1. Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There are no markets
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 6/24/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1256.40 Silver $16.64 Oil $43.01 USD $96.94
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

The Complete Fishing Thread ( Fresh Water / Salt Water )

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing, Boating, HIking, Trapping' started by searcher, Jun 21, 2015.

1. searcher

searcher Mother Lode Found Site Supporter ++ Mother Lode

how to catch crab off a dock part 1
    PK Yi

Published on Nov 23, 2017

2. searcher

How to cook Crab - Part 2 (crab musubi)
    PK Yi

Here's a quick and simple way I cook my crabs. It's musubi made with crab meat. You can get the musubi mold from Amazon for pretty cheap.

3. searcher

400 Mile New Jersey to North Carolina Offshore Fishing Trip + Surf Fishing
    Sea-Money Fishing

Happy Thanksgiving all! crazy how the striper fishing was so good this day last year and so bad today..

This video is from about a month ago. Got an invite to move "The Hot Tuna" which is a charter boat in LBI NJ (call 862-703-1895 if interested in a charter) to its winter home in Morehead City North Carolina. The crew consisted of Bob the Captain, Dante the 2nd captain, and Scott, Jimmy and Me. This would be a 48 hour trip covering about 400+ miles of Ocean, we stopped and hit some lobster pots to start the trip off, putting a dozen mahi in the box before posting up on the troll toward our southern destination. The only reason I narrated the whole mahi session was because my corrupt gopro didnt record any of the audio... We caught a few more mahi and a couple skipjack before the sun set. We woke up the next morning somewhere off the Outer Banks and about an hour after sunrise got a surprise Billfish.. I figured this would be the day we would catch tuna and other sick fish but the further south we got, the dirtier the water got, and we spent a lot of the day trolling some nasty looking water. At one point we saw the Oregon Inlet fleet, dozens of boats, all running toward the inlet? That was not a good sign. We found a couple King Mackerel in some shallower water on the edge of the Gulf Stream but generally day 2 was a bust. The final nail in the coffin was when the coast guard came and checked the boat for the final hour- hour and a half of daylight.. Day 3, we arrived in Morehead City, cleaned the fish, lived the docklife, slipped the boat and went to Bobs House. Typical of times when you dont bring any gear, the albies were going wild all over the beaches in front of Bobs house and I had absolutely nothing adequate to cast at them. Scott got one on a really inadequate jig before I got there. I got bit on a twister tail but the albie broke the cheap hook... thankfully the albies disappeared and we were able to focus on the small fluke that were all over in the wash... the day ended with a big bite on my gulp shrimp and getting a nice spool-job by a lowly shark. All in all it was a crazy few days of travel and fishing.

4. searcher

Happy Holidays - channel update
    PK Yi

A quick channel update - and Happy Holidays to everyone!! I hope you get to the turkey before the mother in law does!

5. searcher

November 22, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Nov 22, 2017
    The 2016 Thanksgiving holiday at the Jersey Shore was marked by epic bass on bunker blitzes at the Jersey Shore; with northwest winds in the forecast for Thursday and more westerlies on Friday, the conditions for 2017 are shaping up for a possible surfside sequel.

Inshore boaters are turning to live bunker, while trollers are working Majas, mojos & plugs along the fence in hopes of a big score; surfcasters are tossing swim shads, topwaters, and swimmers, while also dunking a few bunker chunks along the way. A few bass are also taking live spot or eels in the backwaters of South Jersey. New Jersey and Delaware party and charter boats alike are on the hunt for black sea bass and tautog this weekend, with several double-digit whitechins reported throughout the region in recent days.

This week we celebrate a uniquely American holiday with the family while giving thanks for nature’s bounty – with a little luck, perhaps we’re also celebrating with a bountiful little bite, by beach and by boat!

Full NJ/DE Reports at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

6. searcher

November 22, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

There should be no shortage of stripers for Turkey Day, a tradition for many anglers on the Island, and a last call for boatmen before putting their boat to sleep for the winter. Jumbo sea bass and porgies continue to please on offshore wrecks and off of Block Island, and blackfish are holding strong around much of the Island. If you are looking for calamari for the holidays, most of the North Shore harbors are now well stocked with good size squid.

