1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Complete Fishing Thread ( Fresh Water / Salt Water )

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Boating, HIking, Trapping' started by searcher, Jun 21, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

Great South Bay Fishing Forecast September 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti
    skimmeroutdoors

Published on Aug 31, 2017
    Fire Island & Great South Bay Fishing Forecast September 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti

Captain Al Lorenzetti's weekly weekend reports and fishing forecast for the Fire Island and Great South Bay area.

2. searcher

Down To Virginia | Day 1 - SWARMED By CROAKER...But Some Familiar Fish
    EliasVFishing

Published on Sep 1, 2017
    The first (and slowest) of five Virginia videos. I did get a Sheepshead but it wasn't much to brag about (20")

Set out to look for Cobia but an ominous thunderstorm forecast held me back from going as far as I'd like so I ended up staying within the two mile range. I tried everywhere and anything that touched the bottom was instant croaker.

I did wisen up the next few days and fished higher up in the water column to dodge the croaker so that will be soon enough.

Fished with fresh shrimp from Philadelphia on hi-lo rigs more or less or with small jigheads.

3. searcher

FINAL Day CATCH AND COOK!! Butter and Blackberry Fish **SOLO 1,600 Mile Fishing Road Trip**
    Fisherman's Life

Published on Sep 1, 2017
    Last Day of this West Coast Trip I visited Raymond Washington and fished on the Westport Jetty to do a catch and cook. GREAT place to fish in comparison to the jetty's in half moon bay, CA. The rocks are huge and there is almost unlimited area to fish. Salmon can also be caught from the jetty which seems to be a common species to target from the jetty and shore from Washington. Ended up catching about 6 or 7 fish and two big kelp greenling keepers.

4. searcher

Catching Your Own Bait for BIG Flounder/Fluke! Montauk Marathon Trip
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Aug 30, 2017
    I hopped on this trip last minute with Kenny and BBC, it was going to be a long range Fluke trip followed by night Striper Fishing, the boat left at 7am and we didn't get on the Fluke grounds til about 10am, I started off getting my first keeper on a chicken rig, and quickly switched to a 2oz jig with a 6" Gulp grub, casting it out and jigging it back to the boat. There was slack calm conditions today meaning the drift was super slow, got some decent fish on the Gulp but silly me forgot most of my Gulp at home. Thankfully the Chub Mackerel are thick out there on the fluke grounds and we were able to jig chubs with ease, any time we needed bait. Filleted the mack, stripped it and tipped it on the jig and the fish loved it, my biggest fish of the day at 8lb+ came on the mack strip. Toward evening we moved back to the Lighthouse to Striper fish, but knowing the striper bite would be slow to start, we chose to jig for scup with small jigs (epoxy jigs) and got around a dozen nice scup between us before it got dark and we started eelin. I did not film the night stuff but there wasnt a ton to film anyway as the bite was pretty slow, but the boat did have some nice stripers. The most miraculous part of this trip is that after not sleeping thursday night, fishing all day friday night til 1am sat morning, kenny still found the strength to make the 4 hour drive home.

(Ocearch boat at 1:03, they were tracking juvenille great whites)

5. searcher

GIANT Sailfish & Mahi Mahi! Epic MULTI SPECIES Fishing Day!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Sep 1, 2017
    Florida fishing girl Darcizzle goes deep sea fishing offshore. Non stop fishing action all day long, catching a giant sail fish and alot of mahi mahi aka dolphin fish

6. searcher

7. searcher

UH OH! Category 5 HURRICANE IRMA is heading right for us!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Sep 5, 2017
    Florida Fishing girl Darcizzle goes inshore saltwater fishing with her family. Afterwards, we got news a Category 5 Hurricane Irma is coming! We are in the path of the deadly storm, time to break out the shutters, generator, etc!

