1. Potus out of town, all is pretty quiet for now
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good Mon Morning! Gold catches a bid +2.7 to 1256, while Silver is +16 to 1696. Crude still moving up 48 to 5115. The USD is down 6 and breaks 97, 9696.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Week of 5/13/2017 Closing prices & Chg Over Last Wk---- Gold $1227.70-- UP 0.80 Silver $16.40-- UP 13 Oil $47.84-- UP 1.62 USD $99.13 -- UP .61
  4. "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"
    Dismiss Notice

the workin man

Discussion in 'Projects, Builds, Woodworking, Metalworks' started by stonedywankanobe, Sep 15, 2016.

1. andial

andial Sir Midas Member Site Supporter ++

Nice work Sir Framesalot.

Lt Dan, stonedywankanobe and mayhem like this.
  2. mayhem

mayhem Другая перспектива Silver Miner Site Supporter

Retired
    Yeah good to see someone still knows how to do it. The BC down here won't allow it except on rare occasions. Everything has to be engineered trusses probably cause of the hurricanes. Still living in a volcano crater isn't that cool either. Had a real close friend that lived SW of Hot Springs Village. Kirk died at 58 dang it, sure miss him. We would truck up there every year for vacation. Lived on a lake, I'd have to look it up now to remember the name. Still get emails from his wife and keeds. I'll get to see him in the hear after though.

About the title adial, it works for me. "Sir Framesalot", I think it will stick.

3. stonedywankanobe

stonedywankanobe Gold Member Gold Chaser

20170217_132257.jpg

Shot of some roof bracing action. We looked at a job last week where the carpenters had finished and I kid you not there was one ridge leg down to a wall that did not have a stiffer, and it was the sole support for the entire roof structure.
    We try to get one where we can...

20170217_145436.jpg

Got her in the dry Friday.
    On the fived off blueprints they showed the porch beam 7' off the slab with the fascia coming in below the the elevation of the main overhang, looking disconnected and fudged up.

We raised the lvl's so now when we fur them down 4" the porch beam will be be perfectly in tune with the overhang on the home giving you the illusion that 4 pot smoking hippies probably didn't frame it.

Zed, mayhem, andial and 5 others like this.
  4. smooth

smooth Gold Member Gold Chaser

I couldn't imagine doing this for a living
    the worst.jpg
    jesse is no help.jpg

Zed, mayhem, andial and 3 others like this.
  5. stonedywankanobe

Bet Dialber shits a brick when he sees that dust.

Nice lookin work though Smootherine. I'd imagine your ready to paint and be done there so you can get back to the shitter project with the refer full of beers, and away from the olde lady.

Reminds me of a project i... hang on the oldy lady is hollering at me again.

Zed, andial, smooth and 1 other person like this.
  6. andial

Smootherine? no plastic to isolate the dust?

snuck in a big word there (isolate).

7. smooth

Was in the shop working on shitter project, but ShopDawgJesse likes to run in the yard, in the rain, then play in the "Gypsum" powder, then go inside the Wife's house and do figure 8's.

Gypsum is a soft sulfate mineral composed of calcium sulfate dihydrate, with the chemical formula CaSO. 4· 2H2O. It is widely mined and is used as a fertilizer, and as the main constituent in many forms of plaster, blackboard chalk and wallboard.

mayhem, andial, Lt Dan and 1 other person like this.
  8. andial

IMG_0405.JPG IMG_0406.JPG IMG_0407.JPG Just an FYI on wall repair critics welcome.

Goldhedge, Lt Dan, smooth and 4 others like this.
  9. glockngold

glockngold Gold Member Gold Chaser

How about adding a beveled male female edge to the hole & plug as well?

stonedywankanobe, Zed and mayhem like this.
  10. mayhem

Retired
    ttazzman, Lt Dan, smooth and 2 others like this.
  11. mayhem

Retired
    To time expensive.

