step, the author shows you how these industrious friends do not just survive on the island, but thrive to this degree:

1. They get a fire going using the pocketwatch.
    2. They build a kiln and refine metal. They make tools, including saws, hammers, etc.
    3. They take the items anyone can find on a beach (seaweed, yada) and make... first, sulphuric acid, then nitric acid. They render the fat of a dugong. With steps defined with the accuracy of any cookbook, they then make nitroglycerine. <-- You can do it yourself if you have Verne's book.
    4. They use the nitroglycerine to blast and lower the level of a huge lake by ten feet to enable them to have a pre-made "home" they call "Lincoln House".
    5. Lincoln House is a large, cave-like structure with the only opening being many feet up a sheer cliff. They have a hydraulic elevator to get up and down from it. There is running water in Lincoln House.
    6. They make steel plates and draw wire. TINS.
    7. They build an island-spanning electric telegraph with the wire.
    8. When they decide to leave, they lay the keel for a TWO HUNDRED TON SHIP <-- No rafts for these guys!

On toppa that, it was great reading.

So... the perverts in Hollywood decided to make a movie. Instead of normal guys, they have a smartass, wisecracking, truculent (armed) rebel who got in the balloon with them, TWO busty broads (?????) who supply nothing to the plot but screams, and a whole island full of VERY poorly constructed and stop-motion-moving giant mutated crabs (ten feet across), giant birds (fifteen feet tall) and... oh, shit, never mind. The title of the movie was the only parallel to the book.

[​IMG][​IMG]

PS: It was really worse. See that crab? They cooked it and ate it. Same with the bird. Apparently, they found an oven that could hold the whole bird. And they sliced the white meat up with their cutlery that somehow they had brought with them. TINS.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Aurumag, TAEZZAR and Goldhedge like this.
  13. searcher

TAEZZAR, Professur and Goldhedge like this.
  14. searcher

15. Rollie Free

Rollie Free Midas Member Midas Member

Best part of the book?

'No part of this book may be reproduced....'

Hmmm, what kind of anarchist is stopped in his tracks by copyright laws?

Ensoniq, TAEZZAR, searcher and 3 others like this.
  16. Goldhedge

Retired
    Free PDF of Mysterious Island

Unca Walt, searcher and Someone_else like this.
  17. Unca Walt

I honestly recommend reading it. I'm reading it again, thanx to Goldhedge.

18. Goldfinger

Goldfinger Gold Member Gold Chaser Site Supporter ++

Oh man, flash from the past. I had a copy of the cookbook back in the day. Interesting stuff in there, but the others are right. There's definitely more than a few things in there that can get you nominated for a Darwin.

TAEZZAR and michael59 like this.
  19. Unca Walt

It's been decades, but I remember one "recipe" where I stopped and actually said out loud:

"WHOA!! You add acid to the WATER, not water to the ACID."

20. latemetal

latemetal Platinum Bling Platinum Bling

21. michael59

20 years logging
    First of all never, never make something that will detonate by friction in a large batch. DuPont figured this out after his workers killed themselves and burnt....what was it(?;) two plants down? Yeah.

Secondly what a moroon....Sovereign Citizen ...how oxymoronic can the writer be?

Sovereign....answer to no one as no one is over you.
    Citizen ....One who is under jurisdiction of.....
    Just thought I would point that out.

Edit: And this from a guy who thought it was 2015.....So do your own diligence, trust not what I say.

TAEZZAR likes this.
  22. searcher

Bump....................

23. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

Had a copy decades ago. Had heard a lot about it and wondered if it was what it was cracked up to be. Was not impressed, much of it was amateur BS that can get you injured or killed, besides risking a trip to jail. Tossed it. Don't bother getting a copy if you were thinking about it. Please.

R.

michael59 likes this.
  24. michael59

20 years logging
    Posterity...... And then when the grands are picking over the bones they can gasp and say "OhMy!"

25. Ragnarok

Ragnarok I'd rather be Midas Member

I did not keep the book. It went into the trash not too long after. It is not a publication I would recommend to anyone, or leave for ignorants to find. There is no real useful information in it for the sane mind.

R.

michael59 and Someone_else like this.
  26. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

Spreading incorrect chemistry information is lying. And lying about things that can injure people should be considered a willful crime.