8. searcher

A Day Full of FISHING FAILS is Saved by a TOWBOAT & a Fan! *HD*
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Sep 6, 2017
    Epic fishing fail day video! Florida girl Darcizzle has bad luck offshore fishing for wahoo! We were saved inshore by a tow boat rescue & a fan fixing our generator in preparation for a deadly storm, Category 5 Hurricane Irma!⇊

9. searcher

Taken to School by one big fish! Stormy Surf Fishing Montauk
    FishAholic Fishing

Published on Sep 7, 2017
    FishAholic Hats http://bit.ly/2vIU3w3
    Lure 11/2oz white bucktail

Thanks for the support guys and 20k subs!
    I don't know what I was thinking using those stupid clips but it cost me a nice fish and fortunately enough I caught countless schoolie bass to keep the action hot. Going to try my best to hit the surf hard the next couple months from Long Island, Rhode Island to New Jersey!!

Follow me on...
    IG, http://bit.ly/instagramfishaholicfishing
    Facebook, http://bit.ly/facebookfishaholicfishing

10. searcher

A HIGHLY Underrated Fish | QUALITY Lake Trout On Paddletails
    EliasVFishing

Published on Sep 7, 2017
    Booked a charter with my dad (www.fingerlakesanglingzone.com) on Lake Cayuga. The lake trout bite was good. We worked paddletails in depths ranging from 100-80 foot for some lake trout. A trash fish to some, boring to others, and appreciated by a few. Jigging these fish in this type of water was a lot of fun and it was great to get them going on soft plastics!

I had some left over shads from striper season that were torn up a bit but I cut them down a few inches and they worked great. John also provided soft plastics that were effective too.

11. searcher

SHE BROKE MY HOBIE OUTBACK!
    Yak Motley

Published on Sep 7, 2017
    In this VLOG, we took a kayak fishing trip out to Pensacola Beach, Florida . It was an awesome day to kayak fish. Samantha broke my HOBIE OUTBACK and the rudder was toast!

Follow me @YakMotley on Instagram and Facebook!

12. searcher

Why We're NOT EVACUATING Our WOOD FRAME HOME for Category 5 Hurricane Irma!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Sep 7, 2017
    Florida fishing girl Darcizzle & Brian explain to why we are NOT evacuating our house ahead of the deadly catastrophic Cat 5 Hurricane Irma! We tell you why, like the flood map, storm surge, evacuation zones, & damage. Stay tuned for DAILY videos for Hurricane Irma Updates

13. searcher

September 7, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Sep 7, 2017
    One week after Harvey captured national attention, coastal residents are now looking at another monster storm arriving in the Southeast in the form of Hurricane Irma. While thoughts and prayers are with friends and family in Florida, South Carolina and throughout the Island, New Jersey anglers are justifiably incensed at the regulatory storm created by the black sea bass and fluke closure over the Labor Day Weekend.

This week’s video forecast for September 7-11 comes from outside the Stafford Township Municipal Building where a standing room only crowd is expected for Thursday after at 4 p.m.; we’ll have more from this meeting later this week at TheFisherman.com. As for the weekend fishing forecast, while Hudson to Baltimore swells are intensifying (4 to 7’s building 6 to 10 by Monday), the inshore striper action is coming alive with live eels scoring fish in the northern region as well as up the Mullica River, while big blues are on the prowl in Barnegat Bay and spike weakfish are feasting on peanuts from the Raritan down into Cape May County.

Coastal party boats are mixing it up with bluefish, ling, bonito and porgies where available, while Delaware anglers continue fishing for fluke and sea bass while scoring a few good sheepshead at the walls and rockpiles.

For updated weekly reports year-round for the NJ/DE region, go to http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

14. searcher

September 7, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Sep 7, 2017
    Summer crowds have thinned, waters are starting to cool, and some of our favorite species are beginning to put on the feed bag in preparation for migration time. The albies are in, bass and bluefish reports are on the rise, fluke are staging for their offshore migration, and scup and sea bass action should be even better if that’s possible. The surf is coming alive, and tuna and sharks will please the offshore crowd whenever there is a good weather window.