12. andial

No, but I did leave out moistening the edges of the hole since old Sheetrock is dry as hell.

stonedywankanobe and Lt Dan like this.
  13. mayhem

Retired
    I know guys who swear if ya don't spritz the edges of the old stuff it will crack. I always did as you did just smear compound on the edges, then coat the wall and smooth it out. We did punch out a lot and folks wanted a electric box moved here and there. Just cut a square like you did, break the rock and peal it off the paper.

Lt Dan, stonedywankanobe and andial like this.
  14. stonedywankanobe

Finished up the house yesterday and started removal of this little mess of a sunroom in the big city this morning...

20170222_084306.jpg

Upon tearing into the ceiling we quickly discovered this handy little message on the back of some 1 eighth inches ceiling board...

20170222_092317.jpg

Shutdown.

mayhem, Lt Dan and smooth like this.
  15. andial

Sorry you had to shut down. Will that place looks creepy, does it have a bad history?

stonedywankanobe likes this.
  16. stonedywankanobe

Olde neighborhood, mostly Thurston Howell types.
    So yea, probably lots of shady goings on here.

mayhem, Lt Dan and andial like this.
  17. andial

Those wrought Iron decorative posts holding up that thing? Pull it down Will! Pull one of those fecking posts out!

18. stonedywankanobe

It has a 3in concrete slab on top of a rotted 2x8 substructure or I would Dialbro.

Big group meeting, will log on later.

Lt Dan, smooth and andial like this.
  19. ttazzman

ttazzman Midas Member Midas Member Site Supporter

commercial/ industrial-construction/engineering/ma
    asbestos like that is really overrated.....if you ever run into it on your own property take care of it yourself save a huge hastle.......only thing possibly harmfull is the dust in your lungs.....so wear a mask....mist it with water .....try not to cut or break it......bag it......dispose of it and your good.... same issue with most 9" square vinyl style floor tile........or you can pay hundreds of dollars a hour for a teenager working for a enviromental company to do it for you exactly that way....and if it makes you feel better you can purchase some white coveralls and tape up the cuffs LOL

20. andial

21. mayhem

Retired
    Y'all need to pull permits up there to do structural work, or you winging it with this one?

That board shouldn't be that bad, keep the pieces as big as you can. Those paper dust masks really don't cut it. Wear the Tyveck suits as you don't want to be trucking that crap home. That crap is worse than mold. Even though I was Certified I wouldn't do them. No body but Insurance Co. are willing to pay what it is worth. Do it on the sly and a neighbor finds out opens ya for a possible suit.

I know your last name isn't Silverstien where you can just dump it onto a couple million folks. They would put us red necks on the road gang for doing that.

m

stonedywankanobe and Lt Dan like this.
  22. mayhem

Retired
    Well if ya like pulling the little cart with your oxygen tank around with ya don't take it serious. The serious part is the homeowner. Five years later he comes down sick because you didn't do it right and you are poor for life. But ya need to seal off the rest of the house tight, have a good air machine sucking the air through a 24" HEPA filter then to the outside. Everything has to be vacuum with a HEPA vac afterwords. Last time I bought any of those "white coveralls" they were 6 bucks a shot and you only get to use them once, and not many folks last much longer than 2 hours in one.

Or wing it and hope no one sues ya afterword. I didn't carry a 3 mil insurance policy because I liked paying 30k a year for it.

m

23. ttazzman

Im a old guy.......we saw cut ...broke...nailed..etc that crap for years n years putting it in......did the pipe insulation for years....was in inclosed rooms with it ....guess we just got lucky.........last 20 years called the enviro company they sent out a dumb teenager he would mist it with a pump sprayer....rip it out into plastic bags...put in the std dumpster to go to dump....and i got a bill for a couple of hrs work of 500-1k......i guess i am saying what i would do if it were my house each to their own judgement.....i did retire about 8 yrs ago so that stuff mighta got worse under Obama's rule

D-FENZ and stonedywankanobe like this.
  24. stonedywankanobe

Yes sir permits have been pulled. After removal we will be framing back a 2x12 subfloor, mebe 9' walls with open cathedral, using 14" double lvl for ridge and 2x12 again for rafters.