As the Dream Boat Challenge winds down, there is still a good shot before the end of the month at getting on the board with a big striper, blue, sea bass, blackfish or porgy. The winner will be announced on thefisherman.com in mid-December, and the January issue will include all of the details.

Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season and what better gift for any angler on your list than a subscription to The Fisherman. It’s as simple as clicking on the link below.

http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

7. searcher

Fire Island & Great South Bay Fishing Forecast November 23 thru 26th w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti
    skimmeroutdoors

Fire Island & Great South Bay Fishing Forecast November 23rd, 24th 25th and 26th w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti

Captain Al Lorenzetti's weekly weekend reports and fishing forecast for the Fire Island and Great South Bay area.

http://www.trespalms.com/
    http://www.skimmeroutdoors.com/
    http://www.trophytackle.com/
    http://www.ericramsay.com/
    http://www.bergenbaydocks.com

8. searcher

November 22, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

As we move through the Thanksgiving Holiday week, I’ve got a few things to pass along to you. First up, the December monthly issue of The Fisherman is due out this week and in it you will find our Annual Holiday Gift Guide with a spotlight on more than 70 great gifts that would be perfect for the fisherman in your life.

And if you simply can’t decide which gift is best, or if you need to come up with a fishing-related gift for the angler who seems to have it all, then why not give them a gift subscription to The Fisherman Magazine? It is the gift that keeps on giving for years to come!

Last up, keep in mind that we are entering the final days of the 2017 Dream Boat Challenge which ends on November 30. There is still time and plenty of big fish out there to be caught, so don’t delay in making that final push at winning the brand new Steiger Craft. Good luck!

Connecticut
    • Togging remains tops in Long Island Sound. While a lot of boats have been moving deep, don’t be afraid to give your shallow-water spots a little time as some good-sized fish are still hanging tight to shore. I have also received some good reports from boats heading to the east end of the Sound finding a mixed-bag of tog, scup and sea bass.

Rhode Island
    • Again, blackfishing is your best bet right now as some impressive fish have been landed in the Ocean State over the last week or so. We received a new top Dream Boat entry for blackfish from Lucas Razza as he caught an impressive 13.67-pound whitechinner. This week’s reports were also filled with a load of double-digit tog landed across the state so get out there now!

Massachusetts
    • I am sticking with the tog theme once again as Buzzards Bay is kicking out its share of big fish from the west end of the Canal on out to the islands. Capt. Jason Colby has been finding about 3-5 shorts per keeper with bigger fish coming on the weekend’s trips.

9. searcher

UNLOCKING SECRETS of the Most Beautiful Fish in the Sea
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Nov 20, 2017

Fishing girl Darcizzle goes deep sea fishing in Florida with fans!
    Catching multi-species while offshore fishing and one of the most beautiful fish species in the sea!

10. searcher

Carp Fishing GRAND SLAM!
    TAFishing

Published on Nov 24, 2017
    Graeme takes the Totally Awesome cameras south west to Angler's Paradise where he sets himself the target of a "GRAND SLAM" of Carp species. It's a great setting, with a wide variety of lakes...in fact so many lakes he doesn't know where to go first !! It's a day of searching for fish, spotting his target, then casting out a bait...One of the most exciting ways to catch the species. And all on just a regular Avon rod...it brings back memories of warm English summers...(Did we have one ????)

11. searcher

Deep Sea Fishing For KING MACKEREL Using Live Bait!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Florida fishing girl Darcizzle goes offshore fishing in the deep sea. Saltwater fishing for king mackerel aka kingfish with live bait & we ending up catching our targeted fish species!

12. michael59

michael59 heads up-butts down Site Supporter ++ Platinum Bling

20 years logging
    this is what I think about U-tube "Restricted Mode is enabled by your domain administrator."

and who the hell is my domain administrator?

edit: evidently my domain administrator is my daughter. So I switched to a different browser.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    searcher likes this.
  13. searcher

Fall Fatty. Fishing the Ocean Front for Striped Bass. New Jersey Fall 2017
    FishAholic Fishing

Published on Nov 26, 2017
    Went down to the Jersey shore for three days and crashed in the truck this was day two where I actually caught a decent amount of fish. The stripers were feeding on small bunker and I was throwing a 5" swim shad to connect with some schoolie small to medium sized striped bass. I was using light tackle which made it fun so I really couldn't complain.