15. searcher

September 7, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Sep 7, 2017
    I’d like to start off this week by mentioning a fundraiser event and fishing tournament of which I am involved in to benefit the son of RI Field Editor, John Hanecak. As I wrote about in my September editor’s log, John’s young son, Owen, was diagnosed with leukemia in early July. And while Owen is currently in remission, he will require at least 3.5 years of treatment to ensure that he beats the disease. While insurance will cover a lot of the medical expenses for Owen’s treatment, there will still be a lot of related expenses which the Hanecak family will incur. To help them out, a group of us have banded together to produce a month-long fishing tournament and fundraiser with all proceeds going directly to the family. You can get a look at all the details on both events in the news story posted at TheFisherman.com and linked in the YouTube card at the upper right-hand corner of your screen. And if you’d like to make a monetary donation directly to the family, or a product donation for the fundraiser or fishing tournament, you can send me an email at tlapinski@thefisherman.com and I can assist. Thank you for your help!

Connecticut
    • A shot of really big fluke were landed towards the end of last week and on into the weekend “off Montauk” with a flurry of 10-plus-pound fish being weighed-in at local shops. The biggest one that I got word of so far was a doormat of 14 pounds even landed by Fisherman subscriber Wayne Carney and weighed-in at AW Marina in New London and entered in our Dream Boat Challenge. Remember that you do not need to catch a fish in your home state in order to enter it in the Dream Boat Challenge, you just need to be a Fisherman subscriber!

Rhode Island
    • The fishing in-between weather events recently has been excellent with some great cod fishing out at Coxes reported by Capt. Tony of Booked Off Charters. He said that he got into a steady bite of cod into the teens with several bigger fish up to 30 pounds before the winds and seas last week, but when we last spoke he wasn’t sure when he’d be able to get back on the bite. We’ll have to wait and see if the fish are still on those numbers

• And much like the CT report, some big fluke came to the scales in Rhody this week with a 13-pound fish getting top honors. The big fluke was landed on Monday aboard the Frances Fleet’s full-day boat amid a mixed-bag of fluke and sea bass.

Massachusetts
    • With the opening of commercial tuna season just before the weather passed by, bluefin fishing was excellent off the Cape. Capt. John of Fish Chatham Charters got in on the bite bagging a 113-inch, 624-pound dressed fish on Monday. He ran back out on Tuesday with a charter and while they didn’t find any big girls, they did manage to boat three fish from 60 to 73 inches.

• And then kicking off this weekend running through October 14 we have the 2017 Martha’s Vineyard Striped Bass and Bluefish Derby as well as the Nantucket Inshore Classic. The Fisherman Magazine is once again proud to be a sponsor of both of these great events, please visit our events page for more details.

16. searcher

Preparing For Hurricane Irma, Florida Keys to Jupiter, FL.
    deermeatfordinner

Published on Sep 8, 2017
    Getting ready for a storm like this is mentally, physically and emotionally stressful!!!

17. searcher

Will We SURVIVE?! Dangerous HURRICANE IRMA Bears Down on Florida! UPDATE
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Sep 9, 2017
    Florida fishing girl Darcizzle & Brian inform you about the deadly catastrophic Category 3 Hurricane Irma! Went to the beach to see deteriorating weather conditions; high winds, surf & storm surge. Stay tuned for DAILY videos with Hurricane Updates

18. searcher

POST HURRICANE UPDATE LIVE FROM SOUTH FLORIDA
    Darcizzle Offshore

Streamed live on Sep 11, 2017

19. searcher

Before the Hurricane Fishing
    SaltyKayak

Published on Sep 8, 2017
    Just a couple days before hurricane Irma's fury hit Florida, big John and I headed out for one last fishing trip. It is amazing how beautiful it can be on the ocean just before an extremely violent act of nature.
    After the last hurricane, I swore I was going to get a generator and with the approach of Irma, nowhere has generators, not Home Depot or Lowe's and I was even unable to get one delivered via FedEx that I ordered from Harbor Freight over a week ago. Fortunately, our pastor was getting out of Dodge and is letting us borrow his small generator which will at least keep the fridge cold.