We proceeded with demo of the sunroom up top today after the safety meeting.

Ramped up and all the way around this joker with a straight shot to the dumpster to get a handle on it.

20170222_132903.jpg

Calls have been made the asbestos is being handled per code, nothing to see here folks.

Moar demo

20170222_150458.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    andial, mayhem, smooth and 2 others like this.
  25. mayhem

Retired
    Ya did good SirFramesalot, always cover your butt. I had a neighbor who did the who will know what I did repair. I told him he needed to get that mold problem fixed. After he put 30k into the place he put it up for sale. First thing the buyer wanted was a mold test and inspection, FAIL! It's still empty, he let it go to foreclosure because he didn't want to put another 59k to fix it right. So he rolled the dice and lost big time.

andial, Lt Dan and stonedywankanobe like this.
  26. smooth

IMHO, in that form the asbestos content isn't a big deal as long as it is intact. Half of the warehouses I've worked around are sided with asbestos type panels (Transite). But, any cutting, breaking drilling ETC. and you are exposing yourself and others. If you work in any old industrial fab shops that have been around for awhile you are most likely still inhaling your permissible limit of asbestos (maybe more). Kick up dust along a major Interstate and you'll likely get your limit of asbestos and lead.
    I agree with Mayhem and Tazz, but not Andial.

27. mayhem

Retired
    Well I'm 74+ and got chided all my early days about using masks, not removing moldy stuff correctly, so I did it the 'old guy's way'. Now I have 30% total lung capacity, tethered to a 50' hose all day and night, plus I about collapse walking 30 feet. I'm sure glad I listened to those old guys when I was younger. May those freekers die in hell, because my life is no paradise.

Just sharing some good advice. I don't care what others do, but I will remind them. And if you paid that much for what you claim was done, I got this 88 Blazer I'll sell ya for 100k.

Goldhedge and stonedywankanobe like this.
  28. mayhem

Retired
    Stoney, is that one of those new 'mag-lift ladders' in that first pic? It is just floating there ain't it?

29. stonedywankanobe

20170224_105535.jpg
    It's coming up slowly 18"x3' sections, the ts700 is earning its keep today. Heavy stuff, back hurts pretty good, long ways to go sirs.

mayhem, Lt Dan, andial and 1 other person like this.
  30. ttazzman

Uggggg......i think my back would have overruled my brain and demanded a better way to demo that..........those saws while effective are a long hard way to go

31. stonedywankanobe

20170224_134655.jpg

Goodtimes!

Irons, ttazzman and andial like this.
  32. Bigjon

Bigjon Silver Member Silver Miner Site Supporter ++

I have not done this, but intend to start as soon as I get George's ER-50 kit built. Too busy doing household stuff, like punching holes in walls and ceilings to run water lines and install hifi speakers and run electricity where I want it.
    --------

5 ~ BREATHING BROWN'S GAS FOR HEALTH
    By George Wiseman, Fri, 2016-02-12 13:16
    Categories:
    I'm SHOCKED how far the Orient is ahead of us with using BG for Health.

For example: EPOCH ENERGY TECHNOLOGY located in Taiwan, has successfully developed Brown's Gas for Health businesses.
    Here's a video of a walk-in clinic (not in English but you'll get the idea)

The video is a Taiwan local news interview of EPOCH commercialized products.
    Anyone can step in for a BG treatment, easy as getting a cup of coffee.

Over the years I've breathed BG many times (pure Brown's Gas is absolutely non-toxic) but have recommended not breathing BG because it's explosive...
    The above video reminded me that if you mix the BG with enough air, BG becomes NON-explosive!