TAEZZAR, brosil and Ragnarok like this.
  27. searcher

Simple Sabotage Field Manual - FULL Audio Book - by United States Office of Strategic Services OSS
    Greatest AudioBooks

Published on Nov 7, 2012
    Simple Sabotage Field Manual - FULL Audio Book - by United States Office of Strategic Services (OSS)
    -Formed during World War II, the United States Office of Strategic Services (OSS), was organized for special operations and intelligence gathering and analysis. Included in its mission was the implementation of, and training of foreign forces in, propaganda, espionage, subversion, and sabotage. After the war, OSS functions were transferred to the newly formed Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

This "Simple Sabotage Field Manual" was used by OSS agents in training "citizen-saboteurs" in methods for inciting and executing simple sabotage to thwart industry and other vital functions in Axis-occupied areas.

Sections:
    01 -- Section 01 -- 00:00:00

02 -- Section 02 -- 00:15:47

Total running time: 0:58:43

This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain.
    Read by James Christopher
    In addition to the reader, this audio book was produced by:
    Dedicated Proof-Listener: TriciaG

Read it on line here: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/26184/page-images/26184-images.pdf

28. latemetal

mayhem and searcher like this.
  29. searcher

30. Someone_else

Someone_else Gold Member Gold Chaser

Very long ago. I don't remember much, but he was really big on shoplifting. He described how to modify briefcases, suitcases, and boxes with a trap door for the purpose of shoplifting. This may also be the book where he advocated filling bags with urine and throwing them at cops.

31. michael59

20 years logging
    abby hoffman *sneezes* whiteheads and pimples....

Auto correct saved me yet again.

32. mayhem

mayhem Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter

I met a guy down here who made it all the way from CA. using Hoffman's idea (from the book) of making photostat copies of a one dollar bill and going to every laundromat in whatever town he was in and putting them into the coin changer machine to get the quarters.
    I read it once as a lark.

33. michael59

20 years logging
    And I met two guys who did that in a bar....stupid shits got arrested right at my table. I had just purchased three small glasses of hoesay gold and as they had to leave the fricken waitress pulled their two glasses which had just arrived and paid for. abby hoffman needs to suck wind through his chest.

34. latemetal

What worked for the left wing revolutionaries , may yet work for right wingers...

35. searcher

1950s U.S. ARMY DEMOLITION ELECTRIC PRIMER TRAINING FILM 32454
    PeriscopeFilm

Published on Aug 29, 2016
    This U.S. Army film from 1957 was shown to demolition men, instructing them on the use of electric primers. Dynamite and a variety of other explosives are shown.

This is a story on how the military carry out demolitions. This is a standard operating procedure as seen at mark 0:50. Most of the demolition done by today’s Army is by means of explosives as seen at mark 1:11. A main explosive charge is needed. In order to denote them, a small explosive charge is needed. The smaller charge is the blasting cap. There are 2 types of cap as seen at mark 1:30. At mark 2:04, the electrical priming is seen. It requires more equipment too but it’s used in simultaneous charges. A galvanometer is seen at mark 2:33. Different cap types are seen at mark 3:00. The cap goes off when an electric current comes through the lead wires. The electric priming procedure is seen t mark 3:50. A soldier is seen at mark 3:54 securing and setting a cap. At mark 4:57, he tests the cap with a galvanometer. The final component is he blasting machine see n at mark 5:53. A priming adaptor is used to seal the cps at mark 6:17 before placement in the well. Some explosives have no cap well at all as seen at mark 7:06. This is punched manually into the plastic itself. Also with military dynamite, you have to punch your own cap well as seen at mark 7:50. This is a way to prime dynamite. A side punch is seen at mark 8:18.

An example of priming sheet explosive is also seen at mark 8:32. You can also prime sheet explosives without cutting a slot by overlapping 2 sheets and placing the cap between them as seen at mark 9:18. Special charges such as bangelo torpedo are used for special situations but the priming techniques are usually the same as seen at mark 9:35. The same thing applies to the shaped charge as seen at mark 9:48. Cratering charges are primed at mark 10:20. It is used underground. The detonating cord is seen at mark 10:30. At mark 11:15, all the charges are connected to a ring main. The arrangement is seen at mark 12:25. The circular pattern is seen at mark 13:10, also the linear pattern at mark 13:20. This is then connected to a power source. At mark 13:40, the NCO is the one in-charge of the demolition; he checks the circuit with his galvanometer. At mark 14:20, there is no meter reading; he checks the entire cap for no reading. At mark 15:12, he is seen using his hand and a stick for an underground checking of the cap. He protects the splice by tapping with a black tape as seen at mark 16:08. He also uses the western union big tail as seen at mark 16:30. Don’t ever exceed the rating capacity of the blasting machine. Never attempt to fire more than ten caps with a ten cap machine as seen at mark 17:00. The fifty cap machine is seen at mark 17:04. When using the ten cap machine you have to be careful as seen at mark 17:13.