This will probably be the last video for a week or 2 since we will undoubtedly will be losing power and tens of thousands of trees will be down and power out for many days and possibly weeks.
    Pray for Florida all you Brothers and Sisters of the Hook.

20. searcher

First Walk Around After Irma Passed
    SaltyKayak

Published on Sep 14, 2017
    We STAYED and so did nearly all of our neighbors and once again, God sent His angels to protect not only our home from serious damage but also all of our neighbors.
    This is the first outing shortly after hurricane Irma was had passed to the North of us. I could hear the sound of generators going from several of our neighbors homes and although I had ordered a small generator from Harbor Freight, it was stuck in Orlando at the FedEx facility so our home had to ride out the storm without a generator. But, our great neighbor let us run an extension cord all the way over to their generator so we at least could keep our fridge cold and a couple lights on and fans blowing.

21. searcher

The Day After Hurricane Irma
    deermeatfordinner

Published on Sep 12, 2017
    Here's a look at our area the day after Hurricane Irma hit!
    Tomorrow, we're going to the keys to Check on Uncle Larry's home! the roads open tomorrow.

22. searcher

CHEAP DELI MEAT FOR BAIT? Salami v. Mystery Meat v. Pastrami v. Turkey Fish Off
    EliasVFishing

Published on Sep 13, 2017
    Well the gummy shark Porgy video was a big hit so I decided to follow through with adding some truly atrocious salted meats onto my tubes and here is your results of this challenge!

I fished up and down the bay and caught some fish, there was something to learn out of this one too!

23. searcher

Day 1 Salmon Fishing the Salmon River - The Futility
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Sep 13, 2017
    Got an invite to go up to the salmon river in NY for 2 days with Dante and Matteo, this was the first day of fishing... We arrived in Pulaski around 5am, checked in to our fish camp and hit the tackle shop before getting to the river at dawn, what we found was a good number of anglers and slow fishing. We saw a dozen salmon hooked and lost by other anglers during the first couple hours of the morning, but we got nothing. We made a move just in time for some heavy rain and thunderstorms to come through, we fished through 3 hours of on and off downpours for virtually nothing, I was lucky to snag/catch some line that was attached to a salmon from someone elses prior break off, but I lost the fish. None of us brought rain jackets as the forecast only showed a slight chance of showers, by about noon we were soaked and freezing and tired and went to the cabin to sleep. We returned to the river around 5pm and Matteo hooked up on his first cast but lost the fish. We moved around... and eventually I noticed a very weak/dying salmon swimming along shore and I basically just kicked it on to shore. Toward dusk I hooked a fish and lost it, dante hooked one and lost it, and that was all for day 1. I was regretting my decision of going to the salmon river at this point as I have had bad experiences in the past (just like this one) but THANKFULLY there was a big push of fish overnight and day 2 it was crazy all day... stay tuned.

I used a Shimano Clarus 8'6 noodle rod

Reel I used: Abu Revo 3000 http://amzn.to/2wXevx7

Line I used: http://amzn.to/2joZped

24. searcher

Fire Island Fishing Forecast September 15th, 16th and 17th w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti
    skimmeroutdoors

Fire Island & Great South Bay Fishing Forecast September 15th, 16th and 17th w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti

Captain Al Lorenzetti's weekly weekend reports and fishing forecast for the Fire Island and Great South Bay area.

http://www.trespalms.com/
    http://www.skimmeroutdoors.com/
    http://www.trophytackle.com/
    http://www.ericramsay.com/
    http://www.bergenbaydocks.com
    https://www.youtube.com/subscribe_wid...