I didn't think NOT breathing BG was that big of a deal because BG (particularly the hydrogen) does go through the skin OK, but the lungs are 'designed' to get gasses into the blood stream so are the most efficient delivery of BG into the body. You get a LOT more effective treatment using a lot less gas, and I'm all for efficiency!

That video caused me to totally reverse my recommendation about breathing BG.
    I'll tell you WHY.
    In the past I've always said that it's a bad idea to inhale an explosive gas into your lungs; and I still think that's true, IF the gas is explosive.
    BUT there is a way to breathe BG safely as a NON-explosive gas... by mixing it with air!

If you mix BG with enough air, the volume of hydrogen falls below the lower ignition limit and the BG becomes NON-explosive and you STILL get all the wonderful health effects!
    There is no question that, even though BG can enter the body (get into the blood) through the skin, it is MUCH more effective to get into the blood via the lungs.
    There are THREE important aspects to consider when breathing Brown's Gas (BG or HHO):

First, there MAY be a tiny bit of lye mist in the BG, this can cause a painful kind of pneumonia. I had it happen to me in my early breathing experiments (1996).

To prevent that, use two bubblers (or you can use oxygen humidifiers) in series so that the BG flows through water twice before you breathe it; to be SURE there is no lye in the BG. Here's a quick video showing how to build two bubblers in a few minutes for less than $10. This is even safer than the Epoch method of using only one bubbler.

Water absorbs (scrubs) any residual lye so the BG is fresh and clean. I recommend changing the water in both bubblers (humidifiers) after each hour of electrolyzer use.
    It's best to use distilled or deionized water so you won't be inhaling chlorine and other gasses often found in tap water.
    If you use pure water and your electrolyzer isn't tossing out foam, there's no reason you couldn't drink the BG bubbled water (so doing two techniques at one time). I drink my bubbler water and I give it to our cats.

If your electrolyzer is excessively foaming (which makes it inefficient and can spit out lye with your BG) then you can use this VACUUM technique to suck out the foam.
    Second, When water is 'split' in the ER50, the 'new' oxygen formed is very 'active' (high oxidative potential) and feels harsh if you breathe it directly. Fortunately, bubbling the BG through water 'smooths out' that harshness so it's literally BETTER than a breath of fresh air!

Third, to be SURE that the BG is NON-explosive, don't use too much!

Let's do some quick math (you can skip this for now if you wish):

If you breathe (normal adult resting) 5 liters/minute of air = 300 liters/hour
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respiratory_rate
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respiratory_minute_volume

and hydrogen lower combustion limit is 4%
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen

and BG is 2/3 hydrogen and 1/3 oxygen, (we ignore the oxygen for this calculation)

(300 L/h * 0.04 = 12 L/h) (1200 mL/60=20 mL/m) 20/(2/3)=30 mL/m
    So I can have up to 30 milliliters/minute (18 liters/hour) of BG and still be in the safe (non-combustible) zone.
    So I adjust the capacitance of the ER50 to limit the gas production. At 120 VAC, 60 Hz and with 80 uF of capacitance, the ER50 produces 50 liters/hour of BG.
    So to produce 18 liters per hour, I'd use about 30 uF of capacitance. I recommend oil-filled 'motor run' capacitors and you can pick them up at surplus prices online.

Another great side effect of this ER50 modification/application is that you'll only be drawing about 0.5 amp DC, which means that it'll take a lot longer for the ER50 to get too hot, if it ever does. The ER50 can then be operated (in clinics, etc.) for long periods of time without supplementary cooling.

Also, I note my 'Goat Logic' applies here (and I see Epoch did that).
    It takes 5 goats to equal the milk production of 1 cow. But if that one cow gets sick you lose ALL of your production. If you have 5 goats, you can have some of them not in production (for various reasons) and still have milk (besides I prefer goat milk).
    OK, I wasn't always an inventor, I grew up on a cattle ranch and after agriculture college I had a 60 head goat herd (my cattle ranching Dad wasn't impressed); but that is another life and story.