My Kayak is a like new 2017 Hobie Outback and it is for SALE shoot me a message on..if interested.
    IG, http://bit.ly/instagramfishaholicfishing
    Facebook, http://bit.ly/facebookfishaholicfishing

14. searcher

Hope this helps: Turn Off You Tube's Restricted Status

Enjoy your night.

15. searcher

November 30, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Nov 30, 2017
    While officially entering the 2017 holiday season, South Jersey and Delaware anglers are beginning to see glad tidings with jumbo stripers on several tides. Fish have been trolled up, jigged and livelined from Wreck Inlet down to the famed Rips of Cape May, with a 50-plus incher registered this week out of Brigantine. While there are still pockets of good-sized fish throughout the reporting area, much of the surf bite has been about micro bass which are there in great numbers one day, “on the sly” the next. While there remains a chance or ten to score a monster on the chunk or plug, scaling down now with tins and teasers on lighter tackle can produce quantity over quality when conditions are right. Bass hunters are anxiously awaiting signs of herring and sand eels this week, while the wrecks continue to produce double-digit size blackfish, sea bass and porgies for bottom fishermen looking to score big.

16. searcher

Fire Island & Great South Bay Fishing Forecast Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti
    skimmeroutdoors

Fire Island & Great South Bay Fishing Forecast Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti

Captain Al Lorenzetti's weekly weekend reports and fishing forecast for the Fire Island and Great South Bay area.

http://sunsetdesignstudio.net/

17. searcher

November 30, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Striped bass fishing along the South Shore of Long Island can’t get much better than it has been for the past week with crazy numbers being racked up by diamond jiggers working in 40 to 50 feet of water. Jumbo sea bass with a mix of cod are on offshore wrecks and on the Block Island Grounds, and dropping water temps have turned on the tog with widespread reports of good catches.

18. searcher

November 30, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

This is the first week of our winter print schedule in which we only print the primary monthly issues for the months of December, January, February and March, to resume standard weekly printings once again in April. You can still get all the weekly fishing reports online so you’re sure to stay on top of the action.

In more housekeeping notes, the December monthly issue of The Fisherman came out last week and it’s our Annual Holiday Gift Guide with a spotlight on more than 70 great gifts that would be perfect for the fisherman in your life.

And what better gift is there for a fisherman than a gift subscription to The Fisherman Magazine? It always fits and we remain your number 1 source for everything fishing related across the Northeast for more than 50 years!

Connecticut and Rhode Island
    • I’m lumping Connecticut and Rhode Island together this week as the fishing is pretty similar in both states. Inshore fishing for blackfish remains very good with fish moving deep. Very few successful outings have been reported in shallow water with the 20- to 50-foot depths producing the bigger fish right now.

• Sea bass action has been lights-out off Block with some better shots of cod being found. There have also been some porgies and even a few pollock mixed-in. I got word of increased sightings of sea herring this week, too, so that should help the cod bite if they stick around.

Massachusetts
    • Togging in Buzzards Bay remains good for those still sailing. Again, deeper water spots seem to be producing better results with 30- to 40-foot depths being favored.

• Freshwater fishing is also very good right now for trout thanks in no small part to the additional stocking completed by the state this fall. Jake Burchill from Cohasset caught a nice brown while fishing at a pond in Plymouth, and some big browns have been reported on the Cape for anglers fishing artificials after dark.

19. searcher

Accurate Watch and Win The Fisherman
    The Fisherman Magazine

The Fisherman magazine's Jim Hutchinson provides an in-depth overview of the Accurate Valiant 800 Reel. Enter to win the reel by signing up for The Fisherman's FREE enewsletter at https://visitor.r20.constantcontact.c....