25. searcher

THE EPIC SALMON RUN!! Salmon River 2017
    Sea-Money Fishing

After a demoralizing day 1 on the salmon river, we were fortunate to have a big push of fish come up for day 2, there must have been hundreds of salmon moving upstream, we caught a bunch and lost a bunch more, Kings, Cohos, a Steelhead, everyone was hooking up all day long! Seems like the previous days rain and thunderstorms helped push the fish upriver.

26. searcher

Inshore Fishing Post Hurricane Irma Update! DID THE FISH SURVIVE?
    Darcizzle Offshore

In this video Florida fishing girl Darcizzle goes inshore saltwater fishing & to survey damage/conditions after Hurricane Irma impacted South Florida. We find out if the fish survived the deadly storm & give you boating/fishing updates

27. searcher

September 14, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr
    The Fisherman Magazine

Party and charter boats at the Jersey Shore are still working the grounds on a variety of options this week, from false albacore and bonito, to cod, porgies and ling, with a surprising dose of winter flounder in the north as well - more than a few are also taking advantage of the offshore bite as well with yellowfin and longfin in the deep.

Delaware anglers continue hitting the black sea bass and summer flounder grounds to the south, while everywhere in between blackfish are being scored with regularity both inshore and onshore! While only a one tautog bag limit in New Jersey, jetty jocks have been doing quite well soaking crabs along the inlet rocks, with Central South Jersey anglers especially hitting a few surprise redfish in the mix, as well as triggerfish. It’s a good time to dunk a chum pot with the kids in the back bay for blowfish and fall striper candies (spot), while reports of double-digit bluefish continue coming from Barnegat Bay. Don’t forget the weakfish which have turned on to all these peanuts beginning to flow out the back!

Finger mullet are beginning to stack up for the run down the beach, and the tell-tale “V-Wakes” should be appearing soon along your favorite stretch. Match the hatch in this week’s video forecast, and we hope to see you at the Surf Fishing Show at the Huntington Hilton on Long Island this week as well. Get details in this week’s forecast!

Get the weekly fishing reports for NJ/DE at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

28. searcher

September 14, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

As fluke season slips into its final week, the number of doormats being caught in Montauk is beyond superlatives. Not sure how long it is going to last, but if a big fluke is on your bucket list there may never be a better time than now to steer east. Hopefully the seas and winds are conducive to targeting the big flatties.

Porgies and sea bass remain solid around the Island, several areas are seeing an unexpected number of weakfish, and albie action has been lights out on the East End as well.

And, there is still time to attend The Fisherman’s annual Surf Fishing extravaganza at the Huntington Hilton on Route 110, a half mile south of the LIE. It runs from 6 to 11 p.m.

29. searcher

September 14, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Just a reminder that the annual Fisherman Magazine surf fishing show takes place Thursday, September 14, in Melville, NY at the Huntington Hilton. There will be seminars, factory reps and tons of raffles for all attendees. Check out Thefisherman.com for complete details.

Connecticut
    • With the increase in bag limit on scup to 45 fish per angler aboard party boats, Capt. Greg reports some tired mates on recent trips as they were busy filleting piles of tasty porgies for happy Black Hawk patrons. They’re also seeing solid numbers of sea bass with a shot at fluke, bluefish and even stripers along the way.

Rhode Island
    • The big news this week is of false albacore spreading out across a good part of South County. Capt. Tom Logan put his clients onto some albies this week, and a perusal of Facebook shows albie fever has spread out of Buzzards Bay and well into Rhody waters!

Massachusetts
    • While there are some decent stripers being caught in the Canal which is garnering some attention, the hottest news is of false albacore in Buzzards Bay with anglers getting them both from shore as well as by boat. Word is spreading of their presence inshore so fishing pressure is increasing which will likely lead to more difficult-to-catch fish in the coming week or so.