So... In this case, having several ER50 is much better than having one ER1200. They are easily portable and each 'health station' can have it's own unit.
    You can also have a couple of spare ER50's to trade out when any need maintenance.
    If you need more gas production, it is also perfectly acceptable to combine two or more ER50s

I know that there are at least three clinics that are now using ER50 technology to treat their patients and ALL report good results. I hope to get permission to provide you with details. The nice thing about the ER50 is that you can get these results AT HOME!

Since I've again started experimenting with breathing the Brown's Gas I was amazedat how much energy it gave me (revved me up so much I had trouble sleeping) and it helped clear gunk from my lungs that I didn't even know was there. I have several other health benefits too, but my wife told me not to report them publicly because MY testimony is not credible (I have a Vested Interest in you buying my machines).

My advice, if you breathe BG, is to start slow (10 minutes a day, increasing 5 minutes each day) to let your body get used to it. Also, it's more effective to spread the minutes out over the day (like 3 of 10 minute treatments) rather than 1 of 30 minute treatment... Another good reason to have your own machine.

Another advantage is the Brown's Gas contains TWICE as much hydrogen as oxygen
    (and a special form of water I call Electrically Expanded Water (ExW)).

Hydrogen could be called the element closest to GOD, being the smallest and simplest physical atom and comprising most of the known Universe. It's my opinion (based on transmutation research) that EVERYTHING is made from hydrogen.

Our bodies (like the Universe) are mostly hydrogen by volume.
    and hydrogen is essential to most of the body's thousands of chemical processes.

Our bodies NEED hydrogen (both in elemental and ion form) but there's a catch... Hydrogen is NOT easy to get! Hydrogen attaches itself to other atoms to make all kinds of different molecules. So our bodies have developed the ability to get hydrogen by splitting molecules!
    The most common reaction is between Carbonic acid and the hydrogen and bicarbonate ions
    • CO2 + H2O --> H2CO3 --> H+ + HCO3¯
    The point is that as we age and when we are sick, our bodies have less ability (both lack of energy and impaired 'splitting' mechanisms) to 'get' the hydrogen that we NEED to heal and stay healthy!

Enter Brown's Gas!
    By breathing the hydrogen and oxygen (and ExW) we give the body a chance to acquire ALL these essential life supporting elements without having to spend energy (we may not have) AND we bypass potentially impaired 'splitting' mechanisms!

It's my opinion that Brown's Gas would also help healthy bodies STAY WELL!
    Of course living a healthy lifestyle is also essential :)

For those people who have already assembled their ER50, you can order oxygen humidifiers and nasal cannulas to experiment with breathing the BG as per the Oriental clinics.
    Oxygen humidifiers (example 1) (example 2) Or Build your own!
    and nasal cannulas (example 1) (example 2)
    You'll also need to order a special oxygen fitting to connect your 1/4" ID vinyl hoses to the oxygen humidifier:

As I've said, I've breathed pure BG from a 3000 L/hr electrolyzer with no issue
    (pure BG will even make a squeaky voice (like helium) when in the lungs).
    However, I still Do Not recommend breathing Brown's Gas undiluted; if you do so, you do it at your own risk!
    It's my understanding (from Yull Brown's literature) that the US Navy tested BG as an underwater breathing gas. I don't know if they are actually using it.

Here is me, breathing BG from my personal ER50. It is set to 18 liters/hour for my breathing.
    I've now moved it and set it up so I can do a BG treatment when working on my computer or watching TV.

Note: If you (or a family member) are on oxygen already (bottled or concentrator) then you can Tee in the Brown's Gas and get a hydrogen health boost at the same time. Adding hydrogen will NOT make the oxygen explosive, if you stay below the ignition limit.

It's still OK to bag your arm/leg/etc. Here's a young woman getting an effective treatment for her Carpal Tunnel.
    I hope this information helps you apply BG to yourself, your family and friends for health and prosperity.