20. searcher

The Red Snapper are Starving
    SaltyKayak

This video is a combination or 2 days this week where Big John and I went fishing.
    This video is dedicated to the 4th grade class of Mrs. Smith at Cash Elementary School in Kernersville, North Carolina. I have heard from reliable sources that several of the kids like to watch SaltyKayak's fishing channel and are glad that my fishing channel is 'Safe for the Whole Family". There is no swearing, smoking or alcohol on my boat allowed and no 'off color jokes'. On my boat, The 'Answered Prayer', we chose the moral high ground and want to portray only the best for young eyes to see. That is why our motto is: Your 3 year old daughter or your 93 year old grandma will never see or hear anything offensive on SaltyKayak's channel. So enjoy the energy and excitement.

21. searcher

Catch & Cook: Simple (And Tasty) Blackfish Chowder!
    EliasVFishing

Published on Nov 27, 2017
    Fish chowder season! This week we did our catch and cook with blackfish and made ourselves a fish chowder! An easy recipe that takes a little bit of time.

My recipe is similar to this one:

http://www.onthewater.com/living-off-...

I like to add some corn to it, and also some kielbasa vs. the bacon. It's a personal preference but the kielbasa adds more fun to it imo. I don't mess with evaporated milk really and go with straight heavy cream or half and half. OTW uses dill, but that's a flavor I am not that crazy about.

Oddly enough this tastes best after an hour or so of sitting in the pot. Don't freak out if it isn't thick right away.

22. searcher

Going Deep on the Sandbar to Catch Stripers
    Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Nov 29, 2017
    Striper fishing the jersey shore one day in November 2017. We were plagued with small fish this day, or should I say this whole fall... I met up with Ricky and Mako and fished a bunch of different spots all along the coast and generally found nothing but rats most spots we fished, Mako probably got the nicest fish this day from that jetty on a pencil in the morning. We decided to wade far out along a sandbar on the incoming tide at dusk chasing birds and bait, which ended up being the best bite of the day, sadly my gopro died during that action and I didn't change the battery until after it slowed and we were walking back to the beach. Almost all the fish were small but they were numerous, at dusk we got a lotta small bass. This will probably be my only surf video of the fall as I have not been catching anything but rats this year and I have since given up...

23. searcher

ECLIPSE Luxury Mega Yacht! | $500 Million SUPER YACHT is HERE in Florida!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Nov 28, 2017
    In this fishing video, Darcizzle sees the Eclipse yacht. The 2nd largest/biggest and most luxurious private mega yacht IN THE WORLD. Valued at $500 Million, the superyacht is owned by Russian multi billionaire Roman Abramovich.⇊CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFO & LINKS⇊

The Eclipse is fitted with double helipads, elevators, two swimming pools, several hot tubs, disco hall, mini submarine and high class military defense systems. The Eclipse is 533' long & quite a sight to see in person! http://bit.ly/Eclipse-Yacht-Info

24. searcher

When in DOUBT Troll it OUT!
    Landshark Fishing

Published on Dec 4, 2017
    This video is from a quick afternoon trip fishing out of Hillsboro inlet, Florida. We started by trolling planers for kingfish (King mackerel) and bonito (False albacore) . Then we made some drops on a wreck with some fresh cut bonito strips and vertical jigs. Ended up with a mix of African Pompano, Mutton snapper and Almaco Jack to end the day.

BEST Marine Canvas in S. Florida: http://bit.ly/TheCanvasFactory
    ►Subscribe to Brook's Channel: http://bit.ly/Brookschannel

25. searcher

Fly Fishing the Cold December Surf For Striped Bass
    FishAholic Fishing

Published on Dec 6, 2017
    Snag a Fishaholic hat! http://bit.ly/2vIU3w3
    Use code FISHAHOLIC for 20% off (holiday deal)

Headed down to the Jersey Shore for the Day and in my mind I knew kinda what to expect for the fishing so decided to cast around with the fly rod and challenge myself a little bit.

Rod 10wt Sage (weight of rod 3 7/8oz)
    Reel LA Islander 4.5
    Leader 30lb Fluoro http://amzn.to/2y4te6L
    Line Line, 10wt intermediate sink tip sinking

26. searcher

December 7, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Dec 7, 2017
    While crowds have lightened up heading into the second weekend of December, we’re still hearing of quite a few “personal best” fish being registered on both the striped bass and blackfish grounds throughout the region. The largest of the stripers were being trolled off South Jersey and into Delaware before the wind and rain this week, from a mile off the beach out to the three-mile line.