At mark 17:30, they are prepared for blasting. Before the last step, it is advisable to first check the area in all directions and yell fire in the hole 3 times as seen at mark 17:40. The handle is then inserted into the blasting machine. At mark 17:54, the demolition is done. At mark 18:17, the circuits are rechecked for faults and the blasting machine is also changed. The entire length of the firing wire is inspected at mark 19:18 for any connection fault. The fault is located at mark 19:40. Disconnect the firing wire and make the reading. The entire system is also rechecked splice by splice as seen at mark 20:40. The blasting is also done again. For the underground priming, the firing was done at mark 22:00. Skillful demolitions have been done in the army and remember that these skills depend on the man.

We encourage viewers to add comments and, especially, to provide additional information about our videos by adding a comment! See something interesting? Tell people what it is and what they can see by writing something for example like: "01:00:12:00 -- President Roosevelt is seen meeting with Winston Churchill at the Quebec Conference."

This film is part of the Periscope Film LLC archive, one of the largest historic military, transportation, and aviation stock footage collections in the USA. Entirely film backed, this material is available for licensing in 24p HD and 2k. For more information visit http://www.PeriscopeFilm.com

36. searcher

DIRTY SECRETS of VIETNAM - Booby Traps & Snares (720p)
    DOCUMENTARY TUBE

Published on Sep 1, 2015
    This educational video depicts how the United States encountered various types of traps, devices, or setups intended to spring by surprise, unknowingly triggered by the presence or actions of that person. This primitive technology, as the word "trap" implies, sometimes have some form of bait designed to lure them towards it. At other times, the trap is set to act upon trespassers that violate personal or restricted areas. The device can be triggered when the person performs some type of everyday action e.g. opening a door, picking something up or switching something on. They can also be triggered by vehicles driving along a road.

For more information on the this history subject, please visit:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booby_trap

FOLLOW ON:
    https://twitter.com/DocArchive
    https://www.facebook.com/documentaryt...

COMPLETE Playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueBSG...

37. searcher

Booby Trap - Designed to Kill and Destroy - History Documentary Film
    History TV

Published on Mar 8, 2015
    Booby Trap - Designed to Kill and Destroy - History Documentary Film

Military booby trap could be made use of to hand out the area of an opponent by setting off a signaling gadget, or it may be designed to hurt an individual or kill that switches on the catch. Most, but not all, armed forces booby catches involve nitroglycerins.

There is no clear division between a booby trap and traditional, mass-produced land mines which are usually hidden under soil, yet may be triggered by a tripwire or directional mine created particularly to deal with a tripwire. Various other, similar tools include spring-guns and related mechanisms such as the SM-70 directional antipersonnel mine.

What differentiates a booby catch is that it is contrived to function in an unexpected way that makes use of the sufferer's ignorance of the modus operandi. It normally adheres to that booby trap designs should be several and varied, and therefore the catches are often at the very least partly improvisated from some thing of ordnance, such as an artillery shell, explosive, or amount of high dynamites.

38. searcher

S1E9 Booby Traps
    davey lee

Published on Aug 20, 2015

39. searcher

5 Scariest Booby Traps of the Vietnam War
    Dark5

Published on May 17, 2015

40. searcher

5 Deadliest Booby Traps Ever Created
    Unknown5

Published on May 31, 2016
    Booby traps are often vicious devices with the sole intention of killing or maiming their victim. They are usually inexpensive, simple to make, and wreak havoc amongst enemy forces, and as such have been widely used in wars and guerrilla campaigns all over the world.

Their indiscriminate nature accompanied by the horrific injuries they can inflict, have demoralised and spread fear amongst everyone unfortunate enough to encounter them. Here are my choices for 5 of the deadliest booby traps ever created.

5. Punji Traps
    4. The Cemetery Gun
    3. WW2 Anti Officer Bombs
    2. Project Eldest Son
    1. Exploding Toys (IED)