For those guys that would like a little more reason to buy an ER50 electrolyzer (or for ladies that want that SPECIAL gift ((fun toy) for their Guy)... Here are a couple of videos I whipped together, first showing BG lead-free soldering and then silver soldering. The ER50 (with the WaterTorch upgrade) can do pretty much anything a larger WaterTorch can do, it's just slower.
    The tiny, laser like flame is QUITE powerful! Brown's Gas is also safer than other torch-fuels, homemade (you can service it yourself), creates the BG on demand (no storage bottles), is inexpensive (to build and operate), able to do highly accurate torch work (preferred by jewelers), etc.

Make your guy the envy of his friends :) Buy him a simple, efficient, practical, fun ER50 Kit NOW!

May the blessings be.
    George Wiseman of www.eagle-research.com
    (Compliance with Government Anti-Spam Regulations)
    c/o Mail Receiving 1306 Main Street Oroville, WA 98844

Other communication venues ~

follow George Wiseman aka < eagle_research > on twitter
    follow George Wiseman on Facebook
    like Eagle-Research Facebook page

Note: Don't reply to this eNews, direct replies to the eNews are never seen by humans because the website robot is handling bounce backs.
    Also, the internet seems to 'lose' a significant number of emails to/from us...
    So, if you want to reliably contact me/us, use our Eagle-Research Contact Page.

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6eIpJD1rCw

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  33. andial

Good grief Will! Good going sir.

mayhem, Lt Dan and stonedywankanobe like this.
  34. stonedywankanobe

Got err done. Who has a hydrocodone, 10's not the 5's man.

20170224_151809.jpg

Leaving the post there until Monday Dialbro, ran out of weed.

ttazzman, smooth, mayhem and 2 others like this.
  35. mayhem

Retired
    Got some MSContin-15's but they may not get there in time.

What was the reason for building it that way to begin with? You never said if this is Res or Comm.

36. stonedywankanobe

It's residential. Retired surgeons place. As for why I have no idea but it had to be close to 3 or so tons of material sitting on those 4 decorative post.

Pops spoke with the nextdoor neighbor yesterday he says his uncle built both of these houses in 49' and 50'. Says they were the first two homes on Cantrell and that the wizzing 5 lane in the front yard was a dirt road at the time.

A bit unrelated but here is a DeSpain pen and ink print of Little Rock as seen from a balloon race in 1926. Dated 1975 and no.3 makes it one of the talented Arkansan's earliest and most scarce works of art.
    Picked it up at a garage sale for 50 cents.
    20170225_095613.jpg

The good ol days.

Lt Dan, mayhem, andial and 1 other person like this.
  37. andial

Sounds fancy.

Edit: Clean work Will.

38. stonedywankanobe

20170301_135101.jpg

Skeleton shot. We finished her up Tuesday after hanging 10 3o6o double hung windows that were special order plastic crap. Didn't get a pic of those...

20170303_124411.jpg

Irons, smooth, Lt Dan and 1 other person like this.
  39. stonedywankanobe

Looked like we would have the week off after the little remodel but we got a call from Andy who operates a 2 (old) men crew. He and Butch are some tough buzzards who certainly would have framed both of these houses alone had we not been available.

Worked out great as we should wrap these up before starting a big remodel on the 14th that we've been waiting on for 6 months.

Two days in now...

20170309_154132.jpg

andial, smooth, Lt Dan and 1 other person like this.
  40. mayhem

Retired
    Hey y'all, anyone here familiar with "Boral TruExterior Siding"? It's a composite ash and polymer product. I have a place that is sided with T-111 and I'm looking to go with something better. Lot's of bad news about HardiePlank on the web. Prolly end up just putting up stucco, but before I do, I'm looking for other options. Got rough weather conditions down here in South Fla. No cold but a lot of wind, moisture, and termites. This is for my rental that I might move into if the wife decides she is tired of cleaning the big house.