Plugs, spoons and mojos have done well for trollers, though hot bunker schools are still popping up all over and yielding fishing. Still stripers in the Central and Northern range too, and Jersey Shore surfcasters continue to score on bunker as well as plugs and tins (with teasers).

Wreck reports this week have blackfish on the chew in 35 to 50 feet of water off the Central Coast, while Delaware sites 10 and 11 are still giving up some good fish. While many party boats are looking to the snags for tautog this weekend, the black sea bass run continues through December as well.

If you’re boat’s in dry storage and you’re looking for a final inning striper, best bet this week is turn to the South Jersey for-hire fleet as they run and gun on the 30- and 40-pound bass on their southern run.

Be sure to check out this week's New York report too from Fred Golofaro, as he said there's been no letup to the bass blitzes along the South Shore of Long Island, which is terrific news for those of us down south!

http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

27. searcher

December 7, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Dec 7, 2017
    That phenomenal run of striped bass along the South Shore from Fire Island to NY Bight was in full gear right up through Monday, prior to the fan being turned on Tuesday and Wednesday. Taking into account the volume of fish and bait piled into the 40 to 50 foot depths, it’s unlikely a couple of days of wind will do much to derail the run. An interesting aside is the increasing number of cod falling to the jigs of bass anglers.

Block Island and the offshore wrecks south of Long Island continue to produce very good catches of jumbo sea bass, porgies and a fair amount of cod. Fishing for blackfish, especially on the North Fork, was hampered by Super Moon tides early in the week, but those strong currents will not be an issue as we move away from the moon. What will be an issue is the cold weather. Be sure to dress appropriately if you are hitting the water this weekend.

28. searcher

Fire Island & Great South Bay Fishing Forecast Dec 8th, 9th and 10th w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti
    skimmeroutdoors

Published on Dec 7, 2017
    Fire Island & Great South Bay Fishing Forecast Dec 8th, 9th and 10th w/ Captain Al Lorenzetti

https://www.youtube.com/subscribe_wid...

29. searcher

December 7, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Dec 7, 2017
    If you haven’t already done so, be sure to sign up for the FREE weekly electronic newsletter from The Fisherman as we are beginning a watch and win promotion for all subscribers of the enewsletter. Right out the gate we have an awesome prize for you to win, a brand-new ACCURATE FISHING VALIANT BV2-800 reel. Check out all the details and get a look at the reel and sign up by going here: http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm....

Connecticut
    • With blackfish season closing on December 6 in Connecticut, most local anglers are hanging up their rods for the season, heading to Rhode Island where the season goes to December 15 or hitting the local tidal rivers and surrounding shoreline where striped bass from small schoolies to 30-plus pounds are being caught. I got out for a few hours over the weekend and had a steady pick of bass out in the salt on light gear to about 27 inches. There are also hickory shad and sea herring poking around for the larger stripers to feed on before the winter cold arrives.

Rhode Island
    • As noted in the Connecticut discussion, blackfish season in Rhode Island closes on December 15 so there is still a little bit of time to get in on the excellent, just don’t delay too much longer. When Capt. Tony of Booked Off Charters checked-in this week for his report, he said that he has been doing very well on the blackfish with the biggest of the week going 13.18 pounds.

• There are cod to be caught at Coxes right now, but a lot of the boats report having a tough time getting through the massive schools of large black sea bass that are still hanging on the cod grounds. That said, Fisherman subscriber Alfonzo Sirica sent me a picture of a solid cod he caught over the weekend while fishing off Block.

Massachusetts
    • With the final commercial bluefin season of the fall in the books as of Wednesday, and migratory striped bass now well south of the Bay State, Massachusetts angler focus is squarely on freshwater pursuits with trout leading the way. It won’t be long before we’re talking about ice fishing, so get your open-water trips in now before it’s all about the ice.

30. searcher

By Request: An Introduction Of How To Effectively Fish With GPS & Fishfinder
    EliasVFishing

Published on Dec 7, 2017
    I am not a credible source for this. Googan internet kayak fisherman, take it with a grain of salt. Thanks. Probably the most useful thing here is how I transition reading a unit from freshwater to saltwater and vice versa.

In this video, I just go through how I generally end up approaching structures like wrecks and massive boulders in deep water. Maybe this is useful to you, maybe it's useless.

Items discussed:

My fishfinder unit - http://amzn.to/2zTnuNU
    My kayak - http://amzn.to/2B7wl32
    Navionics Phone App

Above are Amazon Affiliate Links

You can also support the channel by visiting EliasVFishing.com and picking up a pack of shads or a Hoo-Rag!

31. searcher

HE IS BACK!!! ...And he wants to EAT FISH! Perch DINNER Fishing w/ my Dad! (Doylestown, PA)
    Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Dec 5, 2017

December 1st, 2017 -- For my 155th outing of this year, I took my Dad to the North Branch Neshaminy Creek for some Perch for dinner! The original plan was to make a Catch-and-Cook video; however, the action was so slow that I decided to just do the fishing portion of it. Heh.

My father arrived in the USA for the Winter on the same day, and boy...he was not tired. He was ready to wet some lines!!!

32. searcher

VICIOUS Alien Bug Catches Fish?!?! (Winter River Fishing SECRET)
    1Rod1ReelFishing

Published on Dec 3, 2017
    I go fishing using the SCARIEST insect I've ever seen as bait! Gigantic pincers, and a long centipede like body, the hellgrammite looks like a monster straight out of a horror flick! Despite it's intimidating appearance, I've heard that this particular creature is a sought after snack for hungry smallmouth bass. With the cold conditions and the odds stacked against me, my goal for today was to capture some of these fiendish larvae and throw them on a hook to see what I could catch!

This video is dedicated to John Weatherby A.K.A. J-Dub Fishing
    Gone but not forgotten http://bit.ly/2hehYvo

Full ice fishing video of J-Dub rescuing a bass under the ice http://bit.ly/2A0nVub

Genie Jar Live Bait Container (30 oz) http://amzn.to/2jcQKca
    Genie Jar (17 oz) http://amzn.to/2AlEEad

Be Sure to SUBSCRIBE for New Videos Every Week!!! http://bit.ly/1RodSUB

33. searcher

The SECRET Revealed! How To Catch BAIT FISH & Micro Fish Video!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Dec 5, 2017
    In this Florida fishing video, Darcizzle goes saltwater fishing and shows you the secret and easiest method for bait fishing saltwater. Cast netting and using a sabiki rig and catching bait fish.

34. searcher

Catch, Clean, And Cook: ATLANTIC SALMON
    EliasVFishing

Published on Dec 9, 2017
    This was actually the last video from my recent Cayuga lake trip, but I thought the catch and cook theme would play nicely with the holidays!

I fished Cayuga lake trolling surface baits and working deep for a few hours and hooked a 23" salmon on a 4" keitech easy shiner with a 3/4 oz jighead.

Mario, co-owner of Brooklyn's SottoVoce - http://sottovocerestaurant.com/ was graceful enough to put up with me as we did the next step which was cold smoking a salmon. We are by no means experts on this but it was a fun way to do something different.

After catching, the salmon went into ice (well covered and bled) on my cooler for about 24 hours. After fillet we went with two different brines.

Simple Brine:
    2 Cups salt (we said four in the video but it was two oops)
    2 cups sugar
    3 cloves of garlic
    pepper
    1 gallon of water

Spiced Brine
    Same as Above plus
    1 cup soy sauce
    1 tablespoon jerkseasoning
    3 tablespoons pickling spice

Mario has a homemade smoker and set one for 24 hours and one for 12 hours after about a 16 hour brine. Both picked up different flavors and different unique qualities.

35. searcher

It's NOT Over Until It's....
    EliasVFishing

Published on Dec 13, 2017
    Final striped bass trip of the season. Updated list of carriers of the Elias Shad:

Bernie's Bait & Tackle Brooklyn, NY
    True World Tackle Bayonne NJ
    The Reel Seat Brielle NJ
    Three Belles Outfitters Niantic CT
    JigTheBay.Com Edgewater Maryland
    Amazon.com

Targeting fish on a super moon that were feeding on herring. I expected small stuff but rounded out a few nice fish to keep it interesting.

Rigged EliasVFishing shads in ghost mullet and the peanut shad with 1 oz Kalin's Ultimate Swimbait jigs on light spinning gear. A few breaks offs but grinded out a decent day overall.

36. searcher

Deep Sea FISH BLOODBATH! Pan Seared Tuna- Catch Clean Cook!
    Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Dec 10, 2017
    In this catch, clean & cook fishing video, Florida fishing girl Darcizzle goes deep sea fishing and catches skipjack tuna! We cooked pan Seared tuna with black and white Sesame Seeds! This is as fresh as it gets!

37. searcher

December 14, 2017 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
    The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Dec 15, 2017
    While an arctic blast swept across the region this week with more snow on the ground to start the day on Thursday, striped bass are still available in fairly good numbers throughout the New Jersey, Delaware region this week. Though many folks have pulled their boats for the winter, big fish are being taken on the troll off South Jersey and down the DELMARVA peninsula, with mojos, spoons and plugs getting the nod.

The Northern and Central Jersey bite continues as well, though it’s not the gangbusters action experienced earlier the season, and not the staggering sizes either. Along the surf, finding the right cut or slough this week and scaling down the gear can put double-digit striper catches on the sand, even if most of the fish are on the small side.

The best news is stripers are still being caught along the South Shore of Long Island which bodes well for holiday action. Charter and party boats not jigging or trolling stripers continue to find a good tautog bite nearer shore than expected, though a few toggers in the past week working deeper waters have reported some bluefin on the move as well.

Catch up the black sea bass before the December 31 seasonal close, and check back with TheFisherman.com in the days ahead for regulatory updates from the “Beltway” between DC and Annapolis where fluke and sea bass are in the regulatory spotlight this week.

Weekly fishing reports for NJ/DE at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

38. searcher

December 14, 2017 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
    The Fisherman Magazine

Sea bass action remains a can’t-miss proposition on offshore wreck trips and off of Block Island, with scup and cod spicing up the catch. Cod numbers continue to increase, a promising sign for the winter fishery. Stripers were still an option through the weekend and will likely be available until the end of the year with limited interest, as the season ends this Friday. Blackfish are off the board now but herring have arrived in good numbers along the South Shore and in parts of LI Sound.

39. searcher

40. searcher

December 14, 2017 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
    The Fisherman Magazine

Well, we weathered the first measurable snowfall of the season in Southern New England over the weekend, and it didn’t seem to hamper the fishing one bit although it did limit the sailing schedule for a lot of the local boats. Fortunately the shore-based salt and freshwater fishing remains very good for those willing to brave the elements.

Connecticut
    • There are still plenty of stripers to be had in the tidal rivers and surrounding waters out in the Sound. I had a decent outing a few nights ago, landing some fish on small jigs tossed on freshwater gear. I’ve heard of guys landing more than 100 fish on an outing in recent days with almost every single one being “sub-legal” fish. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t agree with those kind of numbers being run up as even though this is a catch and release fishery, I feel that the release mortality aspect is doing far more damage than most are willing to admit or even realize. The winter holdover fishery that we have here in New England, and especially Connecticut, is a fragile entity that should be cherished.

• Capt. Greg of the Black Hawk, sailing out of Stonington, has been heading to Block when the weather allows for it and he is finding excellent catches of cod, sea bass and scup. The trip last Friday before the snow was excellent with cod to 20-plus pounds landed. His next trip is this Friday so call now to book your spot on these limited-angler outings!

Rhode Island
    • The Rhode Island boats are also expectedly doing quite well on cod, and the blackfish season wraps up on Friday the 15th. Those last-minute tog trips being made have been very good, as I noted last week the bite has been making up for a rather sluggish start.

• I also saw a very cool video posted by Misquamicut Bait & Tackle on their Facebook page showing gannets hammering a school of sea herring well within casting range of shore on Sunday. No word if there were any stripers feeding on the herring, but it’s good to know there is a large food source for any remaining bass out front.

Massachusetts
    • Trout remains your best bet and Chris Nashville of the Goose Hummock Shop has been scoring some solid brown trout on the Cape. Both live shiners as well as artificials like spoons and small stickbaits are producing fish.